• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Update to Forum Rules: Criminal Allegations

In our continuing effort to provide an avenue for individuals to voice their opinions and experiences, we have recently reviewed and updated our forum policies. Generally, we have allowed users to share their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, trainers, etc. within the industry, and that is not changing.

When it came to overt criminal allegations, however, those discussions have in the past needed to stem from a report by a reputable news source or action by law enforcement or the legal system.

We are now expanding our policies to allow posters to share their own first-hand experiences involving overt criminal allegations, such as animal abuse or neglect, theft, etc., but only if they publicly provide their full first and last name along with the post. We still will not allow anonymous postings alleging criminal activity.

So, a user may now make a specific claim against a named individual or company, but it must be a FIRST-HAND account, and they have to IDENTIFY THEMSELVES. Users have always been legally responsible for their posts, and nothing has changed there, but we want to loosen the reins a bit and further allow the free flow of discussion and information relevant to the horse community.

We are not providing a free-for-all of anonymous rumor-mongering. As enduring advocates for the welfare of the horse, we want to provide a forum for those willing to sign their name and shine a light on issues of concern to them in the industry.

The full revised rules are posted at the top of each forum for reference.
2 of 2 < >

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums’ policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

My Rant Regarding Family, Work and Horses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destructive dogs are bored dogs, if your son isn't or cant find a place that will rent to him with a pit and your going to be stuck with him tell your son to pony up some money for doggy daycare. He can run and play all day and when you pick him up he'll just sleep and sleep and sleep. A couple times a week will make a difference.

On "your" weekends board the dog (at your son's expense) so you don't even have to think about it.

For cleaning, assign specific tasks so there's no guess work about now to help or what to help with. Also sit down and talk to them while assigning tasks so they really get how it's stressing you out a bit.

Comment

• Original Poster

This is all great feedback. Thank you. Several years ago I did hire a yard service to do the front lawn because I got tired of always nagging. I will do the same with a cleaning service. I had to hire one last spring to help my elderly uncle. They come in twice a month and do the heavy cleaning (wiping down walls, toilets, etc.).

I guess I just looked at it as being a defeat. But at this point I really don't care. I just want it done and I don't want to be the one to do it all.

The dog is dicey. I spent so many years working in rescue. I even ran the foster program for a large, regional shelter. I feel that if I could bring home literally 100s of animals over the years to foster, I should be able to handle this one dog. We have tried three different crates. He gets out of every one, sometimes with great injury to himself. He ate through the bedroom door. He is fine in the living room (blocked out of bedrooms and bathrooms). We have a dog run in the back yard (a left over from my fostering days) and within a week we had animal control out because of the barking. This isn't my first rodeo with dogs, even difficult dogs. But he has been a handful. I will talk to my vet about medicating him. I cannot let my little Poodles around him. He wants to play and gets too rough and they squeal and he gets ramped up. Not a good fit, so they have to be kept separate. They weigh 7 lbs. One accidental step from him and my dog's back is broken.

I get worried that when this is all over I am going to have to hire one of those disaster clean up companies to come in and put my house right. How embarrassing would that be?!
      Sheilah

Comment

OP, you can't do everything. You have to figure out what's most important to you, and drop the other things. If your horse is most important to you, spend time with your horse and ride first, and do whatever you have energy for after the ride.

Agree that the dog is probably bored - needs more attention, training, activity. If you don't want to commit to that, the dog has to go (or pay for a trainer, doggy day care, etc.) It's not fair to the dog. Also, some animals can't be helped or fixed. If the dog can't be handled or trained...

I hope you find some solutions that work better for you.

Comment

> He is fine in the living room

He isn't "fine" in the living room, he's destroying your house. You can't save them all from their irresponsible owners. Even if you're related.

If you want a cage he cannot get out of, consider a visit to Tractor Supply (or whatever you have) for a horse or goat panel and find someone with a sawz-all and a grinder. Cut the panels in appropriate pieces to make a cube, and wire the whole thing together, leaving the front open on three sides to hinge open, and secure it with heavy duty clips. The front should be inset so that when it's clipped shut, there is no open space for him to try to push through.

This stuff has 4x4 holes, there is a 'horse' panel that has 2x4 that would be better: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...-48-in-h?rfk=1

--
          Wendy
          ... and Patrick

Comment

Unless your 19-year old son is paying market rent for living with you, then he owes you. Make the dog his problem. Set out a training and bathroom schedule and make him follow it for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by enjoytheride View Post
              I would give your son 30 days or you take the dog to a shelter.
              it would have been 30 seconds for me

Comment

I'm sorry but the dog would have to go. Also, your son should be keeping a running tally and be paying you every penny it takes to restore your house to it's previous condition (replace the door, clean and sanitize the floors, etc). He should not have a dog.I do feel bad for the dog but you don't have the time or lifestyle to deal with him either. He still loses out and I don't see euthanasia as a necessarily bad thing. The dog must be miserable in the current circumstance and if those circumstances can't change....?

As for cleaning, if your family is no help, hire help.

I know how families can get in the way. I have been lucky to get to the barn once or twice a week for months. It really blows but doing elder care and working full time just about eats it all up. That is the way it is. I have been lucky to have a friend that has been able to ride my horse 2-3x per week for the last couple months. I don't worry too much about her and enjoy the time I can spend with her. I had back surgery in July so I have been grounded anyway but I still enjoy in-hand and liberty work and as I said, I definitely enjoy whatever time I can get with her.

Good luck,
                Susan

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoRider View Post
                  This is all great feedback. Thank you. Several years ago I did hire a yard service to do the front lawn because I got tired of always nagging. I will do the same with a cleaning service. I had to hire one last spring to help my elderly uncle. They come in twice a month and do the heavy cleaning (wiping down walls, toilets, etc.).

I guess I just looked at it as being a defeat. But at this point I really don't care. I just want it done and I don't want to be the one to do it all.

The dog is dicey. I spent so many years working in rescue. I even ran the foster program for a large, regional shelter. I feel that if I could bring home literally 100s of animals over the years to foster, I should be able to handle this one dog. We have tried three different crates. He gets out of every one, sometimes with great injury to himself. He ate through the bedroom door. He is fine in the living room (blocked out of bedrooms and bathrooms). We have a dog run in the back yard (a left over from my fostering days) and within a week we had animal control out because of the barking. This isn't my first rodeo with dogs, even difficult dogs. But he has been a handful. I will talk to my vet about medicating him. I cannot let my little Poodles around him. He wants to play and gets too rough and they squeal and he gets ramped up. Not a good fit, so they have to be kept separate. They weigh 7 lbs. One accidental step from him and my dog's back is broken.

I get worried that when this is all over I am going to have to hire one of those disaster clean up companies to come in and put my house right. How embarrassing would that be?!
                  Sheilah
                  Give son a time limit. Buy a HEAVY DUTY DOG CAGE. Put the damn dog in it EVERY TIME it can't be outside/with a human. If son doesn't have a place at the end of the time limit he can board it, at $30-40 a day that should get his rear in gear more than dumping it for free at mom's. If needed, the dog can and should be put down. There are far too many good dogs in shelters to keep a neurotic, untrained pitbull around. Any responsible horse owner would tell you the same if you had a HORSE that couldnt/shouldn't be rehomed - why is it any different with a dog?
                  Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
                  https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

Comment

Tally my vote in favor of PTS for the pitbull. Life is too short to deal with home wreckers and there are more deserving dogs out there in need of those homes. And bill your son for his wreckage too.

Comment

"I spent so many years working in rescue. I even ran the foster program for a large, regional shelter. I feel that if I could bring home literally 100s of animals over the years to foster, I should be able to handle this one dog."

Yeah, except that:

"We have tried three different crates. He gets out of every one, sometimes with great injury himself. He ate through the bedroom door. He is fine in the living room (blocked out of bedrooms and bathrooms). We have a dog run in the back yard (a left over from my fostering days) and within a week we had animal control out because of the barking. This isn't my first rodeo with dogs, even difficult dogs. But he has been a handful. I will talk to my vet about medicating him. I cannot let my little Poodles around him. He wants to play and gets too rough and they squeal and he gets ramped up. Not a good fit, so they have to be kept separate. They weigh 7 lbs. One accidental step from him and my dog's back is broken.

The dog is not happy, you are not happy. The dog is not a good fit for your home. He will never be a good fit for your home, being as he isn't going to get smaller and your poodles aren't going to get bigger. The potty pads might just be confusing him and training him to pee and poop inside the house. He is old enough to be housebroken. I am genuinely so proud to know someone who saved so many other dogs, but those were different dogs, at a different time in your life. Work with pit bull rescue to find a new owner who either has lots of time at home to train and exercise this fella, or who is able to pay for doggie daycare every weekday.

Get over your issues with your husband's slobness. Was he neat when you married him? What is going to change now? As others have said, you will have to supervise short, specific tasks once or twice a week if you don't want to be the only one cleaning. Do no do your adult son's laundry. He can handle the wishy-washy machine all by himself.

And remember: no one can take advantage of you unless you let them.

And remember, we all know just how you feel.

Comment

There is no embarrassment in hiring a reclamation company, but there is a lot of expense. The reclamation company will fix everything, and charge you for it, but doggy has to go first. Unless your son can take that dog by the end of the month, then he needs to make a decision either to surrender the dog, or PTS, but it's his responsibility, and he needs to make a decision. And he should pay the reclamation bill, even if it's just repaying you $50 a month for life. And what happens when someone doesn't close a door tight enough, and it opens, and a poodle goes in the living room? It won't have a good ending, and you'll feel horrible forever about the dog. Your son needs to face the fact that no landlord will ever allow that dog, and if one was foolish enough to do that, your son's bill for the damage will be very expensive, and he won't be renting from anyone again that cares about their property.

I still would tell the men to use the hampers you'll get them, or stuff will disappear. I suggest you bag anything dumped in the living room, or other areas besides the hamper in trash bags, and hide it somewhere. When they run out of clothes, then they can either get with the program of not trashing the house, or go naked.

It's not fair that you do everything, and they wander around like a bunch of two year olds. The need to do their own laundry too. Maybe schedule their laundry evening, and if they leave stuff in the washer, or dryer, just set a timer, and they go and empty the washer, or dryer when it goes off. You've trained dogs before, so maybe a liver treat would be a good reward.

You need to claim your territory, and get your time back so you can ride, or just relax before the stress hurts you more.
                        Last edited by JanM; Sep. 10, 2018, 02:19 AM.
                        You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Comment

Your son can't find a rental that will allow a pit bull because those don't exist. There is no way I would keep a dog like that in my house for more than one hour. That dog needs to be euthanized pronto. It has proven, to the detriment of your household for six months, that it is not capable of being part of family life. Do yourself and the dog (oh, and YOUR dogs who aren't destroying your house but are locked up in one room through no fault of their own) a favor and put it to sleep. There is nothing cruel about that in this kind of situation.

The rest of your problems maybe won't seem so bad after you get rid of the dog that is literally destroying your home.

Comment

About the barking. They make bark collars that shoot a citrus spray at them whenever they bark. Try that. Or a collar that shocks them when they bark if necessary. We have used both with success. When we were away from home on business trips the Boxer (now deceased) used to get the other ones barking from his insecurity. So we had our petsitter alternate collars, citrus in the day and electric ones at night so our neighbors wouldn't have anything to complain about.

https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Gentl...07048087&psc=1

Some dogs chew walls to get out, some accept it OK for a time. We have had both types, had to replace drywall and door jams. Our Boxer adopted at 9 months was a holy terror who took months to train. I put him through 2 obedience classes because he flunked the first one...and it wasn't because I didn't work with him. He was the biggest (sweetest) air head we have ever had. He was amazing at getting out of crates too, a total Houdini and we worried too that he would hurt himself trying to get out.

There are people here who understand how to work with dogs, and people who don't. We go the extra mile at my house, once adopted we don't turn our backs on them. (And we've had some doozies that most wouldn't have handled. The Boxer was a walk in the park compared to them.) That's what we do. Everyone is different. Obviously you know what you are doing. You know your limits and are kind hearted. Good luck.

Comment

It sounds as though your son does not fully comprehend the extent to which HIS dog is affecting your home and your life. You might want to take a few photos of
                              what you are having to clean up, to help convey the magnitude of the problem. I definitely agree with giving the son a deadline to step up and take responsibility for HIS dog. You have been so gracious but I don't believe you are morally bound to keep the dog, train the dog, deal with the separation anxiety, and impact your own dogs this way for much longer. Surely your family can see that, and come to an arrangement.....good luck. Perhaps with the occasional house cleaners and the dog not taking up bandwidth you will be better able to find the elusive life balance and more horse time!

Comment

I think some of the best advice I've heard for women in particular is something they tell you in Al-Anon, but which is really applicable in so many relationships. Do not shield your loved one from the consequences of their own decisions. This doesn't mean don't help out when they need it, but don't spend your life going around making things easier for them when they are not holding up their end of the deal.

Women are raised from an early age to be helpers and to see to the comfort of others. It is time for you to take care of yourself first. Your son is an adult who made a very bad decision in getting this dog. Stop shielding him from the unpleasant consequences of that. If your husband doesn't do his laundry for three weeks and doesn't have clean clothes for work, sympathize but do not fix it.

This was SO HARD for me to start doing but really helped rebalance the relationship, and it's fairer to both parties in the end. They needed to step up, and I needed to stop fuming silently which was unproductive and unfair.

The problem with telling them what to do is that you will still be taking on the emotional labor of organizing the whole house and their lives, and that's a lot of labor. Stop doing that and expect them to handle their own responsibilities, or deal with the consequences.

Comment

Late to the party, but I'll contribute.

Buy a Roomba and use it where it won't stand the chance of running over dog poop. Seriously, my Roomba brought my house from 'too-embarrassed-for-company' to 'HOLYCOWHOWVACUUMED?' in an after noon.

Use paper plates.

Hire a house keeping service to come once a week.

Make one pot meals that last several meals.. assign dinner making to another household member at least one night a week AND STICK TO IT (you'll get McDonald's or pizza a few times, just keep something decent as a backup for you on the nights someone else is 'in charge').

Throw out clothing that sits on the floor for more than 24 hours. Leave it in an open, visible trash can, then have the offender take out the trash. (this will be an interesting conversation but it will get you toward your goal)

Stop bringing up clean laundry from dryer.. then, when they complain about this, stop doing other's laundry altogether and tell them why. I used to sort, turn inside out, wash, dry, turn right side out, fold and bring back to the dressers, but DH would always have things jammed in so nothing else fit to put it away. So I stopped putting stuff away. He complained. Now he's lucky if he can find clean underwear on top of the dryer in a pile. He's learning.

Arrange long-term boarding for the dog, then tell son he's got to bring dog to boarding situation and pay. There are boarding + training facilities he can keep this dog. I agree, it's a tough decision but the dog needs to be re-homed. I would not personally euthanasia b/c I know of several a poorly behaved as your son's that have found good homes. Find a rescue that specializes in pits.. I like http://www.pitstopny.org and can highly recommend them.

Comment

I really don't see what the dog has done to need to be euthanized? He's not aggressive. He is bored. He needs toys and things to chew on. he needs more exercise. Does he need to be rehomed, I'd say yes. OP, it's not your dog, and I know you've tried.
                                    I've raised one pitbull puppy and a bunch of other breeds. The pit, while the absolute sweetest dog I ever owned, was the toughest. They need a lot of your time and training. I lived on a farm and he would chase a kong all day long and play with my other dogs. I took him to puppy classes and he always had dog chews and toys. Your son's dog is only going to get worse in his current situation. Either your son steps up, or he needs a new home.
                                    Accuracy is the twin brother of honesty; inaccuracy, of dishonesty.
                                    Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

I totally feel you. I have 5 kids (and 2 stepsons every other weekend), all under age 12, and I feel the house is always a mess. I AM very lucky that my husband pitches in when I get behind. I also assign chores, and even though it may be easier somedays to do it myself rather than spend an hour or more screaming bloody murder and standing over them for an hour or two to make them do them, I do it, because they have to learn to be functioning adults. Even my 4 year old has to help pick up her toys.

Somedays, I let the house go, say goodbye when DH gets home from work, and haul butt out to the barn. I do self care, so I am responsible for ALL care when it comes to them. So it is non negotiable that I make it out to the barn 2x a day, and my family has had to live with that fact . Somedays I AM too tired to ride, but that is my choice, not my familys'.

With a grown son, and hubby, they need to step up. You are NOT a maid. As for the dog, make your oldest son take him or he goes to the shelter. I hate to say it but it will take a LOT of stress from your life, and you won't be spending all that time picking up what he destroys.

Good luck OP. I really hope you can kick their butts and make them pick up their slack.

Comment

Some confusion - OP has 2 sons, the messy 19 yo that lives with her, and an older son that does not live with her but dumped his pit bull with her?

That's easy. Give the pit bull owner 2 weeks to find another place for the dog to live. At the end of 2 weeks, put the dog in a car and drive to the owner's residence and hand the dog over. You can do it. That son needs to grow tf up.

The younger son - confine his mess to his room and he does his own laundry. You can "jail" the stuff he leaves around the house and have him pay to bail it out. If it sits in jail for over a week and he doesn't care, throw it out or donate it or whatever.

Husband - you had to know what he was like before you married him. I can't think of a way to get him to change his behavior in a polite and respectful way, and spouses deserve respect. So get to counseling because it sounds like this really affects your mental health and he is not hearing you.
                                        "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."

Comment

Can you use your rescue contacts to place the pit in a foster that is more equipped to deal with his issues? Frankly I could not handle a dog like that. It isn't that the dog has done anything wrong, but it is a huge issue that it is destroying your house. I bet if the dog is gone, your stress level would go down about the rest substantially.

I would have a hard time taking the dog to a shelter but this simply isn't sustainable and the dog clearly isn't happy either or it wouldn't be so destructive or have so many accidents. Euth is not necessarily the worst thing for a dog that reasonable efforts can't make happy within himself. Sad situation for all of you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X