• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

New York Times article - USEF and Humble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms. Tucker is one of the most ethical attorneys around and anything to the contrary is false. I have 9 attorneys in various states working together. Some known to the public and some unknown to the public. Mr. I. Blakely Johnstone III is one of my attorneys representing me in New Jersey.

What amazes me is that all of you missed the boat on an important fact. The USEF is the National Governing Body of the United States Olympic Committee for our sport. By temporarily suspending me, and all AHF athletes, they violated my due process rights under the Ted Stevens Olympic Athlete and Amateur Act as well as not following the USOC's Due Process Check list.

Should the USEF, without a hearing, be allowed to temporarily suspend a trainer or any athletes. By definition of the act, all of my horses are athletes covered by the act.

When Mr Long lifted the suspension, he stated "The time for that temporary situation has now been lifted, as a result of the fact that we have not discovered anything that would lead us to believe that this could be adjudicated in the hearing process,"

Mr. Long would not have lifted the suspension and to the contrary the USEF would have enjoined in the protest if he thought there was any wrongdoing.

The temporary suspension, which is a violation of a USEF members rights, sets a troubling precedent for all members of USEF. Professional members are at risk of losing their livelihood based upon a single, powerful individual taking as true the allegations of an unsubstantiated protest, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that no rule violations have occurred and that no safety threat exists.

My lawyers are dealing with this issue separately and the USOC has been acting as an intermediary between my attorneys and the USEF as they were the ones who lit a fire under the USEF when, against USEF rules, they withheld the hearing transcripts from my attorneys and myself and assisted us in expediting the USEF to release the dismissal rulings.

When subpoena's are issued, they will come from Mr. Johnstone III's firm as has all other complaints served upon individuals.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Comment

• The Original and Amended Complaint (keep scrolling) can be viewed on the following link.

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/userfi...MotionRMHP.pdf
      Elizabeth Mandarino
      www.amberhillponies.com
      cell 908.397.0977

Comment

• Originally posted by Limerick View Post
        What is the case in New Jersey that folks are referring to??
        Isn't she suing the person who initiated the USEF protest against her?

Edited: apparently she is suing ratemyhorsepro and other unnamed horseshowdiva forum participants.
        Last edited by 2bayboys; Dec. 31, 2012, 09:56 AM.
        "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
        Rainy
        Stash

Comment

• Originally posted by carroal View Post
          I agree leasing is a great option and often a lifesaver. However, doesn't a horse have to qualify in the hunter divisions for Devon? Even if not, the practice of leasing a pre-qualified horse for Devon or pony finals is a part of this story.
          The HORSE accumulates points to qualify for Devon in the pony hunters. Just the horse. Not the horse/rider combo. So someone else (or several other riders) can accumulate the points to qualify and a new rider can ride the horse at Devon. This happens very routinely for lots of reasons. Kid outgrows the horse mid-year, kid qualifies more ponies than she can take, pony goes out on long-term lease mid-year, pro-pilot racks up the points just so the pony can be leased out for Devon, pony is for sale and they want a pro jock to show it, etc.
          ~Veronica
          "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
          http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Helpus View Post
            Tammy Tucker, you might want to review legal ethics. You are not the attorney of record in the NJ case to which you make reference. By implying that you are Ms. Mandinaro's attorney, you are representing that you have the authority to subpoena people in that or any other case in NJ.

Ms. Pam Mahoney, Are you accusing me of posing as an attorney? That is quite an accusation. As an attorney yourself you must know that is against the law. I suggest you retract your unfounded accusation immediately unless you have proof of the same. If anyone is unethical here, it is you!

A review of the NJ Bar Association list of members shows that you are not licensed to practice in that state.

Perhaps Ms. Tucker should limit her statements to those which are fully accurate; and not make comments which will potentially subject her to an ethics review by the only Bar Association of which she is a member -- the Virginia Bar.

~~~~~~~~~~

Upon rereading the above post it seems more believable that Ms. Tucker, knowing her ethical responsibility and valuing her status as a member of the Virginia Bar Association, is not the person who wrote it. I am willing to give Ms. Tucker the benefit of the doubt that she is a hard working, conscientious lawyer whose name has been used by Ms. Mandarino without her permission or knowledge.
            Ms. Pam Mahoney, Are you accusing me of posing as an attorney? You must know as an atty yourself that this is against the law. That is quite the accusation. I suggest you IMMEDIATELY retract the accusation unless you have proof to support your claim. You have been so advised.
            Elizabeth Mandarino
            www.amberhillponies.com
            cell 908.397.0977

Comment

• Good Lord. Step one for getting yourself out of a hole. STOP DIGGING! By your own admission you gave an injection that "accidentally put the pony down" or something to that effect. That much we know as fact. The rest we will never know. It's over and done with and the sooner you shut up the sooner you stop digging.
              McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Quite the opposite. I was grief stricken and thought I had hit the carotid artery until I found out that Humble had a lung condition unbeknownst to myself or my veterinarian. It was a normal reaction to have as a human being who loved her pony. The necropsy performed by New Bolton follows the track of the needle and I did not go anywhere near the carotid artery. Not that that made me feel any better about my loss as Emma and I were both grief stricken. We had the necropsy reviewed by 6 vets/pathologists, they came to the following conclusion that there was some underlying lung disease in Humble.
                Elizabeth Mandarino
                www.amberhillponies.com
                cell 908.397.0977

Comment

• So please tell us what was in the syringe so we can all be sure that our beloved horses are not inadvertently killed by the injection of an otherwise safe substance. What if my horse has an undiagnosed lung condition? I don't want him dropping dead when I give him his pre-show injections.
                  "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
                  Rainy
                  Stash

Comment

• I do not believe that for a second, but threatening to sue everyone and their dog doesn't change anything, it just makes you look guilty and keeps it foremost in our minds. Seriously, let it go.
                    McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• What was in the needle??

Comment

• In light of the aggressive legal pursuit (harassment?) of people even remotely connected to the case, I just have to mention that I have great admiration for Ms. Williams. I don't know her, I've never met her, and I've never heard anything else about her, but I admire her for not being afraid to speak up when she saw something wrong happening. I think that without her protest and her eyewitness account, the incident in question might have been swept under the rug like other similar incidents that have occurred before it, and that the NYT article never could have been written. If people who write on bulletin boards and websites are being targeted by the person accused, then I can only speculate what Ms. Williams has had to deal with as a result of speaking up.

I'd like to think that most of us would would unhesitatingly speak up and/or file a protest if we saw someone breaking the rules, especially in an abusive or dangerous manner. However, the decision to speak up is complicated when doing so puts yourself at risk for harassment or an expensive lawsuit.

Comment

• if you had someone accuse you of injecting your pony with llegal drugs and were temporarily suspended bc of her unsupported protest and crucified publicly, you would do the same.

It was an IV injection of legends which many high level trainers give 2 to 4 hours out before a major hack. Especially if you have one that has a chance at a ribbon. This is all in the complaint.

And Humble was examined 1 month prior to Devon for the competition and the veterinarian who examined him gave him the green light.

Walk a day in my shoes, after my daughter lost a year of her riding career... you wouldnt let it go either. And I will NOT let it go as two false protests were filed against me and I was wrongly accused. My attorneys have strking orders and have been told to aggressively defend me.
                          Elizabeth Mandarino
                          www.amberhillponies.com
                          cell 908.397.0977

Comment

• I don't believe that either but suing people won't change anything. It makes you look guilty!
                            McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Originally posted by amberhill View Post
                              It was an IV injection of legends which many high level trainers give 2 to 4 hours out before a major hack. Especially if you have one that has a chance at a ribbon. This is all in the complaint.
                              In all the years I've been doing this, I've never heard of ANYONE giving Legend (not "legends", sic) 2 hours out from a hack. If you knew the first thing about the drugs you are injecting in your ponies, you'd know that the effectiveness of Legend peaks somewhere around 36-48 hours after administration and remains at that peak until around 96 hours.

Comment

• I wouldn't inject anything to win...but then again that is me. GEESH

I can't believe that people have gotten to a place where they think it is just fine to inject at will. The only times my horses get injections is when they are:

A. Sick
                                B. Getting their vacinations.

I have ridden hunters and trained all my own horses to the A circuit and have never been soo appalled that people think this is ok.

I just wish you would realize that the money you make is through these animals and if you truly love them you will let them lose graciously now and again rather than trying soo hard to get the upper edge.

Kharma is an amazing thing. It really is.
                                The rider casts his heart over the fence,
                                the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Comment

• If she sued the Pope and WON, I still wouldn't believe the story as presented. I imagine I am not in the minority. But the general public has a short memory, you just have to give us a chance to forget.
                                  McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeHoney View Post
                                    In light of the aggressive legal pursuit (harassment?) of people even remotely connected to the case, I just have to mention that I have great admiration for Ms. Williams. I don't know her, I've never met her, and I've never heard anything else about her, but I admire her for not being afraid to speak up when she saw something wrong happening. I think that without her protest and her eyewitness account, the incident in question might have been swept under the rug like other similar incidents that have occurred before it, and that the NYT article never could have been written. If people who write on bulletin boards and websites are being targeted by the person accused, then I can only speculate what Ms. Williams has had to deal with as a result of speaking up.

I'd like to think that most of us would would unhesitatingly speak up and/or file a protest if we saw someone breaking the rules, especially in an abusive or dangerous manner. However, the decision to speak up is complicated when doing so puts yourself at risk for harassment or an expensive lawsuit.
                                    As a pony mom, I want to thank Ms. Williams as well. I can't imagine how the Humble saga has affected the sport for her and her daughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laurierace View Post
                                      I don't believe that either but suing people won't change anything. It makes you look guilty!
                                      I have already been proved innocent and again if the USEF took Ms. Williams or Ms. Marks protest seriously, they would have enjoined the protest. They did not which speaks VOLUMES!
                                      Elizabeth Mandarino
                                      www.amberhillponies.com
                                      cell 908.397.0977

Comment

• Originally posted by Limerick View Post
                                        As a pony mom, I want to thank Ms. Williams as well. I can't imagine how the Humble saga has affected the sport for her and her daughter.
                                        That is a giant problem. One should not have to give their name or their money to file a complaint. It only encourages people to turn a blind eye.
                                        McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• I'd release full necropsy results, including pathologist reports. Then, thumb my nose at the naysayers.
                                          Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Comment

Working...
                                          X