Sport Horse Spotlight

8ISF-5732

Real Estate Spotlight

BB2

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twodarkbays.myshopify.com

Comment

• After 2 days off, I think that PH missed me. Or maybe he was glad I turned up with some carrots. He was super super good today when we rode-- very Zen horse. (PH is like a box of chocolates...) He was keen to work over some poles that were randomly scattered around the outdoor. The outdoor was very muddy and I did not feel like moving the poles, so we just played around on them in various designs. PH was very pleased with this. Once, I dropped the reins down to adjust my helmet or something, he gave a tug on the reins, and sent himself smartly trotting down a line of poles, on his own initiative. Strange horse!

As far as he is concerned, doing poles is just as impressive as jumping 1.6 meters!
      A canter is a cure for every evil. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

• Thanks greys You are too kind!

Sun - PH is quite the character!
        http://fromdressagehorsetocowpony.blogspot.com/

"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

Comment

• Tiger: you are a lovely rider and Dodger is just beautiful! I am glad things are going better with your trainer, maybe now it is time to schedule a short real meeting. I find if I make myself a short list of what I want to talk about I do better. I echo what Greys said, I know your trainer has had a hard time--and I feel for her--but you are her client and pay her to b your trainer and have your and Dodgers bests interests at heart. It will help her grow as a trainer if she can hear (put in a constructive way) what is a turn off for you. About 2 years ago our trainer lost two students whom she had coached for about 4 years and developed very nicely. She was upset about losing them, but more upset they never gave her a heads up as to what they felt they weren't getting. So she encourages us to talk with her before become a reason to leave. Not saying you are leaving--but keeping those lines open helps you and her in the long run.

Aqua: I am sorry for your boarding woes. Its so expensive. I think you need to figure out (write down) what are your top 3 or 5 "must have's" and then figure out if your current barn does or does not meet that. If adding 15 minutes of commute is out weighed by better footing--you'll know what you must have (and what you can live without). I think Marely definitely looks like he's coming along! So nice that he has a good brain and does not mind other horses in the arena. I think you have a good one!

Lost: Your youngster is amazing; how fun! I am glad to hear you say you think living in the country is worth it to the kids. We made our offer and are waiting to hear back!

Faye: so.glad.its.over! Glad you can relax w/out the orchestra stress. Go to the spa, treat yourself a little! Oh, and Bobby!!! He probably couldn't figure out why the ground felt uneven. Those funny horse shaming pictures crack me up. Yours would be extra funny because he's so huge and your petite

Sun: what can you say, PH wants to be a jumper! Sorry you're sore--I hope you're not getting sick, take good care of yourself.

Dewey: what a nice, peaceful time with Sky. I could totally picture it in my head.

Paint: great job at the show! There are so many tricks and rules for medals, I feel like its an as-you-go process. Isn't it nice when the jumps don't look huge anymore! It means your progressing, well done!

TC: If we build a barn I would not bring Greta home. She needs a regular program and I work too much (and travel too often). I would like to bring DDs pony home though. She's going to need a new pony in the next 6 months or so as she's moving up and needs something with more of a motor. But her pony is a saint and I'd love for her to be able to just hack him at home on the flat and then let him retire. Haahaa! I didn't know there was no clucking in dressage! I assume that means no swearing too? I'd better stick to H/J!

VJ: I agree with Greys--invest in a good saddle if you can that's right for RB, even if its older.

Greys: thanks for the compliment about DD; I just love seeing her grow. We lesson back to back so I don't get to see her ride much so watching her show is such a pleasure. Uhm, yeah...Bravo absolutely can be competitive at that level. He's amazing. You chose well. What a fun adventure at the Hampton classic. Those upper level folks are so amazing in the details they see and how well they know how it will play out. It's nice to hear how well they seem to get along.
          ------------------------------
          So DD had her show this weekend, which I opted out of. So glad I did. Saturday the wind blew so hard they had to suspend the show; Sunday it poured. I mean, open up the flood gates poured. The rings were like swamps. Lots of horses stopping, many nervous riders. Just yuck. DD's saint of a pony just went around like nothing was happening and DD was her fearless self. They did well in the hunters (saint of a pony is not super fancy...but a saint), and rocked the equitation, getting reserve champion short stirrup against ponies and horses. They also found out they won Circuit Champion short stirrup hunters for the season. She was on cloud nine:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...psrpo1bjsc.jpg

Here are some action shots from the rain day, it was like jumping into a water jump:
          http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...pssm9eblxr.jpg
          http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...psf5vjs0y5.jpg

Happy girl, wonderful pony:
          http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ps075uza3v.jpg
          http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ps2xsitqfa.jpg
          http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...psecswvjlh.jpg

Almost forgot--we are doing a clinic in a week and a half at the barn with Jeff Cook. I'm really looking forward to it. I did it with him last year and he was very motivational and positive.

I hope you all have a great week!

Comment

• BITSA - thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures! Your DD's smile just lights up the world, doesn't it?! And congrats to her on the big win - that's just super!

Thanks for the compliments! I think making a list is a great idea - it will keep me on track and after we discuss short and long term goals, I can give a copy to DT. I think having a plan will help us both stay on course.

"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

Comment

• Tiger - I have very limited dressage exposure other than being at a mixed discipline barn in my early years but, I think you and Dodger make a very pretty picture. What a lovely trot he has! I also hate to see video of myself riding but it's such a good tool. Thankfully it doesn't always look as bad as it feels.

Vanessa - trainer says we'll post the canter next lesson. She mentioned it casually as she knows how much I dislike it! Not doing it as it is also a wonderful balance exercise, but watching it I think it's so ugly. It's my pet peeve when watching hunter rounds. Yes, I know sometimes you need to get in your half seat to have a more effective leg going to a fence but not all over the course. And, especially not in a flat class. Drives me crazy! (Whew - glad I got that off my chest!) no lesson until Fri. though - too hot

Sun - sounds like a great ride! Love when our horses let us know life is good.

Comment

• Bitsa - I was posting the same time as you and had to come right back to say Yay for DD!! How wonderful! She is just beaming. Definitely a saint of a pony, that's a lot of water! Is he Irish by any chance? What a proud Mom moment. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• LOL Sun

Greys

<<<<<<<<He was so specific with Quentin about how his upper body could limit his horse's shoulders over some of the wider oxers and was like "be careful, or you'll have b of the triple down"...guess what, Quentin had b of the triple down. <<<<<<<

That is where we have to be so careful with talking positively. The brain takes out the negative word so when he said don't put your shoulders down or you will have B down. What the brain heard was put your shoulders down and have B down and that is exactly what happened.

Greys Years ago I had to take over a horse being put on a float at Mums. The guy had no idea and had been trying for ages. He didn't know anything about horses but had agreed to hire a float and do it by himself. I often wonder if people would do the same thing with an elephant!

The horse was too upset to take a food reward.

I did as above, and yes Faye standing on the float ramp and not moving when I click is a disobedience as well. I push the subject until they make the decision to either go forward or back. Forward equals ultra praise and food rewards. Back equals uncomfortable and start again. Before and during I will take them away from the float and get them moving forward from a click and halting with the word halt and the finger on the right hand up and back with the word back and the thumb on the chest and plenty of praise.

Timing is everything. If you have the wrong timing for anything you will teach the horse the opposite of what you want - so the horse will not go on the float and will run away from you instead of coming when you call.

So I used this method on the horse and eventually he started taking his food reward. Eventually he went on. I say eventually but you are usually finished well before 20 minutes, and I didn't let the guy close him in. I backed him off and put him on a couple more times before letting him do that. I could only give him instructions of how to drive and what to do at the other end and never heard about the horse again.

But hubby was amazed. He had never seen ultra praise before. He had never seen such patience from a person before. It didn't matter what happened - there is no emotion in training. No frustration. No chip on your shoulder. No grudge can be held and as I said I take a long time with the ultra praise and don't care if I look stupid doing it. It works!

It was good hubby witnessing that. He saw how I train and he trusts me. Of course he doesn't know any different either.

The guy who I learned it off about ....OMG I am so old.... about 30 years ago. He keeps seeing hubby in at work and giving him his DVD'S for free.

I feel guilty. I will book us in for a day clinic with him where he takes 'real' problem horses and shows you how to fix them with a BBQ lunch. It is nice to have a bit of money to be able to splurge on stuff.

The site for the new job went live on Monday. I have picked up a few 3 hour shifts which means I can do the pamphlet delivering over 2 or 3 days instead of 1. I did 3 out of the 5 hours delivering yesterday as my first shift with the new job is on Thursday and I am definitely getting fitter. It actually made me quite happy at how much easier it seemed. Going on the different days also means I can park the car in different places. I am getting an average of $50.00 a week doing them.

To celebrate the new job I have bought tickets to The Outback Spectacular. It is a theatrical horse show with a course meal and drinks.

www.outbackspectacular.com.au

I saved $20.00 each by buying tickets through Groupon. We have until December to use them.

I have not heard of the 2 up and 1 down for the canter transition. Why is this different to the normal way of changing rein by sitting for 2? I have heard that overseas you rise on the opposite diagonal in trot. Do you rise when the outside shoulder is forward?
                  Last edited by SuzieQNutter; Sep. 1, 2015, 05:57 PM.
                  It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by lostinAusten View Post
                    Bitsa - I was posting the same time as you and had to come right back to say Yay for DD!! How wonderful! She is just beaming. Definitely a saint of a pony, that's a lot of water! Is he Irish by any chance? What a proud Mom moment. Thanks for sharing!
                    he's half Welsh half Quarter Horse (thats the saint in him!)--thanks Lost

Comment

• Wow so busy this morning and yay at me being able to see the videos and piccies. AAAWWW and congrats to your DD Bitsa. I still can't get over how professional your jumps look over there.

Such a lovely horse and rider Tiger. In contrast I have all the problems!!!!! I can't put my heels down. I curl my wrists. Etc
                      Last edited by SuzieQNutter; Sep. 1, 2015, 07:58 PM.
                      It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• bitsa- big congrats to your daughter! Loved the earnest looks on their faces jumping

Comment

• greys - Totally agree with you about cost! I'm in NorCal so I can only imagine what the land some of these farms are on must be worth.. we're probably all getting a crazy bargain! Sounds as though you had an amazing trip to the Hamptons - so jealous. Have I mentioned recently how much I miss the East Coast ? Love your description of the warm-up conversations, and also your resolution to smile!

Tiger - Video! Hooray! Thanks for sharing you and Dodger both look pretty wonderful. It's alway so painful watching video of yourself but he's a lovely horse and you two appear to make a great team. Glad you're feeling better about the direction things are moving with DT, too!

Vanessa - Good to hear from you! I finally sat down and just wrote out what I think is important in a barn and why (to be fair - I feel like I've learned a lot about this even in the 2 months I've owned M!). That helped clarify a lot - and turnout, plentiful hay/forage, and trainer access really is key for us as well. Finally... ugh, saddles. Sending positive "let the saddle be adjustable" thoughts.

Austen - YOWZA!!! Both specimens in that photo are absolutely gorgeous Hope the heat breaks soon! My parents live in Central NY and my mom was locked in the bedroom with the AC on high when I called her last night. That I don't miss!

Sun - PH and his poles! I've become such a huge fan of poles in all forms - they're so fun and great for the horses, but less stressful (physically and mentally, I guess ) than jumping courses!

BITSA - Thanks for your words of advice re: figuring out what's really important with boarding. Very well-taken I did this yesterday and found it helped tremendously. The pics of your DD are AMAZING! I love her and her saint of a pony. Huge congrats on a successful weekend!!!

For me, two good days of work.

We're up to a solid 40-45 minutes riding + warm-up and cool-down; nice W/T/C session yesterday. Man, our canter is still all over the place but at least we can hold it for longer... and I'm seeing definite progress at the walk and trot. Did a bunch of basic lateral work as well - just leg yields and spiraling in/out on a circle - M seems to be understanding this nicely.

Tonight was a lunge night; I don't lunge more than once a week, but he goes so beautifully in the Vienna reins that I think it's a good break from riding and a good opportunity to work on transitions and strength without me flailing around on his back.

Finally, the Great Barn Decision 2015 is nearly at a close, I think... more soon.
                          Urban Thoroughbred

Comment

• I knew I forgot somebody! Suzie - the Australian Outback Spectacular looks AMAZING! I hope you're allowed to take pictures and video In seriousness - seems like such a fun thing! Glad work is going well and you're finding neat events like this one to attend.
                            Urban Thoroughbred

Comment

• I am so sorry for being absent so long. We were on vacation and then DD had her horse show. I am so proud of her. She did amazing for her. I must attach her video.Please excuse the video it was on my phone..

I have not ridden in about 3 weeks and will do so tomorrow, I hope I remember how! I have to catch up with you guys but there always seems like there is so much to do these days

https://www.facebook.com/ivy.dantico...type=3&theater
                              I hope it works....
                              Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
                              Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
                              "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Comment

• lost - thanks so much!

Suzie - Enjoy the show! And thank you - we have come a long way, but believe me we still have our fair share of problems. Just last night I caught myself curling my thumb to the side of my hand - not on the rein at all seriously, when did I start that?!

Thanks aqua - sounds like you and Marley are making good, steady progress - good for you. Glad your barn decision is almost over - I'll be anxious to hear what you have decided to do!

I am tempted to start looking myself - dressage arena was down again last night - h/j show 9/12 - working on getting rings ready. I get it, I really do, but it's just so frustrating! D arena is now set up down in the field by the pond, which is OK for weekend lessons. Not so good for nightly rides - no lights and pretty remote from the barn. If anything should go wrong, it could be a long time before anyone realized there was a problem.

ivy - I think your DD did a bang up job! Really lovely. Big congrats to her! It's not easy getting there - she should be very proud of herself.

Comment

• I had a really nice ride last night. Mostly walk-trot work with some no stirrup work thrown in. He felt really good.

Worked on everything the clinician mentioned and boy, it sure makes a difference!

I also had an epiphany of sorts - it doesn't matter that Dodger is "hard" or "not an easy ride" or "really more suited for a pro" - I have to let it go. No more excuses - it is, what it is - I just have to RIDE! Time to put my big girl panties on!!!

Comment

• Still catching up, as usually here lately. Just quickly, BITSA!!!! I ADORE your daughter and her pony. The smiles are so wonderful to see. I see a lot of kids with snarky faces and frowns at shows, so it is so refreshing to see a little girl who truly seems to adore her pony. Almost makes me teary eyed for some reason...I'm sappy that way.
                                    My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• Once again, trying to catch up. Sorry if I miss anyone!

aqua, good luck with the barn decision. It's not easy. And yes, horse may not totally care, but it's US as their owners that need to care, haha. So I'm with ya.

grey, I watched the GP streaming online on Sunday. Its was fun to watch. I was cheering for Todd! I like what you said about the riders being polite and encouraging even. I like that. And I like your goal. I will do the same next time I show. Glad you got to go with your mom, too! That's awesome.

vanessa, glad RB is enjoying the saddle. Saddle fitting is SO difficult! I'm still trying to get a fitter to come out. Sigh.

Austen, funny how we are all working on similar things. My trainer, too, had me doing the two beats up at the trot during my last lesson. I really still have a few balance issues since my ankle surgery last year. You would't think it would take so long! Plus I think I have a bad fit-for-me saddle which I'm fighting. That picture of your horse (what is his barn name?) is absolutely gorgeous! Love it.

Tiger, I loved watching your video! You guys look great. And you look very comfortable with him!! I hope the situation with your DT is working out! And good for you accepting what your horse is. Our horses are what they are. You're right. When we admit their quirks, then we can try to learn and deal with them. None of us has a perfect horse. There are many imperfections in the horsey world, huh? Just different flavors, haha. Good for you.

Have you settled into the new house?

Sunflower...PH is like a box of chocolates....hahaha. I love that.

Suzie, the Outback Spectacular sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy!!!

ivy, congrats to DD!!!

Let's see...I did get a few rides in. I rode Chico the other night, and he was a good boy. And rode Katie last night, and she was good as well. They weren't anything complicated. I postponed this week's lesson till next week just to be sure my back is A-OK. So far, so good!

Just found out someone is donating a mini jennet (donkey) to our St. Jude silent auction. Awww. I will have to get a picture of her.
                                      My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• Suzie - the two up one down exercise is meant to focus on your lower leg position and center of balance. (Which is why you "post" the canter also ) It's not to school transitions. However, in my case, it helps me get a smoother transition trot to canter. And Vanessa, it also brought to my attention that I need to switch my stirrups. Felt like I was off to the right a bit after cantering to the left.
                                        PF - great minds think alike? That is quite a coincidence that three of us are doing the same exercise! What a fun group lesson we could have. Youngsters barn name is Calvin and he's quite a character.

Tiger - I was having some personal problems a couple years ago and my sister, who is a life coach, told me to remind myself that "I am a strong and confident woman." Now I use it on those days when I'm not feeling so confident with my riding. Think of what YOU have accomplished with this horse "more suited to a pro". And, who says so??

Ivy - nice to hear from you and thanks for sharing. Love seeing the kids having fun!

Comment

• PF - thanks! I really do love my boy, quirks and all. And I really am mostly comfortable on him, once I'm on! It's amazing how worked up I can get worrying about the "what ifs" before I mount, luckily once I'm on, that seems to disappear!

All settled in the house - for the most part - thanks for asking!

When is the deadline to send stuff again? I have some things and need to get my act together! A jennet - pics are a must!

Glad you've had some good rides and that your back continues to improve.

lost - DT tells me that (more suited to a pro) at least once a week - I think she's trying to bolster my confidence, but sometimes it just makes me feel incompetent! I'm going to turn it into a positive from now on and remember - so what - I CAN and DO ride him!

Comment

Working...
                                          X