Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

105 DSCN0687

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckymaverick View Post
    Dewey- almost forgot my one of my favorite winter products, Vaseline, or in my case, the knock off from Walmart with cocoa butter.
    Lucky Vaseline is no longer recommended to be used. More and more autopsies have found petroleum in women.
    It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• Lost: So glad you're feeling so confident after time off, that's terrific news. I should be finalizing my trips to WEF in the next day or two so I'll send those along and hopefully we can catch up, I would LOVE that. I answer to your question, I am absolutely DYING away from the horses, but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Dewey I've had the best luck with cuticle oil that's rubbed in a few times a day. Any really will do, it's the frequency with a little rubbing for circulation that seems to help.

Sugar Congrats on your new place, that's terrific! I'm praying you've experienced your last choke with poor Cash, oh my goodness. My heart is melting for your new puppy, what a love bug. You must be so excited. How is new puppy life?

Suzie I'm so sorry for your husband. It sounds like he's a bit sore but making progress. I hope his confidence isn't too shaken, glad you were there to quickly address the situation.

EqJ what a great round, it sounds like it's been going so well. She looks like she is really listening for your cues in front of the jump, what a good girl. Fingers crossed for the PPE, I know how stressful it can be waiting for that.

Mrs. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry about the lesson situation. I haven't been riding since mid november, and it's slowly killing me! I agree that talking to local tack shops could be really helpful. I hope something changes very soon!

Faye So excited your lessons are finding that balance of challenge and enjoyment and well done sitting through the spooks. That's so much progress in such a short time. I think I agree that the low leaning and can be a loss of balance. I agree with you that you need to push her up into the contact but every so often, you could also not giving her anything to lean on so she has to find her balance herself. It's hard to do in the moment, but sometimes the absence of an aid it more compelling than an aid itself.

PF I LOVED the video you posted on IG, I felt like Tay had a lot of activity behind, very cool! How have you been feeling about him?

I just got back from vacation and I'm planning my schedule for the next 3 months with travels to Florida and it's a bit overwhelming. The good news is I found a trainer who is letting me do kind of a partial lease on an eq sales horse so I stay in the saddle before competing in Wellington. I know it can sell at any moment, but I think it will be a lot of fun too! It just means some juggling of the calendar!

Hudson is doing amazing, he had his neck and back treated and he's finding it much easier to curl up and step under. My trainer sent me this video of him schooling and he just couldn't manage that deep distance that well before. He is loving the Florida life.

https://vimeo.com/381218529

Sandro is doing well, his ulcers are definitely on the mend. He is actually on an extended trial with a very BNT. They did him in a few classes, including the 3'6 performance hunters and despite not having jumped flowers in a long time, he was pretty good. Perfect in the jumper classes. The first round of the hunters, he did that hesitation to the first jump thing and I think that's why the trainer is hesitating. But honestly, I'm so impressed he is doing so well when he hasn't shown at WEF ever, let alone the hunters there.

The BEST news is he's living outside for probably 20 hours of the day and I think that's helping with both the ulcers and the spooking. My trainer checks in on him every day and says he is living his best life! I'm keeping my fingers crossed he finds a good home in that barn somehow.

Comment

• How long until Bee is out of quarantine?

Hubby wanted to lunge Sim himself, yesterday, so I didn't go up initially. Then I went and grabbed Stars.

I groomed. Sim is not going forward in trot without side reins. I call out more forward, and I had gotten as far as putting Stars' saddle blanket on and I had retrieved the saddle, when I could have heard trot on from the house. I looked up and said don't just ask, tap with the lunge whip if he doesn't go.

Hubby did just that and Sim kicked out at him and did not move.

I have NEVER seen that much disrespect from a horse. Certainly not one in training from me and he must have been ridden by me for nearly 10 years now.

Sigh I took off the saddle cloth and let Stars go. I grabbed my gloves and helmet.

I took over the lunge rein and told hubby that what I had seen was either absolute disrespect from Sim or Sim is telling us that something is wrong.

2 small taps on the rump with the lunge whip from me and Sim was easily and happily cantering lightly around without breaking.

So once again I lunged him. Slow and quick is so good. He is praised. He is forward. He does not put a step wrong on the lunge or under saddle with me in the middle with the lunge whip.

I told hubby when he asks Sim to do something he must do it when asked. Not a step later, not 2 steps later, not tomorrow, not in 2 weeks time, but when asked.

Hubby said that I had told him not to upset Sim.

No what I said was I did not want him to stress Sim. I did not want to see him coming back looking like he had run the Grand National. He was not upset that I had tapped him with the whip. He went out and cantered. He trotted forward and cantered in side reins. He trotted and cantered with hubby on him with me in the middle with the lunge whip. There is no sweat on his neck and body, so I have no idea what he has been doing to have Sim sweating from head to toe and a lather of sweat.

So I have been here playing on the phone while he has worked Sim this morning. I will work Stars this afternoon as I do not have to go into town to work today. Hubby needs to be able to work Sim without seeing or hearing me. I would like to get Stars and groom and tack him without having to leave him half way through the process.

He has been sent up with the thought of being more assertive.

He is back. He told Sim to walk on on the lunge. Sim put his head down to rub his face on his foreleg instead. Hubby pulled his head up and told him to walk on. Sim's reaction was WTF? Naughty Sim for swearing!

Sim then was good on the lunge.

Hubby said he was not as forward under saddle than when I am there but he was going forward and he did canter both ways. So it looks like he is not suffering from PTSD from the fall.

I did have a fear when he was injured that he might give up riding, but it looks like he is one of us now and back riding before his arm is healed!

Comment

• Yay that Sandro is happy. Do you have any thoughts of taking over riding him again and keeping him outside with plenty of hay and only grain of he needs it It sounds like they are still jumping him so you could be the one jumping him.

Comment

• Suzie Where I am in Southern California, it's impossible to have outdoor turnout on grass. I think the grass is critical. He was getting free access to hay and hasn't had grain in over a year.

We just do not have the water for grass turnout. Where I'm boarding in particular, I cannot turn him out overnight. It's a real struggle where we are bc land is so expensive. The average house in the community where I board sells for well over $4 million. We feel lucky to have a horse so close, but it is really hard to make sure they're happy.

I also think honestly watching video of him out there, that part of the anxiety he had was the anxiety I brought to the relationship bc of all our tough experiences. I think having a blank slate is helping honestly.

Comment

• Oh and I am happy to report that there was no pain from sitting in the saddle yesterday.

No a###hole moments for being asked to do anything yesterday. One small one when told to trot more but only for half a second. The next time he only thought about but then trotted on.

If you remember this is the horse that I used to work so hard to try and get forward that all I did was make myself feel physically sick.

Then he pulled the muscle in his chest and it hurt to lift his fron legs. He was not lame but he told me something was wrong by refusing to go forward, which has created the a###hole moments.

I am not taking lessons at the moment. It is too hot to travel a horse. The ute needs an engine overhaul before pilulling horses again.

But in under a week the A###hole moments are lessening and I am getting him forward. I am using everything that my instructor taught me on Stars'. Well everything that I remember!

I am so lucky to have an instructor with experience in so many different types of horses. Stars had my number, now I have his!

Comment

• Originally posted by greysfordays View Post
                Suzie Where I am in Southern California, it's impossible to have outdoor turnout on grass. I think the grass is critical. He was getting free access to hay and hasn't had grain in over a year.

We just do not have the water for grass turnout. Where I'm boarding in particular, I cannot turn him out overnight. It's a real struggle where we are bc land is so expensive. The average house in the community where I board sells for well over $4 million. We feel lucky to have a horse so close, but it is really hard to make sure they're happy.

I also think honestly watching video of him out there, that part of the anxiety he had was the anxiety I brought to the relationship bc of all our tough experiences. I think having a blank slate is helping honestly.
                Greys I hear you. We still do not have a blade of grass. Hay is hard to get and expensive. We put Twiggy down just because she was not being ridden and there was no point wasting resources on a horse not being ridden. She had been here 15 years and was part of the family.

I am not riding at the riding school because we are feeding boiled barley and lucerne chaff 6 times a day, so I am staying home more. We are boiling barley twice a day in 3 different pots.

I don't know if this is a long term solution or not. The horses seem fat and are loving being fed 6 times a day. We feed 2 biscuits of lucerne hay if I have to leave to go to work.

All 3 are fed the same. Sim did a manure near the tack shed and I had to remove it. It smelled so bad. Stars' manure does not smell bad. Why? When they are both fed the same thing?

We have sold the cattle down from over 70 head to 9. The bull and 8 heifers too young to breed. We have bought some sugar cane hay for them. This is on 100 acres.

This is a place that is set up for floods.

Hubby has bought a 1000 litre IBC container and is bringing home 1000 litres every fortnight for the house. At the moment the horses are still drinking rain water but it can not last forever.

Please, Universe, send us drought relieving rain for Christmas.

Comment

• so I spoke too soon about getting some Pony time, however this is not what I had in mind....

Jingles needed for Pony. Fab called earlier asking if I wanted to come over, as Pony was NQR. She wasn't passing manure and was listless and super snuggly. Vet came out and tubed her, which I had never seen before. I got to help work the pump and I kept Pony moving before and after the vet. Diagnosis was impaction colic.

When I left, Pony was happily sunbathing in a private roundpen, loving life. She had gut sounds in all 4 quadrants and she was lightly dozing. I'm hoping she will turn the corner and be right as rain by SuperBowl Sunday, the next weekend I could come out and enjoy her

Comment

• Greys - I caught the video of Sandro doing the WIHS class. For his first outing he certainly was holding his own! (Super cute all braided!) I was actaually on the show grounds Wed/Thurs as Calvin was showing. I’ll have to remember to put your guys on my radar so I don’t miss them! Do let me know your schedule! (And Faye, if you’re in Miami over the winter, love to have you come up for a meet up with you too!)

Lucky - hoping Pony is fully recovered! The changeable weather this time of year seems to be a recipe for colic. I’m glad you were able to be there to provide some comfort. I’m sure Pony appreciated it!

PF - nice job getting into the dressage saddle. It looks like a nice fit. I’m sure you’ll get back n the swing of it soon! (I have a tinybit of dressage experience from a year with an eventing trainer eons ago. I know enough to know what I don’t know!)

Comment

• Healing hhhmmmmss for Pony. It is so upsetting when they are not right.

My devious plan worked. I didn't ride Stars this morning and I can't ride him this afternoon because of a storm.

Hubby estimates 20ml in 20 minutes and it is still going. You could see it flowing out the window over the ground. The whole lot at once.

It is also saying 10 - 20 ml for tomorrow Christmas Day.

Nope he just went and checked 43 ml and a sheet of lightning right above us, it hasn't stopped but is light rain now.

It is so exciting. A phone call from his workmate as they are getting it now. He had just bought 2 x 1000 litre ibc containers to start transporting water for 40 head of cattle.

We have large roofs for the horses water tanks, that should put a lot in there, which I am so thankful for as I am filling water bottles from it for us to drink, as the town water has been going in the house tank. It should also dilute the town water as well.

I was starting to worry about us having to buy water for us to drink and if there would be a problem with the horses not wanting to drink town water.

it should all flow down to the flats and will hopefully put some water in the lagoon and we usually have water sitting in places that has been dry for so long. It will be morning before we see if that happens or if it all gets soaked in.

We won't be able to ride for a few days.

Comment

• Greys- love the video of Hudson. He just springs and looks like he's having studious fun

Heard from Fab this morning that Pony is doing better- eating and slowly getting more regular. It kinda hit me this morning that part of the reason Fab let me come out was that it could have easily gone south fast! Love Pony cuddles- it will get me through the long work schedule until hopefully she's better and back to work and I can ride again.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Comment

• Had a great lesson today. This was the first real jump lesson I have had in over a year, and to be honest I was a bit nervous. After my second jump, though, I felt really good about Tay. I really, really like this horse!! I did post one short video on IG. DH took a few videos before he had to tack up. I think the jumps I did after these were a little better (they were a little higher). I think it may take a little while to remember my position, etc., but I had a fun time!

Merry Christmas, all!
                          My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• Lucky, good to hear Pony is feeling better.

Austen, glad you will be enjoying some warm weather soon! It was actually really nice here today, around 66° and sunny.

greys, I'm loving Tay. I think with a little more time we will become a good team. Thanks for asking. Loved your video. (As always!)

Suzy, good luck with the water situation.

TC, all well?

Comment

• PF- your post made me smile! So glad Tay is working out so well- can't wait to cheer you guys on at some point, in person

Comment

• Thanks, lucky! I had a nice ride today. Four days riding in a row. It's been a while. I will love it if you make it out to any shows next year. I hope to do a few dressage and a few jumper. .

Comment

• We got up Christmas day and everything was fine albeit everything wet from the rain. There is silt under the car in the carport, half under my ute in the shed and we are higher than we were before from silt.

Hubby cleaned out the drain and I told him not to worry about the rest of the mud as we were supposed to get 20-40 mm so more mud would come.

I had a shower and dressed in my Christmas Outfit. I put all the presents in the car. Hubby fed the horses hay as we would be away. He had a shower and lay down on the bed and that was it. He couldn't get up without feeling sick and dizzy, so we cancelled and stayed home.

I looked after him and he only got up to go to the loo. I told him it was probably vertigo. He has suffered from this for years and doctors have been no help.

We only got 4 mm of rain Christmas Day.

The day after boxing day. I took him to the local hospital as the doctors were closed.

He lay right back on a chair with about 5 people in front of us.

So if you are ever in the ER and want to get to the front of the queue just mention he is dizzy and he came off a horse 2 weeks ago!

We were next in as could have a slow brain bleed. I felt a moment of panic when she said that, as I did not bring him in immediately, but he has never slurred his words or anything, there was no concussion that I could tell at the time.

They took him in and decided it was vertigo as he could touch his nose then her hand, then his nose again and her other hand.

They put a canula in his arm and gave him fluids as not drinking much from feeling nauseus and Semital.

The Semital worked. I picked some up on a prescription from a chemist. He only has to take it as he needs it, 6 hours apart and doesn't need to finish them if he doesn't need them. He is not allowed to drive while on them and not until he can turn his head normally.

I brought him home and went back into town to get the drug and do some work. I told him I would feed the horses when I got home in 4 hours.

By the time I got home he had fed the horses, retrieved more whole barley from the hay shed and boiled more barley.

This morning he lunged Sim and Dodge, which I don't think he would be able to do if at all dizzy. I would not allow him on a horse. If he is not allowed to drive he is not allowed to ride.

I lunged Stars and hopped on, but I did not like how it felt for his hooves to go on the half wet sand so I stayed in walk.

Today I caught hubby out working with the baby tractor. I said that not being able to drive usually also means to stay away from heavy machinery. He just said that babe is light machinery.

He is not taking a tablet tonight, so we will see how he is in the morning.

The drug has worked so quickly. He has had this the whole time I have known him. I am hoping this is the end of it or at least we now know what to do if it happens again.

Talking to 3 of his sisters they have all had it and so has his father, so it must be genetic or something. I have never known anyone to have it before.

Comment

• On the horsey side of things the last lesson I gave hubby on Sim. I could not get him to move his shoulders. I made him halt and I went over and held Sim. I made him do aeroplane arms and twist left and right. Yes with probably a cracked rib as I am mean!!!!!

I sent him out to canter on a circle again and low and behold Sim came around the circle with hubby moving his shoulders and hips and not using the reins.

Today Hubby said Sim was extra good on the lunge and not the same horse.

This happened before, if you remember, when he complained about Sim over reacting to his canter aid and me asking why he is using a canter aid he does not need. Use as little aid as needed. (and I wondered how long this had been going on and if he would have ever figured this out on his own!) The whole horse seemed to sigh and the canter changed, so much so that my instructor saw Hubby canter him and he turned to me and said he had never seen Sim canter like that before, not even with me. I said I told you the whole horse had relaxed and changed.

Sim for being a bully to the other horses and dominant with hubby on the ground, actually lacks confidence when being ridden. He needs confidence in his rider. As before, the simple act of hubby asking for a smaller aid for canter changed the whole horse. Hubby asking Sim to circle with his body instead of reins seems to have changed the horse.

Today we watched one of the DVD's I gave him for Christmas. I bought a little DVD player from a swap meet for $20. It did not have a power cord and I picked one up from the Salvos for $2.50.

It was the World Championships Freestyle when Edward Gal won 3 gold medals for a World record for that on Tortilas.

I got excited about that and went and looked and yes the Olymics when Carl Hester and Charlotte Djardin won is one of them. I will take it New Years Day for us to watch it on Papas big TV. I will take the cap signed by Carl Hester and give it to hubby to wear when Carl is riding!
                                    Last edited by SuzieQNutter; Dec. 28, 2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• PF- I'm trying to give myself more time off this next year. PM or email me when you have your shows picked out and I'd love to plan a day off to be a cheerleader I'm tentatively planning on the September show in M'boro at the Livestock Arena for my one show next year. I thought I could swing Alabama, however it's not financially feasible nor is it smart with my haphazard schedule and nerves. Better to stay close to home when I can have a Hard Lemonade at my leisure.

Comment

• Greys: How was your trip? Your IG posts makes me so jealous! I also have to say your baby boy is the CUTEST!! I love the video of Hudson, he seems like such a level headed baby and so steady on his approaches and loving his job! I am also super happy that Sandra is doing well, 20 hrs turnout is heavenly and unfortunately doesn't exist in our area.

EQJ: Still jingling for you for the PPE. You must be living on edge waiting for that!

Austen: I wish i can stay in Fl and meet up with you all! I am already really booked up for travel an/Feb and decided to go home straight from the meeting

Suzie: Yay for getting some rain! i'm so sorry about your DH. Did they not find out the cause of dizziness? I experienced a few episodes of vertigo (spinning) and that was not for the faint of heart. I really hope he feels better soon!!

Lucky: Glad pony is better!! Super amazed about your relationship with pony! Hope you can get some decent rides in!

PF: Tay is super cute! I saw your IG video and was thinking, how could she jump so high in her first jump lesson back!! Kudos to you!! Tay is looking lovely!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday!!! My trainer knows I have some times off and offered for me to ride the school ponies whenever I want for their exercise, since many clients are out of town and they don't have lessons. I gladly accepted and rode 3 horses two days in a roll! So fun!! This includes the baby that is pretty unflappable and two very well schooled ponies!

Hope you alll have good rides!

Comment

• Faye they just said it was vertigo. Hubby has not taken any tablets since last night. He rode Sim and Dodge this morning and has been playing on the baby tractor again. He seems recovered. The drug really worked.

Reading your post brings a tear of pride to my eye. I remember when you first joined this thread and all the questions you asked with an open mind.

Look at you now. I would now call you pretty experienced.

Comment

Working...
                                          X