• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

SE Maclay Regionals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Maclay Regionals

Any updates from FL? How are things going?
    "are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn...I can yawn, because I ride better than you, Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn, you, not so much..." George Morris in Camden, SC

I was just about to ask the same thing. I think this is gonna be quite a competitive regional. shawn. chase. molly and amber plus tons more. good luck to all the teens down there!

Comment

I should know about the warm-up medal tonight as soon as my friend calls me. I'll let you guys know what I hear. Looks to be a tough group, but not too much tougher than years past. It's about time the SE Regional began to step-up it's game.

Comment

88 is currently winning the FL Governor's Medal (aka Warm-up for Regionals - only Regional entrants are eligible for the class).

Comment

Last Night's Class Results:
          1. Paulena Johnson
          2. Amber Henter
          3. Shawn Casady
          4. Chelsey Zulia
          5. Molly Braswell
          6. Carolyn Van Houten
          7. Kelley Levine
          8. Catherine Billings
          9. Julianna Fischer
          10. Jaime Steinhaus
          11. Jennifer Delman
          12. Nicole Belissimo

Comment

Yeah, Cate!!! She's an awesome rider who works so hard!!! (Catherine Billings)

How many were competing??
            www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Comment

About 50. Maybe a couple less.

Comment

There are 2 that I can think of who are not on that list, but I would think would compete in that regional: Hasbrouck Donovan and Chase Boggio.

Comment

Yes, the results from last night did leave out some of the regulars. Hasbrouck, Chase, Taylor Ann, Morgan, and Taylor Brown (who just won the Zone 3 Finals) could all be top contenders tonight too.

But the one thing to remember is they normally take at least 20, if not a few more - my last junior year, they took 26 from a group about the same size as this one - from this region. As nice it would be to get a ribbon, a strong trip O/F and nice flat work will normally get you through, at least here.

Comment

• Original Poster

Yay Kelley Levine! She's one of ours!
                    "are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn...I can yawn, because I ride better than you, Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn, you, not so much..." George Morris in Camden, SC

Comment

Does anyone have final results? Are they over yet? Thanks!!

Comment

Or does anyone know where to get results?

Comment

Amber won, Hasbrouk 3rd. Taylor Adams 2nd.
                          Last edited by wesierobb; Sep. 6, 2009, 12:58 AM.
                          .........just call me Nana.

Comment

Results are posted on www.horseshowsonline.com
                            ~ Unexpected ~

Comment

ooops...corrected list.

1) Kate Billings
                              2) Chelsea Zulia
                              3) Carolyn Van Houten
                              4) Amber Henter
                              5) Chase Boggio
                              6) Taylor Ann Adams
                              7) Taylor Brown
                              8) Caroline Spogli
                              9) Paulina Johnson
                              http://www.poochpaddock.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Po...4588358?ref=mf

Comment

OMG, Cate won??? Hurray!!! For those who don't know her, she's a darling girl (and my neighbor who also is now riding my horse, Debonair, who she won the Talent Search on last week!!)
                                Her father owns Little Pond Farm in Tallahassee. They (Rob and Cathy Billings) are the most dedicated family.......mother comes after work to do the braiding, aunt comes to take photos, little sister helps groom.
                                Cate gets great grades, yet rides every day!
                                Can you tell I"m thrilled!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!
                                www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Comment

Here's the official press release to enjoy!

Catherine Billings is Triumphant at 2009 ASPCA Maclay Region 3 Championship

Green Cove Springs, FL—September 5, 2009—Catherine Billings and trainer-dad Rob Billings shared an emotional weekend by besting 50 top competitors to capture the ASPCA Maclay Regional Championship (Region 3, the Southeast), held during 2009 North Florida Hunter Jumper Association’s Labor Day Horse Show at the Agricultural Center in Green Cove Springs, Fl.

The ASPCA Maclay Horsemanship Trophy is the ultimate junior hunter award, presented to one rider age 18 or under who has competed in a series of qualifying classes and earned enough points to participate in a regional contest. A percentage of all regional winners then advance to the year-end National Championships at the Syracuse Invitational Horse Show, the deciding final will be held on October 31st. Region 3-Southeast includes athletes from Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland. This marks the third year the Southeast Regional Final has taken place in Florida.

The 12-fence course designed by Allen Rheinheimer tested both intellect and handiness of riders. One missed or added stride, misgauged speed, or forgotten lead change could dash hopes of making the call back. “It was a challenging ride.” tonight’s winner Catherine Billings confessed.

The 15-year-old rider, who makes her home in Tallahassee, FL., and trains with her father Rob, has been teamed with Figaro just over a year. “He’s got such a brave heart! I just love him, he takes such good care of me.” said Catherine of her mount 9 year-old Figaro. Both daughter and father were clearly emotional over the win, Catherine was still absorbing the moment and Rob simply beamed with pride. “We had her on a horse as a toddler in leadline classes and look at her now!” Rob gushed. When asked about the balance of being dad and trainer he hugged “Cate” and said, “We started when she was still in diapers, drug her around to all the shows-first in leadline and then on to ponies starting with Mighty Mouse. It’s been a lot of fun. I think it’s created a special bond and common interest for us. But reaching this point in time is largely due to the coaching of Bob Brasswell and Christina Schlusemeyer. We so appreciate they’re taking her under their care.” A smiling Catherine nodded in agreement.

Of the 50 contenders in the first round of the Maclay, 36 were called back by judges Timmy Kees and Jimmy Toon to move into the “flat phase.” Broken into three groups of 12, the judges put them through the paces asking for riders to drop their stirrups and proceed from a sitting trot to a rising trot and finally into a canter. As the last group cleared the ring, deliberations began and silence engulfed the arena as riders, trainers, and spectators held their breath. Working their way to the top in reverse order, no one knew if or where they placed until the announcer called a name and when Catherine’s name was called…a roar of excitement rang out, family and friends teared up. The celebration began.

Presenting the awards for this year’s winners was Leo Conroy of the National Horse Show Association and assisted by Susan Rindal representing North Florida Hunter Jumper Association. The top ten would ribbon and be awarded gift certificates for a free full page from EquestrianCollegeRecruiters.com. The Champion and Reserve would be presented with their respective medals and of course our winning horse would enjoy a handsome embroidered cooler.

The 2009 Maclay National Championship for the ASPCA Horsemanship Classes will be held on October 31st at the Syracuse Invitational Horse Show

REGION 3 TOP 10 RESULTS

Catherine Billings Figaro
                                  Chelsey Zulia Convent 8
                                  Carolyn Van Houten El Campeons Danish
                                  Amber Henter Triumph
                                  Chase Boggio Graphiq
                                  Taylor Adams Almost Famous
                                  Taylor Brown Legato
                                  Caroline Spogli Superfly
                                  Paulena Johnson Prosecco 24
                                  Mahala Rummell George Bailey

Comment

Here's the course.
                                    Attached Files
                                    As is our confidence, so is our capacity. ~W. Hazlitt

Gift Hill Farm

Comment

Congratulations to all who made it through!

I wonder when they will start holding SE regionals somewhere out of Florida, where it has been held for the last several years. The distance was the reason I focused on the Medal and not the Maclay my last junior year and this year it our barn's rider from being able to go. It's a long hike for riders farther north.
                                      "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep." - Harry Dresden

Amy's Stuff - Rustic chic and country linens and decor
                                      Support my mom! She's gotta finance her retirement horse somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Renn/aissance View Post
                                        Congratulations to all who made it through!

I wonder when they will start holding SE regionals somewhere out of Florida, where it has been held for the last several years. The distance was the reason I focused on the Medal and not the Maclay my last junior year and this year it our barn's rider from being able to go. It's a long hike for riders farther north.
                                        True, but Jacksonville is still about 8 hours from Wellington- 10+ from other parts of the state as well.

Comment

Working...
                                        X