Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

528KerwinHill-003-HDRInternet
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Hunter/Jumper FAQ -- copy, link, add useful info here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when?

When did the prohibition on them , drops, flashes, figure 8s.come about?? I thought, I had seen them as recently as '96 at an A show in the Midwest

Drop, flash or figure 8 noseband (Thanks, Chef Jade, for pointin
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Comment

Mane Pulling and Thinning on Sensitive Horses

The Lynn Palm Method of pulling a mane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yr0vYytr24

The Nair Method of thinning a mane:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=254471
      I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

Helpful distance chart for horse/pony stride lengths.
        http://www.mdccorporation.us/course/usef_distances.html

Comment

Dealing with fear:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...rove-my-riding
          I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

Extremely useful and informative article on ethics and legality in horse dealing, commissions, and agency:

http://www.equinelegalsolutions.com/...fittaking.html

Comment

Helpful article for those considering their first horse purchase:

http://www.h4horses.net/h4-times.php

Comment

One of a Kind Studio
                Fine Art Paintings, Horses, Dogs, Wildlife and anything else that inspires.

New convert to the cow horse world.. love my QH mare.

Comment

Admin, please delete if not allowed (rather than blocking me).

There is a show jumping distance converter on Google Play.
                  Last edited by ModernShowJumper; Sep. 26, 2014, 01:17 AM. Reason: Trying to delete my website link. Sorry, its not meant to be there in my footer.
                  The Modern Show Jumper x

Comment

Hi - I just did a duplicate post above (duh)... so I thought I'd share some (free) information as follows:

1. What is the Canter Stride, how to walk it
                    2. Types of Jumps and why they are tricky
                    3. Loads of Distance Information - including difference releases

Enjoy!

Admin, please delete post if not OK.
                    Last edited by ModernShowJumper; Sep. 26, 2014, 01:27 AM. Reason: It was a duplicate post
                    The Modern Show Jumper x

Comment

Is there any way you could make a video displaying this method? Very intriguing !

Comment

Great idea...

Comment

Not sure why running martingales are listed as unconventional in a hunter class. As of December 1, 2015 either standing or running martingales may be used in any hunter class per HU 124.1
                          A couple of judges have tried to disqualify people using running martingales at some local vhsa shows. Got a real kick out of it when they called 2 big R rated judges to confirm they were illegal. R judges agreed they had no knowlege of them being legal. Internet service comes up and Voila' rules state either can be used in any hunter class. Seems like a lot of folks including lots of judges, stewards, trainers don't know this.
                          There are no stupid horses....just stupid people

Comment

In looking at date on post in 2009 yes, running martingales were unconventional in hunter classes. 2015 both are accepted. I do believe a lot of people are still not aware of these rulings. While waiting for a USEF talent class one very nice jr. rider politely told my student and I she was concerned about us using a running martingale and getting eliminated.

She would have been eliminated had she not taken her standingmartingale off. WIHS jumper eq epecifies running as well.
                            There are no stupid horses....just stupid people

Comment

I have a show shirt that has buttons on the collar area that are round opal like buttons. Is this legal in the hunter ring?
                              Attached Files

Comment

That's really cognitive information to know about such a indomitable and concrete stuffs. I stolidly respect that effort and hope to keep the good work as same as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X