• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Update to Forum Rules: Criminal Allegations

In our continuing effort to provide an avenue for individuals to voice their opinions and experiences, we have recently reviewed and updated our forum policies. Generally, we have allowed users to share their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, trainers, etc. within the industry, and that is not changing.

When it came to overt criminal allegations, however, those discussions have in the past needed to stem from a report by a reputable news source or action by law enforcement or the legal system.

We are now expanding our policies to allow posters to share their own first-hand experiences involving overt criminal allegations, such as animal abuse or neglect, theft, etc., but only if they publicly provide their full first and last name along with the post. We still will not allow anonymous postings alleging criminal activity.

So, a user may now make a specific claim against a named individual or company, but it must be a FIRST-HAND account, and they have to IDENTIFY THEMSELVES. Users have always been legally responsible for their posts, and nothing has changed there, but we want to loosen the reins a bit and further allow the free flow of discussion and information relevant to the horse community.

We are not providing a free-for-all of anonymous rumor-mongering. As enduring advocates for the welfare of the horse, we want to provide a forum for those willing to sign their name and shine a light on issues of concern to them in the industry.

The full revised rules are posted at the top of each forum for reference.
2 of 2 < >

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums’ policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, tall boot shopping is as bad as saddle shopping IMO! I have the Tredstep Raphael's and they are miserable to walk in also....they still rub my Achilles raw and I've had them a couple of years now.

Lucky - Jingles for your friend, how sad.

PF - Glad you had a good ride on TBG! What kind of groundwork do you do with him? Cash has been in for over a week due to nonstop rain and I could use some ideas!

WIP - Yes please keep posting those exercises! I'm trainer-less at the moment and could use some inspiration So glad barn A is working out so well for you, sounds like you found a great trainer to learn from!

Faye - Goose is half Missouri Fox Trotter, so he sometimes gaits! I don't necessarily want him gaiting, and if I push him forward he trots so I try to encourage that as much as possible. His gait is really comfortable, just not something I have any need for

Lost - Good for you on NSN! I haven't been brave enough to take mine off yet, but Cash hasn't had turnout in over a week and I'm afraid I'd die Maybe next week! I don't know about the leg position thing, I've wondered about that myself. If I do a stirrupless lesson I've always kept my normal position, but if I'm playing around on my own I'll sometimes let them hang, especially if I'm working on my sitting trot. I feel like I can get much deeper in the saddle with my legs just draped down. Curious to hear other's experiences on this!

I was sick with a sinus infection last week, and out of town this past weekend, so I haven't gotten much riding in lately. Like I said, we've had nonstop rain (but the sun is shining today!) and poor Cash has been stuck in his stall for over a week. This barn is very particular with their pastures, which I understand, but I feel bad for him being stuck inside so much. I wish they at least had dry lots or somewhere they could go when it's wet!

With me being gone all weekend, the poor guy stood in his stall from Friday-Sunday so yesterday he couldn't be happier to see me. I put him on the lunge line first, and he was like lunging a kite He was good for our ride though, even though I could tell he was having naughty thoughts! Hoping he'll be back to his old reliable self today.

In other news, I think I found a new trainer. Hoping to meet with her in the next week or two. Will update when I know more!

Comment

• SugarCubes - try some Mole Skin on the inside heel of your boot. You can find it at most local drug stores. Make sure it's cotton and get the kind that has an adhesive backing. That may help with the rubbing.
      ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

• Lucky and Trot On - I had a very poor experience with Tuff Rider boots (zipper broke within a few months on one, shortly after on the other, and within a year the entire sole started to separate and the heel actually fell off - just from riding my one horse ~5 days/week), but hopefully you have better luck. On the other hand I've been very happy with my current Ariats, still going strong after 2 years (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!) I find the Ariats very comfortable, and like that they have semi-custom size options for height and width.

Sugar - Does that mean no turnout pretty much all winter?? Hopefully Cash will adjust. I hope the trainer works out!

Paradox - Yay for being back on TBG!

Lost - You're lucky G is comfortable! I don't really do no stirrup work because Cupid is definitely not comfortable, but if I do I keep my legs as if they are in stirrups. But during walk warm up I've been taking my feet out of the stirrups and stretching them long.

Not much new to report with Cupid. He's been a bit on the lazy side, I think (at least in part) because he's not clipped and it's still pretty warm. He eventually works out of it though and once he gets going it feels quite good. I'm already starting to look ahead to next year's calendar!!
        http://trainingcupid.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I was sitting in a parking garage today downtown N'ville and sent a post. Well, it didn't go through and I lost it. I hate that. I'll try to recreate it.

Austen, did you go to London primarily to watch the Eagles? If so, how cool! I would love to do something like that.

As far as no stirrup work, I have done both. Now I kind of use a hybrid of both options. When I'm doing sit trot and canter work, I tend to have longer legs. I do, however, make sure my toes are not down. Then when doing posting trot work I have a more stirrup-like posture.

Sugar, I've started pretty much from scratch with lunge work, etc. I'm loosely following the 101 lunge and long line exercises book by Cherry Hill. And I take parts of that, and mix parts of others' ideas and just do what works for me. But I'm really wanting to get him used to voice commands on the line, etc. I'm hoping I can get him to do voice commands for canter so that will carry over to the ridden work. I actually have several books on ground work that I love to peek through at different times. If my round pen would dry up (no actual sand footing in it yet, so need to get it dry) I would love to do more "free" work in there. Good luck with the trainer! Keep us posted.

I did manage to get a ride in yesterday afternoon before the storms blew in. I rode TBG and managed to get a canter in both directions. I didn't do that the first ride back. But, BOY is that boy strong. Too strong. I need to work on that. He really feels like the 17hh OTTB with attitude that he is when I canter. I am not mad, as he's had quite some time off, and he was strong when I first was riding him as well. So we just really need to work on it and and make sure I am not getting too nervous. I'm not sure if I am doing anything wrong, but I bet I could be tensing up some. I'm trying not to, but he's a freight train. So anyway. On a positive, his trot work is coming along NICELY. So I'm happy with that. I will try to get one more ride in today before it gets cold out.

Last night we had tornadic activities here. One touched down probably five to ten miles away. One house collapsed (woman died, sad) and a mobile home flipped over. And of course with it were the t'storms. So with our phone notifications and warnings going off all night, we didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

Happy riding, all!

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
          ¯ Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Missed of few of you. TC, good thinking looking ahead to the calendar. I need to do that as well. I really need to take my ponies to a show. I think dressage to start. Just baby stuff.

Sugar, also, if you find you DO need to ride in your uncomfy boots, have you tried gel sleeves? I used those with my Tredsteps, and whenever I need to break anything new in. They were originally made for figure skaters I believe. Not sure if that is what 4LCF was mentioning, but this is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/CRS-Cross-Ank.../dp/B071HBSZLX

lucky, keep me posted on the spring sale. I've been to the Wallace Trailer ones a few times. Never found anything really, really great. But I'm always up to looking. It hasn't been the same since the Jaeckle Center had the sales. Those were great.
            ¯ Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Lost- what exactly are the tricks with boots that zip? I'm hoping to hold out for pull-ons but just in case I have to cross over to the dark side

Sugar- I love your description of Cash, Pony has definitely had the naughty thoughts as well.

TC- thanks for sharing your tall boot experience. I'm not totally hung up on any one brand, I just don't want to spend a lot, as in under $100, which leaves out a lot.

PF- I will definitely keep you posted. I may try my luck at French's too- they had lots of pull-ons the last time I was looking, before they moved from Columbia Ave.

Comment

• Lucky - since boots are a pain to shop for and break in, I personally would spend more upfront and get something better quality. Like I said the Tuffriders lasted me 1 year with 2 zipper repairs; Dublins ($150 range I think) were about the same and also needed zipper repair. My Ariats are one of their low-medium end ones and knock on wood they are holding up beautifully. There will probably be some good black Friday deals coming up!

Comment

• Lucky - I've had good luck with Ariats and Mountain Horse boots as far as zippers go. The brand I've heard to stay away from are (surprisingly) DeNiro's; my barn's assistant trainer got a custom pair just over a year ago and she's had to replace the zipper on each boot at $90 a pop. The first one just completely split less than three months into her using them and wouldn't re-mesh. The second zipper gave a few months after that. She's very much less than thrilled since they cost a pretty penny.

--

No stirrup November is in full swing - had my first full-out lesson without and didn't fall off, die, make a fool of myself, etc. My trainer likes to ease us all into things and treats it as a sort of post-show-season vacation for the horses (less intense flatwork, fewer jumps, etc.) and we took a good number of breaks. I've been doing well so far developing my stamina at the posting trot and figuring out how to better lighten my seat at the canter so that Cosmo doesn't scoot forward so much. We also jumped a three jump mini-course (!) which is the most I've jumped without stirrups this far. Huzzah!

Comment

• 4leaf - Unfortunately, they rub right at the base of the zipper so I don't think mole skin would work. I want a pair of Parlantis, so maybe I'll put those on my Christmas list

TC - That's what I'm afraid of It would make for a very long winter if that's the case, but it really depends what kind of winter we get. Some years the ground stays frozen, other years we have that icky freeze/thaw. If it's a warmer winter, I don't see much turnout happening. I just keep telling myself it's temporary....we'll survive

PF - Ahh yes! My SIL has those gel sleeves and I always forget about them. I need to pick up a pair. I also need to check out that book, I'm terrible at groundwork and need some ideas. When you are cantering TBG are you using the whole ring? When Cash is being strong like that, my trainer would have me keep him in a shoulder fore on a 20m circle, which would keep him from dragging me around and also kept him balanced. Or, we'd canter half a circle then back to the trot before he could build up steam. Just a thought. Scary about those tornados, glad you're safe!

Lucky - Haha yes....I can always tell by his eyes when he's in a naughty mood!

Techni - Wow! Good for you on a great stirrupless lesson, I'm impressed

Had a good ride yesterday, but still feel like Cash is a little NQR to the left. He feels the same way he did before I had his SIs injected so I'm a little concerned. I'm hoping it's just stiffness from being in his stall so much, but the last few lessons I had before he colicked and we moved barns we were jumping around 2'9" which is pushing his limits so I'm worried we overdid it.

Comment

• technicolor- great job with NSN! I'm working up my bravery to join in.

sugar- jingles for Cash-man. You're such a good mom to him

so I'm almost to the conclusion that if I can hold out for tall boots that pull-on, I will be better off than with zippers. With my luck, if I did get zippers, they would bust at the horse show.

TC- the one store I want to check out normally has loads of Ariats. I think I may treat myself to a field trip and go boot shopping next week, or at least boot looking.

Comment

• Hi All,

I rode for the first time since my most recent surgery. I was really nervous, but told myself it would be all good even if I just walked for a little bit. Turned out I walked mostly and trotted a little bit. I still have my surgical drain in, so I had to be really careful I didn't yank it out sliding off. We have a huge cavernous indoor, and that's what makes me most nervous. I don't know why. I wish I could get my confidence back.

I'm debating doing an eventing derby event the first weekend in December. It's a dressage test and a combo xc/sj round. It's pre-comp, which is max 2'3". I suppose I could just trot the fences if I got nervous. I'll wait til after my lesson this weekend to figure out what I want to do.

SC- I loathe tall boot fitting. I just bought a pair of used Vogels off eBay. They were wicked cheap because they don't have zippers. The calf fit, but I couldn't get my arch through the throat of the boot. I brought them to a local shoe repair shop for zippers. Hopefully, they don't mess them up too much.

You hate that, don’t you? Do you like oysters? You have to acquire a taste for oysters and the deep distance.”
                        -- George H. Morris on learning to love the deep distance

Comment

• Hi, MrsF. Glad you're able to get back in the saddle! It can be therapeutic! I'm wondering, though, if you're putting too much pressure on yourself with that timeline. I would really suggest to just take it easy and enjoy getting back on a horse, but don't yet force a timeline on yourself. The jumps may seem small "on paper" but if you haven't done it in a while, it will feel bigger. Make sure you're healed up and ready for the next challenge...on an easy timeline. Good luck.

lucky, I bought my Vortex and my Volants at French's in Franklin. You may luck out there. You just never know what they will have in the back there. I think I paid 129 for the Volants a few years ago, and 149 for the Vortex last year (both brand new).

techni, good job on your NSN! I'm skipping it this year since I've only been back in the saddle for a few rides. That's my excuse anyway!

sugar, I'm like you, I keep TBG on the circle when I canter, especially when he's strong. I should try to add some lateral work too. Sorry about Cash. Sending jingles his way. I wonder if you're kind of in the spot I was with Katie and she just didn't feel right jumping. She was fine on the flat, but it was a very tough choice on what I should do with her.

Speaking of Katie, I received another nice email from her current "mom" along with pics. She's doing mostly trail riding, competitive-type trail stuff, etc. She looks so cute in her western saddle! I'm not going to post it here, but if anyone wants to see a pic, send me a PM.

Am I being a wuss right now for not wanting to go out and work my big pony? It's cold out (to me) and I lack motivation. But tomorrow is going to rain. I SHOULD work him....but really don't feel like it. I'm totally on the right now. ACK. And losing daylight. Decision, decision.
                          ¯ Oscar Wilde

Comment

• PF- no condemnation here, it is getting cold. Of course it will be cold for my lesson Sunday- the low Sat night is 27 and I ride at 9:30. Thank goodness for long underwear and a covered arena Yes, I was hoping for the cheapie rack at French's. I'm going to wear my breeches to try them on- I have a pair that are roomier than another, so I figure they would take up the most room possible so I should wear those vs the skinny pair.

Comment

• Lucky - the best “trick” with zippers is to see if the tack shop has a chain with a hook on one end and a loop/handle on the other end. DD got one of these with her semi- custom boots. The hook and chain gives you some leverage pulling up the zippers. The zip pulls can be so small! Another is to squish your finger inside and help guide up the zipper, giving you a little space (and preventing socks/breeches from getting caught!) Good luck in your search.

PF - yes, the primary reason we went to London was for the Eagles game. But, I’ll use any excuse to get over there! I get over about once a year or every 18 months. My very favorite city! I always say that if I didn’t have horses, I’d have a flat in London. I hear you on the “do I or don’t I ride”. I had a lesson today as I told my trainer it was probably the last day before I started wimping out. High of 40* on Sat!?! Full chaps weather and DD as back up rider if G is too fresh! (She never minds popping on him for a bit.) Working TBG on a circle when he’s strong is always a good choice. I do an exercise of 10 strides trot, 10 strides canter, repeat as long as you like. 10 strides canter is usually not long enough for them to get strong. Plus, it’s great for my downward transition work.

Cupid - no stirrups at the walk is still no stirrups work! They say the walk is the forgotten gait. Much can be accomplished at a good forward walk.

Sugar - our barn is also particular about the fields and turnout when it’s wet. But as my trainer has a full service program (read: my horses and I are spoiled) they get hand walked in the indoor several times a day on rainy days. This week my trainer actually came in on Monday to ride them as we didn’t ride on Sunday due to a show at the barn and rain was forecast for Mon. and Tues. Winter can be tough! I’m excited to hear about your new trainer- hope it go’s well!

MrsFitz - I’ll echo PF, please don’t overdo! I’m sure riding makes you feel like yourself again but do be careful with yourself.

As mentioned above, I had a lesson today. First one in about three weeks. It went pretty well except G was sluggish picking up the canter. I’d like to think it’s because he’s so fuzzy (think: woolly mammoth!) and didn’t feel my aid but I’m afraid it’s more my position had deteriorated somewhat. My trainer had me drop my stirrups so my legs would be longer for the transition and he was an angel. Yay? I wasn’t quite ready for no stirrups at the canter (I didn’t think) but we stayed together so, I guess I was! You know you’ve worked pretty hard when it’s 50* and your half chaps are all sweaty! I think I might feel it tomorrow.....

Comment

• Well, I've survived the first week of twice weekly lessons during no stirrup November. It's flatwork only thank god. First lesson I was super nervous about falling off and only did at most one length of the arena. During the second lesson today I did two full laps at the sitting trot, multiple times - and it was a working trot too. I might end up getting the hang of this.

My instructor really focused on us being loose, relaxed, and not gripping. I really had to work at sitting back, as my first instinct when I feel unbalanced is to curl forwards instead of sitting deep and back.

I had a short hack this week too, and it was so weird riding by myself! I had the entire arena to myself. I worked a lot on my two point, trying to build up strength.

In regards to tall boots, I think I'm going to get the Ovation flex boots. I have huge calves, so my boot choices are pretty limited. I don't want to go custom because I'm still working on losing weight.

I like the flex idea especially, since unfortunately my Achilles tendonitis has come back with a vengeance. Right now I'm riding with the bottom of my half chaps unzipped, and I'm going to buy some flexible stirrups. The potential lease horse I tried had them on his saddle, and although it was a short ride it seemed to really help.

Does anyone record themselves riding? If so, what do you use? I want to record my hacks. I'll be in an indoor arena, and gps doesn't work there unfortunately. Ideas?

Comment

• Austen - Forward is the key word, I admit I get a bit lazy sometimes but I've been trying to be better about it.

WIP - I have that same tendency to come up over the neck when I get nervous. It's slowly getting better, but a very hard habit to change!!

Sugar - are you going to the game tonight??

Greys - I hope you're not close to this latest fire!!! We have smoke from the Butte county fire, even though it's over 200 miles away.

Due to the poor air quality I took it easy today, just hopping on Cupid bareback for a stroll around the property. I was kind of bummed though because the arena was full of the perfect tiny jumps!!
                                  Last edited by Training Cupid; Nov. 9, 2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Cupid - It's hard to be active when the air is so smoky. Glad the fire is so far away from you. It's amazing how far it travels!

Comment

• Watching the news and hoping all of our California reriders are safe - how terrifying!

TC - Yes!! Great game, can't believe we got a shut out! Were you watching? Hope the fires stay well away from you and Cupid!

Woke up this morning to snow and temps in the teens....BRRR! I don't think I'm quite ready for winter yet!

Comment

• Lost- way to do NSN

Jingles for all of our California re-riders and their horses.

No riding for me this weekend- I got called in to work Sunday and have family stuff today. I'm kinda glad, as the revised weather said low of 25 tonight.

Comment

• Ditto about Jingles for all California riders and their horses. I can't imagine anything more terrifying than out of control fires.
                                          ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

Working...
                                          X