• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Anyone ordered from flybonnets.com??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ordered from flybonnets.com??

I ordered two custom fly bonnets from flybonnets.com, aka Sanswill design. That was 2 months ago. I have not had a response to emails for the last 2-3 weeks and I am getting very concerned. Curious if anyone has ordered and what your experience has been?
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

I haven't ordered from her but I did email he back and forth asking questions. She was usually prompt. One email she said she would get pics of something I asked for, then didn't reply for a week. I emailed her back asking about it and she immediately replied back and was sorry she had forgotten. She then got right on it and got the pics to me in a few hours I think.
    Maybe try her FB page if you have FB?

Comment

Originally posted by ElisLove View Post
      I haven't ordered from her but I did email he back and forth asking questions. She was usually prompt. One email she said she would get pics of something I asked for, then didn't reply for a week. I emailed her back asking about it and she immediately replied back and was sorry she had forgotten. She then got right on it and got the pics to me in a few hours I think.
      Maybe try her FB page if you have FB?
      No dice, she hasn't updated that page since May. There's also a post about the winner of a bonnet for a contest from March that still hasn't received their bonnet.

Though with some sleuthing on her site, her name is Stephanie Barsby, and a quick FB search shows this account - http://www.facebook.com/stephanie.barsby and she last updated her cover photo july 11, so it's not like she's not able to get on the computer?

Perhaps you should message her there?

Comment

I ordered one from Sanswill last year and received it with no issues.

I believe Stephanie's been in Europe and more recently has been travelling for shows, so maybe it's been harder for her to respond? Not sure but I can try messaging her on FB to let her know she's got people waiting.
        I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted.

Comment

Unfortunately when I was in Europe my e-mail server stopped working and I could not check my e-mails while over there (I still can't even check them), just got back late last week and we have been working to trouble solve this since then hoping it all gets resolved within the next few days! It has been causing me an extreme amount of anxiety!! Please e-mail stephanie.barsby@gmail.com in the mean time and we will be working really hard to rectify the situation for all those affected! We are very sorry about this, and will come up with an appropriate solution!
          Last edited by sansibar; Jul. 26, 2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I am feeling the same way. I purchased one the beginning of June, and unsuccessfully attempted to contact them over the past 2 weeks. I am past the 45 day PayPal window, and was hoping that I didn't waste all my money on a fly bonnet I will never see. Hoping that I hear something soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaspen View Post
              I am feeling the same way. I purchased one the beginning of June, and unsuccessfully attempted to contact them over the past 2 weeks. I am past the 45 day PayPal window, and was hoping that I didn't waste all my money on a fly bonnet I will never see. Hoping that I hear something soon!
              Did you not read the post above yours from the person from sanswill. She said to email her at the address she supplied so she can work everything out.

Comment

My friend's mom tried to order a sanswill and it was a complete fail.

The girl wouldn't reply, then when she finally did, Stephanie apologized so much and gave a huge discount but still made the bonnet wrong then they asked.

If you can, order through your tackshop or somewhere more professional.

Comment

I did not initially see the email that Stephanie posted as my reply was sent using the reply button to the top left of the Opening post. But, since I did finally find time to read the entire thread, and did get suggested e-mail, I sent Stephanie an email with a very quick response. Keeping my fingers crossed for the timely resolution! She was very apologetic in her e-mail to me, and I do understand being at the mercy of being able to access e-mail. Will post a follow-up once it occurs.

Comment

Check out their facebook page, lots of people are having issues:

https://www.facebook.com/SanswillDesigns

"hey sanswill, what is your deal?? i'm on here seeing a lot of people having the same problem i am (i.e. you don't respond to emails). i'm pretty annoyed, so i can't imagine how the poor girl who won a contest in MARCH feels!! if you're away, or something else is going on, you should at LEAST have an automated email response, or post a status here. that is the most basic form of business sense.
                    55 minutes ago

Hi Sanswill, would love to talk about ordering a couple of pommel pads. Have been trying to email for a couple of weeks, heard this was the best place to reach you.
                    Thanks
                    6 hours ago via BlackBerry

Hi sanswill I sent a email the others day enquiring adout a cole of custom ear bonnet haven't had a response back just wondering if you got it ?
                    Tuesday at 6:14am via mobile

[edit]
                    Hi Sanswill, I am still waiting for my contest winning bonnet which I won in March... I have not been getting replies to my emails, please call me [edit], thank you.
                    July 20 at 12:24pm

If you want a bonnet, go through a tack shop or try De La Coeur (a little more money, nicer quality and they respond).

https://www.facebook.com/DeLaCoeurEquestrian
                    Last edited by Moderator 3; Aug. 9, 2012, 06:08 AM. Reason: to remove identifying details

Comment

^

Wow... so it's not just my friend who's alone in experiencing TERRIBLE customer service...

Apologizing only gets you so far.

Comment

All the more reason to give your local tack shops the business.

Comment

This is disappointing to hear. I had decided on Sanswill for my bonnet of choice when my mare grows up and becomes a Real Horse. Might have to reconsider.

Comment

I order one around Christmas and received it promptly! A friend of my shows/lives in the same area that the bonnets are made and says that the owner is great. Maybe with the email problem there will be a bit of a back log. Hopefully they can rectify it, as the bonnets are lovely.

Comment

I ordered on last year and got it very quickly.

Anyone ever consider that she owns her own small business and life just happens sometimes- aka email issues while out of the country?! Give the girl a break. I'm sure she will make it right for everyone!

Her bonnets are fabulous and I will certainly order from her again!
                              "If you are nervous you arent focused-if you are focused, there is no room for nerves!"

Comment

I ordered 2 around Feb/Mar and had absolutely no issues whatsoever. She was very helpful and prompt in replying to me, sent me pics for approval before putting the finishing touches on them, and I received them shortly thereafter. They're beautiful and I love them to death. I'll be a repeat customer if I do jumpers again.

Comment

Ugh! Am getting really irritated that I have yet to receive any refund for a bonnet I ordered on June 5th. Paid $130 for a custom bonnet to be shipped. At the end of July after making numerous attempts to contact her, I received a reply stating that I would get a refund and a bonnet. Just asking for a refund at this time. It's the middle of September and there still is no resolution. Her website is also not working anymore. Happy others have had good experiences, but it appears none have been recent, and I am still waiting for my bonnet which I paid for 3 1/2 months later. Buschkn, have you gotten your bonnets yet?

Comment

No refund still?! Yikes...you may want to kiss the money byebye.

Although as a last resort, try messaging her like Horsegal did on facebook?

Originally posted by horsegal301 View Post
                                    No dice, she hasn't updated that page since May. There's also a post about the winner of a bonnet for a contest from March that still hasn't received their bonnet.

Though with some sleuthing on her site, her name is Stephanie Barsby, and a quick FB search shows this account - http://www.facebook.com/stephanie.barsby and she last updated her cover photo july 11, so it's not like she's not able to get on the computer?

Perhaps you should message her there?

Comment

Originally posted by Rio's Diamond View Post
                                      No refund still?! Yikes...you may want to kiss the money byebye.

Although as a last resort, try messaging her like Horsegal did on facebook?
                                      She updated her profile picture on Sept 5th, as well as responding that she's attending a pub event at the university (in Ontario) on Sept 19th. That kind of invalidates the excuse that she's busy and unable to get to a computer. If you have time to go on Facebook and go to music events, you have time to return business emails...

Anyone ever consider that she owns her own small business and life just happens sometimes- aka email issues while out of the country?! Give the girl a break. I'm sure she will make it right for everyone!
                                      Doesn't seem to be the case, as per her FB updates. She's starting to give herself a really bad name.

Comment

Protest the charge on your card. I don't know of a CC these days that doesn't protect online shoppers.
                                        My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                        X