• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Spoke this am 2 animal communicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke this am 2 animal communicator

Well, I have seen some threads about this so when a few people recommended someone highly I thought I'd give it a chance.....

It was INTERESTING....The person did know things about my horse that isn't general to all horses (u decide)..... anyway, s/he said

My horse has colicked 2 1/2 -3 times this past year (spot on--I did not tell them thisl)

My horse sees better out of her right eye than left.

Her bowels (solar plexer)--or some part of them is impacted which makes her belly sore OR they are smaller than the average horse--and probably will continue to be an issue for the filly.

My horse said the hay is ok now but a couple months ago it was BAD, like twigs. (how could s/he know that, really)

My horse said the water is too cold so she won't drink that much... it makes her cold.

My horse thinks she is beautiful (ok, i know...) but then went on to say my horse knows she has the best butt (hind end) at the barn.... I have to say this is true... she has other problems...but she has a lovely rump!!!! Seriously.

My horse said she doesn't like the trainer at the barn..... Ok, I almost Sxxt myself...... oh my.......

I shall stop here......

Before talking to the person the ONLY THINGS s/he knew about my horse was her age and that she is a "sport horse." She started the conversation and talked for 10 minutes about my mare b4 s/he asked if I had questions.

The point to my post is that I am a believer!!! And even if it's just bull, it was fun to do==albeit expense.

If anyone has questions let me know......... it was fun and interesting

noodle bug

DId you have her ask any questions?

I would LOVE to know what my gelding is thinking.
    Blog chronicling our new eventing adventures: Riding With Scissors

Comment

I have been tempted more than once, do you mind giving a name? (Free advertising).

Comment

I did that with several of my horses after my trainer called a woman about her mare and I was amazed at what was said. Her mare asked her what the big horse's girl was celebrating. My trainer was in her mare's stall when the owner of the 17.3hh mare came in all excited because she had been accepted to her first choice college. All the communicator knew about my trainer's horse was that she was a 9 year old chestnut mare.

My pony talked about how he thought he was the most wonderful horse in the barn and everyone liked him. He also thought he was very cute. He talked her ear off about his beautiful tail. He also said he liked his toes a little longer, and since we've been trimming him that way he seems much happier. He has a very balky tendency and we asked him if he would go forward. He grudgingly said he would try.

My now retired horse we talked to when we were deciding whether or not to retire him. We asked him if his tendon hurt after he recovered from a tendon tear. He said no. We asked him if he wanted to do his job. He kept repeating, "I'm happiest now, with the spotted horse." He was outside with a paint pony. We retired him and he's a different horse, he's so happy.

We've talked to our cats too, and they said similar believable things that there is no way a woman on a telephone could get from their names, their colors and their ages.

Comment

I would LOVE to do this with my horses!

Comment

I want to be an animal communicator to the stars!!!! And maybe have my own TV show too!!!

Comment

I used Linda from ISpeakAnnimal (I think that was it), and had her do a reading for my horse and dogs. She came up with some really interesting things. Only knew my horse's name, age, and color. Like when I was telling her which stall he was in, she said "No, He's in a pasture, and really likes the white mare next to him". I insisted he was in his stall, but found out later that day they had switched his turnout time, and he WAS next to a gray, almost white mare.

She also said that he liked jumping, but that we were doing something after the fence that confused him (we were working on lead changes on the corners). Also said that a few days before, he had a lot of fun being out of the ring, but was unsure of the footing (I took him out to the sand hills for the first time.

Also told me that one of my dogs (she said this by name...I told her Just his name), wants to know where his rug is. She said that he thought it was comfy and was gone. The dog had recently had colitis and thrown up on it and I had cleaned it up and put it in the garage until I could have it cleaned. It was an octogon entryway rug that he used to always lay on.

So it was pretty interesting.

Comment

I SO want to do this with my horse... But i dont have the money right now

Comment

Originally posted by myalter1 View Post
                  I SO want to do this with my horse... But i dont have the money right now
                  Same here ! I think it would be So interesting. I've owned my mare since she was born (I owned her mom) so it would be really interesting to see what she would say about me LOL

Comment

I for the life of me do not know how this is any different from a palm reader or fortune teller. Horses are not capable of thinking their tails are pretty! They don't know what "pretty" means! They might know their belly hurts or their feet hurt but how in the HE** would they know their toes are too long? Common sense says the water is cold...and that horses don't like it.
                    Sorry to rain on this parade but I think it is nothing more than a way to sucker money out of people, just like that sleazy guy on TV does.
                    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
                    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
                    The Barkalicious Bakery
                    On Facebook!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moonriverfarm View Post
                      Sorry to rain on this parade but I think it is nothing more than a way to sucker money out of people, just like that sleazy guy on TV does.
                      I agree. It honestly is just a money maker for the person doing it. Studies have proven that horses do not drink as much water in the winter and have also proven that horses were more likely to drink warm water than cold...so that's an easy one to to state to a horse owner

Lots of horses have a history of colic, especially those stabled at a show barn, stalled at night, etc. If she was wrong on that, she just would have changed her questioning and moved on to something else. Because her guess on colic was correct, then it's super easy to add in a sore belly, impaction and/or smaller bowels....which would, of course, coincide with a history of colic. And even I had hay a few months ago that had twigs in it.

That being said, I have watched John Edward on TV and saw him on Dr. Phil again a few weeks ago...and while many experts and fellow psychics have explained how this is "pulled off". at the end of the day, he eased people's minds and made them feel better. And I guess at the end of the day, who are we to take that away from another person.
                      www.DaventryEquestrian.com
                      Home of Oldenburg, Westphalian & RPSI approved pony stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
                      Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

There will always be skeptics with anything like this, much like there are people who do not believe in spirits, ghosts, the afterlife or God. To each his own and I suppose if people want to 'throw their money away' let them. I, for one, am interested in what would be said, then would like to see if the application of that information changes anything in my horse's life. I have a crabby pony who hates to be brought in for work (DUH, no brainer there) She would love to live outside forever. I would LOVE to have her spoken to and see what she has to say

Comment

A friend of mine just had Linda speak with her horses and I have to say, the comments were spot on. From the fact that there *are* a lot of grey horses on the aisle that her grey horse lives on, the bay horse just had his food changed and wanted to know who was responsible for that and that my DD is "very chatty" with all the horses, but the green horse likes that she chats with him the most, she does . She came back with such funny comments that she had no way of knowing

Comment

Originally posted by moonriverfarm View Post
                            Horses are not capable of thinking their tails are pretty! They don't know what "pretty" means!
                            How do you know that? Maybe a horse told you?
                            Donald Trump - proven liar, cheat, traitor and sexual predator! Hillary Clinton won in 2016, but we have all lost.

Comment

I did this with my horse and it was amazing. The AC told me things that were spot on and that she had NO way of knowing. For example - she said "He really likes it when you sing to him on the trail rides, it helps him calm down." Now how would she know that I do this?

She also asked him questions and his answers were fascinating. Because it has taken him quite some time to get over his nervous nature, he was worried that I'd get rid of him for a horse that would be calmer. And he promised that he'd be ready to go to shows this year.

I had spoken, in his presence, before she ever came to the barn, about wanting to take him to my house, where I have a barn and a large field, for a "sleepover." He told her he was really very interested in a sleepover but he'd rather just live where I live. He said that all he'd need was a mini for company. (He LOVES minis and ponies.)

So I am a believer too, in the case of this one person.
                              What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Noodles View Post
                                Well, I have seen some threads about this so when a few people recommended someone highly I thought I'd give it a chance.....

It was INTERESTING....The person did know things about my horse that isn't general to all horses (u decide)..... anyway, s/he said

My horse has colicked 2 1/2 -3 times this past year (spot on--I did not tell them thisl)

If anyone has questions let me know......... it was fun and interesting

noodle bug

How does a horse colic "1/2" a time? There are different kinds of colic and degrees of severity, but I've never heard of a vet billing for treating a "half-colic".

I figure to each his own, spend the money how you wish. As long as it's not taking the place of real medical diagnoses and treatments, or training, no harm done.

Comment

I find it hilarious that someone who has in his/her tagline quotes from the Bible, but questions how someone can believe in an AC.

Comment

What about the things that the AC said that weren't true? Can you remember how many things there were? Also, what do people do when the AC makes an incorrect statement?

These questions are for anyone who has been through the process, which I haven't. Thanks
                                    "The slogan will take you like lemmings to the cliff. You'll feel better than ever, and into the abyss... There'll be no more war, there'll be no more choice." PiL

Comment

So I have actually considered doing this with one of the ladies.... at this point in time with this particular mare, there really isn't anything left to do. And I figure what is there to lose except maybe my time and money. But if it helps... hmmm... will have to contact Linda, AC and see what happens. Will post back when I get it done. (probably not too soon)

Comment

My skeptical side suggests if the AC knows they're going to be talking to you in advance...well...google is an amazing tool and I know I, at least, have said all kinds of things about my horse on the Internet that it might be possible for someone to find and then later tell me even though I never said it to them directly.

That said...I have spoken to an animal communicator, someone else at my old barn brought her out and I decided on the spur of the moment to have her talk to my horse too (she wasn't very expensive).

Here's where I talked about talking with her.

I thought it was neat. I never did try giving him a pumpkin to see what he'd do with it though...maybe I'll try a watermelon once they start showing up in stores.
                                        The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
                                        Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Comment

Working...
                                        X