Sport Horse Spotlight

calucci_cf_sq

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

People Attempting to Undermine Safe Sport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like questions that mimic those used for interrogatories/depositions --do they have standing to sue if they are not a party to any action?

Comment

• And also information-- in the wrong hands -- to troll/harass/etc. investigators and employees of SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denali6298 View Post

Yeah but you use words and write in a very clear manner. I think picture books would convey the information at the comprehension level of the recipient. You could maybe use single words as captions like “bad”, “wrong”, “good”, etc.
        Maybe a Goofus and Gallant sort of approach?

I probably just seriously dated myself...
        The Evil Chem Prof

Comment

• Originally posted by Peggy View Post

Yes, I think you dated yourself, but I'll join you. I doubt Highlights magazine ever envisioned an adult Goofus and Gallant drawn into cartoons depicting them abusing/not abusing minors!

Comment

• [QUOTE=oreo mom;n10572372]
            Originally posted by Ghazzu View Post

Just so with the women you're so concerned about.[/QUOTELook at it this way— since the sports world is filled with abusers, all these children will have a head start on on getting what they want through sex. After all their parents sure did!
            You have some rather "interesting" perspectives on societal norms.
            "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peggy View Post

Literally what I was thinking. But with color. I used to wait with zero patience for my Highlights magazine!

Comment

• Originally posted by skydy View Post

It seems as if she is fishing for information about who may be the next to be investigated ("we have heard"...), but it's actually difficult for me to understand what she is asking for, because of her writing "style".
                I do believe she is fishing, though she's obviously interested in anything that she can use to discredit SafeSport in the public arenas of social media and the courts. I think that if you were - somehow - able to look carefully at whom she is professionally and personally associated with (outside of the obvious GM wagon hitch) over the past 40 years and her clear role as a spokesperson/figurehead in all of this mess, you might get an idea of what she could be trying to get a handle on and avoid, especially if she's been complicit to or participated in certain activities that SafeSport would be interested in knowing about. Though somewhat prominent she may be as a professional, she's a mystery beyond her long-standing association with GM and a few other professionals, and one can clearly see in every Internet writing about her that there's a level of horn-tooting with her and her circle that is of the same sort we see with these people being removed by SafeSport investigations in various sports. At any rate, her questions can be answered simply by looking at the information already put out there by SafeSport and news reports about the organization and it's work, which took me less than an hour or so to distill from what I've read.
                Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Comment

Jenerationx I do think we need to bust out the CoTH crayons. I claim lavender. Also what about “Justice for Pedos”? Has a nice ring to it, and it’s clear.
                  SBM

Justice for Pedos sounds like you want justice for the pedos....or did I miss something lol
                  Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post

SBM

Justice for Pedos sounds like you want justice for the pedos....or did I miss something lol
                    That was for Athletes for Equity’s tag line

Comment

That was for Athletes for Equity’s tag line
                      Ok that makes more sense hahahah
                      Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

• Original Poster

And... another thing that just strikes me as mind boggling, that I might as well add to this thread.

Why in the world would Silver State Pony Club (apparently they are located in Nevada) raise money (over $4000), and then spend it on bringing in the number one George Morris defender to provide an educational opportunity for members? Were there no other national clinicians available for the kids? Perhaps one who isn’t actively fundraising and advocating on behalf of notorious pedophiles?

I can understand the adult hunter jumper community struggling to figure out how to continue to manage longtime associations with VERY vocal “I Stand With George” people. I don’t like it... but I guess I can understand it. I can understand how adults like this might be rather tone deaf, especially if they are individuals who are focused on their own riding and competing, and are not connected in a meaningful way to issues involving minors coming up in the sport.

But why on earth would a PONY CLUB make this choice? Do they not know that Diane Carney is president of an organization that was SPECIFICALLY formed to fight for “equity” for accused child predators?

Does the USPC have any public positions on SafeSport? Are they even aware of the MANY public positions outlined by Diane Carney openly attacking it?

The clinic is apparently scheduled for March 21st and 22nd, 2020. The announcement is dated January 13, 2020. The linked bio for DC that is part of the bio mentions her long-standing affiliations with George Morris, and brings his name up multiple times. But makes no mention that he has been BANNED FOR LIFE because of sexual misconduct involving minors.

Comment

• Maybe someone should tell them? That is crazy!

Comment

Maybe someone should tell them? That is crazy!
                            Their Pony Club website lists the names, phone numbers and email addresses of the board -https://silverstate.ponyclub.org/contact/
                            Inese

Comment

• Originally posted by Virginia Horse Mom View Post
                              But why on earth would a PONY CLUB make this choice? Do they not know that Diane Carney is president of an organization that was SPECIFICALLY formed to fight for “equity” for accused child predators?

Does the USPC have any public positions on SafeSport? Are they even aware of the MANY public positions outlined by Diane Carney openly attacking it?

The clinic is apparently scheduled for March 21st and 22nd, 2020. The announcement is dated January 13, 2020. The linked bio for DC that is part of the bio mentions her long-standing affiliations with George Morris, and brings his name up multiple times. But makes no mention that he has been BANNED FOR LIFE because of sexual misconduct involving minors.
                              I suspect that the organizers know nothing about any of this. If I didn't follow COTH on Facebook, visit the forum fairly frequently, and have friends that show hunters and jumpers at USEF rated shows, I certainly wouldn't know anything about Diane Carney, ISWG, or Athletes for Equity. I probably wouldn't even know that George Morris had been banned.

"Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything
                              that's even remotely true."

Homer Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by Inese View Post

Their Pony Club website lists the names, phone numbers and email addresses of the board -https://silverstate.ponyclub.org/contact/
                                I couldn’t find anything on their website about it...

Virginia Horse Mom where did you see that he’s doing a clinic?

ETA: I read that wrong, Diana Carney is doing a clinic. Eh, if they want to spend their money on someone who works to defend their gravy train that’s on them.

Comment

• Original Poster

So, I just checked out USPC’c national site.

They do indeed have extensive information concerning safety, and as of 2020, have deliberately chosen to align their member protection training requirements with SafeSport. Their site links to SafeSport information, and they do accept SafeSport training that USEF members complete for their own requirement.

I copied and pasted the following directly from their website...

”The United States Pony Clubs, Inc. is dedicated to all aspects of safety for our members and volunteers. Beyond the safety issues inherent to riding and working around horses and ponies, we also strive to teach our members, leaders, and volunteers how to identify behaviors that can lead to an unsafe environment, including bullying and child abuse.

U.S. Center for SafeSport’s online training course covers the following topics in-depth:
                                  • Mandatory Reporting
                                  • Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
                                  • Emotional and Physical Misconduct

The SafeSportTM Trained comprehensive course helps you to recognize if an athlete is being abused, and most importantly you will learn how to prevent this from happening, or how to respond and help if the abuse has already happened. Education and awareness are the most critical components to creating safe and respectful sport environments”

Frankly... if this club knows enough to seek out Diane Carney as a visiting clinician for their membership, then I honestly have a hard time imagining that they know nothing about the George Morris lifetime ban, and the VERY public backlash to SafeSport in the hunter jumper community in the wake of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virginia Horse Mom View Post
                                    So, I just checked out USPC’c national site.

They do indeed have extensive information concerning safety, and as of 2020, have deliberately chosen to align their member protection training requirements with SafeSport. Their site links to SafeSport information, and they do accept SafeSport training that USEF members complete for their own requirement.

I copied and pasted the following directly from their website...

”The United States Pony Clubs, Inc. is dedicated to all aspects of safety for our members and volunteers. Beyond the safety issues inherent to riding and working around horses and ponies, we also strive to teach our members, leaders, and volunteers how to identify behaviors that can lead to an unsafe environment, including bullying and child abuse.

U.S. Center for SafeSport’s online training course covers the following topics in-depth:
                                    • Mandatory Reporting
                                    • Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
                                    • Emotional and Physical Misconduct

The SafeSportTM Trained comprehensive course helps you to recognize if an athlete is being abused, and most importantly you will learn how to prevent this from happening, or how to respond and help if the abuse has already happened. Education and awareness are the most critical components to creating safe and respectful sport environments”

Frankly... if this club knows enough to seek out Diane Carney as a visiting clinician for their membership, then I honestly have a hard time imagining that they know nothing about the George Morris lifetime ban, and the VERY public backlash to SafeSport in the hunter jumper community in the wake of it.
                                    I get where your coming from. I do. But she, despite her convictions, has every right. She’s also doing a clinic that I know for a fact a friend of mine set up. Do I think she’s an ass? Yes. Do I think people should try to ruin her? No. This is a situation where you have to give someone enough rope because they will hang themselves.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Denali6298 View Post

I get where your coming from. I do. But she, despite her convictions, has every right. She’s also doing a clinic that I know for a fact a friend of mine set up. Do I think she’s an ass? Yes. Do I think people should try to ruin her? No. This is a situation where you have to give someone enough rope because they will hang themselves.
                                      My goal is not to ruin DC. I certainly want to point out everything that I see as problematic with her organization, public statements about SafeSport, and her ongoing efforts to undermine it.

And I am certainly pointing out on this thread that I take issue with USEF and USPC saying they are in alignment with SafeSport and the mission of SafeSport... but then having the President of an anti SafeSport organization serve as a licensed official, and highly publicized visiting clinician (the clinic was advertised in TPH).

ynl063w made an interesting point earlier, putting the onus back on the folks involved with Athletes for Equity to either quit USEF, or stop with their anti SafeSport campaign.

I see the issue differently... I think we got to the point we did in terms of NEEDING SafeSport, because for decades NGBs in MULTIPLE sports turned a blind eye to powerful coaches and personalities... who were known to be problematic. It was an issue of organizational politics and an issue of competitive sports, all rolled into one. And people put the issue of the well-being of kids a distant third. So I look at what is going on right now, and am disappointed that the NGB and USPC are not taking on a stronger role in terms of leadership and oversight, given SafeSport and the ongoing conversation. I’m not asking them to boot out anyone as a member, coach or athlete, who is in compliance with the rules. But... do these prominent anti SafeSport voices need to continue on as licensed officials, and highly touted visiting clinicians for children?

That’s my point. I am looking at this, and to me, it raises questions about the sincerity of the commitment to SafeSport by these organizations. That’s a big issue.

I hope that makes more sense.

Comment

• Virginia Horse Mom , I like a lot of your logic. Yes, we deserve SafeSport, much as all these organizations like to complain - we earned it.
                                        I don't care about DC's advocacy.
                                        IF however, she or others say they will not comply, or leave USEF - that's where the line is drawn - then, no, no sponsored clinics, and obviously, no officiating.
                                        It's an interesting question - given that she's an official and licensed by USEF - but as a member, no, I am not going to protest her clinics or officiating.
                                        Great discussion guys!

Comment

Yeah but you use words and write in a very clear manner. I think picture books would convey the information at the comprehension level of the recipient. You could maybe use single words as captions like “bad”, “wrong”, “good”, etc.
                                          And "confusing". Need probably two or through "confusing"'s in that letter Virginia Horse Mom is typing up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X