Stallion Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

Hart_Barn 1
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Can we have an adult re-rider support group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost- what a lovely round, please give DD my congrats as well. What a fabulous pair- I'm a sucker for a grey.

PF- As Pony is on the mend and I'm feeling super brave for the Exhibition at That Place next weekend, you can have all mine and Pony's luck, jingles, and positive vibes

Comment

• PF- I'm headed to the Consignment Sale at Miller tomorrow, it runs through Sunday. It's the same time as the QH show- Sheila Bennett is doing it. She always does a good one, if you needed anything for D. I'm hoping for a new to me show coat, or at least sizing to get one on ebay.

Comment

• Lucky, I was visiting a friend at the QH show today, so I did check out the sale. Lots of blankets! I already bought all D's blankets with him (and saddle and bridle, etc.). But it was fun to window shop! I didn't notice many coats. Lots of western outfits.

TC...I do have MSM in the barn. I will add it to D's feed. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuzieQNutter View Post
          Welcome Welcome Welcome Erin from the other side of the world. The easiest way to breathe into your diaphragm is to sing while you are riding!!!

Don't go dropping your stirrups if you already have a pulled groin. Pilates is what will mean no aches and pains during or after riding but you might want to wait until you have healed first.

A bit of red flag for me on the other side of the world and not having seen you but a schoolie for your first lesson and shying 3 times through a lesson has me questioning......
          Thank you, Suzie! Don’t know if we quote on this thread, but I just saw this. Great advice and much appreciated! I haven’t been doing Pilates yet (although I do love Pilates), but I have been working out with a trainer at the gym... LOTS of core work!

To be fair to the horse, and to the program... the spooks were small and easily manageable. Scoots, really. And I was forewarned. Certainly nothing that raised any red flags for me, and I rode for well over a decade before my hiatus.

A quick update, and I will come back ASAP to read up on everyone else’s stuff because it feels just wrong to be posting only about myself! But some good news, bad news.

In good news: The past month has had been awesome. I have progressed past groin and muscle pain and am starting to get my seat back. I’ve even jumped around a few tiny courses, and that was great fun! Have mostly been riding the schoolie and I am starting to figure him out more, but I did get to try a mare out who has a lot more gears... wow, was that fun!

No dropped stirrups, except at the walk, but I have been busting my a** at the gym and in the saddle. We have been doing some other exercises that are helping me get my mojo back: serpentines, collecting and extending, two point, and figure eights using seat and legs with reins in one hand, etc. I am finally feeling less a flopping fish, which is hugely welcome!

In not-so-great news, something is very wrong with my knee... so I am headed to an orthopedist tomorrow. Praying it isn’t anything major, but it has been swollen, unstable, popping loudly when I pivot, and unresponsive to icing for a few weeks. Really hoping I am not sidelined by it. Other minor ankle issues as well, so at least I can get it all checked out. But, no fun.

Thanks again, and hope you are all doing swell!

Comment

• I'm glad to have found this forum! I'm 45 now and haven't actively ridden in the past 7 years, and before that it was hit or miss the previous 10. After college I worked for a few BNTs as a home groom and show groom, then came back home after getting burned out, went and got an entry level job in IT, after a few years my position was eliminated and took what was supposed to be a very part time gig at a TWH show barn that I never quite realized were some of the top horses in the country, that breed was so foreign to me, but that short stint turned into 5 years! LOL.. Fast forward 15 years and I've been a desk jockey in IT since then. Recently started working PT in the evenings as a very nice small boarding farm here in Central Ohio, got bit by the horse bug again and since Sept 1st I've had an OTTB come into my barn that I'm full leasing that I found through a Facebook group.. I took pity on this horse as he was severely underweight, and honestly wanted to "rescue" him from his current situation.. Since being in my barn he's slowly started to put on weight and gets full day turnout. What I like about him is that he's very sweet, willing, and smart. Pretty laid back for an OTTB chestnut gelding! I've been totally restarting him, haven't even climbed on him since he got into the barn, just been lunging him in a Pessoa bitting rig teaching him correct carriage. He was also a chiropractic mess, so had that and some acupuncture done on him, now he feels great! He'll be a fun project, but currently have no trainer, and the barn does not have one in house. I figure I can get him going to a point then will need a SOS call to someone to help me progress. I don't care if I show him, I'm just enjoying the process of retraining him. He's not a flashy mover, so will most likely gear him for the jumper ring. Part of me is TERRIFIED to climb on him, though the times I have ridden him he's been fine W/T.. Doesn't understand canter, but the fear in my head of falling off and getting hurt had kept me on the ground. I need to get brave and climb on him! He's not hot at all thankfully! I've loved reading all your posts. So many have the same fears I do, once you hit a certain age you realize you're not immortal any longer LOL

Comment

• Erin- big time jingles for your knee! I'm glad things are coming together for you in and out of the saddle. I'm with you on stepping up the off the horse fitness routine- I've increased my workout difficulty as well.

So my bravery may be short lived- I just realized I won't have sat on Pony in 2-3 weeks when I ride/present her at the Exhibition. Hopefully my girl will take care of me as she is known to do

PF- thanks for the heads up about the coats. I'm a sucker for a show, especially at Miller, so if nothing else I can see some awesome horses and pick up some pointers if not a newish coat.

Comment

• Kat- Welcome, welcome! It sounds like you are taking the right steps to make your boy a solid citizen. I've never restarted one, however from what I've read/learned on here, folks are never sorry they did more groundwork vs saddle time straight away.

Hit the Consignment Sale and got some great deals. Two full seat breeches, show coat, show shirt all for $33. The fullseats are roomier than my current ones so will be good for practice or showing with a belt. The coat, man it was like bathingsuit shopping meets tall boots shopping! Sheila, who hosted the sale, was super helpful and found just the right fit. I feel like a million bucks in it. I'm afraid it will be too hot to wear next weekend, but I will bring it just in case.

Can't wait to groom for Pony and hang with Fab and E tomorrow.

Comment

• Hi, everyone--I am in Aiken sitting in a hotel room at the moment. I show this afternoon, so I thought I would post before going to the barn. The big attraction of this show was the Palmetto Derby at 2'9" with 3' options--our first attempt at a Derby at this height. I was very excited because it was scheduled to be held in the Derby field here at the venue. Unfortunately now that we have arrived, we have found out that it's going to be held in the ring instead. My one experience with showing OF in an open grass field (Ocala) was so positive that I was really looking forward to it. However, it will still be fun even if it is a bit scary. I am here with trainer and one other barn mate, a junior also showing at 2'9", so we will cheer each other on. The Derby will be tomorrow (Sunday).

I had a meeting at work yesterday afternoon so was not able to get here until late, so my barn mate hacked Sky for me and apparently, she was perfect. She is an old pro at Aiken now. It's funny: we're stabled right near where I had my accident a couple of years ago (when I broke my foot at the mounting block), and I didn't even remember that until about an hour after I got to the barn. I guess I have put that behind me.

Welcome, Kat! I had a similar experience with getting back into riding after a long layoff--but mine was even longer. Good luck to you as you work with your OTTB, who sounds like an appealing fellow. I am in my 60s, and I'll just pass along something that makes me a little more secure riding and jumping at my age: I ride in a safety vest all the time--I even show in one--and I use a helmet with MIPS technology. The vest took a little getting used to, but now I feel naked without it.

Lucky--have fun this weekend!
                  I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Lucky: Yes, have faith in Pony, she will take good care of you! And HAVE FUN!

Kat: Welcome welcome! We love pictures here, so please do share !! I hear ya regarding fear factor, sometimes i think this is what keeps us alive

PF: CONGRATS on your cutie pie!! Cant wait to hear all about the journey you will take with him!

Dewey: Excited for you!!! Videos please! Sky and you are READY! It is so great to have barnmates that are in the same classes yet cheer for each other!!
                    Can you share which helmet you are using too? See below for reason of asking.

I've had a whirlwind of travel, Rotterdam, home, Oslo, home, then to Nashville. next week i'm flying to Vegas to drive out to Havasupai for vacation!

Yesterday, a very scary accident at the barn happened. An advance student fell off trotting a greenie, horse leaped up, she lost her balance, flew out of tack and landed like a nail, upside down straight onto some hard-ish ground. I witnessed the whole thing and my body was shaking because of my own accident not long ago. She sat up, totally shaken up, but in my mind, she has got to CT that neck, i'm fairly certain something happened to that neck. (compression was what i think it would be). Ambulance came and i was told she is now in the ICU for C1 fracture. I am so scared and worried, please some jingles for my barnmate.

Comment

• Jingling for your barn mate, Faye!! Vert scary.

Comment

• Faye, I'm jingling for your barn mate! What a scary thing to witness! Hope she is OK.

My helmet is a Trauma Void. They make two models, the EQ3 (the one that I have) and the Lynx, both with MIPS. The EQ3 fits me fine but is not quite as comfortable as my old Charles Owen was. CO just came out with "MyPS" helmet with the MIPS technology, so I may get one for my next helmet.

Edit: You can see the EQ3 in the pics I posted of the show further along. It looks pretty traditional, but the chin strap takes some getting used to as it further up on the face

I will try to post some video from the show. My barnmate's mom filmed one of my rounds today, but I haven't seen it yet. Sky was such a good girl; she was champion in our division today. She even won a hunter OF round today for the first time ever at a PSJ show.
                        Last edited by Dewey; Sep. 23, 2019, 11:10 AM.
                        I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

• Woohoo, Dewey!! Congrats!

Comment

• Katsin, welcome!

Erin, good luck with your knee. I've had several issues, but still manage to ride. I have a bum ankle that likely will need surgery again, but I hate taking time off from riding.

Comment

• PF - Congrats on the new addition! I'm so glad you gave him a soft landing and I hope you are able to get his hoof issues sorted out quickly. I know you were looking at restarting one, but I think you're going to have a lot of fun with a more seasoned, been-there, done-that guy!

Faye - How scary, I'm sure that was very traumatic to witness. Your barnmate will be in my thoughts, I hope she's ok!

Dewey - Congrats on another fantastic show! No surprise that Sky was champion yet again - what a good girl

Greys - Congrats to you on a new horse too, I've been drooling over him on IG! You two will no doubt be a fantastic team!

Lucky - YAYYYYY! You finally found tall boots - it's been a LONG time coming

It's been MONTHS since I've been on here, so I apologize for everyone I've missed. I try to read and at least stay semi caught up with all of you though!

My three are all doing well. I think I mentioned that Goose is leased out as a trail pony for an older rider and loving his life. Cash is leased out to a short-stirrup rider and they are KILLING IT. They have been champion at every show thus far.

Prior to leasing him I finally reached a bucket list goal with him and took him to an AQHA show and qualified him for the Championships (apparently there are like three World shows now - super confusing!) in the working hunters and the eq. We won't actually go to the show as I don't think it's fair to ask him to compete at 2'9" anymore, but it was a great way to end his career with me riding him. Now he gets to enjoy packing the kids around

Finally, my "green" mare has really grown up and feels like a made horse now. She's incredible and I feel so lucky to have her. She's been to several shows and has handled them all like a seasoned show horse. She's been doing well in the baby greens, and I think after her next show we'll move her up to the greens.

Comment

• Faye- jingles for your barnmate, how scary!

Dewey- I'm glad your show is going so well, I'm late to post, however I know you guys will do great!

Sugar- Yeah, finally found the boots, and did two break in cycles. Next weekend will be the proving ground to do the Exhibition in them.

So I have quite the show report... In the realm of normal, E rode Pony very well, however the judge disagreed with us and didn't use her as highly as we thought. Several horses broke gait and Rockstar Pony of course did not, and she was placed lower. I had to pep talk E, as she was understandably bummed. I had the most fun ever playing groom for the day. I had my fanny pack (instead of a ring backpack) and kept Pony tickled with life all day. She loved all the cuddles. E did walk/trot classes for real and then did one unjudged canter class. Of course Pony was so excited when it was time to hand gallop, she actually propped and did a mini-buck/porpoise. Then she decided to race the other horse and of course won the "race".

In the realm of twilight zone, we had something happen that was a first for me and Fab, and apparently, all the judges as well. (To set the stage, one of the other exhibitors, D, had a bit too much alcohol at the Exhibitors dinner Friday and became a mean drunk. Come Saturday morning, he was kinda buzzed by show start and literally hammered before the afternoon break.) He had become big buddies with M, who owns the facility, and they were seen applying ShowSheen to each other's hair. D decides mid-morning that he wants to buy a class and rallies a bunch of other exhibitors, including M, to ride in it. I should have known he was less than sober when Fab explained the process three times to him and he still asked the same questions. Problem is, by later afternoon/early evening with the class to run towards the end of the day, all the proposed entries are super, super drunk. Fab literally has to tell them they can't ride in the class and has to tell M she can't enter either. We had to tell the judges via walkie-talkie why the class was scratched and you could have heard a pin drop

To cap off the evening- the arena is notoriously dusty, and by evening it's super duper dusty. Per our contract, M is to work/water the arena as needed, which she does once in the morning. Since she's super, super drunk she refuses to water/work it anymore and we all suffer through it.

The highlight of the show, besides drunken revelry, was seeing the Gypsy Vanners. Man those horses are stunning. The natural manes- my favorite stallion, Dakar, his mane was almost to his knees. I got to meet most of the horses that morning as I was running the paddock. They even did a liberty class (third from the end of show) and we got to pick the music since Fab and I were running the announcer stand by that point. We did Cavalia for one and Born This Way for the other. Gaga is always a good liberty choice.

Next weekend is our Exhibition- no judging but we do get a nice ribbon. I told Fab that since I know E wants to ride Pony as well, I don't mind showing her in hand if we need to go easy with her ( and E really dislikes in-hand classes). I figure if I can get on her at some point in the day and just ride in the arena, that will be a huge success. I so want to vindicate myself, and trust my awesome Pony to be her awesome self. Plus to wear my new boots/jacket/outfit.

Comment

• Sugar, it is great to hear from you! Looks like all is well on your end. Glad all your ponies are happy and healthy. Can't wait to see more of you and your mare.

D's feet are doing much better in his boots. The day after the vet I was panicky because he was worse. But then then the day after, he was better, and the next day he would walking in his boots with some good pace. Now every morning and evening I take him out and hand walk him and hand graze him. I feel bad since I haven't been able to turn him out. I want to put him in the round pen at least to get some outdoor time, but I have to fix a post and put the gate back up. I may end up just rigging it with a panel if I can't get to it tomorrow. He's been in his stall all week. But he's been a super patient. I have a good feeling about him.

Comment

• PF: Glad the feet with D is getting attention and heading towards the right direction!! And i agree with you about the good feeling since he seems chill about no turnout yet

Lucky: What a story with the drunks! I hope you at least find this somewhat entertaining!! Seems like Pony was having fun especially at the non-judged class :P

Dewey: HUGE congrats!!! I also just ordered the trauma void. After my accident, i'm already a little scared of head injuries, and to witness that horrible accident, i'm all for a safer helmet! I got the lynx as i have a notorius difficult to fit head. I remember you rode in the ovation schooling helmet before, yes? If so, that's good news because i fit in that perfect. Samsung/OneK does not fit me, only the $$$$ GPA speedair does. Fingers crossed this will work!

Thank you for the jingles! Barn Mate is out of the ICU and no surgery is needed!! I think she will still have a long recovery but it could be way worse!!

I had a lesson today and since my lesson pony extradinaire went back to his owner, I requested to ride the pony (legit pony, but i only weigh 100lb so i think i'm ok). He reminds me a lot of Toff the way he jumps, knees pull up to his eyeball and crack his back! So fun though!

I was terrified of an in/out since I dont know him from adams, and i also haven't ridden one in ages, but he totally just packed me! Come to think of it, i did ride one a few weeks ago. Oh well, it was fun!

Comment

• Faye- great news about your friend, I'm thankful it's nonsurgical. Ponies are loads of fun. FWIW, I weigh more than you so you are more than fine on a pony! We all had a good laugh about the drunk exhibitors for sure.

I decided, since I have the day off, to try on the boots one more time and dang if the right one was tight. So, back to the soaked washcloth I went and I'm in them now. They may not be perfect or fancy, however I feel oddly attached to them.

I'm considering getting a new helmet, but I don't want to pay big bucks for no more than I ride. I have the cheapie Troxel and like the look of the Ovation schoolers. What's the deal with the MIPS or Trauma Void? I don't know anything about the newer technology or why it's important.

Comment

• Wow, everyone, a lot of news on the Re-Riders thread! First of all, welcome back, Sugar!! It's great to get caught up with you. I'm thrilled to hear that all your ponies are doing well. How super that you took Cash to an AQHA show and that he apparently rocked it! As you know, I would love to take Sky--still haven't done it though. I brought it up with trainer the other day, and she was very receptive. We'll see--Sky and I aren't getting any younger, so if we're going to do it, it needs to be soon. The World Shows are out for us because they are so far away. The "Select" World Show (for folks over 50) is in Texas, and the regular one is in, I think, Oklahoma City. I am thinking of the Huntfield Derby Circuit instead. Anyway, so glad to hear that Cash is doing so well showing a young rider the ropes. I'll bet he's a great confidence-builder.

What lovely news about your mare. If you have any recent pics, I'd love to see them.

Lucky, I don't know what to say. What a story. I guess it just goes to show that people can act stupid in any area of life.

PF, I hope Dante's feet continue to improve.Keep us posted--I know you will.

Faye, I'm glad your barnmate is out of danger. So scary! Let us know how you like the Lynx--I've never tried one on. It came out after I got my EQ3. By the way I am wearing the EQ3 in the pics below if anyone is interested.

The show is over, and overall it was a success. I had a blast in the Derby, my first one at 2'9" with 3' options. Sky went in to the first round, the classic one, like a good girl and jumped around, pretty relaxed, and ended up on top of the Junior/Amateurs after round 1. (We also were competing against pros who jumped 3' with 3'3" options.) I actually took one of the 3' options, and Sky handled it with no issues. They course had an in-an-out, and Sky didn't even look at it. The handy round started out really well. The first three jumps, including a trot fence were lovely, but then I got a bad distance to jump 4 (totally my fault), and Sky chipped. She got over it, but it looked bad. Anyway, after that, I didn't ride as well and missed a lead change after the last fence. Still, we ended up 7th out of 14 (including pros) and got a pretty ribbon and won $100. So I felt good about it. Unfortunately, my barnmate (who had a pretty nice 1st round, too), had a really bad distance in the second round and crashed through a fence. She managed to stayed on and finish the course. She finished out of the ribbons, but the judge told her afterwards that she loved my barnmate's horse, so that made her feel better.

I haven't organized my videos yet but will try to post some later. My barnmate's mom used my video camera for my fist derby round. If it turned out well, I will post it. In the mean time, here are a few pics.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Dewey; Sep. 23, 2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Thanks, Paradox! While I don't make it on here often, thank goodness for Instagram, at least I feel like I can stay caught up with a lot of you on there instead The big mare is showing this weekend, I'll make sure to post some pics and videos!

Dante sounds like he's being an excellent patient, although I don't blame you for trying to get him outside for a bit. Poor guy, jingling that he's feeling better in no time!

Faye - Phew, that's a relief. Jingling for a quick recovery, physically AND mentally for your barn friend.....and pony sounds like a blast!

Comment

Working...
                                          X