• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Monopony: Pony Market 2013

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skydy View Post
    Mod 3, I won't argue but.. JMHO, what you see as "inflammatory attacks" by some posters, are actually understandable and reasonable responses to the OP.
    Given OP's history, I'd be inclined to agree. I'm guessing that some might find her post the message board equivalent of swimming in kerosene then lighting a cigarette...
    Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique

Comment

Mod 3, I think most people would be fine with it being locked if the OP (who IS the topic) were finally banned so her crazy accusatory assaults on the USEF (when she should be at home thanking her lucky stars she wasn't banned for life--sheesh, Tonya Harding should have gone into horse showing, she got banned from skating for a lot less) won't keep cropping up again.
      Author Page
      Like Omens In the Night on Facebook
      Steampunk Sweethearts

Comment

Originally posted by danceronice View Post
        Mod 3, I think most people would be fine with it being locked if the OP (who IS the topic) were finally banned so her crazy accusatory assaults on the USEF (when she should be at home thanking her lucky stars she wasn't banned for life--sheesh, Tonya Harding should have gone into horse showing, she got banned from skating for a lot less) won't keep cropping up again.
        Yes!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/supershorty628
        Proudly blogging for The Chronicle of the Horse!

Comment

Mod 3 is probably getting scads of lawsuit threatening PMs from the OP. Lord knows that woman loves to pretend importance through litigation.

FWIW, the OP has admitted to killing the pony. Put him to sleep by accident IIRC. OP has also admitted everything people are quoting back to her, has posted it ad nauseum online and mostly on here.
          Repeating her ignorance and stupidity back to her and then opining that it's stupid and ignorant is a lot less inflamatory than, well, anything she posts.

But totally understand if the thread gets closed due to constant harassment of the Mod by the OP. Heaven knows the OP is unable to clean up her own messes without help.
          You jump in the saddle,
          Hold onto the bridle!
          Jump in the line!
          ...Belefonte

Comment

Originally posted by MistyBlue View Post
            Mod 3 is probably getting scads of lawsuit threatening PMs from the OP. Lord knows that woman loves to pretend importance through litigation.

FWIW, the OP has admitted to killing the pony. Put him to sleep by accident IIRC. OP has also admitted everything people are quoting back to her, has posted it ad nauseum online and mostly on here.
            Repeating her ignorance and stupidity back to her and then opining that it's stupid and ignorant is a lot less inflamatory than, well, anything she posts.

But totally understand if the thread gets closed due to constant harassment of the Mod by the OP. Heaven knows the OP is unable to clean up her own messes without help.
            Mods can't be sued for banning a poster. I don't think COTH is worried about that.
            That said, I am surprised that EM is still allowed to participate since she has accused SO many people of doing SO many bad things and has used this forum to do so.

Apparently she hasn't done enough to be banned. I think COTH has the cojones to ban someone whenever they choose to, without worrying about a lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by amberhill View Post
              It was a sad situation for all involved but mostly for my daughter and I who had raised Humble and adored the ground he walked on....Our ponies/horses are like our babies and we go above and beyond for them.

As a mother, it is my job to protect all of my children and insulate them from harm and I will continue to do so. I have been known to move mountains when I put my mind to it and will continue to fight for what I believe in.

I haven't really heard ALL of the details since I don't show at big shows like this... but didn't you kill your own pony?

Seriously, for someone who really loves your daughter and your ponies, you'd think you wouldn't be drugging it to death and trying to sue other people for your poor choices... because guess what? No matter what crap you try to spin on everyone else, it's YOUR reputation, and by proxy, your poor daughter's. You certainly aren't doing anything good for her riding career.

Perhaps you should *move mountains*, then go climb up in them and never return.

Comment

I was thinking that we could have a drinking game everytime there was a "in my opinion" in the article. I didn't read the whole thing, but scanning it I saw quite a few of those.

These seem to be the clearest, more correctly written thoughts I've seen written by her....but still doesn't change the past.....

Comment

Originally posted by amberhill View Post
                  Finally, some sanity and yes... Emma can hold her own and I will be right there by her side. I have not sold my daughter out to a BNT and WILL NOT though many have tried.. I can hold my own also. We beat to our own drum and will continue to do so.

The judges see her ride all day long, help other pony kids and have judged her since she was six years old... they have seen us come up the ranks and our record speaks for itself. We are a winning team and not because we bring home the blue... because we do it together and enjoy doing it together, whether we win or lose. We love training green animals and figuring them out. Emma has NEVER had a made pony without a hole we had to fix and we have made many many successful (not "winners" but successful because they love their jobs) and will continue to do so.

As to all the haters... we are living well, doing what we love and that is the best revenge.
                  Then WHY are you here complaining, again?

Comment

Originally posted by MyssMyst View Post
                    This post makes me want to ask if there's a monopoly on the good anti-psychotics...
                    Or maybe even a monopony.
                    A helmet saved my life.

2017 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Comment

Look in the mirror and you may just see the biggest problem with "your" pony market. In my opinion just because you can create excel charts and send a barrage of skewed market propaganda does not make what you say true.

In the last six months alone we bought two division ponies with the help of our trusted long time trainer. The truth is that we have skipped right past all of your ponies as possible options. These are ponies that if listed with a different barn or agent might well be considered but the thought of working a deal together just puts me off.

Luckily, in my opinion at least, it seems that you have a healthy financial cushion and are in position to carry the cost of all these animals for some time

Comment

Not selling many ponies Ms. Mandarino? Don't blame anyone but yourself.

Comment

Mod 3 has it right: The topic is the OP's opinion, the content of what she has said here, not the OP as her reputation stands now.

Many of the complaints in that first post have been made by COTHers and others with less infamous reputations. It is possible for Mandarino to be in the moral minority in some respects and not others.

I "get" that she'll be vilified early and often here. But COTH is right to not wish to go out of its way to support that.
                          The armchair saddler
                          Politically Pro-Cat

Comment

I'm simply SHOCKED that the USEF doesn't have a red phone on the desk just for you to communicate with them. After all, you have been nothing but a patient, kind, honest, upstanding, helpful, caring, rational, supportive, quiet and calm member of their organization.

I swear at this point they are only refraining from revoking your membership so they can keep a close eye on your disastrous antics. I can't imagine any other reason they haven't kicked you to the curb. I sincerely feel bad for your daughter at this point, being saddled with you as her role model.

No amount of nonsensical rambling articles of self promotional will make anyone here forget you killed your pony. And then had the nerve to collect insurance money for it.

And it is a seriously screwy world when people like you are the ones who get it all and can play in the big sandbox while kids like mine who are equally as talented as yours not only have to watch a parent slowly suffer and possibly die but also lose what they love to do in the process. There is no justice. I usually don't let it twist me up because there is no peace in that, but lady you push the couple buttons I have left.

Now let me see.....where did I leave my bag of sympathy for your difficult time getting ponies leased and sold, and your troubles losing clients to real trainers? I know it was here somewhere.....
                            My YouTube Channel
                            Indiegogo Campaign
                            www.xtranormal.com - horseyninjawarrior

Comment

Originally posted by mvp View Post
                              Mod 3 has it right: The topic is the OP's opinion, the content of what she has said here, not the OP as her reputation stands now.

Many of the complaints in that first post have been made by COTHers and others with less infamous reputations. It is possible for Mandarino to be in the moral minority in some respects and not others.

I "get" that she'll be vilified early and often here. But COTH is right to not wish to go out of its way to support that.
                              The OP complained that USEF "slaps the wrists" of pony trainers and does not suspend them for long enough.

I think the irony of that statement is certainly worthy of comment, as is the complaint about the market for ponies. I think the OP's pony sales may be down a bit, I also think that blaming USEF for it, is absurd.

This is only one more self serving rant by the OP and I see nothing wrong with the fact that people recognize (and comment about) it.
                              Last edited by skydy; Mar. 15, 2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

In an effort to keep this thread on track...

If you look around the pony rings in Zone 2, you'll see stinking rich kids riding ponies they own but don't know how to groom or bandage. You'll see grooms w/o college education doing complex weight/dosage calculations so that the very expensive ponies of the stinking rich kids go around with their noses on the ground so the kids don't fall off.

Then you say you're surprised that these kids don't go onto become amateurs? Good lord. By the time they're 17 most of them are too stressed about getting into the right Ivy League school to consider riding. It's not like most of them are going to schools with riding programs (although occasionally it's fun to see a Medal/Maclay rider showing Novice/WTC at an IHSA show).

The ones you do see continuing to ride either a) have more money than God and don't need to go to college, even to find a future mate, or b) turn professional and try to make it. There is always a small number of riders for whom horses are everything and they would work with horses whether they got paid or not. They.simply.must.ride.

The cycle has always been for young girls to show ponies, then junior hunters, then Big Eq then go to college, work for a few years, make a society match, then bring their offspring out in lead line within 6 years of graduation.

For the rest of the show ring population, who aren't made of gold, they sell their horses and go to college, or eek their way through school riding as often as they can hoping to land that well paying position that allow them to spend their money on board rather than rent in the hope that, one day, they'll be able to show again.
                                ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
                                Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Comment

Originally posted by plainbay22 View Post
                                  Here we go again! Popcorn anyone?
                                  Has anyone ever tried the bacon and caramel popcorn recipe? I'm thinking of trying it out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
                                    Has anyone ever tried the bacon and caramel popcorn recipe? I'm thinking of trying it out this weekend.
                                    No, but you have to send a link or just paste the recipe. I love bacon.

Also, is anyone interested in pursuing a class action personal injury lawsuit for the chronic neck pain caused by excessively shaking your head???

Lastly, there is a "disgust" emoticon, but it doesn't fully capture the feeling
                                    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Comment

I have "The Bacon Cookbook" by James Villas (two time James Beard Award winner etc.. etc..)
                                      It's an excellent book, and it does have a recipe for Bacon Chedder Popcorn..

In any bacon-popcorn recipe it is important to use bacon fat, instead of vegetable oil or butter, in the popping of the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by skydy View Post
                                        I have "The Bacon Cookbook" by James Villas (two time James Beard Award winner etc.. etc..)
                                        It's an excellent book, and it does have a recipe for Bacon Chedder Popcorn..

In any bacon-popcorn recipe it is important to use bacon fat, instead of vegetable oil or butter, in the popping of the corn.
                                        Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Comment

• Original Poster

@horseynjwarrior

What hurts Emma most is your vile, defamatory and racist videos. After the USEF BOD posted them to his Facebook page and Emma learned of them, she texted my 80 year old father who was so upset by her texts that he had chest pains and couldn't breathe and ended up in the hospital for a good period of time. Thankfully, he has recovered fully. I am so glad you took so much time to cause pain to my daughter. If you post racially slurred videos on the Internet I can only imagine what goes on in your home.

@ all

And for the record, I did think I killed Humble at first because the only possible reason for his death was if I had hit the carotid artery. I was beside myself and reacted as any loving owner would. I was not thinking of myself... I was thinking of Humble. I wasn't concerned with anything else but Humble and my daughter. The next day when the pathologist called me to inform me about his diseased lungs I was shocked but in hindsight it made sense. Not that it made Emma nor I feel any better about losing him, but at least we had closure in that regard.

@ all

22 animals have died at competitions last year and the only one focused on is the one that has a necropsy and toxicology performed by one of the top clinics in the nation clearing any wrongdoing. Humble was tested for over 1100 substances. In my opinion, animals are dropping ringside and in schooling areas and BNTs who don't sign entry blanks get away with claiming it was a "bee sting". I am pushing the USEF hard for investigations and/or necropsies to be performed on EVERY animal that dies or drops at a USEF sanctioned competition. I am also pushing hard for due process rights for all USEF members so that another member does not get temporarily suspended without a hearing because of a false protest based on ulterior motives filed against them. If anything comes out of the loss of Humble it should be these two rule changes/additions.

@COTH
                                          Your continued platform for disparagement is obscene. This post is about the pony market and the monopolies in the hunter jumper world and that you even allow such distasteful posts is a telling.
                                          Elizabeth Mandarino
                                          www.amberhillponies.com
                                          cell 908.397.0977

Comment

Working...
                                          X