• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

TB Celebration Horse Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB Celebration Horse Show

Hats off to Ann, KC, and everyone else who put on the second TB Celebration horse show! What a fun time! If you have an OTTB, I strongly suggest you try to attend. Great courses, beautiful jumps, and the friendliest atmosphere one can imagine. When was the last time you were at a show an the organizers asked you if you were having fun??? Stalls and classes were extremely reasonably priced (I spent less than I do for a local show).

Great job Ann, KC, Chris, and anyone else who made it work.

We had a fabulous time as well - and we'll definitely be back in the spring. I can't be more thrilled with my boys - the big guy made his hunter debut and was overall much better than expected (he hadn't been off the farm in 6 months due to an injury)...and the old man showed he still has what it takes to have fun in the jumpers!

Thanks to everyone who organized this show - you were great! As an eventer, I usually don't drive more than an hour for a h/j show...but this was well worth the 4.5hr drive!
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Comment

I would love to do this next year! Where can we find info/dates etc? I need to stick it in my phone calendar or will not remember
      www.shawneeacres.net

Comment

I think the dates are:
        March 20-21
        June 12-13
        and Nov 20-21

This year the prize list was posted on the VA Horse Center website.
        www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Comment

I had a great time too!!! I was SO proud of my horse! First show and first time in an indoor ring. He learned a lot and gave me everything I asked 150%. He cantered a course for the first time in his life----IN THE CLASS, lol. I was planning to trot into all the lines as we have done at home, but he had this lovely soft canter going on and I just said whatever and let it roll----so glad I did!! He was awesome!!

The management did a great job, the emphasis was on fun and safety while totally maintaining the quality of a "real" show. The prices were great, the atmosphere was awesome. Free food, nice folks. Left with a bunch of new friends. We'll be back for all three shows next year!!!
          Katie Gardner ~ Otteridge Farm
          Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Otteri...12757628746926

Comment

I'm so glad it was such a success! Does anyone know who won the Hunter Style Award?
            Wedonit
            Ch. G, 2000
            Stalwars x Theydonittoknight

Comment

FlyingSwap - I think you were stabled next to us I was the one in pink with the old horse and the big horse

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelmd07 View Post
                FlyingSwap - I think you were stabled next to us I was the one in pink with the old horse and the big horse
                Yep! Hi!!!

Your horses are sooooooooooooo adorable and if you won one more bucket......

I thought our whole side of the barn was really fun to be with---a lot of quality horses and nice people! Also, I may need a lot of help at the next couple of shows, as I'm going to look at an OTTB Friday that is a jumper () prospect-----which is something I've never done but want to try!!!

I'm totally hooked on OTTBs. Love them. Everyone did a great job!
                Katie Gardner ~ Otteridge Farm
                Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Otteri...12757628746926

Comment

The Hunter Style Award was won by Stardom Bound, owned by Rosehill Farm and ridden by Anneliesa King of Bedford, VA. The Jumper Style Award was won by Icy's Prospect with owner/rider Jackie Clement from the Richmond area.

This horse show was a lot of fun, and I was only able to be there for one of the days! Looking forward to future OTTB Horse Shows! If anyone needs more information, contact Show Chairperson, Anne Russek at annrussva@hotmail.com She is more than happy to answer questions!!!

Comment

I can't wait to see photos!
                    Wedonit
                    Ch. G, 2000
                    Stalwars x Theydonittoknight

Comment

Photos from TB Celebration

They will be available very soon from the photographer Brant Gamma who is working diligently to post them for all to see.

www.brantgamma.com

Comment

Hunter & Pleasure Results from the TB Celebration Nov. 21-22, 2009

SUFFOLK DOWNS HUNTER DIVISION (2'3") # of entries: 30
                        Champion - Stardom Bound, Rosehill Farm
                        Reserve Champion - I'll Be Seeing You, Stephanie Woods

Class #2 Over Fences
                        1. I'll Be Seeing You, Stephanie Woods owner, Chelsea Groggins rider
                        2. Simon Says Jump, Billie Rae Croll, owner & rider
                        3. Clean Slate, Kristen Hortenstine, owner & rider
                        4. Four On The Floor, Betsy Burton, owner & rider
                        5. Stardom Bound, Rosehill Farm owner, Anneliesa King rider
                        6. GhostofChristmasPresent, Paula Haughey owner, Billie Rae Croll rider

Class # 3 Over Fences
                        1. Stardom Bound
                        2. Woolford, Linda & Joe Anderson owner, Linda Anderson rider
                        3. Clean Slate
                        4. Four On The Floor
                        5. Simon Says Jump
                        6. Finders Reward, Judi Edwards owner & rider

Class #4 Under Saddle
                        1. Stardom Bound
                        2. Bendo, Emily Bassett owner & rider
                        3. Hartford Premier, Winter Hill Farm & KC Hearn owner, Alyssa Berfield rider
                        4. I'll Be Seeing You
                        5. Clean Slate
                        6. Emerald City, Courtney Dilalla Hazelton owner & rider

MONMOUTH PARK HUNTER DIVISION (2'6") # of Entries: 40
                        Champion - Stardom Bound
                        Reserve Champion - Showoff, Devon Leigh Braswell owner & rider

Class #5 Over Fences
                        1. Stardom Bound
                        2. Best Effort, Pamela Haskins
                        3. Showoff
                        4. Clean Slate
                        5. Four On The Floor
                        6. Well Spent, Krista Hodgkin owner, Billie Rae Croll rider

Class #6 Over Fences
                        1. Stardom Bound
                        2. Four On The Floor
                        3. Well Spent
                        4. Best Effort
                        5. Strodes Commander, Katelyn Holley owner & rider
                        6. GhostofChristmasPresent

Class#7 Under Saddle
                        1. Showoff
                        2. Stardom Bound
                        3. Gaming Fool, Big Lick Farm owner, Rachel McMahon rider
                        4. Bendo
                        5. Clean Slate
                        6. Silent Thunder, Amy Steinmann owner & rider

PIMLICO HUNTER DIVISION (3') # of Entries: 15
                        Champion - Stardom Bound
                        Reserve Champion - Evening News, Shelby Hopkins owner & rider

Class #8 Over Fences
                        1. Evening News
                        2. Stardom Bound
                        3. Weather Permitting, Richlyn Morton owner & rider
                        4. Well Spent
                        5. Our Toby, Jane Allen owner & rider
                        6. Simon Says Jump

Class #9 Over Fences
                        1. Stardom Bound
                        2. Simon Says Jump
                        3. Well Spent, Krista Hodgkin owner & rider
                        4. Weather Permitting
                        5. Our Toby
                        6. Flying Hombre, Caitlyn Ryan owner & rider

Class #10 Under Saddle
                        1. Hybrid Bay, Jillian Adriani owner & rider
                        2. Well Spent
                        3. Evening News
                        4. Blast Off, Ashley Rasnake owner & rider
                        5. Dirty Little Secret, Brittney Watson owner & rider
                        6. Weather Permitting

DELAWARE PARK HANDY HUNTER CLASS (2'6") # of Entries: 23
                        1. Meant To Be, Caitlyn Zoetis owner & rider
                        2. Hartford Premier, Winter Hill Farm & KC Hearn owner, Krista Hodgkin rider
                        3. Best Effort
                        4. The Real Deal, Brittney Watson owner & rider
                        5. Finders Reward
                        6. O'Shay's Wolf, Lindsay Graves owner & rider

$1,000 HUNTER STAKE CLASS (all heights) # of Qualified Entries: 11
                        1. Well Spent
                        2. Evening News
                        3. Clean Slate
                        4. Showoff
                        5. Four On The Floor
                        6. I'll Be Seeing You

BLUE HORSE CHARITIES PLEASURE (W/T & W/T/C) # of Entries: 34
                        Champion (Tie) - Meant To Be, Bendo
                        Reserve Champion - I'll Be Seeing You, Stephanie Woods owner & rider

Class #12 Walk/Trot
                        1. Bendo
                        2. Blast Off
                        3. What's In A Name, Winter Hill Farm & KC Hearn owner, Kathy Kraince rider
                        4. Pres's Ha Ha, Lexi Robinson owner & rider
                        5. I'll Be Seeing You
                        6. A Noble Attempt, Ann Turner Dunford owner & rider

Class # 13 Walk/Trot/Canter
                        1. Meant To Be
                        2. I'll Be Seeing You
                        3. Bet On Gibson, Savannah Rhea Cordova owner & rider
                        4. All The Rave, Dana Bohannon owner & rider
                        5. What's In A Name
                        6. Gotcha Beat, Brittney Watson owner & rider

PHILADELPHIA PARK PLEASURE HUNTER (W/T/C & Hack) # of Entries: 22
                        Champion - Stuck On You - Liz Hansen Hinds owner & rider
                        Reserve Champion - I'll Be Seeing You

Class #14 Walk/Trot/Canter
                        1. I'll Be Seeing You
                        2. Bendo, Emily Bassett
                        3. Bet On Gibson
                        4. Our Toby
                        5. What's In A Name
                        6. Hartford Premier, Winter Hill Farm & KC Hearn owner, Alyssa Berfield rider

Class #15 Hunter Hack
                        1. Stuck On You
                        2. Meant To Be
                        3. Bet On Gibson
                        4. A Noble Attempt
                        5. R. Huey
                        6. All The Rave

Comment

Jumper Results from TB Celebration

JUMPER RESULTS from TB Celebration Horse Show November 21-22, 2009

CHURCHILL DOWNS JUMPER (0.80m) # of Entries: 19
                          Champion - R. Huey, Julia Wendell owner, Hannah Ong rider
                          Reserve Champion - Stuck On You

Class # 17 II2b
                          1. R. Huey
                          2. Bacardi Ice, Emily Leach owner & rider
                          3. Icy's Prospect, Jackie Jo Clement owner & rider
                          4. Flying Hombre
                          5. Summer Confession
                          6. Justin, Liz Hattenburg owner & rider

Class #18 II2c
                          1. Icy's Prospect
                          2. Stuck On You
                          3. R. Huey
                          4. Eldon's Hero, Liz Hattenburg owner & rider
                          5. Duplicitous, Liz Carter owner, Rachel McMahon rider
                          6. Summer Confession

Class #19 112b
                          1. Stuck On You
                          2. Bacardi Ice
                          3. R. Huey
                          4. Justin
                          5. Flying Hombre
                          6. Icy's Prospect

BELMONT JUMPER (0.95m) # of Entries: 12
                          Champion - Dawn's Sunrise, Billie Bryant owner, Alicia Daily rider
                          Reserve Champion - One More For The Road, Cheryl Resch owner, Chrissy Resch rider

Class #20 II2c
                          1. One More For The Road
                          2. B.L.'s Brass, Jillian Adriani
                          3. R. Huey
                          4. Dawn's Sunrise
                          5. Reign, Jennifer Colson owner & rider
                          6t. Jahute, Jenny Koehn owner & rider
                          6t. Summer Confession

Class #21 112b
                          1. Dawn's Sunrise
                          2. R. Huey
                          3. One More For The Road
                          4. Providence, Cynthia Weldon owner, Olivia Exum rider
                          5. Summer Confession
                          6. Reign

Class #22 112b
                          1. Icy's Prospect
                          2. Dawn's Sunrise
                          3. Jahute
                          4. Reign
                          5. Providence
                          6. R. Huey

SARATOGA JUMPER (1.10m) # of Entries: 4
                          Champion - Goshen Pass, Teresa Brookins owner & rider
                          Reserve Champion - B.L.'s Brass

Class #23 II2b
                          1. Goshen Pass
                          2. B.L.'s Brass
                          3. Providence
                          4. Reign

Class #24 II2c
                          1. B.L.'s Brass
                          2. Reign

Class #25 II2b
                          1. Goshen Pass
                          2. Reign
                          3. Providence
                          4. B.L.'s Brass

$1,000 JUMPER STAKE CLASS (all heights) # of Entries: 12
                          1. Icy's Prospect
                          2. B.L.'s Brass
                          3. R. Huey
                          4. Goshen Pass
                          5. Bacardi Ice
                          6. Providence

Comment

2010 dates for TB Celebration

The Virginia Horse Center will host 3 Thoroughbred Celebration Horse Shows in 2010.

March 20-21
                            June 12-13
                            November 20-21

Mark your calendars and plan to be there!

Comment

Did anyone here go the March show? How was it?

Comment

I went with 4 and it was great. Will be back in June with a bunch more from the farm. One of ours, it was his 3rd show and first time indoors and he was champion in the Churchill Downs jumpers. Courses were great, a bunch of nice horses and riders.
                                www.hilltopfarmva.com

Facebook: Hilltop Farm VA

Comment

Working...
                                X