• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

who makes hair bows for SS kids??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • who makes hair bows for SS kids??

    I am looking for some of the BIG bows you see on the ends of the kids braids at the horse shows does anyone know where to order them from??
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

  • #2
    this is a great website
    http://www.pictureperfecthairbows.com/party_bows.htm

    i personally like to keep them a little bit smaller than most people, but i am a conservative nellie who also advocates women not to wear anything more than a watch and simple post earrings.....and NO bling.

    Comment

    • Original Poster

      #3
      Originally posted by fair judy View Post
      this is a great website
      http://www.pictureperfecthairbows.com/party_bows.htm

      i personally like to keep them a little bit smaller than most people, but i am a conservative nellie who also advocates women not to wear anything more than a watch and simple post earrings.....and NO bling.
      cool thanks!!!! they are neat,
      Kim
      If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

      Comment


      • #4
        cute but.....

        I personally love the big bows with "tails".

        For my daughter who LOVES big bows I buy 3 ribbons. 2 medium and 1 wider. I then attach them to a braiding band and knot on so that once formed they can be reused without having to re-do completely. I then 'bow each ribbon inter linking them so that they fit together nicely...we get alot of compliments on the ribbon and after the first show this season alot of copying. They do push the envelope on conservative for size, but because she is otherwise outfitted conservatively and the colors are in keeping with her clothes it works beautifully.

        The dress up portion for the girls is one of th most fun parts of showing for now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rfastracehorse View Post
          I personally love the big bows with "tails".

          For my daughter who LOVES big bows I buy 3 ribbons. 2 medium and 1 wider. I then attach them to a braiding band and knot on so that once formed they can be reused without having to re-do completely. I then 'bow each ribbon inter linking them so that they fit together nicely...we get alot of compliments on the ribbon and after the first show this season alot of copying. They do push the envelope on conservative for size, but because she is otherwise outfitted conservatively and the colors are in keeping with her clothes it works beautifully.

          The dress up portion for the girls is one of th most fun parts of showing for now.
          Would you post some pictures? My daughter is two this month. Can't WAIT to start showing ponies. She just learned to say "horse" and that horses say "neigh".

          Comment


          • #6
            I do not want to be a kill joy here, but feel this should be mentioned. I like the bows too. What I do NOT like is when fashion becomes more important than the horse show and the child's bows obstruct the number for the judge. I have gotten to the point that in a big class if a childs # is obstructed I just assume they don't care if I can see it. This can easily result in no ribbon if entries warrant. Remember that it is not the judges job to search to find you, it is your job as an exhibitor ( no matter how young or how back yard a show) to display your number and your self or pony. Now you can all say I am very mean and crotchety and the little children are just having fun. I assure you that any comment to the contrary will not change my officiating opinion.
            www.midatlanticeq.com
            Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
            November 11-13, 2016

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hellerkm View Post
              I am looking for some of the BIG bows you see on the ends of the kids braids at the horse shows does anyone know where to order them from??
              I make bows for all of my little students and love it. I just think bows are awesome, as long as they don't cover numbers! ;-) I don't do it "professionally" or anything, but have sold a few at shows and things and I think I make them pretty well.
              Here is a picture of some I did for my last Devon leadliner. http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20693...53076870zvYEFX
              I could do pretty much anything you'd like. I put them on rubber bands so they are reusable. Let me know if you're interested.
              ...for there are wings on these hooves, the speed and power of foam-capped waves...
              *~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*
              Proud member of the artists clique

              Comment

              • Original Poster

                #8
                Originally posted by chunky munky View Post
                I do not want to be a kill joy here, but feel this should be mentioned. I like the bows too. What I do NOT like is when fashion becomes more important than the horse show and the child's bows obstruct the number for the judge. I have gotten to the point that in a big class if a childs # is obstructed I just assume they don't care if I can see it. This can easily result in no ribbon if entries warrant. Remember that it is not the judges job to search to find you, it is your job as an exhibitor ( no matter how young or how back yard a show) to display your number and your self or pony. Now you can all say I am very mean and crotchety and the little children are just having fun. I assure you that any comment to the contrary will not change my officiating opinion.
                I will be SURE to remember this point!! I bet it does get very annoying!!!
                Kim
                If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What Chunky Munky said.

                  I usually post the same thing on any thread regarding bows, but this time CM beat me to it. It also includes the hair below the bow. Every judge I've ever talked to has had the same opinion.

                  Basically if I can't SEE the number, I can't USE the number.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Get yer big bows

                    But then don't be hatin' on the western pleasure bling. You are edging toward it. You know you want it.

                    Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

                    "Hi, I'm mvp and I'm an old h/j bling hound...."

                    You can do it.
                    The armchair saddler
                    Politically Pro-Cat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very cute bows, but OMG! Those are HUGE! I had no idea that the bows were starting to get as big as the helmet!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SaddleFitterVA View Post
                        Very cute bows, but OMG! Those are HUGE! I had no idea that the bows were starting to get as big as the helmet!
                        Hahaha! True! I have seen some that are even bigger than mine! I can make them smaller too, but those green bows were for Devon in particular (i think the kid only ever did 2 other shows!), and we all know the Devon leadliners *do* nothing but sit there and pose pretty!

                        But heck, we got a 4th that year, so I'm NOT complaining!
                        ...for there are wings on these hooves, the speed and power of foam-capped waves...
                        *~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*~v~*
                        Proud member of the artists clique

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Big bows look so cute on the little girls hopping over jumps on the ponies at the show. I agree that you need to be careful not to conceal the number - but as long as their hair is not much past their shoulders, this shouldn't be an issue.
                          My blog: Journeys in Riding

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hellerkm View Post
                            I am looking for some of the BIG bows you see on the ends of the kids braids at the horse shows does anyone know where to order them from??
                            My friend and I make tasteful appropriate sized bows for our daughters and have sold a few to a number of people. Send me a pm if you are interested.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I guess I am just an old fogey, but I hate the trend toward the huge bows.
                              Auventera Two:Some women would eat their own offspring if they had some dipping sauce.
                              Serious Leigh: it sounds like her drama llama should be an old schoolmaster by now.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                The Custom Fox has someone making them for them and they sell them the cheapest I've seen. My small pony kid bought a few from them in KY. They are somewhere in MI and I don't know if they have a website but they are super helpful if you call them.. Ah hah! Found a receipt- they are in Lambertville, MI and the number is 734-854-1111. I wann say they were $20. Totally worth the money to save the hassle with how pretty they are.
                                Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
                                www.saradanielhaynes.com

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  You can make them yourself very easily and cheaply.

                                  I buy the metal clip kind of barrette that hold a lot of hair. They sell them at Michaels or you can pick up some at the dollar store and tear whatever they have attached to them off. I buy three types of ribbon, one plaid to match the jacket, one sheer and one solid and then just tie a perfect bow and glue it on to the metal bow using Fabric Tac glue. They are perfectly tied and stay flat against the kids back that way.

                                  I've also found some adorable ones at the dollar stores on occasion.

                                  Comment

                                  • Original Poster

                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by llsc View Post
                                    You can make them yourself very easily and cheaply.

                                    I buy the metal clip kind of barrette that hold a lot of hair. They sell them at Michaels or you can pick up some at the dollar store and tear whatever they have attached to them off. I buy three types of ribbon, one plaid to match the jacket, one sheer and one solid and then just tie a perfect bow and glue it on to the metal bow using Fabric Tac glue. They are perfectly tied and stay flat against the kids back that way.

                                    I've also found some adorable ones at the dollar stores on occasion.
                                    I am pretty crafty, and can sew, knit, crochet ect, I really should just try to make them!! I my spare time LOL!!! but really I will try!
                                    Kim
                                    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by RumoursFollow View Post
                                      The Custom Fox has someone making them for them and they sell them the cheapest I've seen. My small pony kid bought a few from them in KY. They are somewhere in MI and I don't know if they have a website but they are super helpful if you call them.. Ah hah! Found a receipt- they are in Lambertville, MI and the number is 734-854-1111. I wann say they were $20. Totally worth the money to save the hassle with how pretty they are.
                                      The website is http://www.customfox.com/.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Bevals has some nice ones.
                                        http://www.beval.com/Products/Girls-...s/6302003.aspx
                                        www.justworldinternational.org

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X