• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

need help finding contact info Forest Grove Stable (VA) that's opening farm in SC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help finding contact info Forest Grove Stable (VA) that's opening farm in SC

I have been hearing through the local horse grapevine that there is supposed to be a very nice new H/J farm in my area of South Carolina - in the middle of nowhere and about an hour and a half from Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA and Hilton Head, SC but can't seem to find out the name of the barn or location. The word is the owner Kim (not sure this is right) is opening another branch of a farm in Virginia named Forest Grove. I found a website link for a Forrest Grove Stable in VA but it isn't active. Does anyone know anything about a nice new hunter barn opening in Hampton or Allendale Counties in SC or contact information? This is such a rural area it would be great to have a super nice farm opening here!! Thanks!

I saw last weekend where it is opening in Estill? Is that the farm?
    Check out the Sat. or Sun. Savannah paper, I think that it where I saw it, in www.savannahnow.com.
    There's an older barn on 278 near Grays. But it's not as big and has been there a while. I wish somene would buy my 52 acres between Grays and Early Branch and open a barn there.

Comment

Are you talking about Hampton Pines, the new barn in Estill? There is an open house on April 10.
      The website is www.hamptonequestrian.com
      Confessions of a Cool Kid! <--- check out my blog (:
      My Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by kaazs View Post
        Are you talking about Hampton Pines, the new barn in Estill? There is an open house on April 10.
        The website is www.hamptonequestrian.com
        Oops, you are right! Sorry. Bad with names.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
          Oops, you are right! Sorry. Bad with names.
          No Problem
          Confessions of a Cool Kid! <--- check out my blog (:
          My Youtube

Comment

Yup, nice barn in the middle of nowhere...it has tried and failed about 3 times to become something. I hope it works this time!
            "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
            carolprudm

Comment

It's a nice facility but it's out in the middle of nowhere. I looked to board my horse there a few years back but it was a good hour from my house on Hilton Head and just not worth the drive.
              Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
              My equine soulmate
              Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks for the information! Does anyone know the new owners? I'm not sure what brings people to Estill, SC from Virginia! What a move!

Comment

All I know about the management is what I saw on horsestablereview.com. If you're seriously interested in the place I'd go check it out. I can't verify or deny anything on the site (as I don't know the people involved) but it makes for an interesting read.
                  Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
                  My equine soulmate
                  Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

Comment

Estill is a scary little town! Are the suburbs os Estill any nicer?

Comment

• Original Poster

I haven't been in this area long, having moved here from the Augusta area when I got married, so I don't claim to be the expert on Estill. I know that there are some very nice homes in Estill, but like most of the surrounding areas it is a very high poverty area.

There are benefits to living out here to be sure - land is not expensive and there is plenty of room to trail ride and the flat land and sandy footing is nice for jumping. Our community is tiny but very, very family and kid oriented! I live in a tiny town and have gotten phone calls from people when one of my horses had a scratch on his nose (and I mean a scratch) or to inquire about what they thought was a bandaged leg (ok, it was really a white sock they hadn't noticed before and saw at a distance, but it is the thought that counts) and someone called my husband at work when they drove by and saw a fence board down. Aiken and Hilton Head aren't a terrible drive....but it is a drive... and there is no Starbucks, no sushi places, and no close tack stores!!

I appreciate the heads up Dani0303. Funny timing... I also got an email today that the new barn has offered to work with our local 4-H children which includes almost all the children in my husband's extended family and our two children. As you said, you never know, but an interesting read....

Comment

Forest grove

Kim's barn here in Nova was only a lesson barn and pretty much just for beginners. Not a whole lot of jumping at all. Instructors were decent but not BNT by any means. Do not get your hopes up for something grand.
                        Proud Mama of a BOY rider

Comment

Go to Bluffton for tack, Lucy Hunter and her mother are great, and they have Low Country Tack Store in Bluffton.

Several horse farms have moved to the Grays/Estill/Early Branch area because it is out of biting sand gnat country and cheaper land, and no flooding with storms like the coastal areas. I hope this barn succeeds and that your family enjoys it.

Comment

barn -- Forest Grove Stables, Leesburg, VA

My daughter had approx. 2 lessons w/ an instructor at Kim Rupp's farm in Leesburg, VA....but then I discontinued, b/c I felt like we were paying an awful lot to clean tack, etc. -- and the mounted lesson ended up being only 20 mins. --- I knew that she was having a feud w/ one of her neighbors at the time, so I am not surprised that they ended up selling and moving.....she has quite a strong personality and I think she just didn't do well here w/ the horse lesson biz.....there are so many around here to choose from......I had a friend who boarded w her, as well, and ended up leaving after a month or two.....I hope her move to SC goes well....but if you are looking for a pro H/J facility I don't think she's it.....

Comment

wrong Kim?

I think we may be talking about the wrong "kim".....the Kim I was talking about from Leesburg, VA did have a small lesson barn, but nothing to the extent that I saw on the website for "Hampton Equestrian.com".....I don't think she was that advanced of a horseperson.....

Comment

Last POST--I promise! No...IT IS THE SAME PERSON

Hi again....just thought I'd let you read some feedback about this new barn in SC....there is a pretty new website out that reviews barns all over the country...all you do is click on your state ...in South Carolina there is only one barn listed so far, and it is this Kim Rupp's.....I am shocked that she'd even have the nerve to pull this off....but read the reviews yourselves.....here is the website:

http://horsestablereviews.com go to the top "Stable REviews" and click on South Carolina...and scroll down.... Hampton Pines has 6 reviews.....you be the judge.

Comment

I taught at Forest Grove for a short time and then parted ways. Everything said on the link posted above is accurate. And on the mellow side.
                                  Proud Mama of a BOY rider

Comment

Forest Grove...

EventChic33...I think I know you! You don't have to devulge your "name", but is your first name something different...I'm thinking a Dutch name or German or something! Anyways.....if it is you, my daughter really liked your teaching, I just wasn't impressed with the "policy" of the barn....since we own our own horses we didn't need to spend the majority of the hour learning to tack up, etc. -- I know this is helpful when it is a child who doesn't have a clue, but I did tell Kim that we already knew all that b/c we own our own horses, etc.

Comment

Forest Grove Stables - Kim Rupp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to be a client of Kimberly Rupp's when she owned/managed Forest Grove Stables. I can't tell you how much anger I feel towards her, because of how she AND her husband treated me and my daughter. [edit] Please beware!
                                      Last edited by Moderator 1; Sep. 14, 2009, 06:28 PM. Reason: accusations

Comment

Rats! I was hoping a good group would establish a good barn in that area so I can sell my 52 acres there to a competitor.

Comment

Working...
                                        X