Sport Horse Spotlight

Friend Or FoeęBrantGammaPhotos.WC7B1578

Real Estate Spotlight

McLeanJanet_Front1

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You´┐Żre responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it´┐Żdetails of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums´┐Ż policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it´┐Żs understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users´┐Ż profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses ´┐Ż Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it´┐Żs related to a horse for sale, regardless of who´┐Żs selling it, it doesn´┐Żt belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions ´┐Ż Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services ´┐Ż Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products ´┐Ż While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements ´┐Ż Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be ´┐Żbumped´┐Ż excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues ´┐Ż Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators´┐Ż discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the ´┐Żalert´┐Ż button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your ´┐ŻIgnore´┐Ż list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you´┐Żd rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user´┐Żs membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupid Wow that is so cool about the obstacle course. I wonder what Cupid first objected to with the cup obstacle. It sounds like a whole bunch of useful skills learned in one competition, very cool!

Sugar Really glad to hear your boys have settled in their new home. It's interesting how the injections can have multi-layered benefits to the horses. Glad to hear Goose is moving out a bit more, that's got to be a good feeling. Enjoy your city time, it sounds like you're already making the most of close proximity!

Dewey Hooray for Sky's trotting up sound and feeling great. I really hope you can make it to the finals with her. Do you think it will come down to what the farrier says? Fingers crossed he has nothing but good news?

PF Echoing others and checking in on Leo?

Vanessa Since I have a newfound respect and appreciation for being tired as a new mom (!), I can definitely relate to how that would impact my ability to ride well. Try not to beat yourself up too much. Any idea why Kohl was feeling a bit tired?

The vet came out yesterday. This is not the vet we use for injections and lameness but the one who has helped us with Sandro's ulcers. My lameness vet is still out on maternity leave. But this vet was just thrilled with Sandro's demeanor, weight and muscling. She noticed he has a little less muscling on his right side and flexed a tiny bit positive on his left hock.

For the tiny circles test of the neuro exam, it was interesting, he was very able to do exactly what she wanted going right and going left it was much more of a struggle. But for the tail pull test and walking over random rails and things, he showed a great deal of care in knowing where his feet were. So she doesn't think he is showing any neurological deficiencies but she thinks there could possibly be changes in the facets in his neck that could be causing challenges turning his head to the left and might be related to the tripping.

So I will hopefully have my lameness vet come out to xray and ultrasound the neck and look at his hocks. He may potentially need a bone scan, in which case, he will need to get shipped up the coast to the big clinic that does those. I'm hoping my lameness vet can see him soon.

Comment

• Yay on Sky looking sound.

I had to go back to see I had missed a post. I hope California gets rain as well.

Ben tripped on me for a whole lesson. Then Sim did as well. My instructor said I had improved and gone up a level with my riding. The horses had not yet but would quickly. Neither ttripped the next ride. It was not good for my back.

Next I would look at farrier work before thinking neuro.

What a shame my chiropractor goes to Japan but not America. I would take Sandro to him before doing all those things.

LOL TC that that was what upset Cupid. That reminded me of my pony club days.
      It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• Greys- continued jingles for Sandro, I hope the lameness vet can give more answers.

TC- that's so cool about the working eq class and the obstacle clinic. With the cone part, did you have to stand between the cones or parallel? I'm glad Cupid was such a trooper, I wouldn't have liked the jousting one. Reminds me of this one time we did a barrel game, you trot to one barrel, pick up the crop off the top, trot to the second barrel and set it down. This was before Ms. TurnNBurn was unleashed, and Pony spooked at the barrel and I had a hard time getting her close enough to even pick up the crop.

Comment

• Great St. Jude event today. More details later...I'm pooped. Here is a pic of our silent auction items. (I spent too much money, again, haha. But it's for a good cause, right? )
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20180929_140320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	10238538
          My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• PF- so happy the St. Jude event was a success, can't wait to hear more details. Did your knee hold up ok?

Pony was a bit of an ass today- part of it was me and part was her needing an attitude adjustment. She was fine with the whip cracking, even while we were going, but down one long side she was a total pig. I took my spurs off, as I've had down time this week and been reading too many threads. Turns out the spurs work better with me and Pony than without, unless we're at a horse show.

I ended up having to carry a dressage whip and used it a bit. I have panic issues with holding a whip, as all my head tells me is "pony is going to buck you out of the tack or run off". None of which has ever happened with Fab or Pony for that matter. Pony eventually realized straight is straight, not squiggly or half-cocked and all was well.

In happy news for the week, I have an interview Wednesday for PRN/part-time work closer to home. I've worked there before on a contract and it's a fun building.

In even more fun news, Fab is getting a new medium pony, a solid built one that I can ride She's 16, super sweet, knows almost nothing but offers no vices, according to the farrier's assistant that sat on her. She's a free lease from the same place as Straight Fire. Chestnut with a blaze, not unlike Benny's blaze.

Comment

• Longtime lurker, newbie poster here! I'm probably more in the range of low intermediate adult in terms of riding - I rode as a child, quit due to parent finances, and have been riding as a self-funded adult since April 2016 - but will soon be a beginner in terms of horse ownership, as I'm buying the horse I've been half-leasing from my trainer! It's been a long time coming but I'm both excited and anxious - as a childless person I have to wonder: is this what new parents feel like?

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Comment

• Suzie Thanks for your thoughts. Sandro is due for chiropractic, my lameness vet usually treats him but she's been out for maternity leave. She will see him this month. He has really outstanding feet, but I think being at the oaks on the hard ground caused some foot soreness in his left front, so we are adding rim pads.

Lucky That's exciting about the new pony! So good that you're getting lots of experience with new mounts. I think it might be good for you to practice riding with the whip and work though some of your panic issues. But maybe start with a shorter crop. I really don't like to ride without a crop or spurs honestly. I don't need to use them but just having them gives me confidence.

PF Whoop, look at all those amazing donations! Sounds like it was a huge success. How are you feeling?

technicolor welcome to the group! Having just become a new parent, I think becoming a new horse mom is almost as exciting and certainly less exhausting! I also think buying out of a lease is ideal, you really know what you're getting and that can make a monster difference. Do you have any pictures?

Well, amazingly, my lameness vet's substitute was coming to our private barn to see another horse on Friday. So I got to have her look at Sandro. He was slightly off in a flexion to left front and for sure both hocks flexed positive, especially the right.

We did all the flexions under saddle, which I've never done before, holy moly, I felt like such a jerk for not having him looked at after we flexed the right hind. It felt like a flat tire for sure. We did a block on the left front just at the foot, which immediately resolved it. He tested positive to hoof testers in one section of his left front. She thinks most likely, there's some compensating going on with tightness in his neck and soreness in his hocks, but still recommended rim pads. So more poverty for me!

For the neck, she recommended shockwave as both a diagnostic and treatment. If he shows improvement, she recommends doing regular maintenance with shockwave and if not, then we can xray and ultrasound.

Sandro got to just tack walk this weekend after the injections, which he thought was pretty terrific. It was actually kind of nice to just cruise quietly for a weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by greysfordays View Post
                  technicolor welcome to the group! Having just become a new parent, I think becoming a new horse mom is almost as exciting and certainly less exhausting! I also think buying out of a lease is ideal, you really know what you're getting and that can make a monster difference. Do you have any pictures?
                  Thank you! I knew this horse from when I first started re-riding (crosspoles and some 2' singles) and got to ride him a bit back then (I was head over heels right away!). But my finances weren't in a place at that time for me to lease or own - he was leased out to someone upstate until November of last year. I leased him starting back in March after having had a less than stellar lease on a horse last summer (horse ended up being a lot spookier/peeky at my barn than his owner's). We showed in the 2'3" hunters on my local C circuit over this summer and ended up overall division Champ in our hunters and eq o/f, reserve in the eq otf, and grand champion C circuit hunter - not bad for my first ever show season!

I've never tried to attach photos to a post before, but I'll give it a shot!

Comment

• technicolorpoetry, welcome! Your new horse (or soon-to-be new) is lovely. I'll look forward to getting to know you better.

greys, I'm jingling for Sandro so that you fix all his little aches and he'll be a happy pony. You're a good horsey mom.

lucky, they all have their days, don't they? Hey, good luck with your prospective job. Fingers are crossed! And thanks for your inquiry on my knee. Yeah, it help up. I wore the brace the whole time, and sat when possible, which wasn't as much as I would have liked, haha. But it's okay.

Sugar, glad the ponies are settled now. I'm sure it's just strange for them to change places. Just takes a little while. Your new place sounds like a really nice change of pace for now. Enjoy it, experience all the differences from life on the farm! And glad your new trainer loves your pony. It really seems to make a difference with how they work with you. Yay!

Regarding Leo. Okay, the vet said he ruled out Addison's and Cushings so it's just straight out renal disease. So he's now starting a renal diet and we'll go from there. Poor old guy. Not old, old, he's only ten. But I guess the bigger they are, that's old. He's over 100 pounds. Sigh. Hate when they get old. Thanks for asking. The rest of you, too, who asked, thank you!

Dewey, how was Sky? Did you get to ride?

TC, your obstacles looked like fun! They put the horses at the Secretariat Center (where I got TBG) through obstacles, too. I'm glad they do that.

vj, it definitely makes a difference when you're been off for a while, and when you switch up horses. Makes it a challenge! Don't be hard on yourself.

I was looking over the reining results for WEG and I think for the first round, WS was in 35th place. Robyn Schiller was in 29th. The next round, Warwick was 9th, and Robyn 7th. So not enough for medalling, but nice rides! I actually enjoyed watching that. I haven't watched reining at high level competitions before.

Okay, the St. Jude fundraiser was good. We didn't raise quite as much as we did last year, but a solid year. We had about 20 fewer riders this year (about 80 this year). But we did have a nice selection of silent auction items this year, so we did well there. I spent way too much money, but had fun bidding on items and supporting a great cause! In total we raised about 13,500 this year.

Well, it's raining again today. Last week was terrible. Saturday for the event, it was great! So yay for that. Today, rain again. Trying to schedule a lesson for DH, but can't do it with the weather. Darn it.

On a fun note, this weekend is RRP Makeover weekend and I'm really looking forward to it! Last year when I went I was divided in time between the event and trying TBG at the MMSC. We'll visit the ponies at the MMSC again this year, but I won't have it take up as huge of a chunk of time. Hopefully I won't get another horse, haha. We leave Thursday morning.

Comment

• Greys- what are rim pads? with the flexion testing, the under saddle part, was that while riding? I have zero experience with it all, so I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks for the crop advice- interestingly, my issues don't happen when I carry a hunter crop, aka The Crop of Power. That one was psychological for me and did nothing for Pony. So yes, I do need to ride with the dressage one to get myself over the strong aversion. Thankfully Straight Fire requires one, so there's that.

Technicolor- welcome. That's quite exciting about your new horse. He's rather striking- is he a liver chestnut? What's his breeding? I ride my trainer's horses, Absolute Magic, aka SuperPony (Pony) a top of the line large Arab pony and various others who need the work, mostly the QHs.

PF- I'm glad you got some answers with Leo, I hope it's an easy remedy. I've heard the special diets are not exactly kind to the bank account- my crew are 6 and 8, so I'm dreading when they get upwards of double digits. Will he have to have more vet visits to monitor the diet or do bloodwork? Have all the fun at RRP- can't wait for your report on that. I always like the videos you share, especially the freestyle or whichever one where they can do whatever skills in x amount of time. I'll never forget the undulating tarp the one horse trotted over, and the tackless work always tickles me.

I also discovered I have aversion to riding outside now, since I'm spoiled by the covered arena. The front outdoor is nicely panel fenced and Pony's been out there with others and apparently loved it and was better out than in. I'm hoping, when I lesson on horses not Pony, to then work Pony in the outside arena. It will get me over myself and not be in the way of lessons. It's what J did with Sweetheart last week. I was able to hang with her out there and encourage her to make Sweetheart stride out and jog/trot. She did well and I was able to provide some tips that Fab has taught me, which I loved to do.

Comment

• PF, I am sorry about Leo. I really hope he does better on the new diet. My mom had a large dog, a part Airedale, who had renal problems for the last few years of her life. The diet helped, so I hope it helps Leo also. I feel for you--dogs, especially large dogs, don't have nearly a long enough life span. It's so hard to see them start to fail.

I'm glad the St.Jude event went well. I have to confess--I have a box about half full of stuff I meant to donate sitting on my kitchen floor. I guess you'll have a head start for next year whenever I get around to sending it off! I meant to clean out my tack trunks and finish filling the box before I sent it. I will eventually.

Thanks for inquiring about Sky. I did hack her for about 10-15 mins on Saturday. It was hard because the IEA show was still going on, and there wasn't a good place to ride. But I trotted her a little. She felt much better--not lame, but I would hesitate to say she's really back. She was not stepping out the way she should. I will wait until the farrier re-shoes her before assessing again. On the plus side, Sky was very happy to see me--she nickered when she saw me--and was very, very happy to be put in the cross ties, groomed, and tacked up. Maybe I'm projecting, but I don't think so. We have a very tight bond. Others have also commented on it.

I checked the point results after the last show, and I am 3rd in the mini-medal standings thanks to Honey. So I definitely qualified for medal finals. Sky also qualified for Derby finals, which I was not sure she would since I had to scratch her from the show last month. Also, much to my surprise, I ended up third in the pre-children's/adult general equitation division, so I can go to the year-end banquet and receive a ribbon if I want to.

I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Originally posted by luckymaverick View Post
                          Technicolor- welcome. That's quite exciting about your new horse. He's rather striking- is he a liver chestnut? What's his breeding? I ride my trainer's horses, Absolute Magic, aka SuperPony (Pony) a top of the line large Arab pony and various others who need the work, mostly the QHs.
                          Thanks so much! He's a regular red chestnut with some chrome, 16.3h at 18 years old (though he acts and moves like a 10 year old). I'm unsure of precise breeding but to the best of my knowledge he's a Swedish Warmblood mix and has done a little bit of everything (had a long career in the A/AAs in the US and Canada in his younger years, then did several years of college equestrian team work at Michigan State, then did eventing for a brief stint before my trainer bought him for h/j up through the 2'9"-3').

Dewey - When are finals for you? Congrats on your success! I'm looking forward to my circuit banquet in November myself.

Lucky - We just moved inside for lessons last week since it gets dark so early now and I'm definitely already spoiled too! Stepped outside with the thought of hacking in the outdoor on Saturday and nope'd my way back inside.

Comment

• Technicolor, thanks and welcome to the re-riders. Medal/Derby finals are the weekend after next. I love the pics of you and your horse! Lovely, and congrats on a successful show season!
                            I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Dewey- congrats on all the qualifying, with both horses I'm so glad Sky is doing better and that she is happy to be in work. What's the difference in mini-medal and medal classes? I love to read class specs and whatnot, but it's been a while.

PF- I just remembered one of the trainers from Lebanon is going to RRP with 2 entries- Causn Chaos and Readthefineline. Fineline is dressage and Chaos is show/field hunters.

Comment

• lucky, who is the trainer? I will check him/her out. I wonder if I know him/her. I wish I had an indoor! I'm the opposite now, since I don't get in many. I'm slightly worried how mine will do inside when they're used to riding outside all the time.

Dewey, I'm proud of you for qualifying and for Sky qualifying. Good for both of you. Continued jingles to Sky, so that she is feeling A-OK soon. Sounds like she's almost there. And I'm happy to accept St.J items early for next year! Get a head start. Thanks for thinking of me.

Dewey and lucky, I'm researching the renal diets now. There seems to be about 5, but my vet poo-poo'd one already (the lesser expensive of the expensive brands.) So asking about my second favorite.

techni, sounds like you have a gem on your hands!

Comment

• Lucky - for the vet exam, I was riding Sandro while the vet evaluated him. She had me walk, trot canter. At the trot, she had me post on the wrong diagonal as well as do a few downward transitions from the canter to trot to see how Sandro's stifles were working.

For the flexions, she did them just as you would in hand except I was in the saddle. You have to post on the opposite diagonal of whatever front leg is being flexed.

Rim pad shoes have a pad just rimming the shoe, rather than a full pad. Sandro has great feet, so she wants to keep the frog open and exposed while still giving him protection for his foot soreness. My guess is he'll wear them while we show, but then go back to regular shoes this winter.

Dewey - wow, what great results for the year-end. Is it possible Sky is just a little stiff from not working regularly? I know that definitely has happened with a couple of my horses.

technicolor - Wow, it looks like you've found yourself an absolute gem. Love the pictures.

PF I'm sorry about the restrictions on Leo's diet. What are the requirements? A friend of mine who's older pup is on a restricted diet recommended the farmer's dog to us a while back. While it's pricey, I do feel like my dog loves it and he's been less itchy too. Really looking forward to your report from Kentucky.

Comment

• greys, the diet for renal care is low protein (around 13 to 18%), low phosphorous, low sodium, and adding Omega 3s. You would think that that is not that difficult to find in a regular food, but it's impossible. So they charge a boatload more for a really simple food. Sheesh. I'm tempted to make my own food. Is Farmer's Dog a brand?

Yes, I'll definitely report back from KY. I'm hoping going will motivate me and when I get back I'll be clear to start riding. I have an ortho appointment on Wednesday, and we leave on Thursday.

Comment

• My mom made the food for the dog I mentioned above, PF. She cooked for that dog all the time. I can't ask what she made; Mom is gone now--but I feel pretty sure it included rice.

Comment

• Lucky, I'm including the link to the PSJ site so you can read more if you like. The fact that you said you like to read class specs made me think you might be interested.

More or less, PSJ (an unrated but competitive circuit) offers several PSJ medal classes: pony medal, junior medal, and adult medal. The junior shows at 3' and adult medal riders show at 2'9"; pony medal classes depend on the size of the pony. The "mini-medal" classes are for folks who aren't ready for those. There are two mini-medal divisions, one at 2' and the other at 2'6" (the one I've been showing in).

The mini-medal and 2'6" Derby finals are in two weeks; regular medal finals are in November.

Thanks for asking.
                                        Progressive Show Jumping, Inc is a family owned and operated business founded in 1987, specializing in the management and production of equestrian competition at all levels including Hunter, Jumper, Open Western and Just For Fun. Its subsidiaries include: Progressive Stabling, providing temporary stabling solutions - Progressive Jumps, new and used custom well built wooden jumps, filler and rails - Highfields Event Center, a 60-acre event facility located just outside of Downtown Aiken South Carolina.
                                        Last edited by Dewey; Oct. 3, 2018, 02:17 PM. Reason: added corrections on fence heights

Comment

• Just popping in to say a quick hello. Not much new with me. Cupid seems to be feeling better, we've been keeping it light but he seems back to normal. I'm sure he'll still enjoy his chiro treatment next week. The working equitation schooling show is this weekend and I'm looking forward to it!

Greys - Sounds like mixed news for Sandro but hopefully he the proposed treatments will take care of it.

Paradox - I'm glad the St Jude event was a success and you made it through. I'm sorry to hear about Leo, I hope you find a diet that helps (and preferably isn't too expensive!) Hope you have fun at RRP, and get the all-clear to ride!! There should be a few good weeks left before the weather turns...

Dewey - Good luck at finals!

Techni - Congrats on your new horse!!!

http://trainingcupid.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                          X