Sport Horse Spotlight

calucci_cf_sq

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncovered boot zipper sliders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncovered boot zipper sliders

Got a pair of ariat winter boots for an early Christmas gift. Love them, but they do not have the little piece of leather that covers the zipper slide like the show boots do. Am concerned that it may rub/scratch saddle flap. Didn't when I rode today, but also not something I want to be distracted by worrying about or worse yet have it scratch up the saddle.

Any suggestions?

Do you mean the whole zip or the zip pull? Neither should be touching your saddle anyway right?

Comment

• Original Poster

The zipper pull & slide, not the whole zipper. Shouldn't be, but (gasp) my riding is not always perfect, & I don't want to gouge a nice saddle if something goes awry. Just would like a little extra insurance.

Comment

You can always take it to a local cobbler and have the piece you want added- bring your show boots with you to demonstrate what you want

Comment

• Original Poster

thank you

Comment

I know I'm in the wrong forum to say this (forgive me, I come from eventer-land)....but could a piece of duct tape work? At least as insurance until you're 150% sure even with not perfect riding you're in the clear.

Comment

• Original Poster

Of course, I am of the firm opinion that you can make/do anything with enough duct tape & craft foam. That is the plan until I can do something more permanent, but don't really want to gunk up the leather using it as a long term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by EVneo View Post
                I know I'm in the wrong forum to say this (forgive me, I come from eventer-land)....but could a piece of duct tape work? At least as insurance until you're 150% sure even with not perfect riding you're in the clear.
                Yay! Eventer duct tape! Magic!! Good stuff
                "Good young horses are bred, but good advanced horses are trained" Sam Griffiths

Comment

Originally posted by EVneo View Post
                  I've used electrical tape for this purpose before. Less gunky than duct tape but same effect. Works really well.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/supershorty628

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X