• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Funny things your trainers say....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny things your trainers say....

Some of my favorite trainer sayings:

"Stop running like a wild banshi out of Hell."
    - Wendy Carter
    (usually when I run to the chip)

"Get my hat and chaps."
    -Wendy Carter
    (right after the banshi out of hell thing)

"Were you counting?"
    -Misti Cassar
    (When I add in a line)

"I'm not sure it looks like 3'6"."
    -Debbie Olsen
    (Her awnser to how high the jump is when it is really like 4'6")

"You look like you are starting a lawn mower."
    -Mike Henaghann
    (When my hands get busy.)

More to come...
    http://community.webshots.com/user/alexxx1008
  • Original Poster

Some of my favorite trainer sayings:

"Stop running like a wild banshi out of Hell."
    - Wendy Carter
    (usually when I run to the chip)

"Get my hat and chaps."
    -Wendy Carter
    (right after the banshi out of hell thing)

"Were you counting?"
    -Misti Cassar
    (When I add in a line)

"I'm not sure it looks like 3'6"."
    -Debbie Olsen
    (Her awnser to how high the jump is when it is really like 4'6")

"You look like you are starting a lawn mower."
    -Mike Henaghann
    (When my hands get busy.)

More to come...

Comment

How about:

"Okay, now do that again so I know it wasn't just a mistake." (said when I finally do something right!)
      [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

"This is not a vacation, it's a quest: a quest for fun."
      \"It is good to be fine.\"

Comment

*"Thats the canter you picked so STAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY RIGHT THERE, STAAAAAAAY RIGHT THERE" (I swear, this phrase goes through my mind no matter what I am doing, driving, running, everything, lol)

*'Did you forget to count?'

'Course, my two 'favs' came from the same lesson (lesson from h*ll)...

*'Do you feel the difference?' (I said no, stupid me)- 'Only an idiot wouldn't feel the difference!!!'

*'Of course she isn't going to get it right, you've screwed her up so many times before!'

*Belen*
        Proud Stalker of Reiners, Cutters, any hot cowboy with a cute horse [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
        Proud Member (Cult-like follower?) of the AQHA Clique.
        If riding were all bright lights, big arenas and blue ribbons, I would have quit a long time ago." -George Morris

Comment

• Original Poster

Hahahaha that is so funny, I have heard EVERY SINGE ONE OF THOSE PHRASES soooo many times! I always get the

"Thats the canter you picked so STAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY RIGHT THERE, STAAAAAAAY RIGHT THERE"

and

"Okay, now do that again so I know it wasn't just a mistake."

Comment

(When I kept breaking from canter to trot on my tank Hanoverian on small circle) "Ok, so you pressed the 'Whoa G'Dammit' button when you wanted the 'Whoa' button....Don't press the 'Whoa G'dammit!!

(When my chicken horse started galloping courses for once instead of stopping) "His name's Dragoon, isn't it?? Then DRAG-ON, Baby!! ."

(after a particularly difficult jumping lesson)
            Gretchen: Where's your crop?
            Me: In the barn...
            Gretchen: Well that's a helpful place for it. Is it keeping the cross ties from misbehaving?

When I innocently ask for a break on anything, she innocently replies: "Why, you're not dead yet."

"Ok, let's try that again and jump the jump this time..."

"Try that again......Try that again....Try that again.....OK, enough trying, DO that again."

"Ok, so what did we learn from this pleasant experience??"

(after chipping a fence) "How'd those flowers taste?"

(Me doing my hour lesson without stirrups) "Keep going, you're doing great. I'll let you know if you're dying."

Other Trainer Quotes:
            (to a group of beginner girls) "Your two point is just like peeing in the woods...unless your a guy, then it's totally different. But none of you girls are guys...I think..."

"Do you pee in the woods like that!? You must not be a hiker..."

"Good horse. Bad rider."

- "Don't look at your horse....I'll tell you if you fall off."
            - "The base of the jump is your friend and the way you ride you can never have enough friends."
            \"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self esteem, they provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope.\"
            - T. Robinson

Comment

How about this one:

"Thank you for finally riding your horse"

****^-^****
              Don't ask me, I'm just the mom!

~Proud member of the Thoroughbred Clique~

If Dressage is Symphony, and Eventing is Rock 'n Roll, then Hunters must be R & B

Comment

"I see you've negotiated the 'I stay out of your way, you stay out of mine' treaty." - my instructor at school last semester, as I was riding a horse around on the buckle to keep him from fussing at my hands

"I really like this new and improved Ellen. She even smiles on course!" - my trainer this weekend

And my trainer's new favorite word is "sweet." So this weekend at the show, she kept telling her riders that they had "sweet little courses". It was pretty amusing.

"$3000 for a saddle? Who do you know that has a $3000 ass?"
                http://www.geocities.com/dunnbypicasso/

Comment

Andrea! Does your crotch itch or something!(my reins were too long)

When your not teaching your unteaching.(everytime I took a break)

I am the trainer, you are the student....SO LISTEN TO ME.(I was trying haha)

there are more...I will post them when I think of them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

**~~Andrea and Dreamer~~**
                  "Where will judging and showing go from here?--not likely to anything radically new. Horses will be horses, and riders will be riders, and good sound basics will prevail. We'll always have to be on guard against the trendy, the mannered, and the exaggerated. After all, only the horse will really know. And he'll always tell us...if we were born to listen." - George Morris (Judging Hunters And Hunter Seat Eq)
                  Drea

Comment

My favorite trainer quote came while I was in college.... I was riding my mare in a private lesson (jumper) with the then director. Well, April (God love her) was not the bravest of girls with the longest of steps, and he had me doing a cavaletti to bounce to two stride gymnastic combination... The out on the bounce was 3'6" and the out oxer on the two stride was 4'6" I come off the corner, hit the cavaletti at a nice trot and he yells - this is the direct quote:

"RUN LIKE THE INDIANS ARE CHASING YOU"

I ran, laughing my a** off, too amused to think of being scared.... (I am a big chicken) It was the single best jump (that big old oxer out) I ever had!! Talk about hang time! I felt like I was up there forever!!

My reality check bounced.

The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.
                    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Years ago with one of my old trainers:

"Stop chasing after the fences, they are not going to grow feet and run away."

"By the time you've figured out how to make ends meet, they move the ends"
                      My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

Comment

in the schooling ring to "guard your oxers and shield your verticals..."

WHAT THE HE** does that mean? My Mom and I just looked at each other like huh? I asked Mom what that meant and she looked at me and said I have NO idea!! It was HILARIOUS!!

mizzwade
                        mizzwade

Comment

Here are some of my favorites:

Well, you were serving drinks on that trip (cause I darn sure was not the pilot)

Would you like a sandwich and a drink with all those chips?

How was East Texas (when I leave from a very long distance)

There are more later...

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"
                          Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

Comment

When not sitting up straight -

When in doubt- TUMMY OUT!

My variation of the STAAAAAAAAY there -

That's ALLLLLLLLL you need, no more CANNNNNNNTTER!

When I'm looking down-

Do you like arena sand or something, because you seem to be seriously attracted to it!

-or-

My, the view must be wonderful today down there!

When you're going too fast-

You're not cantering a course, you're gallopping off into the sunset!

I have a lot more but I can't think of them so..... that's it

*~*~Lauryn*~*~*~

<3 Justice Served <3
                            <3 Nip N Tuck <3

"Riding is sort of like Nuts and Bolts- If the rider's nuts, then the horse bolts."

Did You Hug Your Horse Today?

http://www.geocities.com/mysteryhunteronline <---- GO THERE!

Comment

"TUCK THAT BUTT IN!" (my butt tends to stick out like a getto butt cause of my slight curve in my back.

"SHOULDERS BACK!!!!!"

"LEG, LEG, LEG!!!! )(when I'm on a slow horse)

"WOAH, WOAH, SIT TROT TO THE FENCE!"(when I'm on a hot horse)

"Get my hat and chaps!" When hot horsey is being a jerk.

"MAKE HIM JUMP THAT FENCE!!!" When bad horsey stops in front if it.

I love my trainer. She taught me not to be scared of stoppers and naughty horses.

http://www.dmtc.com/dmtc98/Pedigree/
                              I'm a Microbiologist!
                              "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

Comment

My all time fav is, "Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there." I want to make a t-shirt....

I love the idea of the diff between "Whoa" and "Whoa, g'dammit".

The one I get the most now is "Be patient". It's kinda a combo of the 2 (tho for me it's the diff between "go" and "go g'dammit" - and that's on a really forward horse!

Comment

When a horse is being silly or cute, according to my trainer he is a "Giant Snufflupagus" (sp?)

When you forget to do something, you are having an "out of brain" experience.

~<>~ Daedalus built the Labyrinthe, so winding and complicated a structure that no man or beast, once shut inside, could ever find the exit~<>~

Comment

My trainer used to say when I was riding a huge, slow, luggy horse:
                                    "See if you can make him feel like less than 1500lbs of $hit in a wet sack..."

I never could do it. That horse was impossible.

Founder of the mighty Thoroughbred Clique!

Resident racing historian
                                    F O.B
                                    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
                                    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Comment

My personal fav:

"Was last night margarita night again? Because you're riding like it was!" (guilty [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] )

Oh - and:

"are you trying to hitch a ride with those thumbs?"

Comment

My trainer one said to a few of her advanced students after lots of poor riding one lesson, Don't make me watch this!!!!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Comment

Working...
                                        X