• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Antares serial number decoding!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antares serial number decoding!

3L 17.5 M20 AG 10 AR 10 337 04

What does it all mean? I know it's a 17 1/2

Antares serial number

Antares utilizes serial numbers to certify a specific saddle to the first buyer. The first few numbers 3L 17.5M is the flap position and length and a 17.5 saddle seat......The other numbers, who knows......could be the type of leather or the type of flocking.....

Comment

I have been exhaustively searching for the code book as well... i have a little insight, but not much here is what i have learned..... yup 3 is the length, which is long (2 being the the averag length for an average height woman) but they can go up to a 5 in flap length, if that helps. L refers to the seat width - L, I believe means wide seat width (nothing to do with tree). SC is usually stamped for 1/2 deep seat or C for deep seat so don't know what it means if neither stamped. A is a forward flap and AA is very forward, but don't see that in your code either. no clue about AG. M20 has something to do with the panels and AR 10 does as well - this is where all the custom stuff comes in. 337 04 would be the serial # and 04 would also be the year it was made. I would contact the Antares rep for an exact reading and please let us know what you learn !!
      Good luck in your saddle search!

Comment

The previous replyer was correct about the 3L & 17.5 part.
        I think the M20 is a average/wide tree (the M20 fit my wide appendex & my trainer asked the rep for an "average" tree when she ordered and he said the M20 would be it. I have put the M10 on and it was more narrow but not what I would consider a "narrow" tree if that makes sense- french saddles tend to run wider than american/england made). The AG10 and AR10 have to do with the modifications on the pannels if I am not mistaken (I think the 10 is 10millimeters extra padding but AR and AG I don't know where exactly they added it to-it is location if I am not mistaken. For example 2 letters would mean right back of tree/pannel, another 2 letters would mean the wither area of the saddle. This has to do with making the saddle fit for uphill, downhill, swaybacked, etc horses). I was told the "337 04" would mean the 337th saddle made in 2004. Hope this helps. I agree with the previous poster- if you contact antares they are more than happy to help as well as Devoucox. I have contacted both about saddles I have been looking at and both reps were very helpful.

Comment

This code I've cracked !

Well, I see we're both eyeing the same saddle

I contacted two Antares reps and here's what I learned:

3 - refers to the flap size - this is an average sized flap (contrary to what another posted) and on this particular saddle it is not built overly forward. (I'm 5'7" and was told it should be a great fit)
          L - refers to the seat style with emphisis on the twist and on this particular saddle it is a touch wider on each side than the average with a narrow twist.
          17.5 - seat size, self explainitory
          M20 - refers to the tree size - this is the average sized tree and on this particular saddle was fitted to a warmblood subtle wither & sloping shoulder.
          AG 10 - refers to the panel and in this particluar saddle 10mm of padding was added to the pack of the panel near the gussett.
          AR 10 - refers to the panel and in this particular saddle 10mm of padding was added to the front of the panel near the wither.
          337 - refers to the place in production it was made
          04 - refers to the year it was made and in this particular saddle it is considered an 05 because of the month it was manufacturered.

The leather is already posted in the saddle's ad, so you know that.

Now why I just broke down the particulars for someone who may potentially get it before I do...I'm not sure! (I have to do some budget crunching first but WOW it's a deal hard to pass up! especially with all the extras

I mean....no, it's overpriced and ugly

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by 3DayMetro View Post
            Well, I see we're both eyeing the same saddle

I contacted two Antares reps and here's what I learned:

3 - refers to the flap size - this is an average sized flap (contrary to what another posted) and on this particular saddle it is not built overly forward. (I'm 5'7" and was told it should be a great fit)
            L - refers to the seat style with emphisis on the twist and on this particular saddle it is a touch wider on each side than the average with a narrow twist.
            17.5 - seat size, self explainitory
            M20 - refers to the tree size - this is the average sized tree and on this particular saddle was fitted to a warmblood subtle wither & sloping shoulder.
            AG 10 - refers to the panel and in this particluar saddle 10mm of padding was added to the pack of the panel near the gussett.
            AR 10 - refers to the panel and in this particular saddle 10mm of padding was added to the front of the panel near the wither.
            337 - refers to the place in production it was made
            04 - refers to the year it was made and in this particular saddle it is considered an 05 because of the month it was manufacturered.

The leather is already posted in the saddle's ad, so you know that.

Now why I just broke down the particulars for someone who may potentially get it before I do...I'm not sure! (I have to do some budget crunching first but WOW it's a deal hard to pass up! especially with all the extras

I mean....no, it's overpriced and ugly
            Thanks!

Comment

5'7" average?

I must be living in a dream world, I thought I was average at 5'4"!!!

No wonder I thought a #3 flap was long!

Comment

"I must be living in a dream world, I thought I was average at 5'4"!!!"

I've been fooling myself, too - I thought 5'7" was tall

Comment

• Original Poster

To buy or not to buy I need a new saddle so bad, but it's a ton of money to spend. What to do what to do!!

Comment

How about decoding another one?

SC 3 N 17.5 L 05 1514

I'm looking for the tree size... "N" means narrow perhaps?
                    --
                    Wendy
                    ... and Patrick

Comment

• Original Poster

I think N refers to the flap position. I believe it's a normal flap

Comment

Originally posted by wsmoak View Post

SC 3 N 17.5 L 05 1514

SC = Semi-Deep
                        3 = Flap Length (a bit longer than standard, IIRC)
                        N = Normal Flap, not too forward
                        17.5 = seat size
                        L = twist, I thought this was "normal" but per above is wide??
                        05 = year of manufacture
                        1514 = saddle number made that year

Comment

The L actually refers to the seat width, they are either 24, 26, or 28 and L means 26 seat width. At least that is what the rep explained to me last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wsmoak View Post

SC 3 N 17.5 L 05 1514

Hi, I was looking at this exact same saddle, did you buy it and if no why not? Thanks!!

Comment

If the info starts out SC2 3AA I can decode

SC = semi deep seat

AA - very forward flap

Does the 3 with the AA mean it's a long flap?

What does the 2 with the SC mean?

Thanks!
                              --
                              Wendy
                              ... and Patrick

Comment

they really ought to post something on there website like a guide to decoding there serial numbers! lol!!!

farm house has a used 16" reg tree short flap on there consignment page for 2500 if anyones in the market, i saw it last night on the web.. looks like its in great shape too.

http://www.farmhousetack.com/servlet...le-Used/Detail

Comment

http://www.farmhousetack.com/servlet...le-Used/Detail

I am in the market for that size but it says 3400 when I click it.. I'd much rather pay 2500
                                  The ultimate horse mom

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeeB110

Comment

my bad ! wrong link!
                                    http://www.farmhousetack.com/servlet...alf-ODE/Detail

lol!! sorry!! heres the 2500$ one. 864-457-3557 is the number if you want to take it out on trial! =)

Comment

Saw this thread when it started and thought I had figured these serial numbers out but...

DD rode in one last night that had this number:

4AABL175

So I think it is a17.5" saddle with a 4 (long) flap, very forward flap (AA), an wider (L) seat

So my question is, what is the B for - flap position or seat size or something else???

Comment

Thought I'd bump this up again...

What's the difference between an M10 saddle and M20? What about the ones with no 'M' stamped.

Is this the tree?

Whoops! The answer was already here. Never mind!
                                        Faibel Farms Custom Fly Bonnets
                                        Like us on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                        X