Sport Horse Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of St. Jude mini jennet!!! Cute. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4wfar30jw...0Copy.jpg?dl=0
    My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• Paradox - so cute!! You wouldn't consider bidding on her?!? If you take one horse out she can keep the other company, it's perfect!
      http://trainingcupid.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Austen, that would definitely be a fun lesson! I do at times miss being able to ride in a lesson with others. Having my trainer come here is really great, but I do miss out on that socialization aspect of group lessons. It's been many years! Calvin!! Yes. Fits him!!

Tiger, I understand the self talk. I do the same thing! I can have a great ride on Katie, then she'll have a few days off and I can at times think that it's going to be a tough ride, and usually it never is! I just expect the worst at times and could kick myself. I guess the good things is, with Katie, I get on and ride anyway. And like you, I'm always happy I do.

Hey, it could also be your DT sort of filling you with "professional ride" thoughts to ensure her continued job. Does that make sense? Sure, MOST horses are going to do better with a trainer. That doesn't mean it's a trainer's-ride only horse. Don't let those types of comments get in your head. He's your horse, you ride him well!!!

Oh, and the ride is Sept. 26th. I'll take items up till the day of the ride. So, depending on shipping... Thanks for thinking of me!

TC...she's adorable. My DH would kill me, though, haha! But I wouldn't mind having one, that's for sure!

Comment

• On a personal note, my DN (niece) is in hospital. She has had issues with her intestines in the past. Stomach issues. She has had to have surgery. That was a few years ago. But it was bothering her yesterday and she was vomiting a lot, so went to hospital. They say it's possible the scar tissue is pressing on the bowel or something. So they watched her overnight, and say they want her overnight one more night to make sure solid food goes through okay. Poor kid. Though she has texted me and seems in okay spirits. Healing vibes accepted.

Comment

• Bitsa How exciting about the land! When will you find out if they've accepted your offer? Sorry about your challenging lesson, sounds like it was a tricky line and I'm sorry Greta didn't make it easier on you! We have one single diagonal set right now that we have all been struggling with. It's off a short approach and an odd angle and we've all been complaining about it this week because we all keep missing to it! Sometimes there are just those weird jumps that make everything a total pain! Hopefully next week the course will be changed Way to go on your counting, sounds like its starting to become a habit? And DD is DARLING, as is her pony! They are the cutest pair ever!

Sun YAY for the good jump lesson and for PH figuring out his own distances! He sure loves his poles, doesn't he? Silly horse.

PF Aw, glad you had a nice ride on Chico! Hope your back is feeling better. That mini jennet is darling! Is she staying at your house til the event?!

Aqua Marley looks great! He has definitely gained some muscle since the last pics you shared! I'll be anxiously waiting to hear what you decided about the barn situation! Hopefully you found a situation that will work out great for you both!

Lost Thank you for the continued prayers! Congrats on your youngsters 5th place finish - he is just gorgeous! I have been trying to do more "bootcamp" type exercises when I'm flatting by myself and have been doing no stirrups as well as the up-up-down. I really like that exercise, sometimes I get my leg too far under me which tips my upper body forward, this really helps me with that.

Suzie Aww cute horsie butts in the float! Will they be going to another lesson soon? That outback spectacular looks like fun! You and DH can make a date night out of it

Faye I'm so relieved for you that the concert is OVER. DONE. FINISHED!!!! You must feel like a weight has been lifted! Sorry about your foot, though I would definitely laughed if you'd put a sign around his neck and "shamed" him for it

Dewey Sounds like you had a lovely ride Saturday! Those quiet days when you are alone at the barn are some of my favorites. I also always hand-graze Cash after his bath, it's so peaceful just listening to them munch. Glad you and Sky had a nice day together Yes, the grumpiness while being groomed worries me too. He's always been grumpy about it, until the Robaxin. But now that I know it's physical (we always assumed it was just a behavioral thing) I want to get answers. The vet will be out next Thursday, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it!

PaintJ Congrats on a good show, and for getting a third in the medal! I've never done medals, so correct me if I'm wrong, but you got marked down for changing your lead then halting versus halting on the wrong lead? I would have thought you were more correct! Regardless, sounds like you rode great and that feeling where the jumps don't look scary any more is so comforting! Congrats!

Tiger Sorry to hear about the clinic, I don't have much to add, you've already gotten so much great advice, but it sounds like your trainer maybe has realized she overstepped her boundaries a bit. I am sure she is taking out some of the frustration of her lame horse out on you. Crossing my fingers things get better!

TC Ooh, I remember the not talking during dressage thing was hard for me during my brief stint as an "eventer"! Cash knows "WOAH", I mean if you say it over a jump, he will halt OVER the fence, he has GOOD brakes! He does not, however, halt as well without a verbal aid. This was our nemesis in dressage, we had subpar halts because I couldn't use the word woah! How fun your working on intro tests already! Any dressage schooling shows you could take him to just for fun?

Greys I'm so happy you and your mom had such a wonderful time at the Hampton Classic! I too, could just watch the warm-up ring for hours. How awesome! And yes, Bravo could certainly play at that level one day! You found a good one....one day I'm going to have to buy a Clinton baby of my own

VJ Ugh, I'm sorry about the saddle frustration. At least RB is happy, for now, in the borrowed saddle. He must like the change since he is moving out so much freer now!

Ivy Welcome back! Hope you had a good vacation! Congrats to DD on her show, sadly, my internet is too slow to watch the video.

Whew, I was way behind. I hope I got all of you! On the friend front, she is slowly waking up from the coma. They stopped the meds last friday (I didn't realize how long it takes to come out of a medically induced coma!) and yesterday she started following simple commands and today made eye contact. Things are looking up, but drs are thinking she will have at least a year in rehab. Again, thank you all for your support and prayers over the past few weeks. What a journey this has been!

We had an adventurous day Monday, a friend was going to haul over and flat with me and on her way over an SUV took a sharp turn too fast and crashed into her trailer. Thank goodness her horse is just fine, but her trailer was undrivable. I hooked up, put her horse on my trailer and took him back to her house while she waited on the police and a tow truck. The worst part was the people who hit her didn't stop, but they hit so hard they lost control of their SUV and crashed into a field a few hundred feet or so down the road, then they took off running on foot. The police found cold beer in the car Anyway, I am just so thankful that her and her horse were unscathed, it could have ended much, much worse!

Other than that, lessons have been going well. The vet comes next week to see if we can get to the bottom of the muscle soreness. I've also been trailering out to a park a few miles from the barn and trail riding once or twice a week, I think Cash really enjoys it, I know I do

Comment

• Scary, Sugar! I'm glad your friend and her horse are okay. You just never know, every time you get in the car. Sheesh.

I would love to trail ride with you. Let me know if you're ever in TN, haha.

Continued healing vibes to your friend. This is the first positive we've heard, so that's good!

And healing vibes as well to Cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
                On a personal note, my DN (niece) is in hospital. She has had issues with her intestines in the past. Stomach issues. She has had to have surgery. That was a few years ago. But it was bothering her yesterday and she was vomiting a lot, so went to hospital. They say it's possible the scar tissue is pressing on the bowel or something. So they watched her overnight, and say they want her overnight one more night to make sure solid food goes through okay. Poor kid. Though she has texted me and seems in okay spirits. Healing vibes accepted.
                Oh no! Poor girl, sending jingles her way

Comment

• PF - Oh my goodness - cuteness overload! Sending big healing jingles to your DN. I hear you on the training rides - and it's something I really need to sit down and think about.

Sugar - so glad all turned out OK with your riding friend. That is just so scary! I really get nervous about having to trailer anywhere - there are so many stupid people in this world.

Continued jingles for your friend and hoping she continues to make steady improvement.

So nice that you can hit the trails with Cash - sounds like you both enjoy it!
                  http://fromdressagehorsetocowpony.blogspot.com/

"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but our fellow re-rider Classy lost her Gabriel

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?474812-Head-vs-Heart-When-to-look-for-a-new-horse

"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

Comment

• PF: Healing vibes and jingles for your niece. I hope they find out what is wrong, and that she is out of the hospital tomorrow and feeling much better!
                      A canter is a cure for every evil. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiger Horse View Post
                        Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but our fellow re-rider Classy lost her Gabriel

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?474812-Head-vs-Heart-When-to-look-for-a-new-horse
                        That makes me incredibly sad.

Comment

• Thanks, all, for your healing vibes. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but our fellow re-rider Classy lost her Gabriel

How terrible! Thanks for sharing, Tiger.

Comment

• Originally posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
                              That makes me incredibly sad.
                              Me too!

Comment

Oh, no! I think about Classy a lot. She was a big part of the ReRiders thread for a long time, and she had a very special bond with her Saddlebred, Gabriel. I'm extremely sad to learn this.
                                I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• I hope she's coping all right. Does anyone know if she still has Rose? I know she had been looking to sell her, but last I talked to her, she had not.

Comment

• I wondered that, too, Paradox. I wish she would check in.
                                    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey View Post
                                      I wondered that, too, Paradox. I wish she would check in.
                                      I'm thinking that maybe right now, it would be too hard for her to come here and share her loss. Sometimes it's easier to say those words to "strangers".

Comment

• Update on DT situation. I am very annoyed, all over again. Another trainer from our barn had attended the clinic with us - she was very impressed with clinician and reached out to him concerning coming to our barn - he said he'd love to come!!

I am over the moon excited, couldn't wait to tell DT and lo and behold, all she had to say (after not saying a word for a minute, so long that I thought my call had failed) were negatives! Honestly, I just don't know what her problem is. I thought she'd be thrilled, esp if we can get on his schedule and make this a regular stop for him.

I really appreciate everything she's done for us, but this negativity is just a real downer. I know she's worried about her horse but why she has to suck the joy of everything for everyone else is just perplexing.

Comment

• Well, if Classy ever checks in, HUGS!!!! We're here if you need us!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X