Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

105 DSCN0687

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar, sounds like all good news!!! The poines sound like they're doing quite well, and the new farm, woohoo!! Happy for you.

What do you feed Cash? Have you tried wetting down his feed? I know choke is a scary thing. I hope you get a good idea from your vet on what might be happening. Chico choked twice, but it was once with hay cubes and once with pellets, so he gets neither now. He does fine with feed, but I'd wet it down if I thought he needed it. I did wet pellets for Jazz when we had him on forage only. I've switched his diet up, though, since then.

When do you get your new puppy??? LOOOOVVVEEE puppies!!!

DH had lesson yesterday. It went well. That pony can jump. He's not super schooled, but he has some raw talent. If only we could get a good season of consistent training! He has silly moments, and he wiggles in his in-and-outs, but when he gets to it nicely, he is snappy and cute.

I didn't ride due to Tay being off a bit. I didn't want to push it. I may tack up this afternoon and see how he does. I really can't wait to get consistent with him, too!
    My hopeful road to the 2020 RRP TB Makeover: https://paradoxfarm.blog/

Comment

• Such great news Sugar.

Sigh on him choking again. Hopefully it is just because of swelling from the first episode. Soak his hay and wet his feed.

We used to soak hay by placing it on a hessian bag and spraying the hay and the bag with the hose and wrapping it for a few hours. I have no idea how to do it in your cold.
      It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

• Just a quick note. Rode Tay Tay and he felt much better. Must have been because he just got shod the other day. Glad he is better. Had a nice ride.

Comment

• PF and Suzie - His grain does get soaked, the barn had him on Purina Senior, but after the second time he choked we noticed it doesn't break down all that well so I just switched him to Triple Crown Senior which pretty much dissolves in water. Hoping that solves the problem! He had two teeth extracted a couple of months ago, so I wonder if that is the problem...

PF - We pick up the new puppy next weekend! Kind of bad timing with the move, but we've been looking for a female FOREVER so we can breed Pickles once she grows up, so we had to jump on it.

So glad Tay is doing better and that you were able to ride today!

Comment

• Sugar- I'm sorry Cash has had some more episodes. Jingles for some answers with the scope. Congrats on your successful show with Lucca.

PF- I'm glad Tay is feeling better and that DH had a good lesson with Jazzy.

Comment

• Ohhh Sugar piccies are needed.

Well I went up to get Stars this morning while hubby was on Sim. Stars was on the other side of the 60 metre arena and when I called him he came at a brisk walk.

I groomed him and went to get the saddle and my horse had gone. Sigh. The best trained horse I have had at standing still but one day of letting him go in Dodges paddock has ruined that so starting from Step 1 again. I retrieved him put him in place, retrieved the saddle and saddle cloth and put them on.

I looked up to see hubby asking for Sim for a canter transition from a way not forward trot. I called out that he can't ask for a canter transition from that trot, he needs to have him forward for. He needs to give the inside rein and use his inside leg and get him forward.

Sim did not go forward in trot and hubby asked for the canter transition again. I saw everything in slow motion. Sim pigrooted twice and hubby was sent forward on the first one. Further forward on the second one. Don't ask me how but the bridle came off..... completely including reins. Sim was now in a fast canter and they made it up the long side and then parted company.

I left Stars and went at a run. I checked on Hubby first who was now on all fours. He said he landed on his side and he did not hit his head. I asked if he hit the arena and he said no, but there is a graze on his arm so maybe be did. I retrieved the bridle about 5 metres from him. It was completely intact with reins and throat lash done up. I retrieved Sim and put the bridle on him. I then left Sim and went down to Stars who was standing still when I left him. I removed the saddle and put his fly veil on and let him go.

I hopped on Sim and immediately go him forward in trot. Canter transitions were okay.

I gave Sim to hubby and he got on to walk him. I suggest he go into trot and ask for walk without the reins. He dismounted and said that didn't work and it hurt to pull on the rein so he hopped off. He also said that he had tried to jump off Sim. He had no bridle and could see the corner coming. I am guessing he didn't have stirrups. I am guessing that he must have somehow pushed his arms forward to get the reins over Sim's head as they were not broken. I am guessing that the bit was probably pulled through Sim's teeth.

I retrieved Stars and put his saddle and saddle blanket back on and went ahead and put the bridle and lunging gear on. He didn't want to back when I asked but did go forward without bucking. I walked him both ways on the lunge and then asked for trot. He did a manure, so I asked him to halt and went and retrieved the manure fork and removed the manure. I picked up the rein and whip and asked him to trot on and he did but he was very humpy. Putting the saddle back on and then not finishing grooming him, doing hooves etc because I had done that made a huge difference to him so I was in two minds about getting on with what I had just witnessed, but I did get on as I worked him in trot and canter and he seemed okay.

Hubby came up with the lunge whip and Stars is still napping when he isn't forward. We will see how long that lasts.

I was going to work tomorrow before leaving for work, but I am going intestate and into a different time zone, so I will have to leave an hour earlier.

I suggested hubby leave Dodge and do him in the cool in the afternoon after hubby's body has had a chance to recover. Nope he wanted to him now.

So a short time later he came down to the house to ask me to ride Dodge as it hurt to go out of trot, so I ended up riding three horses today.

I have told hubby to just lunge Sim for a week until he recovers. I might take over Sim's training for a bit as he is getting away with too much with hubby riding him.

Comment

• Suzy, hope your DH feels better soon. It happens.

Comment

• Sugar: Congrats on the new house!! Wow!! i'm so sorry Cash choked again, i hope you are able to find out whats wrong and get to the end of it. Hopefully the new feed is better for him?

Dewey: I have terrible nails too. Super weak and my cuticles are awful. When i get my nails done though, they look so good and i am usually more motivated to keep them nice. I have no tips though.

Suzie: Oh no!! i hope your DH is not too sore and gets better. I also hope that he doesn't have PTSD. That was a freak accident with the whole bridle came off!!

PF: Glad that tay tay is feeling better!!

EQ: news on PPE? I'm jingling mad for you!

I had some interesting rides lately. Friday i rode my barn mate's 17.3H horse, suppose to be lazy and takes care of his owner as she is very timid. I got on him, walked around, trot around and all of a sudden he spooked and bolted a few steps. He then kept doing it and my trainer offered to get on him (its refreshing since my old trainer would probably yell at me for making the horse spook). We ended on a good note after the fiasco.

Today we had a very fun jumping lesson. Rode the 4 year old and she is so tolerable of me! I kept forgetting the course (it's really convoluted!) We survived! She was a little heavy and pulled on me a lot, so my goal is to really push her to lift her head up, so we ummm kinda know where we are going and jumping!

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I'm on the last work trip of the year!

Comment

• Hubby is milking it!!! Needs me to get the teabag out of the box for him to have a cup of tea!

I gave him ibuprofen, then 2 hours later panadol and swapped every 2 hours. I hung his washing up for him and fed the horses.

He did get up in the afternoon and do a few things. He fed the horses their feed this morning and did not work the horses which I talked him out of. I said I will work the horses for him this week as I am home.

I didn't do any one this morning as I went to work i rang hubby and said I was home. He asked if I was doing Stars this afternoon. I said yes and asked when he would be home to come up with the lunge whip.

He said he can't lift the whip going one way.

I will take a scarf and tie it around his waist and put his arm in that. I learned that when I lost the use of my right arm. In the scarf you don't try to lift your arm without thinking. Going to lift it reminds you not to and it is also a visual aid to others that you are injured so don't ask you to lift anything.

He can use the lunge whip both ways with the other hand!!!! It is mainly his body and his voice as well I think.

Comment

• Faye- I'm sure you and Elsa are doing well or your trainer wouldn't keep putting you guys together Good for sticking the spooks on the big guy- that would have made me nervous. As far as her getting heavy on you, babies like to do that when they're not strong enough to balance properly, IME.

Comment

• I haven't been on here in sometime. I haven't been riding, unfortunately. I'm bummed because as soon as I started work in August (as a teacher), the trainer I was riding with didn't have time to fit me in her schedule. I understand a trainer putting her horse-owning clients ahead of lesson people, but it just depressing for me. Tucson is not a mecca for the English-riding world. The barn/trainer selection is limited, and I'm just finding that the ones I know do not have time to spare for a lesson girl. It sucks. I miss riding.

PS: I know you probably can't solve this--just want to commiserate.
                        You hate that, dont you? Do you like oysters? You have to acquire a taste for oysters and the deep distance.
                        -- George H. Morris on learning to love the deep distance

Comment

• Ugh Mrs. You need to find a place like our riding school. Group lessons done at night. If you don't have a lesson for any reason, you are given a makeup lesson. There are enough horses that if one goes lame another can be substituted.

Comment

• FDF- I'm sorry your riding is non-existant. I can definitely commiserate, as I only do lessons and don't own or lease. It's never fun to be treated as less-than just because you aren't a money-maker! Could your trainer recommend some other places, or checking any feed/tack/TSC type stores for options?

Comment

• Dewey - I have had multiple people rave about collagen improving their hair and nails, and apparently the one from TJ's is good. I have been meaning to pick it up myself. People add it to their coffee and other drinks.
                              Sugar - Yay for a good show and congrats on the house!!
                              Paradox - So happy to read Tay seems better!
                              Suzie - Wow, so glad everyone escaped from that mostly unharmed, I hope DH is back to normal in no time.
                              Faye - Sounds like you had some good rides!

Well, HITS went so well! I can't wait to show you the professional pictures I spent way too much money on. Friday we did the Ariat Medal, Dover Medal, and the 2 o/f and flat of the Adult Eq. Considering this was Fiona's first show in two years and third show ever, I was SO proud of how well it went! Each course had one jump that didn't go perfectly, but I am really okay with it. She started out so impressed by the two stride, but by the final course she was a pro. Saturday we finished up the Adult Eq o/f, where we had the best course of the weekend with the worst quality video - so bad I won't even share on here. Below is one of the o/f from Friday.

The PPE was scheduled for Tuesday and I waited at the barn during my allotted window (even though they were going to call me on the way) and just after the window passed my vet called to inform me the terrifying storm we were experiencing wasn't the best PPE weather. So now I have to wait until December 31! Ugh.
                              This is "Untitled" by EqJumper on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

• What a great video. I know you were worried about her handling the big show and she seems quite calm.

I wouldn't worry too much about the PPE, you have been riding her for a long time and she looked sound jumping on that ground. A horse that passes a PPE perfectly yesterday can have a career injuring accident the next day. You want a horse that you can ride and enjoy now. It looks like you have found the right horse to me. Enjoy her as long as you can.

Hubby had a scratch on his arm and a second toe looked purple a few days later.

I presume he has not broken anything as he can put his arm above his head, but it hurts once it is higher than his ribs. His toe is a better colour now.

He went to a doctor who said he thinks he has pulled a muscle and gave him paperwork for an x-ray. I asked if he had had the x-ray yet and he said he wasn't going to go as he doesn't think it is broken so no use.

I said it might show a greenstick fracture but I just looked that up and the green means young bones in infants and kids!

He has an appointment with a chiropractor this afternoon. I told him he will probably want x-rays as well and it is a pity he doesnt have it to take with him.

I have started training Sim and I have started riding Stars without hubby there. I am a bit sore so the next day I took the day off. My body is wondering what I am doing.

Still A###hole moments from Stars. He lunges perfectly. It has been when I pick up the reins. I can do that now with no problem. Then it was asking for trot. No problem now. Today it was when I asked for more forward in trot. I immediately start kicking. Both heels and I darn well mean it. I turn his head this way and that way to minimise any buck. I growl and tell him to get up and when he goes I sit quietly with no aides and praise.

Today he went into canter both ways with no hesitation when asked. By then I have had enough, so I trot with more forward a bit and then walk. By then I am sweat from head to toe and my hair is wet.

I ride Sim first, he is going much better. With Sim it is a case of he has to have confidence in you. I don't lunge first. I walk asking for long and low and then forward. Trot I keep the reins long and ask for forward. Then I shorten and ask for canter. He isn't really able to maintain it yet so I ask for trot after 1/2 to a third of a circle and ask again. He is getting plenty of verbal praise. I collected more in the canter today and he had more control over himself.

Today he was much calmer. I have done the same thing 3 days in a row, so he knows what is going to happen and what to expect.

Hubby said when he rode Dodge it hurt to trot. So time off for him. He can ride Dodge by himself when he heals. Sim I will go back to lunging hubby on Sim in side reins for awhile. It will do them both good.

Comment

• Sugar - congrats on the new place! I’m sure it’s an exciting time for you. I hope the move goes smoothly. Anything new on Cash’s choking? I hope he’s been ok.

EqJ - nice round! Bummer on the PPE having to be postponed. I’m sure you can’t wait for her to be yours officially. Did I mention I had a Fiona? Chestnut mare also. Brave as all get out. One of the special ones.

Dewey - no advice, I’m in the same boat as you except my nail issues are definitely seasonal. They grow great through the summer then cold weather hits and they chip and peel. I try to keep a clear protective polish on them. Sometimes that helps, sometimes not. (Currently, not ).

Greys - how are you doing being away from the ponies? I know it’s not easy!

Just got back from a quick trip to Wellyworld to visit the horses. My trainer has leased stalls in a different barn this year and it’s really nice. Definitely quieter not being on “the Boulevard”. We’ll miss not sharing with our former trainer but the quiet location is the trade off. We’re still within hacking distance to the show grounds but we don’t have any of the hustle and bustle. The horses have settled in nicely. I actually had a great ride on Wed. Didn’t really feel that rusty after three weeks off. Even cantered the first ride! Usually I give myself a day of just walking and trotting to get my feel back but, all felt good. So, another two long weeks until we drive down for the Season. And, I finally met Bee! She’s still in quarantine (should be released on Christmas Eve), and trainer #2 has been going every day to ride her a bit. She is a tall girl! I only saw her twice but she seems like a sweet girl. Excited for the future!

Comment

• Lost winter is worst for our skin because of hot showers and baths. The hot water is very drying for our skin which in turn affects our nails.

That is me talking in a hot country. I bet you love hot baths and showers in a cold country.

Comment

• Yesterday I had a tack cleaning session. I oiled the 2 x stitched stirrup leathers and put them on Sim and Stars' saddles.

I oiled the 5 sets of padded reins and gave 2 pairs to hubby to cut the rings (to stop a martingale going down to the bit I presume) off. I oiled the 2 new bridles and Stars' competition/lesson bridle. I put 2 of those reins on the 2 new bridles. The English leather one had green on the buckles. It doesn't seem to have affected the metal or the leather. It doesn't look like mould. I scraped what I could off with a finger nail.

I swapped Dodge's bit and reins onto the english leather bridle as the bit was thicker than the ones we use, it has a cavesson noseband on it.

Stars' competition bridle has a bling browband and a noseband that has white on both sides. The non english bridle has a browband that exactly matches the noseband on that bridle. I checked and the black noseband was actually bigger than the noseband Stars was wearing, so I swapped the nosebands so as the bridles matched. How lucky was that?

I did this session because the saddle I ride in looked so awful. I brushed the seat with olive oil and then you are supposed to put it in the sun to absorb. It drank it straight away. I ended up doing the saddle seat at least 10 times and laid the rest over to oil them so the saddle was done again.

Well it is a week since hubby fell off and hurt his arm.

TMI but last night he cuddled me with spooning several times through the night so I knew his arm was feeling better. It still hurts if he lifts the elbow too far, but he has full motion of his elbow so he can reach his head without pain.

I asked what he was doing and he said he was going to ride Sim. I said I would tack and lunge him and lunge hubby on him. I told him that the 2 of them need to kiss and makeup.

Hubby came up and helped with grooming. I gave Sim's bridle to Stars as that was actually Stars' bridle. I gave Sim the bridle with the white on the browband, I removed the noseband for the lunging gear. I lunged Sim and WOW asking for slow and quick he actually did better than Stars, who is pretty good at it.

Hubby said he usually puts him up to hole 5 when I finished. I said I was going to lunge hubby on him and 10 minutes is equal to riding for an hour without someone on him.

I removed the reins from the bridle and put them on the side rings on the lunging cavesson. Side reins off to let hubby walk and just get used to being on a horse again.

Side reins on on 3 and had hubby ask fot a halt trot transition while I gave the lunging aid. Sim looked great. We did slow and forward. I made hubby use more inside leg to ask for bend. I was able to keep Sim forward. Trot halt and I swapped sides. Halt trot and I kept him forward as this is Sim's better way for canter. I told hubby where to ask for canter and I asked as well. They cantered a circle with a fantastic trot transition.

I removed the lunge reins and put the reins back on the bit. I continued to use the lunge whip and voice aids. Sim trotted and cantered in both directions. He looked great and looked like a dressage horse.

Whew at least my PTSD is better. Hubby has the next 4 days off for Christmas so we will do that each morning.

I pointed out that Sim has walked in 2 directions, trotted in 2 directions and cantered in 2 directions without side reins. He had done the same with side reins on and then had done the same with side reins and a rider on and then the same again with the rider without side reins......... and there was no sweat on his neck or body. When hubby is finished with him he looks like he has run the Grand National and is sweat from head to toe. He is stressing him too much and needs to work with the horse.

Hubby walked Sim while I tacked Stars. Thesaddle looked great. I lunged Stars and hopped on him while he permoxined Sim and put him away and he groomed and saddled Dodge, which I said he could do as there were stirrups and stirrup leathers and a girth and 9 saddles for him to choose from!!!!!!!

I was on Stars' when he came up. My old style county dressage saddle absolutely covered in dust. I pointed out he had no stirrups. He needs a rag to take the dust off the saddle. He said riding would do that. He went to get stirrups. I checked Dodge over and the bridle was too high on one side.

He returned and I said he could not put non leather stirrup leathers on my saddle and he needed a rag to clean the saddle. He returned with the leathers and put them on and I told him he could take his shirt off to clean the saddle.! As he is not grinding sand into my saddle. He went and found a rag!

He fixed the bridle to my directions. By now I had walked and asked for a trot which Stars did but I returned to walk and followed Dodge.

When Dodge trotted Stars followed really well but it was no good with 2 horses in the arena. The dust Dodge was creating Stars would be breathing in, so hubby and I separated to our different sides of the arena.

One tiny A#### hole session from Stars and the next time he thought about it I tapped with the whip and he went on. I was super happy about that. I trotted and cantered both ways and finished with that......... because every part of me touching the saddle hurt!

All in all a good day with the horses.

Comment

• Dewey, I get dry skin on my knuckles in winter and I always get a split on the side of my thumb by the nail. This year I stared using O'Keeffee's hand cream and it eliminated the dry skin. So far the crack has not materialized on my thumb, but the year is not over with. The cream is not expensive so might be worth a try for you. You only use a little bit. I put it on maybe 3 times a day. https://okeeffescompany.com/products/working-hands I use the kind on the small, flat container.

Comment

• Dewey- almost forgot my one of my favorite winter products, Vaseline, or in my case, the knock off from Walmart with cocoa butter.

Lost- so excited for you! Good job being brave the first ride back. I shall remember your efforts whenever I get to swing a leg over again- hopefully early January

Comment

Working...
                                          X