• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Anyone else have a perfect horse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have a perfect horse?

I'm sorry but I just realized today that my horse is truly perfect! Here's why & I know there must be others out there!

1) He's won numerous year end awards, done Devon and still jumps 3' at age 21 with ease
    2) He trail rides on a buckle alone or with a group
    3) He's a total gentleman in every sense - gets along with everyone in his field & has complete barn manners
    4) Clips, bathes, stands for the dentist, farrier, vet - without a flinch
    5) Self loads on a trailer - no, I mean it - he really does! If he could do the ties he would
    6) He's an easy keeper - maintains his weight with very little grain & good pasture - even in winter
    7) He's neat - his stall is easy to clean!
    8) He's gorgeous! He's a TB/QHX and has the best of both plus really expressive eyes
    9) He just has a really sweet personally and is just a love

I guess I always knew these things about him, but when you put them all down on paper, it amazing! So, how about yours?
    "A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by a majority." Rick Warren

Younger brother?

Hey! I didn't know my horse had an older brother!!! LOL!

Seriously, you could be describing my wonderful Woody. It is a privilege to have this incredible horse in my life. I am thankful for him every day.
    "Socrates was a very wise man who went around giving good advice. They poisoned him." Anonymous...

Comment

Oh my mare is perfect and she knows it!! She was my A/O jumper, jumping while injured (I didn't know she was hurt... I know. I know. I've beat myself up for it already), she's given me everything she had and still pinned in the top 3 in every A/O class she went in. She gave me a beautiful spitfire of a baby and we've been together for 8 years. she's now my eq medal horse and it's hilarious because she's so used to the A/Os and the jumpers, we've had to remind her that she has to chill Now she's absolutely wonderful, the quintessential eq horse: easy to ride, sensitive to subtle signals and HUNTS her jumps like a JRT hunts foxes! Anything that goes wrong on course I know is my fault because she just does what you ask, nothing less and she tries to help as much as she can.
      She does have an attitude and a stubborn streak (what can I say, I've owned her since she was 4... we resemble each other!) but for the most part is a completely willing partner.

My gelding is good, but he's not perfect. Which is why I will always take a good mare over a gelding/stallion any day!!!
      Last edited by Parker_Rider; Jun. 27, 2009, 10:05 PM. Reason: can't do math

Comment

my horse is perfect becuase shes there for me when i just want to sit in the corner of her stall and cry .....oh and the fact that she will pack me around a course doesnt hurt either haha
        Dacharia = best mare in the world

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=65951e5185

Comment

My horse is far from perfect as far as those standards go but he's perfect for me! Super super super sweet, though spooky, and really strong, and doesn't trailer/clip/bathe/load well lol. But I know a few of those "perfect" horses, and whileit would be nice to have one, if that's all you ever have, you won't ever learn, so I'm thankful to have a horse that can teach me so much. If I could have two horses, though, i would buy a "perfect" horse as my second one!

Comment

anyone else feel like their horse is perfect because their horse is definitely not perfect? i love my pony <3 even though he likes to throw small children into walls and he threw a full grown kid into the woods and ran all the way home on a trail ride once.

oh, but he's 14 hands and clears 3'6" like it's nothing, and i'd swear he's got rockets built into his hind feet. and he is such a serious ham and amaaaaazingly cute and fun and silly. he's got character, i'd say. oh, and we do quite well at shows, i guess that helps too.

my big perfect stinker of a pony:
            http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...63945_3229.jpg
            (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Comment

Your old guy sounds a lot like my old guy. He's 20, went to his first horse show in two or three years and rocked it today in the schooling jumper 2'9". (We went for fun, and boy did he) Spent his time lazing around the warmup arena but when the buzzer sounded...off we went! He jumps like a freak, always has, always will, but he's super careful, can turn like a reiner and is hella fast on course, but he has brakes too. And then you finish, drop the reins and his ears flop, pokes his nose out and he lazes some more, lol.

he also loads like a dream, nickers every time he hears my voice and still has enough spark to be fun. We trail ride, play on cross country courses, I've even worked cows with him. He's a TB ex-racer. My friend asked me the other day if I could choose any horse in the world, who would I pick? Him, every time, in a heartbeat, no question. He's not perfect, but he's perfect for me.
              You know, if you took this jello, put it in a mold and froze it, you could be like look....an emerald. Dude, I'd kick some guys ass he ever tried to give me a jello ring.

Comment

My horse can be quite opinionated at times. Mostly because if he gets a walk break, he thinks that means he's done! He's also kind of stubborn. But as long as I learn to stay out of his way he'll jump anything (do you know how hard it is to just sit and be patient?! ) He's not very affectionate but he puts up with me smothering him in kisses, which means the world to me. We've had our ups and downs (like today I made him work too hard without giving him a break and I feel terrible about it ) But he's pretty forgiving and has taught me so much!

My other guy, the OTTB, is bombproof. We've had him 8 years and he's spooked once and it wasn't even a "real" spook. He's pretty much retired other than when my mom takes him down trails. He's neurotic and hates loud noises if he's in his stall (put him in the arena where the noise is even louder and he's fine ) But I learned a bunch from him too and he was my first horse so he'll always have a special place in my heart (the other guy has a special too of course!)
                No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
                For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
                www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWitch View Post
                  I'm sorry but I just realized today that my horse is truly perfect! Here's why & I know there must be others out there!

1) He's won numerous year end awards, done Devon and still jumps 3' at age 21 with ease
                  3) He's a total gentleman in every sense - gets along with everyone in his field & has complete barn manners
                  5) Self loads on a trailer - no, I mean it - he really does! If he could do the ties he would
                  6) He's an easy keeper - maintains his weight with very little grain & good pasture - even in winter
                  8) He's gorgeous! He's a TB/QHX and has the best of both plus really expressive eyes

I guess I always knew these things about him, but when you put them all down on paper, it amazing! So, how about yours?
                  Lucky YOu!! make sure you feed him lots of treats and give tons of hugs these are rare and hard to come by ENJOY!!
                  I have had the pleasure of owning two mares who in my opinion were perfect for me, and I miss them both every day!
                  Kim
                  If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Comment

I'll join the club! Mine always brings home a tricolor and is like a puppy dog on the ground. A little opinionated under saddle, but it makes her a very careful jumper.
                    Man plans. God laughs.

Comment

Mine is just wonderful and he has a sense of humor. I would take him again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Perfect

My tb/old cross is just three and everytime I ride him I can not believe his temperment. He is remarkably beautiful, gentle, huge, balanced....and so smooth.....I WILL be able to sit HIS trot, unlike his Consul sister!!! He shows great power and scope free schooling. I love reading other's experiences with this phenomenon.....a horse so wonderful that he serves as an example of what I aspire to be!!!
                        "Over the Hill?? What Hill, Where?? I don't remember any hill!!!" Favorite Tee Shirt

Comment

My boy is perfect and it sure is nice to finally have one after decades of struggles!!! I've had him for just over a year and we had to overcome some prior (minor) training and personality issues, but he's blossomed into the ideal horse.

He is kind, talented, does what I ask at the level I ask, clips, loads, bathes, does all his shoeing and vetting without a holder and is just the sweetest thing.

We won our first class together yesterday! We've come close several times with seconds/reserves, but we finally nabbed a blue. The photographer's pictures showed him grinning as much as I was...

Comment

Yup. Whenever we go schooling/showing/trail riding, etc. and everyone is crying because they had a bad ride/fell off/horse being a brat, I'm the one sitting there on my horse crying because **hiccup** MY **sniffle** Horse **sob** Is Soooo **sigh** PERFECT :-)

Comment

Yep, in fact, I have a whole thread bragging about how perfect he is farther down.
                              My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
                              http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Comment

Sure, my horse is perfect at times...perfectly ornery, that is. Good thing I love her anyway!

Comment

• Original Poster

Let me clarify..

he is perfect for ME!! His previous owner he HATED and came to me with a reputation for being a dirty stopper, mean, obnoxious PITA. While some of the "tude" has never gone away (which is one of his perfect qualities) he has taught me so much, and I have loved every minute of being with him.

He takes care of me - sees spots when I don't (or still listens when I don't but make him wait anyway ) and gets changes when I forget. He lets me cry when I need to and listens to me without telling me to get over it - even though I should!
                                  "A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by a majority." Rick Warren

Comment

my horse is the best!!!

-he saves my behind in every crappy fence i take (thats wi ivenever broken a bone)
                                    -he has the best stable manners, he gets along with every horse and rider
                                    -when you do fall off, he just stands next to yuo and nudges you like, "why aer you on the ground and not on me??"
                                    -has shown up to 3'9- with me? lord no, 2'6-3'0
                                    -he goes with the flow
                                    -has been to shows and won every class- at AA shows!!
                                    -has won numerous year end awards, and has gotten champ r reserve at every show that i take him to!
                                    -hes a sweetie- he would never hurt u (a fly? maybe
                                    -hes perfect- just the one for me!

im glad tha we are taking the time to appreciate our greta horses

Comment

my mare does all of that and more shes 18 and has won every class i have put her in
                                      she competes in mixed events

Comment

Your guy sounds so much like mine!! Mine is only 16 but still jumps 4'3 but can turn around and pack a beginner around a 2'3 course (did it last weekend at a show and won both classes )

Also substitute TB/QH for Selle Francais and you've described my horse!!

He is definitely my once in a lifetime guy. I've had him for 9 years now and the lord willing, he'll die with me.
                                        Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
                                        My equine soulmate
                                        Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

Comment

Working...
                                        X