• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Congratulations to Lillie Keenan!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's so cute! She has pigtails! awwww. Congrats!

Question: (in all non-snarkiness) I found this picture because I wasn't aware of who the little girl is. Are pony finals based on the horse, or on the rider? I ask just because a bunch of the photos I saw looked similar to this one http://www.hunterjumpernews.com/v/20...cb356ff3e037f9, and while not discrediting the cute little talented rider she is...i see flaws that most people on these boards call out frequently. So i just wanted to see if these divisions she won are based on her or her horse? Confused a little
    ~*PVC JUMPER*~
    Dreams are meant to come true, not free...
    "Everything I do, I do out of fear of being mediocre."

Comment

Originally posted by pvcjumper View Post
      That's so cute! She has pigtails! awwww. Congrats!

Question: (in all non-snarkiness) I found this picture because I wasn't aware of who the little girl is. Are pony finals based on the horse, or on the rider? I ask just because a bunch of the photos I saw looked similar to this one http://www.hunterjumpernews.com/v/20...cb356ff3e037f9, and while not discrediting the cute little talented rider she is...i see flaws that most people on these boards call out frequently. So i just wanted to see if these divisions she won are based on her or her horse? Confused a little
      The PF's are based on the pony, not the rider. Equitation is not a factor in h/j classes. Unless she rode in the Pony Medal Final than equitation would count.

Comment

The Long awaited PICTURES

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...eadCrumb/Album
        ~ Unexpected ~

Comment

what a cute kid! I really like to see a kid on ponies in jods.
          congrats to her on a very successful showing in the finals!

And for the negativity...mods please remove her post. That is not and appropriate comment from an adult regarding a 10 year old child. That person should go pick on someone her own size so they can tell her to shut the F@*K up!

Comment

Did you get pictures of any other ponies?

Comment

Yes I have LOTS of pictures, anyone specific you are looking for?
              ~ Unexpected ~

Comment

Are pony finals based on the horse, or on the rider? I ask just because a bunch of the photos I saw looked similar to this one http://www.hunterjumpernews.com/v/20...cb356ff3e037f9, and while not discrediting the cute little talented rider she is...i see flaws that most people on these boards call out frequently. So i just wanted to see if these divisions she won are based on her or her horse? Confused a little
                Um, she's 10 years old. At that age, children literally don’t have the muscle and substance that even a 14 year olds do. Hence, they often compensate with their position. This kid has the eye of a tiger and gets her ponies around accurately. That is an unbelievable task for anyone, let alone a Jr (especially one that young!!). Many pros can't even put in trips like that.
                #JusticeForSunshine

Comment

Originally posted by Lives2Jump View Post
                  Yes I have LOTS of pictures, anyone specific you are looking for?
                  RosMel's UnContested - med green

Comment

Originally posted by LockeMeadows View Post
                    Um, she's 10 years old. At that age, children literally don’t have the muscle and substance that even a 14 year olds do. Hence, they often compensate with their position. This kid has the eye of a tiger and gets her ponies around accurately. That is an unbelievable task for anyone, let alone a Jr (especially one that young!!). Many pros can't even put in trips like that.
                    Just asking I don't know much at all about pony show circuits or what the criteria is. Again, congrats to the cute kid. Was not discrediting her, just asking.
                    ~*PVC JUMPER*~

Comment

Originally posted by grandprixjump View Post
                      She had 3 650k ponies
                      Regardless, I'd say that the kid stepped up to the plate and that the parents got what they paid for.

If the kid rode that well on lesser ponies she would not have won. If she rode the same ponies but didn't do her part, she would not have won. The kid did her job and the ponies held up their end of the bargain, and together they won. Good for her!

Comment

Can't you just say congrats to her...or nothing at all.

Must we ALWAYS go this way on any Hunter post?

She is a tiny thing and obviously rides effectively...and trust me...if she got around those courses that well she is no poser/percher stuck atop a packer.
                        When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

Your right findeight, though I dont think your post was aimed at me since my question was about what pony finals are judged on and not really meant snarkily. Congrats to the little girl either way.

Question:

Do kids that show in these events (are they national?), do they get money prizes or just ribbons and stuff? Does the $$ go to the kids? The parents? Or is it put into a fund or something that they get when they turn 18? Or does the money actually go to the owner of the horse since I think someone earlier said they belong to other farms?
                          ~*PVC JUMPER*~

Comment

Originally posted by grandprixjump View Post
                            I bet it's very unusual for ONE PERSON to have MORE THAN ONE pony in their possession to show at that level.
                            Actually, it isn't as unusual as you seem to think . . .

I don't know this kid personally, nor have I looked at the official results of PF, but sometimes these kids do not own all of the ponies/horses that they ride. Talented kids are often sought out to ride other peoples talented ponies. (Note: I am not saying these were or were not catch rides for Lillie - I truly have no idea. Just saying that goes on often as well).

Whatever the ownership status is of the ponies that she rode, the fact remains that this kid won ALL THREE REGULAR divisions at Pony Finals! Winning ONE is a big deal - winning all three in the same year is a HUGE deal. She deserves tons of credit!

Comment

Question:

Do kids that show in these events (are they national?), do they get money prizes or just ribbons and stuff? Does the $$ go to the kids? The parents? Or is it put into a fund or something that they get when they turn 18? Or does the money actually go to the owner of the horse since I think someone earlier said they belong to other farms?

Well, it really depends. They do give out money to these events. If the rider owns the pony and won the money, they can do with it whatever they would like to do: parents might put it in a trust, might use it to go towards entry fees, might give it to the kids for shopping, ect. A lot of shows already put the money towards the entry fees, but I'm not sure about PF. Usually, there is a check in the envelope handed out with the ribbon. Its whatever the parents or kid rider wants to do with it, no rules on what happens.

If the rider is only CATCHRIDING the pony and dosen't own the pony, then its up to the owners digression. The owner usually keeps it, but its totally up to them. [search threads about "catchriding" to get that whole thing understood about who keeps prizes, gifts, money, ribbons, ect]

Comment

Originally posted by ForTheLoveOfHorse View Post
                                Congratulations to Lillie Keenan! That is such an excting accomplishment for anyone!

However, and I don't want to be bombed for this... it is just a question/comment.
                                Is she really as nice as everyone is saying? Because although she is a fabulous rider, I have seen a not so nice side of her twice. Once was last year when she was riding a pony who used to be owned by one of my really good friends. She had just come out of the ticketed warm up ring at pony finals, and me and my friend walked up to her to say hi. We walk over and say, "Hi! Is that Finny?", and her response was, in a very rude tone, "What do you think?". And then she walked off. Another time I was standing next to her, and I said hi, and she rolled her eyes and walked off. Maybe I just caught her at two really bad times, but that sure didn't leave a good impression on me.
                                From the one experience I had with her she was extremely pleasant...first a friend of mine dragged me to go pet her ponies and she let said friend graciously and was like "yea so and so is the best" when said friend mentioned the pony. Another time she needed someone to hack a large and let a kid do it, that kid was supposed to hack Beau Rivage, but the kid idolized vanity fair and so she let her hack it, the fact that beau rivage had more points in the division may have had something to do with it, but still, coco has a better hack
                                Oh Sweetheart
                                Make A Splash
                                The Adventures of a College Equestrian

Comment

Originally posted by MissintheSouth View Post
                                  And for those of you snarking of her many $$$ horses, I believe she only owns one of those ponies. According to Phelps (by the way of HunterJumperNews), Enchanted Forest is owned by Chansonette Farm LLC (I am assuming this one is hers),
                                  Isn't she Pamela Carmichael's daughter? If so I remember Ponybreeder telling us to watch for her because she is such a talented rider. Chansonette Farm, sounds like a combination of Pam Carmichael's two junior hunters, Chance Step and Lansonette.

Regardless, that is a great riding accomplishment and doesn't deserve the nasty comments. Congratulations to Lillie.

Comment

Oh for heaven's sake...the kid is TEN.

Let's not trash her in cyberspace because she may have had a "not nice moment" in the recollection of some poster or other...who just had to share the event from their side.

You want to see a not nice moment, you oughta see me on a hot afternoon at a show when my class gets pushed back yet again after showing up dressed at the ring...and nobody bothered to share the rescheduale. I've had alot more practice at it then some 10 year old too.

Lay off the kid.
                                    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

Congratulations Lillie! I'm sure it was a week you won't soon forget. What an accomplishment!

Comment

Originally posted by BAC View Post
                                        Isn't she Pamela Carmichael's daughter? If so I remember Ponybreeder telling us to watch for her because she is such a talented rider. Chansonette Farm, sounds like a combination of Pam Carmichael's two junior hunters, Chance Step and Lansonette.

Regardless, that is a great riding accomplishment and doesn't deserve the nasty comments. Congratulations to Lillie.
                                        I think that is correct, I had heard her mom was a big junior rider in her days. I had assumed that Chansonette Farm was hers (or her parents' rather). Personally, I don't think who bought what is relevant to how successful she is (or will be), I just wanted to point out the error in another posters saying she owned all three ponies. It's not like the ponies are aware who pays the bills!

Comment

Wow- three championships? That's just great. At age 10. Wow.

I will say, that sometimes it does seem like hunter riders get on hot streaks and just keep winning on whatever horse they are on. I think they have more to do with the success of a round then we give credit for.

Comment

Working...
                                          X