• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Euroseats, side zips/ Tailored Sportsman??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroseats, side zips/ Tailored Sportsman??

I am in the market for some breeches .
    I love the euroseats but the cotton ones have a mind all of their own.
    My other TS sidezips have done fine, but diaper butt on the cotton trophy!!

What is your feedback on the Professional Trophy Breeches by tailored Sportsman??

Does anyone ride in the Professional Sidezips??

All I the ones I want in low rise.

Of the tailored sportsmans which hold up the best??

By the way these are for show and schooling

I found that my cotton TS breeches definitely don't hold up when I'm riding at least 3 horses per day, 7 days a week. I got a pair of the Professional Trophy breeches and they've held up really well! If you want a less expensive alternative, you can buy the Pikeur Ciara breeches from www.amirashop.co.uk for under $200 which is definitely better than paying over $300 here!
    "It's about the horse and that's it" - George Morris

Comment

I would go with the pikeur ciara's or the grand prix vegas both front zip with euro seat.

Comment

Speaking strictly of the low rise models: I love both the Professional Trophy and side zips....especially when it's hot. They hold their shape well, and are plenty durable. I prefer the fit of the Trophy, but both are good.

In my opinion, the Royal size zips hold their shape the best and are the most durable. The Supremes are also durable, but they stretch out quite a bit more.

I've been real happy w/ the cotton Trophy breeches too. They spring back to shape better then the cotton size zips for some reason.

So, all that being said, I'd purchase either the Royal side zips or one of the Professional breeches for showing and the cotton ones for daily use. You really need to try on the reguarly side zip and the Trophy to see which you prefer. They fit a little different.
        Last edited by chawley; Jan. 6, 2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I AM OBSESSED WITH THE TROPHY PROFESSIONAL SIDE ZIPS. I have 3 pairs (don't worry I didn't pay full price ) The first pair has been through hell, many washings, and still look great. I swear they repel dirt. They look great, are slimming, and incredibly comfortable. I could wear them forever. Get them, if they fit you, you won't regret it.

I have owned every kind of TS breech and these are definitely the most durable. Helps that they are washable! The Supreme Hunters are durable but the patches aren't. The patches on these are not real leather so they're more durable.

They are also cool in the summer. I wear under armour under them in the winter and I'm toasty.

Comment

• Original Poster

I only want TS But is side zip better than front or is preference.

Does the trophy side zips fit the same as the front zip .

I have a pair of the cotton front zips in the trophy so I know how they fit.
            Does the fabric change the size????
            Does anyone show in the WHite trophy professionals??

Thanks Everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea View Post

Thanks Everyone.
              I would try on whatever you want to buy. The side/front zip is a different look as well as a different fit and may be more or less flattering depending on your shape. The professional fabric is more fitted than the cottons yet it is also more flattering (IMO). Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea View Post

Thanks Everyone.
                I have both and prefer the size zip....they seem to sit a little lower on the hip on me. I also like the look better, but that is a subjective thing.

The fabric is the same for both.

Comment

Working...
                X