• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Update to Forum Rules: Criminal Allegations

In our continuing effort to provide an avenue for individuals to voice their opinions and experiences, we have recently reviewed and updated our forum policies. Generally, we have allowed users to share their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, trainers, etc. within the industry, and that is not changing.

When it came to overt criminal allegations, however, those discussions have in the past needed to stem from a report by a reputable news source or action by law enforcement or the legal system.

We are now expanding our policies to allow posters to share their own first-hand experiences involving overt criminal allegations, such as animal abuse or neglect, theft, etc., but only if they publicly provide their full first and last name along with the post. We still will not allow anonymous postings alleging criminal activity.

So, a user may now make a specific claim against a named individual or company, but it must be a FIRST-HAND account, and they have to IDENTIFY THEMSELVES. Users have always been legally responsible for their posts, and nothing has changed there, but we want to loosen the reins a bit and further allow the free flow of discussion and information relevant to the horse community.

We are not providing a free-for-all of anonymous rumor-mongering. As enduring advocates for the welfare of the horse, we want to provide a forum for those willing to sign their name and shine a light on issues of concern to them in the industry.

The full revised rules are posted at the top of each forum for reference.
2 of 2 < >

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums’ policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar, Cash reminds me of Chico. He just goes and goes even if he isn't comfortable. I understand your hesitation/frustration. Jingles for him and hope he feels great soon.

Tiger, I LOVE that picture! The mare is lovely!!! I don't know much about her. Hey, I received the loaner hackamore today. Well, it arrived to our mailbox last night, but we didn't get to pick it up till today. We don't get mail at the house. (Darn mailbox bashers!) Thank you so much. Can't wait to try it. Or can't wait till DH tries it while I watch.

Dewey, well, I till still send my jingles your way. Stay safe!!!

VJ, I don't think you saw my posts on the Jazz/bit/hackamore dilemma, but we're testing him in different options. We did the rope halter thing, but he has too small of a head for my rope halter, and the darn thing was going into his eye, poor boy. So now I'm trying the hackamore route. (I had posted videos in an earlier post maybe over a week ago, if you're bored.) Glad to hear the boys are doing well. We missed hearing about them here.

Meg, enjoy the time off when you can. The horses enjoy it! And thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks, all, for your well wishes! I'll report back tomorrow. I hope for good news.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
      Just want to add that is a horse is carrying himself properly in self-carriage, he IS working his neck muscles quite a bit, and therefore it is not uncommon for them to show sweat in the neck. Just a friendly observation.
      Sorry I meant that it was cold and not sweated anywhere else. Sweat under the neck shows incorrect muscles being used from incorrect riding.
      It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• PF- I missed that! Just saw someone was asking about bit less options. I get it! My rope halter is a bit too big for Kohl too. It fits Ricky’s big wb head lol. I hope you find something that works

sugar- I’m sorry to hear Cash was sore but you are an amazing horse mom and you always take the best care of him. Don’t feel bad. XO. Happy to hear you guys ate doing well otherwise.

meg- as promised here are some pics of my ponies
        https://twodarkbays.myshopify.com/

Comment

• *** For anyone who needs a stall due to evacuation from Florence, Fab has a few available- Lebanon, TN***

dewey
          - jingles for the hurricane to de-escalate.

vj- so good to hear from you. what kind of business is it?

sugar- jingles for Cash-man.

Comment

• PF - I loved that little mare! I had more fun with her - I could go anywhere with her - never a worry. All bitless. She was the perfect parade / trail horse. And then one winter afternoon, I took a dressage lesson and knew I'd never be the same. A week later, my then trainer put me on Dodger for my next dressage lesson, because Kerry (my little chestnut mare was having none of that dressage stuff) and my heart sang because I had loved Dodger from afar for years and never, ever thought I'd be a good enough rider to ride him. We circled the indoor twice, I came to the middle, looked at the trainer and said, "he's mine. I know he's for sale, he's mine. I'll give you a deposit tonight or tomorrow. Whatever it takes." I didn't know it at the time, but she was supposed to finalize a lease deal that afternoon with h/j rider at the barn, that she wriggled out of so I could buy him . . . I sold Kerry the next weekend to the friend of a friend who wanted a solid trail horse . . . funny how things work out . . .

Comment

• Bitsa so many things to celebrate, lead change, bargain shadbelly, body doing as mind wants and then Bunny. You should throw a party to celebrate.

VJ if you think you can gloss over starting an Equestrian Business you are so wrong. We need ALL the details.

Meg I hear you with knowing one thing and doing the opposite. When Stars was very good one day I was standing at the door giving him sooooo many carrots while I was telling him how good he was, how happy I was with him and how proud of him I was.

It hurts me to squat. I have very short Achilles tendons, but I refuse to put my knee down when putting his hoof boots on. I suffer instead.

Tigre that is the first time I have heard how you ended up with Dodger. It is very similar to how I ended up with Vinnie and my instructor lost her Accountant over it.

We used to have a side saddle. I rode a few horses in it but I didn't really get into it. I think Mum sold it.

I did get home in time to work Stars as the swelling had gone down in the morning, but hubby called and said he wanted me to tack Dodge for him. I said no I am going to work Stars but when I went out it was fairly cool and then I remembered that Stars and Dodge are sharing a saddle at the moment so I tacked Dodge. He is the one losing his winter coat the most at the moment.

I was taking him up to the arena when I saw hubby's ute. I mounted as he came in the gate. I rode while he put the ute away, changed out of his uniform and grabbed his helmet. I gave him a few instructions and then said just walk, as I didn't want him to sweat with it getting cooler and heading towards dark.

Later that night hubby said he knows what he wants for his birthday. His birthday is on the first and they have now changed the public holiday for the Queens Birthday to October and it looks like it is on his Birthday.

For his birthday he wants me to warm up Sim and work him before he rides him and then he wants me to warm up and work Dodge before he rides him, because there is no way Dodge is that forward for him with being ridden for that small amount of time, as he is too busy saying he can't do it and hubby believes him.

I hopped on Sim this morning after he rode. I couldn't see the mountains to start with from the fog, but each round they came more and more into view, until I could even see the houses up there. He was a good boy. I permoxined him and hubby gave them there breakfast.

I will let it warm up a bit before going and seeing how Stars is. I have already put some Alogard on his leg.
              It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• tiger- what a neat origin story of you and Dodger. I needed a feel-good story, I've been reflecting on 9/11 and I needed to get out of my head for a bit. I did see a tribute I wasn't aware of- the Great Boat Lift, narrarated by Tom Hanks. Very moving.

Comment

• Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself to your lovely thread! I just started riding again after a fifteen year hiatus. 40 is sneaking up on me this year, and I’ve had back/neck and shoulder injuries in the past, so even getting on a horse was quite the gamble. But lo and behold, my back actually loved being in the saddle again! (My neck not so much, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.)

Anyway, I’m back to beginner status, but I’m in love all over again. I’m riding once a week, and trying to budget for two times a week. I’m hoping to lease in a year or so, after I’m competent again, and work, work, work to become the rider I always wanted to be.

I’m looking forward to chatting with you all!

To to those in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic, stay safe!

Comment

• We're in the "cone of uncertainty" at this point. Keeping eyes and ears open. I need to pick up cat food and will buy ice tomorrow. Then we will put lawn furniture, etc., away. I'm worried about trees coming down and flooding because it has already been such a wet summer.

Thanks for the good thoughts and jingles. The good news is that Sky got to go out last night.

I did have my lesson yesterday. I rode Honey, the horse I mentioned in my previous post. He was so good, and I really enjoyed him. He's a flashy chestnut OTTB, over 20, a lovely mover, and a horse who really knows his job. He's also 16.2, so I felt kind of small on him (it seemed like a long way down), but never unsafe or precarious. After I rode him, trainer remarked, "You're still my hero." I think she said that just because at my age I'm willing to get on a new horse and jump him around. The last time she said that, I was schooling a green horse who cleared a cross rail by about 5 feet--and I stayed on. Maybe I am kind of crazy.

We'll see who trainer puts me on next time--if I even have a lesson. The storm may change all the riding and show plans.
                    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Chi- welcome, so glad you found us. What setting do you work in? I'm an OT working in Skilled Nursing. Look forward to getting to know you. We do love pictures- my avatar is my trainer's pony that I ride, Absolute Magic, aka SuperPony (Pony). I have neck issues too, that I'm not about to get fixed, so I feel you. I'm glad riding is helping your back- perhaps the motion provides the gentle stretch you need- for the same reason that horses are so helpful with people that have CP/spinabifida or have had a stroke and are non-ambulatory.

Dewey- continuing to jingle, I can't imagine trying to batten down the hatches. So glad you had a good lesson on Honey- I'm with your trainer- you are brave. I'm contemplating riding Straight Fire again- more than just a walk- to get over my issues with her. I always like the idea of riding someone else, then I wuss out and ride my girl instead.

Comment

• PF - Jingling for great news today...something along the lines of "you can start riding this week" would be amazing!!

VJ - What handsome boys! How has Kohl been doing? And yes, more details about this business please!

Tigre - Love those pictures! She has the same little star Cash does and you know I'm a sucker for redheads! What a cool story about Dodger, I also didn't know that's how you ended up with him. Wasn't he a hunter before you bought him too or something? I remember pics of you jumping him at one point?

Chi - Welcome!

Dewey - I'm thinking you're a "hero" to more than one of us on this thread, actually ! Honey sounds like a fun ride and I'm glad he took care of you. Sending more jingles your way, stay safe!

Lucky - I'm the same way but getting better about riding new horses. I'm okay with flatting a new horse, but add jumps to the mix and I get worried.

Thanks for the jingles for Cash. He's pouting being locked in his stall - he usually can go in and out from his paddock so I was met with a very grumpy face this morning Poor buddy.

And because we like pics...Goose has a sassy new buck/kick out move when he's resisting going forward. Dressage trainer caught it on camera yesterday

Click image for larger version

Name:	Goose sassy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	10226125

And then cantering nicely

Name:	goose canter.jpg
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	10226126

And good old, stoic Cash!

Name:	cash1.jpg
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	10226127

Comment

• Thinking of PF and sending jingles! And thinking of and jingling for all who are in the path of that nasty, nasty storm.

Jingling like mad, Dewey! Keep you and yours safe! Great to hear you had a good lesson on someone new. Hopefully, for a few minutes at least, your head and heart were full of horse joy instead of all the legitimate worries crowding your plate. I had a little altercation with my neighbor (I'm finally going to involve the city bylaw office about her constantly escaping, poorly socialized little bitey/barky dogs), and arrived at my barn in a tizzy (I'd literally had my arms full of stuff, walking out to the car to go see Win when I had to go help them corral one of those awful little beasts in my back yard). As soon as I walked out and saw my girl in the field, that melted away. I'm on an antidepressant that works well for me, but I'm wondering if I'd have started if I'd already had Winnie B, lol! Good medicine! I hope you're able to get some more of it.

Vanessa, thanks for sharing your guys! I'm a big fan of tall, dark, and handsome, and OTTBs have a special place in my heart (even before Winnie, I love their minds, their sensitivity, and I've known plenty who weren't "hot" as they are said to be). Hope the business takes off, and I'm with Suzie, more info, please!

Tigre, thanks for reposting. Saw it this time. I'm so floored! What an incredibly cool experience! Think about that tattoo, lol. And your Dodger is gorgeous! I love your origin story! When you know, you know, right? Winnie was a bit that way for me. Horse ownership was not even on the horizon for me, but there was no real question when Sister offered her to me. The only questions were about details. I don't believe in destiny or fate, but my skepticism trembles a little in the face of my current situation. It's like the stars have been aligning for over a year to make this happen perfectly. Even my job, which I've had for a year and a half, seems custom-made for a life full of Winnie B. And so wonderful that you were able to find such a great home so easily for your little mare. Seems like your stars aligned some for you and Dodger, too.

Oh Sugar, that's so difficult! To now have to wonder if he's alright or just stiffening his upper lip for you. Just thinking aloud, but is there anything you can do as far as some sort of palpating or ground exercises you can learn to really test him out more, possibly find some ouchies he's hiding from you? I don't know much about testing for soundness/soreness (apparently I kept most of the horse knowledge I thought I had in my mom's brain). Mostly I just feel Winnie's legs for heat every time I get her out, and sit the trot for the first little while to feel her gait (I can't feel a light limp at a posting trot). Good luck with move preparations!

*hugs* to you, Lucky, for sharing info about stalls!

Suzie, I definitely know better and do worse sometimes! Reminds me of being a kid, having non-horsey friends out to ride. Teaching them how to keep a hand on a rump as you pass close behind a horse, how to never lean directly in front of or behind legs, etc. And then they'd ride in the round pen and leave, and I'd be basically under my geldings belly clipping his fetlocks, haha.

Hi ChiNurse! Welcome! I'm a newbie, too. I started taking lessons (never really had before my mid-to-late 30's, as my mom showed a ton back in the day and was always my "coach". Wow, did I ever start to learn how much I didn't know! Accidentally got my favourite horse about a month ago (well, she left Oklahoma for Ontario a month ago, I've had her just over three weeks, but who's counting?). Good luck getting back into the swing of things!

Sugar, you got an out-loud giggle from me. I love how absolutely poised and in control you look at Goose is doing his Goosey BS! My sis and mom are always filming each other, and Sis is GREAT at picking stills out of the videos. I enjoy the good pics, but my favourite are the awful pics! She messaged yesterday that she invented a new release which she calls the stagecoach release. She basically lost her reins right before a jump, and the still over the fence is HILARIOUS. She also likes to critique her position ("I call this Quasimodo goes a'jumpin") in those stills. Thanks for sharing! Cash looks great, too!

Had my barn time yesterday. My sweet Win, who used to sort of snarkily submit to the indignity of being groomed, will now stand in the cross ties forever without much comment, or even some gentle head nodding, "Ooh, that's the spot," when I find places on her face and neck she really likes to have brushed. I have to sort of work to find things that annoy her on the ground now. Touching her tiny little horse teats can still get an ugly face, as can vigorously brushing the parts of her thighs where foam forms up near her butt. Pretty much everything else is a-okay with her now, though. Mom still can't believe that I can brush her belly with NO comment from her.

Mom was grumpy last week, as they were getting a lot of rain (much-needed, as always in Oklahoma, but preventing them from riding), and I was riding a lot, so she was VERY critical of my selfie game. "Your selfies are kind of shit. You could be riding a 4-wheeler for all I can tell." Wow, Mom, tough crowd! (In fairness, my sis is the QUEEN of horse selfies, so I've a lot to live up to.) We worked on our selfie game yesterday, and will try to post some pics in the next post. Mom (having gotten to ride two days now since a 5-day layoff) approves of our improvement in that department. "Definitely not riding a 4-wheeler."

Win rode just the best, giving us what I think may have been our second breakthrough on contact/collection/headset. We made immediate progress from the one lesson with DT a little over two weeks ago, but we'd sort of stalled out, and she was only giving me contact intermittently, with rough ewe-necked transitions. Yesterday, *poof!* she started stopping in contact with a nice roundness, would transition to canter without putting her head up and out, and she actually got behind the bit for a while. I think that will resolve quite nicely as she figures out what I want (again, I'm learning *as* I'm teaching, so I'm sure she's getting some very mixed signals; smart girl is still figuring it out). She tries so hard!

From yesterday's "conversation" we had in the outdoor arena as we were cantering around:
                          Win: "Oh, Mom! You want my head down between my knees? Can do!" *offers that, dropping her head way too low and getting behind the bit*
                          Me: "No, WinniePie, DarlingGirl, not down like so. Just let me touch your mouth softly, and come in not out and up when I speak up, okay?"
                          Win: "Wha...? Um...*confused head shake, readjusts*...like this??"
                          Me: "YASSSSSSSSSSSSS sweetness! Just like that! Good girl! Now whooooooa sweetie, whooa."
                          Win: *whoas nicely, roundly, dropping her head*
                          Me: *neckpat*goodgirl*neckpat*ohmysweetgoodgirl*neckpa t*

We jumped around just a little after, and I'm much more comfortable, not getting daylight between me and the saddle, and feeling confident. Then we hacked out alone for a short ride through the fields to cool off. She's such a funny thing. About halfway to the point where we turned around, she just started screaming. About thirty seconds of big whinnies (and she's not much of a talker). Yet she was moving forward, head down, ears pricked, never trying to turn around or look back at the barn. Weird feeling to be on a horse who'd verbally freaking out, but who's body language says something completely different. My weird, darling Winnie B!

Comment

• Sugar - yes, he was - and we actually spent a summer doing a small h/j "circuit" and winning a couple of year-end divisions while toying with the idea of doing some eventing The eventing idea was a compromise, because I had fallen in love with dressage which Dodger tolerates, while he loves to jump and I rather like. Of course, that was before I came to my senses and realized I'd probably never get him around a cross country course - can you even imagine!

What a cutie Goose is! Sending healing jingles for Cash.

Dewey - we need to find you a super woman cape - you are a hero indeed. I can't imagine riding all the different horses you do! Sending more jingles for Sky and more stay safe jingles.

Welcome Chi!

VJ welcome back!!

PF - jingles for good news today! Did your DH get a chance to try the hackamore yet? Anxious to hear how it went . . .

Comment

• Ugh, still can't seem to upload photos directly. Keeps telling me failed to create the image. Boo. I'll have to put them on google drive and link again. Will get around to it, but need to go to work before I cut into my barn time. It's Winnie Wednesday! DT has me taking a pic once a week, same day, same spot, to see how she changes, and we do that on Wednesdays since it's easy for me to remember.

Comment

• https://drive.google.com/folderview?...iqJ5NqkxSredS0

That should link to yesterday's selfies.

Comment

• lucky - I hear ya on needing a feel good story. 9/11 hits me really hard every single year. I always somehow end up in tears - just a raw emotional day, no matter how you slice it. I remember my parents talking about Pearl Harbor Day, how emotional they'd get - now I get it.

Comment

• Quick update. Well, not good news, but not bad news. I'm not yet off crutches. BUT I can start putting weight on my leg using the crutches. So it is a start. No running for 16 weeks (since injury). I can start using a stationary bike. I did five minutes today to get me started. Next appointment is in three weeks.
                                    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Welcome ChiNurseReRider! You will likely be abbreviated to Chi. . I'm usually shortened to PF. I will look forward to learning more about you.

TC, all okay?
                                      ¯ Oscar Wilde

Comment

• PF - Thanks for checking in! I'm just catching up after being away last week. Unfortunately I came back to Cupid having a loose shoe, which is now a missing shoe (taking a page out of Milo's playbook Trot On), so I only got to get on him at a walk for about 15 minutes.

I hope everyone in the hurricane zone is doing ok. On a weather-related note, Cupid is starting to get fuzzy and the days are getting noticeably shorter. Boo!!
                                        http://trainingcupid.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sending good thoughts for everyone impacted by the Hurricane.

Thanks for the welcome back all. Sorry to be vague about my new business. It's a small tack and equestrian accessory shop that I started with some awesome ladies. We only have a few products so far but lots to come. Just doing some fun jewelry, horse treats, socks, decals etc for now and slowly adding more things. We don't officially launch until October 16 but you can check out the link in my signature for our site. It is still under construction so it wont stay as it is now. It's been really fun!

I had a great lesson last night that started off not so great. RB was hot haha. The weather has cooled off (yay) and he had a week off so the first 15-20 minutes were spent just getting him to settle with lots of 10, 15 & 20 meter circles with leg yielding and spiraling in and out. Once he settled thought he was perfect. We did a small gymnastic, one stride to a one to another one and slowly built it up. It was so much fun. I used to stress so much about multiple element gymnastics and I was able to hop through every time with confidence and fix any little mistakes easily. We focused on keeping the pace the same the whole time and on me being supportive with my leg and softening but not throwing my reins at him. I used to not be able to release hardly at all and then I started releasing too much for the size of the fences. I think I'm getting to a nice happy medium (hopefully).

PF- Sorry to hear you are still on crutches. That must be so frustrating especially in the summer. Sending jingles for a speedier recovery

Meg- Yes, my OTTB is as quiet as can be. He isn't spooky and is a really chill guy now that we dealt with his anxiety. That was a rough road for a while but I am very proud of the training I put on him and how it has changed him mentally and physically.

Sugar- I am so happy to see the awesome pics of Cash and Goose. I hope poor Cash isn't too cranky about his stall rest. I saw on my brief skim that you are moving! Did you move already? Kohl is doing amazing! He is so kind and quiet that a 12 year old has been riding him in her lessons. His jump is phenomenal. I cant believe it and he is so safe to jump around. I'm excited to get him going over some bigger courses. We had to step back to basics with him so it's been a process but he is really nice and what I hoped he could be.

Welcome Chi!

Sorry I missed some people! Will try to get on again later
                                          https://twodarkbays.myshopify.com/

Comment

Working...
                                          X