• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

what's a reasonable time to wait for antares rep to call back? ANOTHER UPDATE POst#82

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Shannon Muldoon no longer an Antares rep? Isn't she in the area?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

• Original Poster

Not for NJ

Comment

I realize she's not regularly the rep, but given that the regular rep is long-term unavailable, Antres hasn't come up with other brilliant suggestions, and Shannon is really not that far (Chester Co. PA)-- Why not ask if this time Antares won't send her out to resolve your issue, even though she's not usually an NJ rep? I'd call and ask!
        ~Veronica

Comment

Shannon is no longer a rep.
          "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

Comment

Boy, that was quick?! Okay, so that's not an option. There must be a new PA rep to replace her?!
            ~Veronica

Comment

• Original Poster

Literally, this was the last response I had from them, "The repair will be done here in MD - we have the tools and knowledge to repair what is wrong - we will only have a it a day or so - then we will get it sent right back to you.
              As for the reps - they are all in Florida or California right now for the
              big horse shows. But we will have someone back in this area soon for barn
              appts, as soon as I can get the date for that - I will let you know.
              Sorry for the inconvenience, I will be in touch soon - Please let me know
              when you ship your saddle."

(as to the repair)
              I was told by the rep they might have to send it to Illinois for repair b/c they had never heard of a saddle problem like mine and they might need to replace the padding under the seat. They haven't seen the saddle, only pictures that I emailed them in November.

I have been waiting since November 2011 for the rep to come out. When I responded to this email that his response was unacceptable (regarding all the reps being in Florida or CA) and I wanted to speak to his supervisor/boss, I got no response AT ALL.

way to go Antares.

Comment

Call Antares directly and ask to speak with the owner. It may take a few times of timing when she will be in the office, but be persistant. Tell her the dates you made contact, how long it took for someone to contact you back, who you contacted (and who didn't ever contact you back) and be prepared to offer her what you think would be the reasonable solution.

Stop messing around with the reps.

Comment

• Original Poster

I can't get a number off of Antares; site for the owner or a boss. It's ridiculous. I left a voice mail yesterday at the number I had for Silver Spring MD and no one returned the call. I will NEVER recommend Antares.

Comment

Have you tried calling the company in France. You might be able to get some help from them or at least better contact names and numbers. Most likely your are only dealing with reps and/or a distributor here in the US and it seems pretty clear that they don't give a crap.

Antarès Sellier France
                    PA de l'Ormeau de Pied
                    34, rue des Fougères
                    17100 Saintes

Tel: +33 (0)5 46 93 69 73 - Fax: +33 (0)5 46 93 78 09

Comment

I did a domain search to see who owns the Antares website and this information came up. If I were you, I would start calling numbers until I got a hold of someone that could offer help to put me in touch with the right person.

Domain name: antares-sellier.com

Registrant:
                      LX60-GANDI
                      34 rue des Foug????res
                      SAINTES, 17100
                      FR
                      +33.546936973
                      (fax: +33.546937809)
                      fa62475d1e1ef01e7c1cc2fdf0f9a6fe-lx60@contact.gandi.net

Administrative Contact:
                      Moustic
                      Ferdinandy Fabien
                      1 rue Fleming
                      La Rochelle, 17000
                      FR
                      +33.546414787
                      contactez@moustic-multimedia.fr

Technical Contact:
                      Moustic
                      Ferdinandy Fabien
                      1 rue Fleming
                      La Rochelle, 17000
                      FR
                      +33.546414787

Billing Contact:
                      Moustic
                      Ferdinandy Fabien
                      1 rue Fleming
                      La Rochelle, 17000
                      FR
                      +33.546414787

Comment

I would try contacting Evelyne. She is the one who heads up the US operations, I believe. The info below is from the last email I had from her - I would try the cell phone first.

Good luck.

Evelyne Cummings
                        Antarès Custom Saddles
                        Off: (301) 421 0019
                        Mob. (301) 332 6104 *
                        Fax: (301) 421 1617
                        We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
                        -PaulaEdwina

Comment

I'm sure they're going to make you pay to ship it too, huh?

Comment

• Original Poster

Thank you LucassB.. I will try that. Tha Ridge. You guessed it. They want me to pay to ship it to MD.

Comment

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Not sure, but I think that some of the problem may originate in the pay structure for reps. If they make money only on sales, perhaps they can't afford to do what they should-- be ready and able to service customers with past problems.

I'll also assume that your fitter ordered a saddle for "how the horse will be in work" in good faith. If she missed, she does need to help you make it right. But it sounds expensive for all-- Antares (were they to do the shipping and repairs gratis) and for her-- coming back out for free.

Also, I think reps may get caught in the problem of barn fees and time it takes to really make a "good" sale. That's time, money and effort before and after that one day when measurements are taken and an order placed. You and I don't want to pay a lot for those visit. But rep has costs-- to get out to a barn, spend the time, and own the demos you'd like to try and even borrow-- those are part of her overhead.

None of this is to condone a company that advertises better-than-you-could-get-by-yourself fit for their saddles and doesn't deliver. It is to say that we should value something other than a pretty, purportedly custom or even trendy saddle. You want a company and people that are there for the long haul. They should have the integrity (or plain old common sense) to know that the sale of an important, expensive piece of equipment isn't a one-off thing.

Please look for signs of those good people! I think it's great that H/Jers are getting such well-designed saddles and the high standards for fit that the dressagers and endurance people demanded much earlier. I read here about unhappy customers and worry that saddle reps will get the same reputation as the proverbial "horse trader."
                              The armchair saddler
                              Politically Pro-Cat

Comment

Originally posted by myalter1 View Post
                                Finealready, i think i am right there with you. Perhaps we should forward this thread to them.. wait, i don't think it will make a darn bit of difference. I probably should have spent my $4000+ somewhere else...
                                Oh, they know about this thread and others like it, I am sure. I have been considering legal action against them, and told Evelyne so. Frankly, I've done some looking into whether or not there are enough people to certify a class action lawsuit against them.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by FineAlready View Post
                                  Oh, they know about this thread and others like it, I am sure. I have been considering legal action against them, and told Evelyne so. Frankly, I've done some looking into whether or not there are enough people to certify a class action lawsuit against them.
                                  do we have a class action suit?

Comment

Originally posted by FineAlready View Post
                                    Originally posted by myalter1 View Post
                                    do we have a class action suit?
                                    I'll tell you what, I sure have heard more and more stories about defective Antares saddles and even MORE defective Antares customer services lately. They just went onto what I fondly term the "Devocoux List." Otherwise known as the "Do Not Buy, EVER List."
                                    Last edited by vxf111; Jan. 13, 2012, 12:19 PM. Reason: I cannot spell today!
                                    ~Veronica

Comment

• Original Poster

I wish I had heard of all this bad press before I got one.. I really regret it.

Comment

• Original Poster

OH DEAR LORD.
                                        So, finally, in January, demanded my money back. No no, we are going to fly the rep to you in February (REALLY? I called in NOVEMBER) to have her come out. Rep comes out February 14th. 'Oh boy your horse really got big. No that saddle doesn't fit.' She didn't bring any loaner to fit my horse (which I was PROMISED she would.) She took my defective saddle (needed new padding under the seat and a new seat) and I was told i was going to get a loaner in the mail. (shortened version.) I told them, look just refund my money. No, we are going to make you a completely new custom saddle. We are confident we can fix this. Loaner came that had the same panels that they were going to put on the new custom. THOSE panels didn't fit. I immediately called Antares and told them do not make me a saddle with those panels. Shipped the loaner saddle back. Then they ask me if i can wait until March 20th or so, because they want to fly a DIFFERENT rep/fitter to me. DH (my attorney) spoke with them and tried to talk settlement (not a REFUND, a settlement for a lesser amount.) No go. Today, i get an email saying that they stand by their policy, will make me a new saddle. But now, the new rep/fitter won't be coming out until March OR April (end of the winter circuit). Which means, that IF this is my only recourse, i wouldn't be actually GETTING the saddle until July or August (nearly 1 year since i first CALLED about the ill fit.)

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

But if i sue, i know they have a defense.. that i actually rode in the saddle from March 2011 (when i got it) until November 2011 (when i called). AND they say that their policy is that you have to reject the brand new saddle within 7 days of receipt. I did this in March 2011, although, their records of course reflect differently

BUYER beware. I hope someone else reads this thread and seriously considers NOT buying an antares. It's been the worst saddle buying experience of my LIFE.

Comment

Wow! I can't believe when you spend $4000 on a saddle this is what happens. Just crazy! So sorry you are going through this!

Comment

Working...
                                          X