Sport Horse Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

Massey_web2

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL Rider. I trained a QH x Clydie at the riding school. Riding him is like riding a pair of old comfy shoes.

When I get back on a TB my personal thought is ah this is what a real horse feels like!
    It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuzieQNutter View Post
      I had to google ridgeling. My spellcheck doesn't like it either! I know it as a rig.
      My first exposure to the word (actually, it was "risling" in the text) came in My Friend Flicka, which I read over and over as a youngster. I did not understand exactly what it meant although it was clear from the story that the horse in question, the "risling," had a problem when the young horses on the ranch were gathered for the annual gelding. I figured it out much later.

Anyone remember Funny Cide? He had been a ridgling though the news stories used the term "cryptorchid." That was why he ran in the Kentucky Derby as a gelding.
      I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Dewey, I was just talking about Funny Cide. I was told that he was a pretty aggressive horse. I think they tried to geld him and he was still a tough horse.

My question is, is the horse called a ridgeling when he has on undescended testical and the remaining is gelding? Or only if he has one undescended testical and he's intact with the other? This must be hereditary since AP Indy has one undescended testical, yet of course he breeds. He is my new boy's grand sire. He's sired by Bernardini, which I am excited about. I've heard great things about his babies.

TC, wow, compare your pictures from then and now! Wonderful transformation.
        My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• Rider- sounds like you're putting in some great flat work! I, too, like to ride the Quarter horses at our barn. Their trot is so much flatter than the Arabs. Of course of the two Quarters, Sweetheart is an old WP horse and StraightFire is, well, just flat and smooth naturally.

PF- I was quite tickled to see your new guy's lineage. I love AP Indy and Bernardini.

Comment

• PF, I thought a ridgling was another word for crytptorchid, a horse with with one undescended testicle. If such a horse is gelded, he would be a gelding. However, when I looked up, I saw that the term can apply also to a horse who had an incomplete gelding procedure, and the undescended testicle is still n the abdominal cavity.

I know Funny Cide was an actual gelding. His descended testicle was removed so he could race comfortably. I didn't know about AP Indy.
            I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• MT: Mad shit crazy covered is the theme here! Our outdoor hasn't been open for awhile. This new barn, we rarely jump in the outdoor, so I am used to it and we do have half of the covers on certain times

Greys: Travel is already crazy, with a million trips to east coast and canada... you look absolutely amazing in the eq class!! You never missed a beat!

Pony: Quarter Horse is my favorite, as you all know, Toff is a QH!!

Toff's new mom informed me that Toff is trying to be the KING of the turnout pasture, so he cant really be turned out with others (as we worried that he will get his a$$ kicked), then he proceed to mount the ladies OVER the fence... OMG.

Comment

• PF - glad it’s all coming together with NG! I’m also interested in following your journey if you get accepted into the program. I really have no idea how that process works. Gook luck!

TC - I know very little about dressage but I do know a relaxed, responsive horse when I see one. What a lovely test! You were so in sync with each other. I really enjoyed watching it, thanks for sharing!

Faye - so sorry to hear about Mr. Wonderful. I’m sure it’s comforting to know how much he was loved right up until his passing.

RNC - I hope your old friend is improving but riding different horses will certainly help with your progress also. How nice that your instructors are noticing! That’s always a good feeling.

Greys - congrats on your great results! Equitation is my worst nightmare! Although I had a trainer in my early years that said my “conformation” lent itself to Eq. I said, No thank you! I’m sure your anxious to get over here and reunite with your boys! Safe travels.

DD had a short, but successful, start to her circuit. We had to scratch Lulu as she had a sinus issue so she only had one day to show Penny (before heading north to see her friend’s new baby), She was a bit discombobulated as they changed the ring her class was supposed to go in the night before. It shouldn’t really make a difference except the ring they moved it to has one of the smaller schooling areas, her nemesis. But she dealt, went in and had a nice trip. She was sitting in first when she finished with about 10 more to go. So we hung out, grabbed some lunch and she was still in first with one more to go! That trainer had a conflict at another ring but was “headed over”. 20 mins. later they showed up. It was worth the wait, DD won! I took her to the airport Sun. morning and while she was waiting for her flight she saw she was Res. Champ. too. Another proud Mom moment.
                I've been having some good rides and lessons, in spite of the Universe sending gale winds, galloping horses, fluttering birds, small shrieking (happily) children and guys power washing the fence across the canal. Seriously?? I did pass on riding yesterday when the temps. never made it out of the 50’s and we actually had wind chill warnings! In So. FL.?? But today was back to normal so I had a nice ride. Working a lot on my canter transitions, simple changes with an occasional flying change because G thinks he can read my mind.

Comment

• Lost- congrats to DD! I don't like any schooling rings. Man, you are sure learning to tune everything out and sit chilly- holy distractions batman

I have a lesson set for Sunday- had to schedule it before I chickened out.

Comment

• Dewey, yeah, the whole thing is a little confusing. And I'm not even sure the JC reports things correctly. I guess the records are only as good as those that report. Hopefully, though, this boy will be a gelding when he gets here, and not a ridgeling still. We'll have to test him. That would create a complexity that I hope I don't have to deal with. Ah, well, the journey begins!

Faye, maybe Toff is a ridgeling, haha. I hope he settles down.

lucky, glad you scheduled your lesson. I do that with shows. I just enter it so I have to work toward something, even when I feel I'm not ready.

Austen, your DD's class, how awesome. I love that. I bet you're a very proud mom! I know I would be. And be proud of yourself, too, for riding in those conditions. I hate distractions when riding. I swear, when I ride my DH comes into the ring with a shovel, to move footing (gravel sounding footing, at that) around the ring, or drags poles to different areas, or weed wacks around the arena. I know he's not doing it to bug me, but more to be around if something were to happen, but sometimes I think something will happen because he's around doing that. haha. I need to suck it up, I think.

I will definitely chronicle my journey. I think it will be a good year to do this and journal everything and post it for whomever wants to go on this journey with me! I'm sure I'll need the encouragement if I get selected.

For now, I just have to wait till February 15th to see if I'm chosen. Fingers crossed!

All, have a great weekend. I hope to ride tomorrow if possible. Rained for days.

Comment

• We have had rain. We are looking green again. Not all grass. Some type of ground cover but at least it is holding the earth together. The grass is starting.

Hubby just came in and asked me to put the car further in the carport as a storm was coming. I had asked how the drain he made a couple of weeks ago is doing. He said he needs to put it further around the drain had filled up with silt again

This had not been a problem for 17 years

I went out to move the car and hubby is shovelling the silt out of the drain and putting it in a wheelbarrow. I start grabbing the feed bins to give the horses lunch.

I then see him dumping the silt about 10 meters above the drain.

He completely ignored me when I said if you put it there it will just be swept back into the drain again.

Men!

It did start raining, but it stopped straight after.

Comment

• Hi everyone! Hope you are all well. Miss posting & chatting with you all. Going to read back & get caught up but I’m well & Ricky & Kohl are too!
                        https://twodarkbays.myshopify.com

Comment

• Glad for some greening Suzie!

VJ, so glad to see you!!

Comment

• Greys, awesome video! What a smooth round. I am tall like you and you have super posture, something I struggle with. You were soooooo smooth. I thought he took a canter stride in front of the trot jump but I couldn't tell from the angle, maybe a canter step is ok. Congrats, good luck in Florida, more videos please!

Regarding ridgling, first time I have heard the term. My OTTB was raced until he was 7, does exhibit studdy behavior occasionally, and has a lump on one side of his groin, almost like an embedded testicle. It's hard to notice unless you get right down there. Doesn't seem to bother him in any way.

Love this forum, read it often, seldom post but I hope to be better at that.

Comment

• It is good to hear from you Mulligan.

Faye one of the worst photos of an injury I have seen is a mare that was attacked by a stallion over a fence. One of those times when in a book store and I just opened the book to that page. I will have to stop doing that as another time I did that, with another book, was a picture of a particular spider bite after so long - and I still have nightmares from both photos. No I didn't buy either books.

Hubby and I also missed out on a 6'3" kez rug at a PRARG sale from someone he knew. She got in a new horse. The bottom of the pecking order his whole life. He attacked her lifelong love mini over the fence. He picked it up and was shaking it. It squealing as the life was going out, manure and urine being sprayed. I think the mini did survive, but she was so traumatised that the horse went back and she was giving away all the gear she had bought for it.

Comment

• PF- I would love to follow along on your journey if you blog it.

Fab said Pony was wonderful when I checked- after I scheduled my lesson. Gonna kick the Fear Bird out and layer up, with maybe the Vest for warmth as it will be in the 30s or 40ish when I ride.

Comment

• PF: I never heard of this term, LOL! Leave it up to Toff to do the silliest things. Did the weather cooperate so you can ride?

Lucky: Practice Bravery!! Thinking about you! I was reading someone's post on IG about trying out sales horse, but i think it can apply when we are worried. Pretend like you are a trainer, before you step your foot onto the stirrup on the mounting block. The confidence will help both you and your horse!! I channeled that yesterday when I was riding the baby and she had a little bit of a sassy moment on the flat. It worked!!

Report back on your lesson please!

Suzie: So glad its green!

VJ: Happy to see you here!

Austen: So proud of your DD!!! YAHOO on the first!

Lesson both Friday and Saturday. I'm loving having two lessons a week. When i first moved to this barn, i didn't like this at all, as finding time to work from my travel schedule is very hard, and i dont like the stress about worrying about work landing on my lesson day, but turns out this is not bad as they are flexible with makeups and rescheduling.

Friday i rode the trusted mustang, I love this mare, but i can't say that i ride her all that well. She has the reputation that would jump ANYTHING, but i have the talent of having her run out on me. The first time was the second fence to a small oxer, last minute she scooted to the left. Yeah, the distance was not idea, we didnt have the best canter pace. Schooled her, she got over it no prob. Second course- she did it again, and my distance was fine. (Its refreshing that my trainer doesn't blame everything on my riding!), i am sure i'm partly responsible, but we eventualy got over it and had a lovely course.

Saturday I rode the baby horse. She was fantastic. Didn't launch me like a rocket! I am FINALLY learning how to fold at the hips (not throwing my body forward, and not sitting straight up and down over the fence), not perfect but i'm really working towards that. I also noticed my legs are no longer swing back badly. Do they still swing, sure, but way better than before.

My goal of the year is to really focus on the natural folding of the hips and release, and fix my damn legs.

Flying out again for work. Hope everyone have a good weekend and some good rides!

Comment

• Faye- what a fun lesson report! Sounds like the extra saddle time is going well. I know Neena and Elsa are challenging and I'm proud of you for sticking with them. Back in the day, when I rode the Thoroughbred Sport Pony that would jump everything, she would duck out if I wasn't 100% committed and forward thinking.

Braved the cold and rode Pony. She was not exactly thrilled and tried to fake sleeping before I got on. The ride went well- I took off my spurs and, oddly enough, it relaxed me a lot more. She moved well and we even did some killer leg yields at the trot, both directions. Then, of course, afterwards, she stared daggers until I got her cookies

PF- safe travel jingles for your new guy and quick recovery from his procedure.

Comment

• Suzie: QH x Clydesdale sounds amazing! I rode a Shire as a kid, and I absolutely fell in love with big drafts - this was the horse I tried my hardest to convince my parents to let me lease. I still love going to Medieval Times and seeing all the big draft horses get dressed up and paraded around! I saw a beautiful Percheron cross that I still think about.

Yikes, with all that rain! I have somehow been very lucky to not have the rain coincide with my lesson time yet, though I swear it rains every Saturday and Tuesday to give me unneeded stress. We do have a covered arena though, so I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. The mud/clay here is a bit incredible - I had to go buy some muck boots last week because I could already see my paddock boots getting messed up with it all.

PF: Good luck with Mr. Ridgeling's upcoming procedure! Let us know where you decide to blog. 😊

​​​​​​Lucky: Oh yes, the Western jog really is a dream, haha, but also feels a bit like cheating! At least compared to WB who nearly bounced me out of the saddle on my first sitting trot attempt with him, oops! Sounds like your lesson went well, despite "sleepy" Pony! Am I the only one who enjoys 30-40F rides? 😂

Lost: Definitely. As much as I want to have one horse that I really get to know (lease and eventually own), I can see how that would be restrictive when you're just starting up again. Even just the 3-4 horses I've ridden recently have been so completely different, and they're all good lesson horses. Congratulations on your win!!

Faye: That's awesome you found a schedule that works for you - I was worried about squeezing in two lessons a week, but my barn is also really accommodating and flexible too so it's great you found that! Sounds like good lessons this week. 😊 Have you seen The Fit Equestrian workouts? I'm considering trying out the lower leg one, but I can't decide if it's worth it. I have some leg floppiness I'd love to improve.

___

I had my weekend lesson yesterday. I think I have fully transitioned over to the head and jumping trainer (between Sundays and Wednesdays) now. At first I was a little nervous about the change because my original trainer is who originally "sold" me on their barn, even though I knew he wouldn't be able to take me farther than basic flatwork, BUT I gave it some time to get to know both of them, and I'm very happy still. I rode a completely new horse—my third in 3 lessons, nice!—even though Mr. Old Guy was on the schedule, so I guess they're giving me a rotation. She was actually the first mare I had ridden since I was probably about 15, and that was "Spunky" the Arabian who loved dumping the other lesson kids. This girl was a smallish Appaloosa and very, very responsive; I could tell she had a lot more going on upstairs than the geldings I've been riding. It doesn't hurt that she has a very Cheetah-like Appaloosa coat, which has always been one of my favorite breed/coat combos.

I also just realized this morning that I hit 10 lessons (in the last 6 weeks), which is probably the most consistent I've ever been able to be before! I booked out another 8 for next month, and I decided to keep a riding journal since I often have a lot of thoughts right after lessons that I quickly forget but wish I'd hold onto! Has anyone done any journaling/reflecting on their riding?

ETA: I just heard that Mr. Old Guy said goodbye tonight. Not sure of the details yet but very sad to hear. 😢
                                      Last edited by ridernc; Jan. 27, 2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Rider I have not. We use this thread kind of like a journal and I have a memory like a sieve, but not when it cones to horses. I remember individual rides, competitions, lessons, just being with horses over nearly 50 years now.

Oh sure I don't recognize names and faces. You need to tap me on the shoulder if you see me in town and I walk past without recognizing you, but anything to do with horses I can remember and I have an anecdote about. Maybe I should write them down for when old age hits!!

For example: The first time Stars hurt himself I was at a loss. He was sound on the lunge in the arena. He would trot and canter outside the arena. He refused to trot in the arena. By saying that I mean when I asked he didn't. He tossed his head and when I asked again he turned as if to bite me on the leg.

I did not push more than that as I knew something was wrong. I continued to lunge him and ride him outside the arena as he was sound until he absolutely refused to go anywhere near the downhill part not far from home. That is when I said to Hubby we would take him to the Chiropractor and if he didn't find anything wrong I was at a total loss.

The chiropractor said he had pulled a muscle deep in his chest and it hurt him to lift his legs. The sand in the arena he has to lift his legs higher than on grass. It also hurt to go downhill. He was given 3 months off.

So about 2 weeks ago I posted that Stars was showing the same symptoms, he did not toss his head or turn to bite my leg. He just would not go and when pushed he would trot 3 strides and walk and when he is being an a###hole, as he has taught me how not to make him do anything, he only does it once and trots on happily. I immediately took him out of the arena and he went straight into trot. I halted him and dismounted. I told him I was upset with him for being so silly to hurt himself playing with the stallion next door and naughty horses don't get ridden.

I then hand walked him with tack on the next day. The day after that I rode Sim and told hubby he was foot sore. He has cut him back too much. He can get on him and just walk.

I started hand walking Stars around the paddock and realised that as hubby was just walking, I could go in there and just walk on Stars as well. So I rode him.

Then the rain, so the arena and paddock were too wet for about a week.

So for 2 days, I hand walked him around the paddock twice and rode him in walk in the arena. Zero a###hole moments. We did long and low collected and extended, halt transitions, a turn on the forehand both ways, shoulder in both ways, leg yields both ways and finished with 4 x 10 m circles on the 4 tangents of a 20 m circle both ways.

Yesterday, for the first time I had hubby put a bridle together. I have always done it. There was a broken buckle on Dodge's throatlash. So I got him to swap the browband and noseband, bit and reins onto another headpiece. He managed it without the browband, so I told him he needed to swap the browband, so as the noseband and browband matched.

WOW That took him a long time! Just undo one buckle, slip the browband off, slip the other browband on and do up the buckle, but he managed to do it back to front and different ways to figure it out.

This is a guy who can fix anything. But brought a bridle to me as I was lying in bed one day. It was twisted. I just took the reins and threaded them through the bridle and handed it back to him. He then stood there for a minute with the reins and the bridle trying to figure out what I had done, which makes you wonder how long he had tried to fix it before giving it to me.

So I had to go up this morning to fit the bridle to Dodge, as he did not measure the bridle to make sure it was the same when he created the new one.

So this meant that Dodge and Stars were tacked at the same time. I started hand walking Stars in his tack. I do this with reins doubled over the head and we walk side by side. Not this morning. Stars was in front of me. Hmmm yes looking like a horse not getting enough work, not an injured horse at all.

I mount as normal, walk as normal and then I get in behind Dodge and ask for trot and Stars trotted.

YYYYYAAAAYYYYY.

I asked again. YYYYYAAAAYYYYY. I asked for collected and forward YYYYYAAAAYYYYY. I asked for canter. YYYYYAAAAYYYYY.

Not one single solitary A###hole moment. A happy horse who walked, trotted and cantered and an ecstatic rider who can do more than walk on her horse. I am soo looking forward to tomorrow now.

Comment

• Okay, so one of my goals for 2020 is to get fit. I have been slacking for two years and the weight crept up and the fitness level has crept down. So I have restarted my Success in the Saddle DVDs. I worked out Sunday and Monday. Monday night my trainer texted asking if I wanted to do a lesson today. I had lunged Dante yesterday and he looked great, so I said yes. Once we started jumping, oh, my god, my legs felt like Jello. I kept having to take a break, how embarrassing. So, I want to get fit to ride, and in doing so I couldn't ride. Where's the justice in that? Ha. Sigh. Hopefully my body will start cooperating soon.

My lesson was fun but not easy. I really have to work on stretching my legs down. My knees tend to creep up, so I am working on that. I also recently acquired the habit of holding my hands with my thumbs pointing toward each other, which loses all elasticity, and I think I was starting to p'off my pony a few times. So I need to remember that. I "think" what is happening is that I want to make sure I don't get the long stride so I end up holding back too strongly. When I can actually do more than one thing at a time, thumbs up, knees down, hold, release down, it feels so so nice. But I admittedly sometimes concentrate so hard on my last biggest mistake, that the rest fly out the window.

Another lesson on Friday afternoon. I may ride Jazzy since my DH is in trial till next week Tuesday and Jazzy needs the work. I haven't lessoned on him in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                          X