Sport Horse Spotlight

Fasino-12-16-07-175

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor brag; 10$ Saddle find!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor brag; 10$ Saddle find!

I went to a garage sale last weekend and saw a very sad looking curled up saddle sitting on the pavement. I bought it for 10$ and cleaned it up, and low and behold it’s a Crosby Prix des Nations. 17.5, forward flap!

Wow! What a find!

I have an old Hermès that is like butter, but like that Crosby, these days they don’t fit the “other than TB’s”.

Comment

Sweet! Congrats!!

Comment

"Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt

Comment

Excellent find! One of my favourates too. I bought one for $50 this spring, complete. And a Courbette Stylist for $50 a couple years ago (which fits my "narrow" mare just perfectly!). It's so nice when we LOVE the old style saddles, and others don't value them at all. Bonus for US!
          www.cordovafarm.weebly.com

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by NancyM View Post
            Excellent find! One of my favourates too. I bought one for $50 this spring, complete. And a Courbette Stylist for $50 a couple years ago (which fits my "narrow" mare just perfectly!). It's so nice when we LOVE the old style saddles, and others don't value them at all. Bonus for US!
            I’m going to try riding in it this week and see if my bum will allow it
            If not, I will sell it to someone who will love it. I hate to see moldy, unused curled up saddles sitting somewhere. It breaks my heart!

Comment

That's great! It looks in really good shape too. It's like rescue horses but a lot less money !

Comment

What a bargain. Congrats.
                It is better to ride 5 minutes a day than it is to ride 35 minutes on a Sunday.

Comment

I am pretty sure I have the same one in my shed collecting dust. I had no idea what it could be...
                  https://demirazaespanola.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X