• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

La Mundials: thinking about getting some, reviews?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Mundials: thinking about getting some, reviews?

Does anyone have the La Mundial custom boot? If so, do you like them? How was the service? Which model do you have?

there are 3 or 4 really great custom boot threads from the past two months that you should search.

as for this boot: COTHers headed me a different direction. Apparently they are not the greatest quality and customer service is a night mare.

I ended up with Willson & Davidsons. They were the only customs that I could find locally and I found them via a COTHer!
    I think if you can have someone from the company do the measurements the endeavor is far safer in the long run. That way if the boots don't fit correctly they have to fix them. : )
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Comment

Don't do it!

Even if you have the owner of the company measure, it might not fit. Have had personal experience as well as several friends who don't have boots that fit a year later!

They do not stand by their product and everything takes forever to correct! One friend gave up and settled after three pairs and 9 months of waiting. Another friend had an order come and the stitching on the boot was unravelling, so the quality control isn't great.

My boots never came in correctly, I cancelled the order and went elsewhere. Not happy with that as I had to pay to do a rush order with another company. So, they screwed me coming and going!

I thought they were working on the mismeasure and then found out that the boots were simply sitting in their warehouse for two months. The main customer service rep quit during that time and no one was following up. It was a nightmare.

My boots were way too short. I saw another pair for a friend that did come in "correctly" however if it was a kid showing in the eqs, they are not acceptable as they are too short. It was not for the eq so she didn't really care but I'd be mad if my custom boots were too short. Heck, I can buy that off the shelf for cheap

The owner of the company is in and out of the the country so you really can't go higher up to speak to someone because he's not available.

Their english on the customer service phone is marginal.

I think you can do better. It might be a few hundred dollars more but in the end you get what you pay for and if you need boots for a show and are counting on them, it sucks when they don't deliver.

Comment

Absolutely do not get them. Spend the money elsewhere. When mine eventually arrived, weeks later than promised, the zippers busted out within a few days so I sent them back. They also weren't the model I'd ordered. At another show I tracked down a different rep and had him remeasure me. When I once again got them later than promised they still didn't fit. I left them in the back of my closet for a year and eventually had my local leather guy put in a gusset so I could use them at home. The boots aren't that great and the service is absolutely horrendous.

Comment

Terrible!

I'm stuck with some that I got at the Washington International. They were totally wrong and the company would not take them back, do anything to fix them or return my $.

There is another thread about them, I think over on the eventing or dressage forum. They were starting to market to Ca. Avoid them at all costs!!!
          Intermediate Riding Skills

Comment

I personally had a great experience with these boots mine fit perfectly and look great. For 500 they came within 3 months! I was still waiting to get my Ayora boots when I came across the La Mundial brand-they are awesome-sorry for those that had bad experiences

Comment

Mine are BEAUTIFUL. They fit perfectly, are exactly the way I ordered them (I had a lot of specific requests), and came in almost exactly 3 months as predicted. I was very impressed with the quality for the price. I was very happy with mine, sorry others had bad experiences.
              Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Comment

Originally posted by buschkn View Post
                Mine are BEAUTIFUL. They fit perfectly, are exactly the way I ordered them (I had a lot of specific requests), and came in almost exactly 3 months as predicted. I was very impressed with the quality for the price. I was very happy with mine, sorry others had bad experiences.
                I had the exact same experience, mine are absolutely beautiful and the leather looks as good, if not better as anyone's parlantis. I think as with any custom product lots of people have had positive and negative experiences...

Comment

Spend the extra for Vogel, Der Dau, Dehner, Sergio, Willson and Davidson... someone who stands behind their product. Even go the La Casa De Las Bootas route before you do this.
                  friend of bar.ka

Comment

Don't do it! Mine (as well as two other friends in the barn) do not fit. We were all measured by different people from the same vendor at a horse show. Mine came way too large around the ankle. When I asked the vendor about making it right, she said she could do nothing about it and that we needed to contact the company directly since the vendor charges no international tax? I have yet to contact La Mundial because of how horrible I have heard their customer service is. Thus, I am out $660 and no boots.

Comment

Originally posted by SlamDunk View Post
                      I had the exact same experience, mine are absolutely beautiful and the leather looks as good, if not better as anyone's parlantis. I think as with any custom product lots of people have had positive and negative experiences...
                      I am sorry but I have to disagree. I have NEVER heard so much negativity and so many complaints about a equestrian product company as I have about La Mundial. As far as being as nice as Parlanti boots, I don't think there is ANY comparison in quality.

Comment

Mine never fit, even after being sent back. I would never order from them again.

Comment

I had a barn mate who finally got boots that fit and look appropriate after first getting ones that were too short and then having them offer to add a leather strip to the top. She actually ended up with both the first pair with the leather strip and a whole new pair. But the whole ordeal took over a year. And her husband speaks fluent Spanish which helped hugely. Plus I heard something about her needing electrical tape over the weekend b/c neither her boots (she uses the first pair for every day) nor her horse's boots would stay attached properly.

After hearing some of the stories here and on other threads, I begin to wonder if they have a supply of boots that they keep sending out to different people, semi-randomly, hoping that there will be a fit.
                          The Evil Chem Prof

Comment

Originally posted by SlamDunk View Post
                            Me too! 3 months, love mine, the zippers did break the first time I put them on, but we were able to fix em, and so far so good.
                            http://community.webshots.com/user/summitspringsfarm

Comment

Crossed over from the Dressage thread and saw this one!

My BO and another friend ordered a pair at WEG and are still waiting on them to come in...I believe they were promised in January. I see the BO this afternoon and will check to see if her's arrived.

The boots looked great as they were being measured, but something about the entire process seemed a bit "off". Just a gut instinct. Glad I didn't order a pair, based off of the comments on this thread.

I'll let you guys know what my BO thinks of them.
                              Unashamed Member of the Dressage Arab Clique
                              CRAYOLA POSSE= Thistle

Comment

Meanwhile, my friend purchased a custom pair of Der Dau's at WEG and had them by her show in November! Fit her perfectly. No breaking in time needed.
                                "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
                                "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
                                Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

Comment

• Original Poster

Alright, I will look elsewhere per general consensus! Thank you! Any other suggestions? I'd really rather not spend over $800...

Comment

I have a pair, but it sounds like I was lucky. Total, I think my trainer has 2 pair, my assistant trainer has 1, I have 1 pair now, and 1 other rider has a pair.

They all came in pretty much on time - mine came in 2 weeks late, but that isn't really that late. I paid $633 even with several custom options, and they are wearing great so far.

One quibble - on the right boot the little leather flap you put the zipper tab through got punched a little big, so it doesn't hold the zipper in. I just need to take it to the cobbler to get a smaller-holed tab, if that makes sense, but I have been lazy.

They required 0 break in time, and fit my very hard to fit, different sized calves the first time.

One of the reps came out to our farm and measured us. Maybe (like CWD?) mileage varies depending on where you buy and your rep?

It sounds like our farm has been lucky. I will say that another adult rider at my farm has the Parlantis (sp?) and she loves them as well.
                                    "Look, I'm trying not to test the durability of the arena with my face!" (Because only GM can do that.)

Comment

Originally posted by Blkarab View Post
                                      Crossed over from the Dressage thread and saw this one!

My BO and another friend ordered a pair at WEG and are still waiting on them to come in...I believe they were promised in January. I see the BO this afternoon and will check to see if her's arrived.

The boots looked great as they were being measured, but something about the entire process seemed a bit "off". Just a gut instinct. Glad I didn't order a pair, based off of the comments on this thread.

I'll let you guys know what my BO thinks of them.
                                      Good friend of mine ordered a pair at WEG, too and hers came in this week. She said they are absolutely gorgeous and fit like a glove. Said "they are too pretty to ride in" and the leather is soft and she does not expect break in to be hard at all.

Comment

I have a pair of their custom paddock boots which i like very much now. When they first arrived, I thought they were a little tight, but they have loosened up with wear and now fit like a glove.

I ordered a pair of tall boots at WEG and have not received them yet. I received an email from the company last week to tell me the boots would be delayed.

Comment

Working...
                                        X