• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Ask the horse Psychic! - NO MORE FREEBEES.... Canter Ohio gets a buck or more from U

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

Originally posted by slee171 View Post
    I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to post a new thread but I love this psychic stuff! Totally believe in it so here's one.

7 year old Thoroughbred gelding named Finn lives in Elmira, NY

Are you happy with me and everything or is there something more you need?
    Welcome!

Finn says: Oh yes, I'm very happy with you. I'd been waiting for so long to find you!

Originally posted by horselips View Post
    Zuri, 28, Arabian gelding, Wayne county, Ohio.

What things make you happiest (other than food/water/treats, turnout & sleep)?

Big Mo' ,13, APHA gelding, Wayne county, Ohio.

Do your feet feel OK?
    Ummmm, there's not very many user names around these here parts that make me laugh outloud, but HORSELIPS... Gotta love that.

Big Mo' says: Maybe I should see the vet and the farrier at the same time? Maybe together they can make it right?

Originally posted by SarahandSam View Post
    I gots to bite... thanks for doing this!

Sam, 4 y/o QH:
    Where were you before the auction and were you ever ridden before then?
    Sam says: I would rather not talk about the before time but I will tell you I was ridden. Can I tell you that I'm much much happier with you? Love... Peace... let's stay together, you and me.

Originally posted by lovemyrobin View Post
    This is a backwards question

Piedmont Penelope (Penni) 12 yr old Conn/Tb mare, Canton GA.

Why have you calmed down undersaddle so much the last 6 months? Did you know I was beginning to give up on you and I?

ps. please tell her I loff her so much, and always have
    Penni says: I know you loff me and I loff you. We just had crossed signals for a while. You didn't know what I wanted and I didn't know what you wanted. Finally I think we've got the hang of it, don't you?

Originally posted by Katie View Post
    Chevy, 10 yr old TB gelding, Virginia

Why did you have to colic again?

Katie, 20 yr old TB/Han mare, Virginia

Do you miss Chevy as much as I do?
    Katie says: Ya ma, I'm sad too. I love you though and I'm here for you. Please hug me everyday and we'll be happy to have each other, kay?
    Stoneybrook Farm Afton TN

Comment

• Thank you

Our signals were so crossed, they were off the radar!!!!
      Connemaras Rock!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovemyrobin

Meet my new horse Piedmont Penelope http://community.webshots.com/album/287402098dfpwFc

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by bhrunner06 View Post
        Hopper: 15 year old QH, Columbus OH

are you ready to go to a show yet?! we have been back to work for quite some time so i hope you are ready to go to a show and jump little itty bitty jumps!

Guinness: 8 year old Irish Sport Horse, Columbus OH

Are you really much much happier here at home vs the boarding barn or are you just trying to fool me?! Would you rather stay here or go back to a different barn, a super nice one that has lots of pasture space to go play in?!
        I'm sort of taking you out of order here, your horses are coming through so loud and clear I had to go ahead and talk with them.

Hopper says: I am super excited to be BACK! I was really down when you left me this way. I mean.... it was fun eating grass and hanging out and all but I really missed all the hubbub and working with you. I'm sorry about Guinness but I'm happy how it's turning out for me.

Guinness says: I'm really very happy here in my present situation. Could you ask your mom to bring me more beer and more cocktails? I just love it when she brings me cocktails. ahhhhh a nice daquirie would really be great around 7pm EVERY DAY.

Comment

• lol...that's good...seems lately it is way too hot to ride so all I have been doing is feeding and fly spraying---she views me as her personal wait staff....she also loves eating variety! Enjoying the dropping mulberry leaves and spanish moss right now....

Comment

• I think mine may have gotten lost... but it said this :

I'll play =)

dano, 7 year old brown oldenburg gelding.

dano, why are you so perfect at every show, and even at finals, you're great in the open eq, but as soon as we get to the real medal, you freak out, start stopping at jumps, and get us excused?
            Oldenburgs do it better

rip mystic puddin' 1984-2006
            rip banacek 1992-2007

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by goldponies View Post
              Tootsie
              mare 12
              cornish me

Do your feet feel terrible with or without shoes?
              Tootsie says: Ya.

PB
              gelding
              maine

Do you know how much you are loved?
              PB says: Ya.

Ben
              gelding
              maine

Why do you buck?
              Ben says: If I told you that would take the mystery out of it for you wouldn't it? You like mysteries don't you? Matlock. Agatha Cristie. Monk. Gentle Ben.

Comment

• Spy
                26 yo TB
                What hurts?

Belle
                12 yo TB x Conn
                Do your feet hurt any more?

Music
                22 yo TB x QH
                Do you prefer being ridden, or not ridden?

Chief
                3 yo SF xTBxRID
                Who picks on you?
                Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Comment

• Rumors Gelding 14yr Belgium Warbmblood NJ

why does he keep refusing in the 3ft at shows when he never has refused at 3ft at home ? also is he jelous of neron his brother ?

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by SS189 View Post
                    Eliza 6yo Saddlebred, Elgin, IL

What is wrong with you??

Victoria 4yo Saddlebred, Elgin, IL

do you like your new partner?

Biscuit 5yo Saddlebred, Elgin, IL

Do you like your new discipline or should we go back to the old one?
                    Gosh, all 3 of these guys only gave me this image, no words, just this: http://i.pbase.com/u23/mabillings/la...8.IMG_2676.jpg
                    Any ideas why?

Originally posted by Vesper Sparrow View Post
                    O great Swami, can you ask my other horse a question?

Max, 3.25 year old grey TB gelding, Glen Robertson, Ont.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

TIA

P.S. Loved the spooky clown photo--will think of that and laugh everytime my horse spooks at some nebulous (to me) thing...
                    Max says: I want to be a fireman. No, a policeman. No, a vet. No, a jumper. No, wait, I know! I want to be a pasture orniment and suck up all your money, time and resources and just look hella pretty doing it. Just kidding ma! I just want to be the best at whatever you decide is right for me, cause I'm a good baby!

Originally posted by Pb View Post
                    Tidy,

Is Appy tuning you out? LOL!
                    Yes, that bastard.

Comment

• Matty, 8yr old Thoroughbred. Ontario, Canada

Will this sudden streak of good behavior continue into next season so we can finally move into 3' hunters?

Comment

• Neron 8yr Gelding Welsh Dutch Warmblood Pony NJ

do you miss jumping more? and are you mad that rumor came into the picture last year?

Comment

• my donation will be made tomorrow AM

Originally posted by tidy rabbit View Post
                          That's it peeps!!! All the rest will require some type of donation to Canter OHIO! Anything posted after post #891 by Jive, requires a donation to Canter Ohio to get SWAMI RABBIT to reply... http://www.canterusa.org/ohio/donations.htm Big or small it doesn't matter, it all adds up.
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

Ask the horse Psychic! - freebees end at 10pm tonight! After that it's by donation to CANTER OHIO only. Thanks so much to those who donated already! You guys are the bestest!

This week only, my service is free.

Ask away. I'll gladly contact your horse for the answers.

Please provide horse's name, age, sex and location along with any question you'd like answered, please limit this to one question per horse.

EDITED TO ADD:

Please just one question per user. I can't keep up with all the requests. Also, please don't send me any Private Messages as my box keeps getting filled up and I can't answer the PMs and the thread too. Thanks! SWAMI RABBIT.
                          My mare's name is Princessa, she is 15 and located in Encinitas, CA.

I want to know if she is happy with me and the work we are doing. I have only owned her for a few months.

Thank you and what a great idea to raise money for CANTER!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by eventing-n-SD View Post
                            My mare's name is Princessa, she is 15 and located in Encinitas, CA.

I want to know if she is happy with me and the work we are doing. I have only owned her for a few months.

Thank you and what a great idea to raise money for CANTER!
                            Princessa says: I am happy with our work so far. I would like it if you would sing to me sometimes. How about some Duran Duran? I just love Duran Duran. If you could sing to me while we're warming up at the walk, that would be just heavenly. Don't be shy about it either! Oh, and sometimes I worry that you will find Mr. Right and leave me. Please don't leave me when he finally comes along because I'm really growing very fond of you. XOXOXOOXOXOXOXO

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Lou82 View Post
                              Riddle me this:

[B]Dawn, 15 YO Arab mare, Maxwell, TX[B]
                              Would you like to start riding again or be a mom again?
                              Dawn says: I don't care. Either way. If its work I would like to be very light. If it's having a baby, well that's easy enough for the first 8 months anyway.

Moe, 21 YO Arab gelding, Maxwell, TX
                              Do you like retirement?
                              Moe says: Sure DO! Yep. That's right. I do like it. Uh huh. Yep.

Tekno, 1 YO Half-Arab gelding, Maxwell, TX
                              Do you like your new home?
                              Tekno says: I miss my old family.

Munchkin, Unknown Age 28" dwarf mini mare, Maxwell, TX
                              Are you happy?

Thank you in advance.

Lindsay Mathre
                              Munchkin says: If you call me a dwarf ONE more TIME I'm going to BITE you! Hard!

Originally posted by heygirlhey33
                              Luke- 14 year tb in arizona

Do you miss me or are you happy to be gone?
                              Luke says: I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'm really happy where I am. I hear the winters here are GREAT but I do miss the grass.

Buck Naked- 9 year old wb in Ohio

Why are you the perfect horse?
                              BN says: I just am. What can I say? Some of us are just absolutely 100% perfect. I firmly believe that I am the horse for YOU! Let's stay together. Always.

Grey Goose- 11 year old wb

Are you feeling a little sore? you act like it when ever im riding you.
                              GG says: Yep, let's go see a DR shall we? Dr S would be a good one I like him.

alligator 7 year old medium pony mare

When are we gonna get your leads perfected so you can finnaly win your hacks?
                              Alligator says: You mean it matters? I didn't know. Sorry.

Originally posted by horsechick575 View Post
                              Monty (Carson) 8yr TB GA
                              How are you doing?

Woody 8yr QH Hilton Head
                              How is life?
                              Monty says: Fine. How are you? What's new with you? You don't see me much these days. Why is that?

Woody says: Good. Life is good and I'm quite happy. I like it here!

Originally posted by Airamennyl View Post
                              A month ago, my old TB gelding found a new home at a retirement facility. Can you ask if he's doing OK?
                              What's his name?

Originally posted by saultgirl View Post
                              Flannigan, 3yr old sport pony gelding, Ontario, Canada.

Do you think we are a good match for each other?

Lindsay
                              Flannigan says: Oh yes. I'm really excited about next year! Aren't you? You don't doubt me do you? Say you don't doubt me! ??? Please. I need you. My butt itches.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by fleabites View Post
                                These are so funny!

Spanky, 15 yo gray QH gelding, St. Louis MO

Do you like your new human?

Norman, 6 yo bay OTTB gelding, St. Louis MO

Do you want to live in the paddock or the stall this winter? And if you have time, I would love to know what he wants his name to be
                                Spanky says: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me.

Norman says: I love my name! Don't go chang'n it from Norman. I AM NORMAN. I would like both a paddock and a stall but if it has to be one or the other I'll take the paddock, more room for playing!

Comment

• Im confused is Tidy_rabbit actually a horse psychic?
                                  Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Author Unknown

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by danosaur View Post
                                    I think mine may have gotten lost... but it said this :

I'll play =)

dano, 7 year old brown oldenburg gelding.

dano, why are you so perfect at every show, and even at finals, you're great in the open eq, but as soon as we get to the real medal, you freak out, start stopping at jumps, and get us excused?
                                    Dano says: Is this just between you and me Swami Rabbit? Can I trust you? Okay, here goes then, It's not me who freeks out. It's my jockey. My rider. MY girl. I guess she doesn't trust me totally and it makes me worry some and then well we just sort of snowball into a mess. I need her to be strong for me too. We need to be a team. Tell her not to let her nerves get to her. Trust in me and we'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveToFly View Post
                                      Im confused is Tidy_rabbit actually a horse psychic?
                                      Most certainly!!! She is as real as all horse psychics are...

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                                        Spy
                                        26 yo TB
                                        What hurts?

Belle
                                        12 yo TB x Conn
                                        Do your feet hurt any more?

Music
                                        22 yo TB x QH
                                        Do you prefer being ridden, or not ridden?

Chief
                                        3 yo SF xTBxRID
                                        Who picks on you?
                                        Spy says: Pretty much everything at this point but it's tolerable. You know how it is? Don't ya ma?

Belle says: Not so much. Seem okay to me. I'm look'n at them right now and they are all okay. Seems about right. Ya. Just about right.

Music says: Some rides are fine these days but if I could just wander about and eat and eat and eat and ....

Chief says: Gosh but they ALL pick on me. They call me Tonto and bite me and chase me away. They all crabby and I want a fella my own age to play with who is fun like me! Someone to gallop the feilds with and who will rear up and play "colt" with me. Shucks, ma, can you get me a 3 y.o. of my own? Or a 2 y.o. who I can boss around?

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Neronrumor View Post
                                          Rumors Gelding 14yr Belgium Warbmblood NJ

why does he keep refusing in the 3ft at shows when he never has refused at 3ft at home ? also is he jelous of neron his brother ?
                                          Rumors says: I wouldn't tell YOU if I was or was not jealous of that little punk ass bast***! What makes you think you can just bring whom ever into our lives without consulting me? Next time I need to have a say in what goes on around here! But, like I said, I'm not gonna tell you nothing!

Originally posted by Jive View Post
                                          Matty, 8yr old Thoroughbred. Ontario, Canada

Will this sudden streak of good behavior continue into next season so we can finally move into 3' hunters?
                                          Matty says: Oh ya, you like this? I got plenty more where this comes from! I AM A GOOD GIRL! Yes. I am. Good Girl. That's me. Let's do this thing! Rock and Roll mama!

Comment

Working...
                                          X