• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumknees - I think your suggestion to move work to Florida is perfectly sound.
    While everyone loves this time of year, the shorter days, and winter (ugh) approaching gets me bummed!

Yay, Pony! So glad to hear all is well!

Things are still holding together for Bagavond. Got another round of shoes with new farrier. They are still a bit small, but he's doing so much to get him there. Weird how horse's hooves grow out inconsistently.

Anyway, we had a great lesson yesterday. We were actually out in the field with visiting trainer. Getting cool, a bit of a breeze, we are being trained in riding up and down hills, and while we are supposed to be trotting up a hill, he does his little jig and kick and buck. He has been perfect in the indoor, but I was hoping for some mischief with the trainer here. Whammo! I have now learned the art of spinning, and staying on! (Not like this winter, when I tried spinning, and he was still able to plant and send me flying...)

B was quite taken aback. Tried it a couple more times, and he was repaid in the same fashion. Oh, my! Found out afterwards he had thrown one of his new shoes. The farrier came right back, and B was almost asleep with his head in my chest while the farrier was finishing up. They seem so cute when they're sleeping!

But I'm truly enjoying all the progress.

Oh, and by the way, we are going to a clinic and hunter pace, or clinic and schooling show at the end of the month! (VT says to practice for both, and we'll see which one we should do.) Time to learn how to play well with others in the ring, too!
    But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all. H.C.Anderson

Comment

• The problem with going back to a trainer who knows you really well after a bit of time away? She makes you do basically a whole ride in the sitting trot after you haven't ridden for a month! Granted it was a lunge lesson and the pony had a super-easy trot to sit, buuut... I rode on Monday and I'm still feeling it now!

It was great to be at my "home" barn, though, and I'm so looking forward to going back to regular riding with a trainer/horses I really click with in November.
      Goodreads | Blog | Cassius the Dog

Comment

• I thought this might be the place to ask and vent a tad in the same post.....

I have ridden since I was about 7 years old. With life as it came, I had years off between. Teen years, married years and child bearing years.

Then of course the dreaded, I can't find a horse that will stay sound dilemma. Have lessoned as much as possible over those years but really not enough.

Recently I have decided I am going to make more of an effort the next few years to get to the A's and since I am approaching 50 this is my goal and something I really want to do. I bought a new horse, retired a few and off I am going and who knows what will happen.

I am excited yet a bit frustrated.

I don't know about any of you but I want to ride like a professional. I love watching my trainers ride. They are so incredible I would love to ride like that. The years they must have put in riding hundreds of horses is something I am actually pretty impressed over.

I know I am an ammy that makes the occasional, okay often mistake over fences but I am trying. I get frustrated with myself when I can't seem to get to the jump correctly. I do pretty good on the flat but don't have ton of jumping on different horses. I kind of go into an auto pilot so to speak.

Today I went for a long distance on a lesson horse because I didn't ride forward enough in a line and the horse stopped hard. I don't blame him I gave him a crap ride; I felt bad. I did stay on however so that was a good thing. I don't think the ground and I would get along very well.

We finished our lesson just fine and I really had fun but felt frustrated that I cannot seem to see and feel consistently what I need to do without being told. I don't want to get frustrated because that doesn't help. I am trying to ride as much as possible to get through this; but I feel like I may never get to be the rider I want to be. I don't like not knowing where I am in front of the fence or feeling like I don't know if I should open up or close the stride.

Does anyone else have this kind of feeling? How in the world do you get past this, improve and stop being annoyed at yourself every mistake you make?

Thanks for reading this far...
        Live in the sunshine.
        Swim in the sea.
        Drink the wild air.

Comment

• hi, everyone -

Haven't been on in forever. Life has gotten in the way. Did my first XC schooling at Masterson Station Park which went amazingly well. T was so good I almost cried. Work got busy, started teaching a whole new class/program and that made life even more busy - but I love it!

Went to the Kentucky Horse Park for XC schooling day on Sunday. Going great until the very end when T. refused a fence and I fell off, badly breaking my arm. Spent the last four days in the hospital away from home, getting surgery and all sorts of fun medical care.

So I'm out of the saddle again. Will probably be on here a lot as I get bored at home.

Hope everyone else is well.

Comment

• Welcome Doublestable. You are among friends. Start reading from post #1980 you might find a few helpful things in there.

Dreamin sorry to hear about your arm! Good luck with the rehab we'll try to keep you entertained!

Bumknees you sound better and better each time you post! Keep up the good work. Have you been getting out to the barn for "Toby therapy"?

Dewey one of the horse magazines had an article on wolf teeth last month. I will check which one when I get home (stupid night shift again) and see if I can find it.

Pony sounds like things are on the right track again!

How is everyone managing with the hay shortage? Huge board increases at our barn to compensate for the increased feed prices. I totally understand why, I just need to rework the budget, which wasn't really great timing .

My daughter and I are headed off to the last 2 shows of the season this week and next. I haven't shown for a bit so I'm having low expectations for myself. My daughter on the other hand has been working really hard and showing like mad. The pony goes back in a month so we're looking for the next size up. I wish they didn't grow!

Comment

• Dreamin, so sorry to hear about your arm! How long will it be before it heals?

Welcome, doublesstable. Your concerns are shared by many of us (although I doubt I will ever ride at an A show--). I seem to recall that the issues you're asking about have come up on this thread--I know it's long, but personally, I think it's quite entertaining. I suggest reading it in chunks! And you'll get to know us, too!

Hazel, our BO announced that board will increase next month. I've been afraid to ask by how much.
              I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• dreamin' - so sorry about your arm!! arrgggh that's just awful. And has to be so frustrating. Full arm cast I take it? Well, hope they were good to you in Lexington.

Welcome doublestable. Have been close, but not quite where you are. I rode up through my early thirties when I got married. My horse came along nicely. I had shown in Adult Eq and Adult Hunter. Always hoped I could get to Ammy Owner but he wasn't quite there, and my funds being single not enough to support it. He was being used as a Medal/Maclay horse when I sold him though.

I think what you're doing is probably key. Also because of funds, I didn't have my own horse for a long time when young, and so got to ride lots of others'. Think it really helped a lot in the long run. Then as I got older and was fudgy towards the first fence in a line, we couldn't figure out what I was doing. Life intervened and I sold the horse, and just then, believe it or not, I realized I needed glasses - I was near sighted and couldn't see distances as well! Not that that's a panacea for all, but something some may need to consider?

But you seem to be definitely going in the right direction riding others'. Don't be too hard on yourself also. Putting yourself up against the professionals may be looking for an end result you'll never make, unless you are ready to devote what time they do. Point for excellent rounds when you can. And don't forget to reward yourself when you do well! Take it one round at a time.

Hazel - I am very lucky to be in the midst of hay growing in upstate NY. Our barn used to be a hay producer's. The indoor was converted from the garage for the hay trucks. I have loved looking at it all as I drive past daily. (And of course B thinks all the fields are turf courses.)Think I've decided if I'm looking for a man, I need a hay growin' cowboy, just to look at it all - it's so beautiful. So sorry for all who are having issues. Sometimes I just want to go on a run and take some where it's needed. Glad you and your daughter have had such a good run at the shows. They grow so fast. You get to measure by ponies.

EVeryone have a great day/good week.
                But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all. H.C.Anderson

Comment

• Doublestables I unerdsand your problem except I ave no desire to go pro tho I probably "could" I dont want to. To bad your Cal. I have a horse who is in need of a rider... in ohio.

Dreamin, So sorry to hear about your arm, hope it heals ok. It sounds ouchy..

hazle Wish luck for both you and DD for last two shows. Bet you do better that expected.

Natalie Oh I know what you mean! I did a clinic with my old (read a good 5 or 6 yeare at the time move due to a marrage and move) trainer once and boy not only did she expect me to "know every thing" she was teaching she expeced me to show every thing to the group. I had not ridden much in those years and I had only gone because the rider had gotten sick that morning and asked me to go in her place on her horse. I felt it for a good two weeks... iirc we did no iron work for most of the time flat and o/f. I think my legs left my bady half way through the lesson. Not sure when my lower back left but it did protesting loudly.
                  To say I was not in shape would be putting it mildly...

So far the hay crunch has not hit where I keep Toby yet (knock on wood) our hay guy is still sell it at last year priceses(sp?) to us. For how long we dont know. Maybe he had a really good crop last year and manager to keep it good for this uear because I seen it it is still green is and out, like it was cut this year. Who knows maybe he got lucky this year. All I know he is still selling it at 3$ a bale. For how long...That is the questin I cant answer.

iechris one thing I do when I did/do/ what ever when I get a bit scared when riden(know that is not spelled correctely) to get my act together is sing a song to my self in my head so noone eles can hear it. You know like wehn you have a song that wont leave that goes around in your head. Only this song you pick and it is the beat matches the beat you want the canter you wish to have., or the trot or walk. I chose classical songs because they calmed me down and I suspect lowered my blood presure and in turn calmed my wench of a mare down. ... one day I will have to tell you guy about my first horse loveing know to me as wench mare.

I have had my " Toby Therpy" he is funny . he will some to fence line and act as tough I not there. I will turn and act as though Igoing to leave and that is when he acts like " where are you going? See what I can do watch this" then he will do something. Lol while showing off once he accidenlty touched the electric fence line and sqeeled runing,bucked,etc then came with a look as if to say "I ment to do that now watch this..."

Yesterday DH loaded something on me though he swares he told me before.. He always telles me he toled me before tho... He has drill over our anaversary again (as what eles s new the military has kept us apart 25 out of 28) and this drill is thurs morning till sunday evening. oh joy.. So Wed night/evening I have to drive him 4 1/2 hrs to Kettering... then drive home... I have not driven since May... It is kinda freaking me out... We can leave what is nonrush hour that is no probkem.. we can use state hwys for part of the way no problem and it will take a bit longer to get there... He can drive down that no porblem..... The problem is I am not kidding when I say a traffic jam here cosist(sp) of 3 or4 cars behind am Amish buggie or a tractor. That is how few vehicles there are here on the roads. I live on a main street and am lucky if there are 10 cars at a time at the stop light during a high traffic time like school letting out time. And I am not used to traffic of a large city like Dayton or Columbus etc. or a freeway... I have driven a littel bit since my stroke but the prospect of drive in or even arond it a city scares the you name it, it removes itself from me... let alone two times...
                  I guess Im just going to have to put on my big girl panties and get a grip...
                  Friend of bar .ka

Comment

• Thank you all for the warm welcome. What a great thread. I frequent COTH but never really knew there was a horse support group. So awesome.

I will spend some time reading today but of course after I sent my trainer a text message saying "sorry to give you the trainers worst nightmare as your student tries riding the neck of their mount....." The response was "I have 3 for you to ride tomorrow" So after I hopefully survive my rides, I will read through everyone's experiences.

Again thanks!
                    Live in the sunshine.
                    Swim in the sea.
                    Drink the wild air.

Comment

• Dreamin- sorry to hear about your arm Hope you heal quickly.

Welcome Doublestable- I can certainly share your frustration. I hate that feeling of not knowing where I am. I too am trying to ride as much as possible but it is hard when you work full time as well.

We aren't getting hit with the hay price increase as the barn I'm at grows all their own hay, but they have been told to prepare for a big increase in grain prices.

Bumknees- I hope your drive goes uneventfully. Is there anyone that can come with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by doublesstable View Post
                        Thank you all for the warm welcome. What a great thread. I frequent COTH but never really knew there was a horse support group. So awesome.

I will spend some time reading today but of course after I sent my trainer a text message saying "sorry to give you the trainers worst nightmare as your student tries riding the neck of their mount....." The response was "I have 3 for you to ride tomorrow" So after I hopefully survive my rides, I will read through everyone's experiences.

Again thanks!
                        Wish you lived closer as it sounds like we have a few of the same issues and could have some fun together! I have suggested to my trainer before that there are a few of us if we were in the same lesson she might want to switch the Coke up to Jack & Coke.

Comment

• Originally posted by iechris View Post
                          Wish you lived closer as it sounds like we have a few of the same issues and could have some fun together! I have suggested to my trainer before that there are a few of us if we were in the same lesson she might want to switch the Coke up to Jack & Coke.
                          We can cyber ride together...

And LOL I just said that yesterday... I may ride better if I have a few glasses of wine first... or at least I would "think" I am riding better.

It's all about perception - right?
                          Live in the sunshine.
                          Swim in the sea.
                          Drink the wild air.

Comment

• Wishing Bumknees a safe drive! Take your time, and enjoy the ride.

Hazel, our area has not had that much of a hay shortage, so we are not scheduled for a rate increase. In fact, today, I'm seeing lots of trucks of hay as farmers are getting another cutting in.

Dreamin', so sorry about the arm. KHP is so much fun, but not when you get to visit the local hospital. You can live vicariously through us for a while. I get to ride Mr. Rehab tomorrow.

Doublestable, welcome aboard! I didn't ride much as a kid, tried to ride as a young adult, but then bills, and kids and work got in the way. Finally at age 45 I was able to do my Long Stirrup year. At age 52 I finally got a nice adult ammy hunter, and we just clicked. I got comfortable and successful at the A's, and we even got to do a 3' Hunter Derby with respectable scores. There's plenty of time for you to reach your goal. I don't know if my horse and I will ever show again (long injury story) but the journey was worth it. The right horse is very important, and "right" doesn't necessarily mean "expensive." The Over 50 Adult Ammys are a very fun group. Let us know how your journey goes.

Iechris, I've had many lessons where some of us were partaking of adult beverages. Whatever works!

Hi, Peg! Glad you and B are enjoying the great fall weather. Riding is so much more fun when you stay on! I had to ride a bratty pony who was in need of a tune up on Tuesday. At the canter, he's been dropping his inside shoulder, and then scooting to the outside fast, thereby dumping the kid on his back. He was very surprised to find out that didn't work with me. Had a great ride after that.
                            It's 2017. Do you know where your old horse is?

www.streamhorsetv.com -- website with horse show livestream listings and links.

Comment

• dOTTB -- I am so sorry about your arm!! I hope you are feeling better. Tajar bucked me off in the summer of 2010 and I broke my collar bone, and it sucked! I can imagine it sucks even worse when it happens away from home

pony4me -- so glad your boy is back to being sound! What a scare that must have been after all the work you have put into rehabbing him.

bumknees -- your typing is looking great!

I'm not sure what the hay/feed cost situation is for my barn owner/trainer. I told her if she needed to increase board I totally understood - just let me know. Everything is getting more expensive, so I figure it is inevitable.

Tajar's sarcoid spots are looking really good, and he is cleared to be tacked up this weekend. Can't wait to get to the barn tomorrow. I haven't ridden in a few weeks due to Labor Day holiday and getting the new puppy this past Saturday (Weimaraner named Vesper).
                              Attached Files
                              Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Comment

• Tarheel, soooooooooooooooooo cute!!

(Anyone heard from Opus lately?)
                                I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Tarheel that puppy is just insanely cute. Congratulations.

No news from Opus Dewey. And, I might add, no news from Spacytracy either, who we all have to thank for starting this thread and bringing us all together!!! Should we pm them to see if they are ok? Or is that like stalking??

Comment

• Hi All:

Dreamin wow so very sorry about that last fence. I hate the hospital, I get migraines when I am there and it is always "we cannot give you Imitrex without your orthoped approving it" he/she is always gone...so sorry you had to be there. Get better,take it slow.

Pony4me-We are the same age. Fifty was tough but I don't want to quit riding, maybe getting a OTTB four year old wasn't the best idea but it beats joining the trail riding only set

So, I'm moving the baby AGAIN ! I need help and I cannot take him back to the valley with my trainer he hated the facility. I am feeling so strange about this, I can't seem to find a place where i fit in. So, hopefully I can move him very soon to the new place. I am healing from the bolt, so painfull I still have road rash that people keep comenting on, I am feeling so lovely-not.

Doublestable; Your horse is just lovely. People pay me for skills other than riding. I have accepted that. I have a co worker who is routinely asked to help the US women's sailing team, no one would care about me in any aa class and that is OK. I want to learn to ride my new boy but I need time....hope to do well in the show ring with him. It is always a gamble.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend..

Comment

• I will PM Opus--I don't think that is stalking. She can answer or not. Spacy is around. I have seen her posts on the Off Course forum--she was going to get a pony advertised on Craigslist, but it didn't work out. I kept expecting her to come here and announce it!

Stolen, so sorry you have to move your horse again. What a pain, and I hope the next move is to the dream barn! You can count me in the over-50 club. In fact, BO just told me about the AQHA Select World Show, exclusively for competitors over 50. I think she would like me to go as Sky has made real progress lately. She could go in the Working Hunters. However, I looked it up, and it's in Amarillo, Texas! There's no way I could afford that.

P.s.: Just received my new stirrup leathers and lead shank from Gary Mundy. I'm so excited! Here are some pictures:

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCN0549.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCN0552.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCN0553.jpg
                                      Last edited by Dewey; Sep. 15, 2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Hey y'all!

So sorry to keep y'all wondering about me. I think I made my last post here in early August, which was the same time one of my people left. And of course, I'm salaried, and my other people are hourly -- and just finishing up taking their furlough for the quarter, which just compounded the situation. So, I haven't had much time to pop into here, much less ride my poor boy.

Basically, this summer was hot. I think it was less hot than this year, but this year the heat really got to me. And then we had storms. And some tropical storms and then work. I think it's been nearly a month since I rode Oliver. I know, I know. Luckily, the other girl at the barn has been riding him consistantly. And truthfully, he's the kind of horse who doesn't seem to change from lack of riding. I still see him -- usually when I'm dropping off his SmartPaks or his board. And I groom him and hand graze him and all of that.

So, I pretty much took a mulligan on riding until later in the month. We JUST hired someone to take over for the coworker that left, and he still needs another week or two of training. I just figured it would make a lot of sense to take off 6 weeks and then come back when I could really and truly focus on riding.

Even though I'm convinced Oliver thinks I'm nothing more than his personal groom and treat dispenser, he'll see me lingering on the edge of the paddock and he'll come walking over and hang out with me. He's such a sweet boy. (He is the absolute LAST one in the pasture pecking order.)

And hopefully, I'll have some time later tonight to see how everyone else is doing. I went to our barn's jumper derby today and took lots and lots of photos that need uploading ... I hope y'all have been well!
                                        The dude abides ...

Comment

• Dreamin - so sorry about your arm. Heal quick!

Tarheel - that is the cutest puppy! Love me some Weim!

Opus, I feel you. Between work and the weather, Finn thinks I am just somebody that shows up on the weekends, brushes him down, throws some treats and leaves. Since we are still in school, unless I lesson, he gets to watch me tack up "that hussy" and has the most confused look on his face. But, tomorrow we lesson - and I get to try out my discovery about my left hip for real!

The barn went to a local dressage show today - four riders. I took care of the early morning stuff for our four and then volunteered as a runner and ring steward. Had a blast! Met lots of nice people and my barn rocked! My trainer, on her Holsteiner mare, who is recovering from filly birth, took high point for the day! Because this mare tends to spook that things that a: she has never seen before, b: things she has seen but not seen, and c: things she thinks she may see; my trainer had me get in the judge "house" Friday afternoon while she schooled. I jingled my keys, talked out loud, thumped the chairs around, stood up, sat down and it worked. Today she was a rock star!

Bumknees, if you are worried about driving, do you have someone to go with, or talk to you while you drive back alone, via speaker, of course?
                                          And nothing bad happened!

Comment

Working...
                                          X