Sport Horse Spotlight

B&A Jump 1

Real Estate Spotlight

McLeanJanet_Front1

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzie - I'm glad everything turned out OK! But, don't you think your DH is going to notice the wounds on Star? They sound pretty extensive . . .

lost - very nice show report! Love the celebrity sightings!! Sounds like a fun lesson too!

Sun - I need to go back and watch the whole video. I started it and then had to stop - what I saw was fascinating.

MM - I think you are very wise to go back and stick to the more exp school horses. Build a solid base and your confidence - lay a good foundation - and then you'll be ready for anything!

vj - maybe you can find a used Mademoiselle? Continued jingles for Kohl and it sounds like your DH could use some and of course ((hugs)) for you!

Trot On - jingles for Milo and ((hugs)) for you - hope you get some answers soon!!!!

PF - love the kitty pic! Awfully tired of the cold myself. Although this weekend it's supposed to be in the 40s . . .

afm - hope your DH is continuing to improve!

Heck (((hugs))) for everyone!!!

S lined Dodger on Friday - a full session that included caveletti (6 in a row) and a jump (on the outside line) - which he loved!! He's getting so good with the caveletti. When we first started - poles would fly everywhere and he would get so excited, upset with just 2 - we'd have to stop.

I lessoned on Saturday - which went great. We tried a little exercise called keep your left hand on your left thigh. OMG - what I don't give away . . . homework is to do a bit of that exercise every ride. Sunday's ride went well.

Dodger had Monday off, I rode Tuesday and if you'd given me a quarter - you would have bought yourself a horse! Good god, it was like he forgot everything he knew. So frustrating. Yesterday was better. I'm hoping tonight will be better still.

Must be a run on accidents - new boarder took a tumble off her blanketed horse the other night (she was in the indoor with her DH, walking her horse) and broke her arm.

Still having a blast helping S with the young "FEI" mare in the barn. She is really coming along. It's such a joy to see her progress, to watch S's methods. I wish I was younger and had the resources - I'd buy a young horse and let S start it for me. I'd have a horse of a lifetime, that's for sure. Granted, she's doing a fabulous job with Dodger - but there's so much baggage to work through, it's a lot different than having a clean slate to work with.

Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket . . .

Comment

• Good thoughts to everyone who needs it - reriders, family, barnmates, horses. Too much bad news going around lately.

Paradox - I'm excited for your journey into dressage with the big guy! Even if it's only temporary it will help build a good foundation for the future. Cute kitty! We had a family cat growing up who used to love sitting right on my book or paper when I was doing my homework. Cute but disruptive!

Tigre - Can you explain more about the hand to thigh exercise? I think I have the opposite problem, my trainer is always telling me to not have my hand by my knee. Well when I'm on a circle, then when I go down the long sides my hands get too far forward. :/

Faye - Sorry about your friend. Did she already buy that saddle or was just trying it out? Who have you been riding?

I can't imagine how guilty I would feel if I stopped so hard I caused my horses to fall in the trailer. I've been thinking of getting a camera back there, but haven't really looked into it yet. I always ship in a leather halter, tie to twine, and use shavings (even though it seems counter intuitive to me but I was told it would make it less slippery).

http://trainingcupid.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I don't feel guilty that I stopped too hard. I feel angry and mad. I stopped as slow as I could and only put my brake on at the end and missed the car in front by barely 1 mm. By law if I had hit them I would have been the one at fault as the one that hit from behind but they are the ones that pulled out in front of me and it was roadworks so I was not going fast in the first place. They literally pulled out right in front of me. The first truck with trailer should not have gone. The one behind should not have gone either. The hire crane was on a trailer behind a truck and he virtually stopped once he turned onto the road. If he hired the truck and the trailer and the crane he is probably not used to driving it. If I had hit them the horses would have still hit the front bar and what happened would have still happened.

Hubby did put a rear view camera so we could see the horses. It is a fail. The horses are too far away from it and you really can't tell. It looked like 2 horses heads when only Stars was on the float. Bringing Sim home in the dark the camera was just showing black.

Hubby noticed the bandage on Stars of course. I just said he cut his hoof. The other injuries are under his rug.

Poor lovely Sim. Hubby and I have spoken on the phone even though we have not seen each other. One time he said Sim needed a bigger rug, I said yes, I think he needs to go to 6' 6". It looks like it fits when you put it on but when he puts his head down he pulls it forward and I have it on the biggest setting at the front already. He said yes it is rubbing him at the front.

Another time he said that I need to sew the tail flap back on Sim's rug. He has been rubbing without it.

I hopped on him today after hubby had lunged and ridden. He was so good and so forward. Hubby said it was the best he has gone. No lah di dah. That is because part of my homework is to pick up the reins and have them on the correct notch before I trot. He felt good. He felt straight. He felt sound.

I hopped off to put him away.

Sim was taken from me after he exited the float. I was told he was okay, just fine, he is relaxed and eating. I was so worried about Stars that I really forgot about Sim. Stars has been tended to, had sprays and lotions, been to the chiropractor, had bute and had liniment rubbed on him.

Sim has been forgotten.

He was down too. He was sitting like a dog. What on earth made me think that Stars hit the front bar and Sim didn't. The mark on his chest is from hitting the bar, not the rug.

And his butt. That rub is not from him rubbing at home. It is from him sitting back on the bar trying to keep his weight off Stars.

I have tended to him. I have apologised to him. I have permoxined him and sprayed him. I have hugged him. I have sewn the tail flap back on his rug. Upside down but the binding is better on the other side. He is already booked in to go to the Chiropractor when I take Stars back.
        It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• Faye- I totally get being nervous about Mr. Wonderful, however, I have faith in you. I'm nervous that Pony will be rideable Sunday, and I do NOT want to ride her directly after the stall rest.

PF- Did you join CTDA?

Comment

• Suzie - I'm glad both horses are doing fine and it wasn't worse. Scary indeed!

Cupid - we've always used shavings in the trailer. Absorbs better so it is less slippery, sort of clumps! I can only imagine straw would make it more slippery. I think I'd rather have bare rubber mats than straw.

PF - whatever incentive you need at this time of year! You guys have really had a rough winter so far

Lucky - you'll be fine on Pony just as Faye will be fine on Mr. Wonderful. You both know these horses, trust yourselves!

Afm - I love standing by the warm up rings! You do hear the most interesting things. Sometimes funny, sometimes profound and sometimes just plain wacky! I will occasionally post on my Facebook page "Things heard ringside". Entertaining as well as educational.

So, I had a true WEF moment yesterday. While waiting for Calvin to show, I was in the covered viewing area watching his warm up, within 5 feet of me were 2 Olympians (one gold medalist and one team silver ) And, Mr. Morris was at the in-gate watching. A few more international BNT are here as this week is FEI. Still triple digit entries in the jumper warmups and healthy hunter entries too. Even after coming down here for so many years I'm still in awe of the riders and horses.

Comment

• Suzie- Wow, I am so relieved to read that a few scrapes were all that Stars came away with. They can get some of those scrapes even getting cast in a stall. I would be angry as well, if you haul in traffic long enough the odds go up that some inconsiderate jerk will zip in front, or stop suddenly and cause us to stop quicker then our horses expect. Could have been so much worse if it had been a wreck - good driving. I have a knife, extra halter and lead, but keep the lunge line in the tack trunk to use. I will put in some boat line for emergencies. Thank you for sharing your story so we all can learn. Good thing they had their rugs and wraps. Sending healing for Stars and his good buddy Sims.

Lucky- I bet your wonderful trainer has a plan for getting the stall rest sillies taken care of, she might be perky. Maybe you can picture yourself channeling all that nice forward energy into some lovey movements.

Tiger - That's so great that S lines Dodger over multiple cavelettie and a jump, she really is a master at it. Maybe Dodger is trying to tell you that he loves all his workouts, and he is trying to convince you to keep it up. "Don't stop Mom or I might forget what I have learned".

PF - Joining the Dressage Association must be the horse persons equivalent of the gardener looking through seed catalogues. Anything to get us through winter. I have been looking at parks with trails and overnight accommodations for horses. We want to plan an adult camp out and trail ride. You and the big guy should have lots of fun spring and summer.

VJ - Sending Jingles that Kohl's eye feels better.

We started Milo on his Equioxx and he was sound the next morning, behaving in his paddock with his very boring buddy. Hubby was kind enough to meet the farrier while I was at DD's house babysitting (I babysit, feed, blanket, TO, AND do stalls - what a bargain and its so much fun) shoe was pulled, pad, packing and hoof were good. Hoof testers did not show any tenderness, making it look like soft tissue lameness. So we go with the week of rest and anti inflammatory and then see what we have. I have a call in to the vet to ask "what now? " He probably tweaked himself messing around in the pasture, so will just have to wait and see. I do have a ride on a school horse booked for tomorrow's lesson, and I am looking forward to see who I get.

Comment

• Jingles to Milo Trot !

Lost: Wow, that's so exciting!! I'm so glad you are seeing so many celebrities!

Lucky: I was never 100% comfortable riding Mr. Wonderful. I love how he jumps, but he can be very reactive (traffic, or gets mad if something happens). Now with his owner out, i may have to help get on her a bit more.

TC: I've been riding Mr. Wonderful, my trainers horse, and sometimes schoolies, and the worse one was the schoolie who bolted with me 3 times during the flat! I told my trainer i would like to just work on my position and work on the line since the course was super jumper-y.. thank goodness she agreed.

Tiger: Jingles to your boarder friend! I'm a little confused, how did she break her arm??

My barn is building a new cover arena that will alleviate some traffic issue, but the construction is making the barn a scary place to be. Another barn friend fell off a spooked horse (she put a ton of show sheen on her horse and saddle slipped!!)

Hope everyone is doing well! i have a week of travel.. hate it.

Comment

• TC - the hand on the thigh shows me how much contact I actually "give away" on that outside rein. It was quite the eye opener. And it sure makes you have to use other parts of your body (seat, leg) to accomplish other tasks - like doing a 20 meter circle or leg yields, etc. During my lesson, my arm got really sore trying to keep it there - so, I found a spare flash and buckled it around my thigh - voila - hook my thumb through it and mission accomplished. I have a feeling Dodger's forgetfulness was related to my new found contact plus addtional seat/leg - can anyone say "temper tantrum"!
                  Mom isn't supposed to have my number . . .

Faye - Sorry that wasn't very clear, was it?! She slipped off while riding "bareback" (her horse was wearing a blanket) and broke it when she hit the ground. Safe travels . . .

lost - You keep very impressive company

Trot On - I hope you had a fabulous lesson today. Continued jingles for Milo!

Dodger does like to work, but working on lines is a lot harder - it really calls them out on everything, much more so than under saddle. There's kind a running joke at the barn - that whenever someone is riding and S brings in another horse to line - all the horses under saddle are thinking "ha ha, better you than me buddy".

Comment

• I love watching the videos of Ingrid Klimke taking her horses over cavelletti. Dodger must me so advanced now.

Sigh Faye arms are easily broken. It happens a lot to kids especially young girls who put their arm out to save themself when they fall.

I just slipped off a pony when young. We were only walking, he went the opposite way to the way I asked and down I went. Mum yelling at me to get back on until she saw that my middle finger was touching the inside of my lower arm and thought she better get me to hospital.

I broke both bones in my right wrist.

Comment

• There are all types of theories to falling off. Tuck and roll. Don't try to hang on. Don't hang on to the reins.

Which is fine in a 20 x 60 or 40m arena full of sand. Not so fine if your horse has not be taught to stand still after getting a fright and you have a 60 klm walk home and hope your horse doesn't get hit by a car crossing a road.

Horses have no traffic sense. They can not judge when to cross a road of traffic.

Comment

• Tiger, glad you had a great lesson. Sounds productive with your hand-on-thigh exercise. Interesting! Hope you continued to have good rides this week. Oh, and I just bought a Powerball ticket, haha. I could use a few extra horsey bucks, too!

TC..now that I've committed to doing dressage with the big guy, am excited, too. Kitties are funny, aren't they? They love to be the center of attention.

Suzie, continued healings to your guys. (I would fess up with husband, though!)

lucky, YES! I joined CTDA. I printed out the show schedule. Now I just have to get out there and start riding!

Austen, We have had a pretty crappy winter! Last year I remember saying to myself, this has been a really mild winter. I guess I'm paying for it this year.

I'm so excited for you that you had that "moment" with the stars! How fun is that. Glad you're having a good time in FL. Keep on reporting.

Trot On, YES, it's exactly like the seed catalogues! I like that analogy. Hope you find some great trails. I would like to take all mine out this year to ride some trails. DH is not a huge fan of trail riding, but I now have my DN here who would love to go. Hope you had a good lesson.

Faye, cool about the arena. But yeah, it might be a bit nerve-wracking for a bit while they are building it.

Well, the weather is indeed better. Sunny and 40s today. However, this is what happens after the snow melts....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180119_133542.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	9995078

My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• Chico's too dignified for mud.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180119_133533.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	9995082

Comment

• PF: I'm so happy to see a pic of good o Chico!!!! But WHOA, the melted snow!???!! The "pasture where Toff lives is now a big puddle of SOUP, it's totally not walkable, my poor baby boy.
                            The cold, wind and crazy construction is making me unhappy, but yes, the new covered will be great!

Tiger: Ah, i was a little confused because i've never seen anyone ride a horse with a blanket on, just want to make sure i didn't misunderstood! I thought, maybe she meant handwalking the horse with blanket and slipped? Anyways, jingles to your friend! My barnmates surgery went well, and she is on her way to recovery!

Have to get on Mr. Wonderful for my friend, but I will stick with the round pen

Comment

• Oh PF, that "mud" picture!! Thank god a blankie took the brunt of it!!! I love the look on Chico's face - dignified indeed!!

Suzie - Dodger is much better than he was. But, it is a work in progress. So much "stuff" to work through, he still carries a lot of tension and is still learning to use his back properly. Don't get me wrong, it's getting there or he wouldn't be able to get through them at all (like at first - poles everywhere, literally ) But, I have decided that no matter what he will get lined every other week - I'll just have to make it work, because it's so beneficial for him. So lesson once a week combined with lining every other week.

And I have to say that I agree with PF, I think you need to fess up to the hubby about the accident. I'm not sure why the lessons were a secret, but a big accident like that, well, I can't imagine not telling my SO, no matter what the circumstances.

Comment

• Paradox - Lol Chico's such a good boy for not causing you extra work! Our pastures are total slop. Cupid is a total stall pig but surprisingly enough generally doesn't lay/roll in mud (of course I probably just jinxed myself!)

Faye - I'm glad you guys are getting a new covered, even though the construction must be pretty annoying with your number of riders it is definitely necessary!

Austen - Does GM still have students (like, in a regular training program)?
                                How are you enjoying the house? Are the horses stalled at the showgrounds?

Trot On - I hope Milo's problem is something minor!! And I hope you enjoyed your lesson on the school horse! As much as we love our own, it is always good to ride something different.

Cupid and I are gearing up for a dressage show on Sunday. Of course, and I may just be paranoid, but I feel like he has an abscess coming!! He's not lame, but I just feel a little something there. I've been packing his feet and hoping for the best! We were going to jump a little today to give him something different, but I decided to opt out and take it easy. I kept the quarter sheet on our whole ride, it is cold!!
                                http://trainingcupid.blogspot.com/

Comment

• TC...good luck!!! Please report back. Have fun.

Tiger, thanks! Yeah, Chico my cute boy.

Faye, stay in the round pen, that's good. Be safe.

I don't even want to think about grooming till tomorrow. It will be a chore. Jazzy's stall looks about the same as his blanket every day. Through and through slob. haa. Chico has a tidy stall on the most part. The big guy is in between. Maybe leaning more toward the slobby side.

Comment

• PF- That's cool about CTDA, my friend Shelley is a member too. She's the one who lost her horse last year- her new guy is quite cute, imported from TX I will let you know if we do any of the CTDA shows- I'd love to cheer you and Big Guy regardless!

Trot/Lost- Thanks for the positive advice about Pony. Historically, when she's perky, we do have awesome extensions.

Comment

• Paradox - Jazzy looks like "What? I'm perfectly comfortable here, I worked hard to get it just right". And the great contrast pic with Mr. Dignified. I am lucky that while my guy loves his sand pit, he does not yearn for mud. We can all relate to the pictures, thanx for sharing.

Cupid - Fingers crossed that nothing is brewing with Cupid's feet. Good luck and hope you have fun at the show.

I had a fun ride for my lesson today. I rode a large pony mare who would like her own person. Sweet mare, who is great at reading human body language. She tries to play a few games in the stall, but with very little correction backs quickly down. She has been a good school pony, but she really would like the consistency of one owner. The barn is working to find her the right match.

I used this lesson to really work on being centered, especially during our trotting and cantering figure eight poles course. I had fun doing a cantering jumping course on her, and could really see the strides and the distances to the fences. She has a steady balanced canter, so all I had to do is use my legs to shape the turns and prevent drift. It was wonderful to be able to pick out the distance, and then sit up and wait for it. The jumping was good to remind me that I can do it, and to stop overthinking my approach. It is nice to know you will have a consistent, height appropriate fence, instead of everything from a bunny hop, to 2'9". I love jumping Milo, but it was great to just work on me, that's why school horses are such saints. I got some good take away from the lesson, and someday Milo will jump like a schoolmaster - just got to keep working.

Milo has 3 more days of paddock loafing, then we will stop the Equioxx and jog for soundness. I told him sound horses get carrots and treats. He just snorted, he knows Mom is a soft touch. They cancelled this weekend's hunting because of footing and will just have the hunt breakfast instead. Everybody gets the weekend off. Here's to better weather, footing, sound happy horses, and as sound as we can be people. Whoops, the cat is calling me ...must obey!!

Comment

• Trot- glad you had such a good ride on the mare, she sounds quite fun.

PF- Meant to comment on Chico, he almost looks like he's laughing at the others antics, and perhaps he also is asking if you have treats.

Jingles for Fab please- her Mom passed away today. Her Dad passed last year. Her Mom had precarious health ever since a bad wreck years ago that left lasting internal issues.

Comment

• Trot- sounds like a great lesson! It is nice to be able to focus on yourself once in a while. Maybe the silver lining in the cloud over Milo at the moment. Hope that cloud blows away soon!

PF - that picture I don't even think of mud season until late March but I guess with the crazy weather it can happen at any time. And of course Chico is perfect! We wouldn't expect anything else.

Lucky - my thoughts go out to Fab. Having lost my father recently, who also had health issues, you're never prepared.

Cupid - fingers crossed that what you're feeling is nothing and the show goes on! Have fun! Re: our Wellington accommodations, we've always leased barns off the show grounds first when I was here with my own barn and now my trainer. We've been fortunate the past few years to share the same place with my previous trainer, Callan. We see her during the year at shows but it's always nice to have our little reunion every year down here. I love when DD and I are cooling out our horses and she is too and we have a little "walk and talk" session. My trainer also has a couple stalls on the showgrounds. Mostly for the hunters who show back to back days. Makes it easier on our grooms although our walk to the showgrounds is really only about 15 mins. I can't imagine having our horses in the tent stalls for entire circuit. But, lots of people do. Re: Mr. Morris, to my knowledge he doesn't really have regular students. I'll see him working with certain riders and their trainers through the course of the season. So far this year he's been at Calvin's ring as he has a few of his own horses - Tory Colvin has been riding. Last year he was in Australia as I recall for part of the season. He's quite the presence here and hard to miss with his red framed sunglasses!

Our week 2 is done and it was a good one! Both Oliver and Calvin finished on clear rounds (Calvin besting the #3 in the world in his 1.40 class - sorry, shameless brag!) DD started back in .80 to knock off the rust, she hasn't shown since Oct. and had a third! (and what would have been 2nd in her training class if they pinned them). So a good week all around. She heads back to PA for a week but I think our trainer will do her hunter next week. We'll head over tonight for the Grand Prix under the lights, first one as last week was the Battle of the Sexes. Everybody comes out for Grand Prix night. They live stream if you guys want to watch!

Comment

Working...
                                          X