• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

H/J Trainer's Corgi Is LOST in Fairfield County, CT - *UPDATE 12/19/12*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see Randee's or I would have been on that one too. I feel awful for her as well.

Terrible to lose our animals, no matter how. I am so sorry for her to have to go through what she is experiencing!

Comment

• Because people wouldn't put 7HL on ignore, that's why.
      Author Page
      Like Omens In the Night on Facebook
      Steampunk Sweethearts

Comment

• Originally posted by JustJump View Post
        Far be it from me to criticize the Andy effort, which has been commendable.

But the Otteridge Safari issue IS horse related. Just wondering why a missing DOG thread is deemed OK by the Moderators while a missing PONY thread, said pony being the dam of several nice PONY HUNTERS from one of the most prominent PONY breeders (Google Eileen Beckman) in the country is closed down and relegated to a spot that most will not see on a regular basis unless they go looking for it specifically. In the meantime the ANDY thread is in our faces all the time thanks to the Andy Zealots.

Double standard much?

Yay for the FB page, what does that have to do with here? Yay for supporting Jordina--how about supporting Randee?
        I agree!! While I also wish for a safe Andy return, I am personally invested in the Safari issue, as I own one of those "nice pony hunters" she is the dam of. That thread was closed down becasue some A-Hole couldnt keep his fingers under control. I am not actually sure why it closed....it certainly didnt seem as out of hand as some threads that seem to keep going.
        Save a life...be an organ donor! Visit www.Transplantbuddies.org

Comment

• So the bad behavior of a person on another thread is a valid reason to criticize the existence of this thread?

I think not.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlissTate View Post
            Because people just couldn't help but fight on it, despite being warned several times to knock it off. I don't think it was the topic so much as the fact people just couldn't shut the heck up.

What happened to Randee's thread stunk. What better way to say as a community we are sorry about that than to try to trash another one. Is that it?
            Yeah, I thought that's why the pony thread was closed. Because people kept arguing and getting personal.
            LEGADO DE RIOS

Comment

• come home andy. get your furry corgi butt in a trap or sit still long enough for jordina to find you. A-ROOOOO

Comment

• This Exactly & Jingles & AO for ALL Involved ~

Originally posted by fair judy View Post
                come home andy. get your furry corgi butt in a trap or sit still long enough for jordina to find you. A-ROOOOO
                This exactly ! and of course ~

Jingles & AO and some extra WEEKEND GOOD LUCK for this "trapping" ~

I miss ANDY and I don't even 'know' him !
                Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "

Comment

• I pray hard for any and every person on here who has a missing animal. I cannot fathom how sick I would be were it my pet missing. If you aren't on board, just don't open the thread!
                  SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
                  Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
                  The Barkalicious Bakery
                  On Facebook!!!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by RiverBendPol View Post
                    Hey. I'm in New Canaan now and saw an Andy poster on a pole in town. It made me so sad...There was only 1 poster and it is completely water-logged. I wonder if the public is still on alert?

Thank you for the update! The ground crew works hard to replenish posters that are worn out or removed as well as to post new ones in locations not yet covered. They have made a huge effort to make sure that the local community knows that Andy is still missing and that there have been continued recent sightings in the area - he has not been found and this is NOT a cold case!

Could you be more specific about the location of the water-logged poster you saw so that I can forward the information to those who can replace it? Or, if you'd prefer, you can share the information on the Bring Andy Home FB page where the ground crew checks regularly: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...23338351030976

Thank you for your support! I cannot wait for the day to report that he has been captured!!!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by moonriverfarm View Post
                      A year ago a dog I was fostering and who I had placed in what I thought was a forever home got loose and disappeared.
                      One year later the SAME dog reappeared on my radar, 20 miles from where she was lost, and coincidentally near the farm where I board. Like andy, the dog could be seen but not approached. People in the area had also watched her survive winter and early spring, even though she was living in woods near a busy 4 lane interstate.
                      I asked one of the people who had been leaving food out if they had thought about trying to trap her. Hmmm. nobody thought she would go into a trap.
                      Guess what? Trap set and within an hour dog was caught.
                      The lady who had the trap took it in her house and opened the door. And this little dog who had been lost for a YEAR quietly came out of the trap and jumped right on her sofa and curled up. She has since settled in and is sleeping in this lady's bed.
                      Miracles happen. Never discount a trap. Never underestimate the dog's ability to reconnect.
                      Jordina WILL NEVER GIVE UP on Andy!!!! Traps (and larger enclosure traps) continue to be baited and monitored with motion activated video camera (with night vision capability) as well as cameras in other locations. Hopefully, one day he will decide to go into one, (or into someone's fenced in yard (that had a gate left open), or a garage, or shed, etc.). Jordina is doing more than most people could ever imagine - her efforts and dedication have earned her a core of dedicated helpers and a world-wide following of well wishers. Now if Andy would just let himself be caught ...

Comment

• Katie16, you might want to change the update in the thread title to today's date, just so people know the thread has current information.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by SwampYankee View Post
                          Hate to say it, but I think the "Andy" sightings are now about as likely as "Elvis" sightings.

I'm a mile or two away from where this happened; more's the pity there is no enforcement of the anti-fireworks ordinance here by disinterested cops. This should not have happened!

However, every night without fail and half the time even in broad daylight, we have whole PACKS of coyotes hunting at full cry--sounds for all the world like the "Wild Hunt" of English legends. The Fairfield Animal Control just published a report today that 5 small dogs have been killed by coyotes in one neighborhood of that town alone recently.

Between cars, no feeding, no medication, and the Wild Hunts aforesaid I think this dog is unfortunately very long gone. Maybe his people should start a fund in his memory to publicize and educate people about unanticipated dangers to pets. Sincere condolences . . .
                          You are correct that if the anti-fireworks ordinance was obeyed, this whole situation would not have happened. And who would have expected fireworks at 9:00PM?!?! Regardless, it happened and now Jordina and those who care to are doing all that they can to get Andy back. Blame is not being passed - focus is purely on getting Andy back.

Confirmed sightings DO continue to come in (as well as some that are deemed non-credible or inaccurate). Jordina has devised what appears to be a good system for determining the validity and likelihood that a sighting was indeed Andy. A sighting was confirmed (in his usual area (though it encompasses a 3 mile radius)) as recently as two days ago. I am not sure if there have been others since (maybe, maybe not). We are all aware of the recent warning about coyotes killing several small dogs in the area. Of course it is a huge concern. Every day that he is out there is a concern - there are many things that can harm him (intentionally or otherwise). All we can do is continue to try our best to locate and capture him and pray. Jordina is realistic about the fact that this story may not have the happy ending we all wish for; but she will never give up until she finds him, regardless of what condition he may be in when that happens.

Comment

• My sister's family lost their standard poodle a few months ago. Unfortunately there were never any sightings or the outpouring of community and cyber-community support. Poor Fifi. We live in Tucson, AZ and coyotes do roam the city streets, but we think someone scooped her up quite quickly. Andy! Get thee home!
                            You hate that, don’t you? Do you like oysters? You have to acquire a taste for oysters and the deep distance.”
                            -- George H. Morris on learning to love the deep distance

Comment

• katie16 ~ thank you for the update ~ Jingles & AO continue for Andy & family ~

katie16 `` thank for the update ~

Jingles & AO continue for Andy and his family ~

Comment

• Looks like Andy, or a corgi similar to Andy, was sighted up there.

And the owner camped out to try to find him. It is essential that the owner set up camp and watch and wait for her dog, so she's doing that now. It's the best way to get a dog back to his owner.

Here's hoping Andy comes by where his owner is camped out, smells her, and goes to her. Dogs don't forget. heck, neither do cats or horses or other animals.

Comment

• And a timely reminder to all animal owners- please be careful about your animals this week during any fireworks. That's what made Andy run off in the first place. Six months ago.

I keep hoping for a happy ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
                                    Looks like Andy, or a corgi similar to Andy, was sighted up there.

And the owner camped out to try to find him. It is essential that the owner set up camp and watch and wait for her dog, so she's doing that now. It's the best way to get a dog back to his owner.

Here's hoping Andy comes by where his owner is camped out, smells her, and goes to her. Dogs don't forget. heck, neither do cats or horses or other animals.
                                    Especially with the 4th coming up.

I've been wondering and worrying about that for a while for Jordina. What if July 4th rolls around and she still doesn't have him home. Not a good scenario.
                                    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Comment

• Yes, while my horses are fine with guns and firecrackers, we boarded down the road from the gun club here and then right across the road from them for years, plus all the hunters and husbands of BOs with guns, my aussies always were afraid of firecrackers and gunfire, so I taught them to run to me and/or the car if they were scared.

BO's grandson was shooting off fireworks a few days ago, and Cloudy and Hattie were totally calm. All the hunters at previous barn who walked the pasture fence lines help kept their conditioning up.

I went from Llewellyn Setters who hunted with my father and loved gunfire, to aussies who hated gunfire. And in Atlanta, we had a lot more gunfire than we do in the country.

Here's hoping that Andy gets nabbed by his owner today or tomorrow so he won't have to be afraid of the firecrackers.

Comment

• Jingles & AO for Andy and his family during this holiday weekend ~

EXTRA JINGLES & AO for Andy and his family during this holiday weekend ~

Andy will be 'hunkered' down in his 'safe' place til the all clear ~

Andy is a smart boy ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Long Spot View Post
                                          Especially with the 4th coming up.

I've been wondering and worrying about that for a while for Jordina. What if July 4th rolls around and she still doesn't have him home. Not a good scenario.
                                          we are all worried about the fireworks, but trying to remember that in his life this was the first time andy was ever spooked by them. it only takes one time, so everyone please keep you pets inside for the duration. here in our berg it is like living in a war zone for weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X