• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Mallard Springs Farm- SC .. any experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know but Randy Hannold was supposed to take care of the Lulu situation. He is in Aiken near the farm.
    And for what it's worth this horse has likely been drugged in order to jump quietly. She is very well schooled but is difficult and very hot to jump. From my understanding that is how she ended up with him is that the owners gave up on her as a children's jumper and sent her to be sold for cheap.
    "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

Comment

• I was told by the trainer that she was given to a "forever" home...
      "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
      carolprudm

Comment

• obviously not the case. will you chat with your end mroades. I'll 'remind' on my end.
        "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

Comment

• yep, gonna call them today!
          "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
          carolprudm

Comment

• Originally posted by Lulu View Post
            I was hoping she'd been rescued from Thomson's clutches, but no such luck. Tatabra Lulu (know advertised as Lullabelle) is still for sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4zZymyFIGA

If anybody had contacted the FBI fraud division via that link I attached earlier in the thread, would you please let me know via PM.
            Hey! More or less stole my user name. Sludge of the earth for so many reasons, this just being the most recent. Ugh.

Comment

• Technically looks like she is of french blood (narcos/Jalisco on top) but bred in Argentina?

Form the USA Equestrian data base

Horse Name: TATABRA LULU (4704990)

Breed: ARGENTINIAN WARMBLOOD
              Sire Name: DIMITIL DE TERLONG 525243
              Dam Name: TATABRA FILEA 132723

Comment

• I owned this chestnut horse a few years ago. His name is Our Man Travis and he is a JC registered TB. Travis was too much horse for me, and a college student riding at my farm fell in love with him. I gave Travis to her for christmas that year. Unfortunately for all parties he had some issues that prevented her from showing him at the level she wanted, so he was "retired" to a farm in NC. He was going to be a lesson horse and basically live the good life.
                Fast forward to this thread. She has contacted Travis' new owner and it looks like he is truly in a great place now. He had a hard life on the track. So again I say thanks to his new owner. Travis is a wonderful boy and I'd be happy to provide any background you might want on him.
                [edit]
                Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 19, 2011, 07:41 AM.
                SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
                Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
                The Barkalicious Bakery
                On Facebook!!!

Comment

• Yes Travis was mine I got him from MoonRiver a few years back and cant believe he ended up in this situation! I was lied to by many about where he was going and what he was doing (was told he was retired but then found out he was jumping and was for sale?) Any who I didnt send him to William but who I gave him to i am guessing did and this just breaks my heart that he had to go through this after his rough life at the track!

I cant tell you guys how I reacted when I saw the pictures and compared them to my pictures of him! I was absolutely shocked!!! But I am SO happy he is in good hands now and doing well!! This horse deserves a home with TheHarrier where he is treated like the horse he is!
                  He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable, He knows when you're confident, And he ALWAYS knows when you have carrots

Comment

• I think TheHarrier will find out she has a very nice horse once he fattens up and recovers. I've got pics to prove it!!!!
                    The Barkalicious Bakery
                    On Facebook!!!

Comment

• Very sad any customer has been put in the situation that they have... and the horses, the horses...
                      Last edited by Platinum Equestrian; May. 19, 2011, 04:29 PM.
                      Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA

Comment

• Sorry to confuse anyone- the chestnut is still alive!!! I have been calling them the "gray" and "chestnut" just in case something horrible happened... but after dropping G's at referral clinics like it's my job, I think they are going to be okay health wise.

The chestnut is doing the best out of the two. I talked to his previous owner yesterday and amongst all of the interesting information I found out, I also learned that his name was Travis. So! Travis is steadily gaining weight but still could use a bunch. He is much more in touch with his surroundings... not glazed over without a personality anymore.

On the other hand... the gray remains unnamed. The abscess became a basketball on the side of his neck and had to be drained as he was having issues eating- hence the pictures of the drain. He is not gaining weight as well as Travis is but I believe it's because of the stress he is currently under.

I can only hope that anyone who has received a horse from him has quarantined them for at least 45 days upon arrival. What's even more scary is that the shippers have no clue either... amazing. Again, I am so thankful we have a quarantine facility and always quarantine everything first... Otherwise I'd be on the Bay Bridge about to take a plunge.

As if misrepresented horses weren't enough!!! We plan on keeping the chestnut and making him a guest horse at this point. I refuse put my reputation at stake or furthermore Travis' future. He will always have a spot in one of our fields and I will make sure he's never in a bad situation again. I hope the gray can continue on with a future (the tendon might be a limiting factor) but that will be determined once we finish the battle at hand. Otherwise, he can live here too... I should file for non-profit status at this point

Here is a link of updated pictures of Travis and the gray:
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/6185516...7626710908680/

Again, thanks for all of your support- we really appreciate it!!!

Comment

• Sent you a PM, Harrier
                          There is a phot of Travis on my webshots, under "horses",just after he came to my farm. He's wearing a helmet
                          Last edited by moonriverfarm; May. 19, 2011, 04:22 PM. Reason: pic info
                          The Barkalicious Bakery
                          On Facebook!!!

Comment

• TheHarrier will be sainted for all she has been through with those two horses...
                            Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA

Comment

• I just went back and looked at the pictures of the horses when they first came off the trailer. What a huge difference!

It looks as though Thompson took pictures of the horses when he first got them, threw them out in a field somewhere providing no vet care, no farrier, no food, and then shipped them out when they were sold.

Comment

• Wow Travis looks amazing Im so happy he is finally in good hands! He will make a great guest horse and I am so glad this awful story has such a happy ending!
                                He knows when you're happy, He knows when you're comfortable, He knows when you're confident, And he ALWAYS knows when you have carrots

Comment

• Wow! Great job TheHarrier! They look so much better already. I also just looked back through you before shots of them. So sad they were allowed to get to that condition. All your TLC is paying off and most importantly they look so much happier!

Comment

• There is yet another ad on equine.com, this time claiming that he is going out of business and needs to liquidate... Oh, and the big emaciated gray mare is now listed as possibly being related to Abdullah. Craziness.

Comment

• Which horse is on equine? Name?
                                      The Barkalicious Bakery
                                      On Facebook!!!

Comment

• That poor mare.

Comment

• Originally posted by moonriverfarm View Post
                                          Which horse is on equine? Name?
                                          http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...gn=SavedSearch

scrolling down to Luna, the ad reads:

Luna is a STUNNING 17.0hh 7 y/o Warmblood (TRAK X TB) Mare who will stop you in your tracks with a single glance! She is NOT REGISTERED-HENCE THE PRICE. We purchased Luna as a 4 y/o, and we were told that she’s a grand-daughter of Abdullah (Trak) and out of a TB mare. We DO NOT have documentation of this. She is HUGE, and from my research into Abdullah, she is a typical Abdullah descendant in temperament and ability. She is a lovely mover, who is well-schooled on the flat. Luna has been shown in some training level dressage, and has been trail ridden and fox-hunted extensively. Luna has not been jumped U/S by the preference of her current owner, who does not like to jump. We have put Luna thru the free-jumping shoot, and she is brave, and has lovely natural form. She is currently barefoot, because she has WONDERFUL feet that doesnt need shoes! No soundness or health problems of any kind. A total sweetheart and not "marish" in any way. Luna has had 1 foal by a Hanoverian stallion that was Gray. The foal is spectacular. Luna is only for sale because we are getting out of the horse business...

Comment

Working...
                                          X