• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

TS trophy hunter breeches sizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS trophy hunter breeches sizing

I currently have the Ariat Brittanys and I hate them. They fit me fine through the thigh but the butt?? Not so much. So I'm looking for a new pair and I really like the look of http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...&ids=143206449 these but just wanted to see what COTHers had to say about them.
    Also, I have probably a 34 inch waist and I'm a 28 in the Ariats...can anyone give me a heads-up on how the TS fit?

Thanks!

I'm also a 28 in Ariats but a 30 in TS. YMMV, of course. But I think I'm about the same proportions as you are, and the TS 28's are too small thru the hips.
    Why do I like most horses better than most people?

Comment

I have 30s in the Ariat Pro Circuit, 30 in Tailored Sportsman Royal and Supreme Hunters, 30s in the TS 4 way breeches and 28s in the Tailored Sportsman Professional breeches. I don't own any of the Trophy hunters, but I have tried them on and I could do the 28 or the 30. It just depends how you want them to fit.

Comment

I am a 28 in Guess and Mavi jeans and go up to a 30 in tailored sportman breeches of all the models. I find the trophies to be the most generous of fittings, so you can generally drop a size if you want to.

Comment

I wear a 24 in Ariats and a 26 in TS. I find the Trophy Hunters run SLIGHTLY larger than the regular TS breeches, though I still buy a 26. I just make sure my belt goes tight enough Just seems a hair larger in the waist, but no larger in the thigh area. The velcro on the calf is velcro-ed right on the edge, so maybe the calf is slightly larger around the bottom? But I don't feel like I'm wearing MC Hammer pants.
          Originally posted by barka.lounger
          bar.ka here
          h/j riders are used to bending over, every.time they pay their.show bills at the office. event.ers not so mu.ch.

Comment

I went up one size in the Trophy Hunters from my Ariats.

One interesting note, the Trophy Hunters are the only Tailored Sportsman breeches that I think fit me well. All the other TSs I tried on were awful on me.
            Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelJD View Post

One interesting note, the Trophy Hunters are the only Tailored Sportsman breeches that I think fit me well. All the other TSs I tried on were awful on me.
              What she said. They fit more like my Cavallo Derbies than other TSs. Which to me is a good thing.
              "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Comment

Not sure about the fit (I just try them on in-store), but they're LOVELY breeches. Personally, I'm a fan of the front-zip (I find they fit better for many reasons).

Comment

I think everyone is a different fit. I wear 28 in TS (schooling and professional), and I have 1 pair of Ariats that are a 26 (full seat, front zip). I normally wear about a size 6 in clothes, sometimes can stuff myself into a 4, but usually my thighs and butt need a 6! Anyway, I tried on the Trophy Hunter breeches and they were terrible on me! The waist band was huge while the rest fit. They looked really stupid on me. I'm also 5'2", so maybe they would fit better on a taller person.

Comment

My DD is tiny, 5'2" wears a 2 in regular clothes is narrow but has a shape, if that makes sense? Anyway, the Trophy hunters look the best on her of all the TS breeches. The regular low rise schoolers look nice, too. She had a pair of Brittany's in a 26 and she swam in them but the 26 TS lo rise fit perfectly and the 26 (probably could do a 24) Trophy hunters fit really well but with a bit more room to spare. So, I guess I'm saying that they all fit differently but I would probably go up a size in the TS

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelJD View Post

How exactly do they fit wrong? How tall are you/what's your build? I'm going to buy some TS breeches and I want to be sure to get the right pair for my conformation (do people have confo?)!

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
                        How exactly do they fit wrong? How tall are you/what's your build? I'm going to buy some TS breeches and I want to be sure to get the right pair for my conformation (do people have confo?)!
                        I am 5'8" and a size 12 in most regular clothes/size 32 breeches. Pretty regular build, although I have a somewhat long inseam.

With other TS styles, if they fit me in the waist, they were really big in the thighs and/or butt. Also, the regular rise were too high on me, and the low rise too low. The Trophy Hunter mid-rise work really well.

If it helps for comparison purposes, other breeches that I like and think fit well on me are Pikeur Montana, Pikeur Diandra, Fits Jumpline Beka, and Ariat Fairfax. Can you tell I am a bit of a breeches junkie
                        Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone! It sounds like the general concensus would be to go up a size. I have a pretty boyish build with not much in the way of curves. Usually, I seem to have a problem with the low rise fitting through the thighs but then the hip not being nearly big enough.

Comment

I have the two way stretch and 4 way stretch tailoreds (the older style with high waist) and I also have the trophy hunter tailoreds in 28 and I like the way they fit the best. I normally wear a 6ish in reg clothes, I could fit into a 26 in the non-trophy tailoreds. The trophy hunters fit more snug, so depending on how you are proportioned you may want to go up a size, sort of like super low rise jeans vs loose fit jeans.
                            Me: In a long-winded explanation of who GM is and why he is Important to the Sport
                            Mr EmJ: So what you're saying is GM is so Important he could get Chik-Fil-A on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by EmJ628 View Post
                              I have the two way stretch and 4 way stretch tailoreds (the older style with high waist) and I also have the trophy hunter tailoreds in 28 and I like the way they fit the best. I normally wear a 6ish in reg clothes, I could fit into a 26 in the non-trophy tailoreds. The trophy hunters fit more snug, so depending on how you are proportioned you may want to go up a size, sort of like super low rise jeans vs loose fit jeans.
                              Are they snug in the waist/hip area, or the thigh area? Thanks!

Comment

Oh, I guess I'm the only one who find that the Ariat Pro's run small? I have 24 Pikeur's, 26 in TS, and my Ariats should really be a 28 to fit my waist better. Maybe it's the winter weight - don't remember them being this tight last summer They are all pretty baggy in the leg, but the arse needs it's space I also try to steer clear of the true low-rise, because I do have wide hips and the sizes do not fit quite right. I'd need a 32 and I mine as well be wearing sweatpants on my legs. I'm a size 2/26-27 in the real world...

Comment

I fit comfortably into a 28 in the TS trophy hunter breeches...fit is close but not tight. I, briefly, had a pair of Ariat Pro Circuits in size 28 and they didn't fit me at all...the waist JUST fit, if I gained a couple of pounds it wouldn't have, but you could have fit two of me in the hips and thighs, they looked horrible on me, so I gave them to someone curvier. I'm built on the straight up and down side, with narrowish hips and scrawny thighs.

Comment

Ariat breeches tend to have a more "curvy" cut, with more room in the hip and thigh than the comparable size of most other brands, like TS. If I want to wear TS (Trophy or Schooler), I go up a size... but the waist is then too big. I am a very hourglass shape, so Ariat seems to fit me the best, but nothing *really* fits without tailoring. I have about a 34" inseam... long/tall fits me better in the leg, but I'm also short-waisted, so I wear low-rise (by the time I'm on the horse, they're at my waist).

I can't be sure, as I haven't tried them, but I am suspicious that Ariat changed the cut of their newer pants to be more like that of TS...
                                    If we have to nail on talent, it's not talent.
                                    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks guys! Sounds like TS are going to fit my build better than ariat. =)

Comment

Trophy hunter front zips are the only ones that fit me well too!

I'm about a 27 in normal jeans. Regular ts a 28 is a tight fit around my hips (almost painfully so) but HUGE and baggy everywhere else.

Front zip 26 fit me perfectly!!

(I'm 5'1'' and 114 lbs. the other thing I like about the front zip trophy hunters is that the velcro bottom folds UP under a tall boot sock really smoothly and goes into my tallboots nice. Everything else is just a smidge too long.)

Comment

Working...
                                        X