Sport Horse Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

County Farm Tack (north carolina)- weird situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Farm Tack (north carolina)- weird situation

Back in August I ordered two items. Both "in stock". Recieved confirm of order with order # and message that I would be informed when shipped. Normal stuff
    Two weeks later NOTHING. no shipping info, no stuff. Thus began the communications mess: Called one day, voice mail. Called next day voice mail; sent email. Day after sent email. Fourth day called right at opening. Owner said package should have shipped, she would check and get back to me. Next three days nothing. Left more messages

Finally started dispute process through credit card. Two days later one item appears from an Ohio shop. Another day later second item appears from a Kentucky shop.

So I have my stuff, but wow, what is going on with them???

Don't know the store, but my guess is that these smaller tack shops are all part of a larger company, and they share inventory / ordering systems, etc. Which is a smart business move -- you can keep less inventory and lower your order fulfillment costs, but still maintain the appearance of a small local business. Nothing nefarious, just sounds like they're not very good at managing these logistics.

Comment

I've ordered things from large companies and there'll be a message "Shipped directly from supplier" perhaps that is the case with your items,

Comment

Working...
      X