Sport Horse Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

Hart_Barn 1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victory Canter PSA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory Canter PSA

I'm sure that there have been other threads posted before but just in case, a little reminder that with the multitude of places to shop online for horse and rider equipment, you might want to avoid Victory Canter.

I placed an order, my credit card was charged immediately and the order listed as "processing".

Four days later, curious about the total lack of updates (highly unusual in today's online retail landscape), I belatedly did a little research and saw their absolutely HORRENDOUS Google and Yelp reviews about poor/shady business practices.

Based on that information, I emailed, sent an online form, and left a voicemail asking that my order be cancelled and my credit card refunded immediately. I got an email saying "okay!"

Two days later, no refund and order still displaying as "processing" online. I emailed, filled out a form, and called again. I got an email saying that it was cancelled and I should receive a refund by the end of the week.

It is now 9 days after I initially asked for a cancellation/refund and I have not received a refund, nor gotten any further response to my emails or phone calls requesting a timeframe or explanation.

I reported it to my credit card company.

That’s too bad because several years ago they used to get good recommendations on COTH. I never ordered from them and prefer to buy from my local tack shop but I’ve known several people who had a good experience with them.

Comment

I had a similar experience - placed an order, it was "processing" and I got responses from them to my first couple of emails, but when I started pushing for why hasn't it shipped yet and where's my tracking information, the responses stopped. I would not feel comfortable ordering from them again.

Comment

That's such a bummer! I used to order from them all the time but it's been a couple of years. They always had great sales & free shipping!

Comment

Yes, they’ve been hit or miss. This thread reminded me to follow up on the order I placed Aug 4. Just sent them an e-mail.

I had to dispute via PayPal last time they never shipped my order. But got my money back.

Note to self, cross them off my list for online shopping!

Comment

Working...
          X