Sport Horse Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bates Hunter/Jumper Saddle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bates Hunter/Jumper Saddle

What is the difference between the new Bates Hunter Jumper saddle and the Caprilli? Anyone tried it? It's about $400 cheaper.

Bates Elevation H

I love my Bates close contact---isn't the Caprilli an Eventing or more all-purpose saddle?
    L'in'MAO at the horse world

Comment

what about that new bates saddle... im not sure the name but its like 2400? i sat in one and it seemed really comfy. anyone have one?

Comment

Personally I think the new Hunter/Jumper saddle looks cheap. I hate all the stitching!

The Caprilli is an all purpose, but they do, or did make modified flaps, I'm pretty sure.

I have the old Bates Elevation J and I love it!!!

Tally Girl, I think you may be thinking of the Next Generation Elevation, it's what replaced the Elevation J and H.

Comment

Originally posted by kgro632 View Post
          Personally I think the new Hunter/Jumper saddle looks cheap. I hate all the stitching!

The Caprilli is an all purpose, but they do, or did make modified flaps, I'm pretty sure.

I have the old Bates Elevation J and I love it!!!

Tally Girl, I think you may be thinking of the Next Generation Elevation, it's what replaced the Elevation J and H.
          yes! that one! thank you! lol. i could not remember for the life of me. is that one any good?

Comment

Hobbs, here is the Caprilli from Equestrian Collections for $1165, if that helps... seems like a really good price!! Only the regular or long flap though, they don't have the forward.

http://www.equestriancollections.com...upcode=WB00588

Comment

Can't comment on the new ones but just wanted to say that they have the Caprilli Close Contact which is not at all like an all purpose saddle. Had one and loved it but traded up for an Antares as a Christmas present
              Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
              My equine soulmate
              Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

Comment

Slightly off topic question, but I just got a Caprilli a few months ago and was wondering what the general consensus is on the flexiblocs? Mine didn't come with any and I'm used to saddles with both front and rear blocks, so I find myself really wanting blocks on the Caprilli. However it's $80-90 to buy them, so I'd hate to get them and end up not liking them. I've been scouring ebay and classified sites but never come across any second hand. Do y'all think they make a noticeable difference?
                http://the900facebookpony.com/

Comment

I have and LOVE the Next Generation Elevation - I have the regular not the deep seat and its just wonderful. Gets a little slick sometimes but a good oiling does the trick.
                  http://www.backontrackdocumentary.com/albie/

Comment

Originally posted by dani0303 View Post
                    Can't comment on the new ones but just wanted to say that they have the Caprilli Close Contact which is not at all like an all purpose saddle. Had one and loved it but traded up for an Antares as a Christmas present
                    I have the Bates Caprilli close contact and use it for hunter/jumper. It came with the knee blocks and thigh blocks but I only use the knee blocks. It broke in very easily and I really like being able to adjust it to fit my horse's withers.

Comment

Originally posted by kgro632 View Post
                      Not any help on the new ones, but Caprilli came in either a CC model or the AP. A girl at our barn has the CC and loves it. I looked at it but decided to go a different route in the end.
                      A proud friend of bar.ka.

Comment

well if anyone would like to get rid of any blocks they aren't using...
                        http://the900facebookpony.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dani0303 View Post
                          I was thinking about doing the same thing; liked my Bates pretty much until I rode in a friend's Antares... big mistake...

Comment

The Caprilli comes in either a CC, AP, or Dressage saddle.
                            FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Comment

Working...
                            X