Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

1539 Hatchaway Bridge Road 100

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Watch USA Horse Racing Free Online in Australia??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Watch USA Horse Racing Free Online in Australia??

I'm from Australia but I have a keen interest in USA horse racing.....Our local racing telecasting Sky Racing show about 8-10 races (inc harness racing) from across the US but as for the other 100s of races, it's very hard to get to watch them.

I know if you make a betting account TVG or Twinspires (and there's probably several others as well I'm sure) they give you the free vision of all races, but that leaves Aussies hamstrung because even using a VPN it's impossible to create a USA betting account from outside the country and have it verified (I've tried) because you need an SSN matching up with your personal details to be verified to be able to view the races.

Is there any way to watch all the venues online for free? We get the MASSIVE races like the Derby, Preakness, Belmont, Breeders Cup etc on Sky Racing but even big G1's like the Haskell the other week I was unable to watch.whatsapp web whatsapp plus

It's strange because many of our online betting services in Australia bet on these races but there's no readily found vision of them for Australian's.

If anyone has an idea of how I can get around the twists & turns and make an American betting account to watch or better yet somewhere that live streams for free I'd love to know. I quite like NBC's coverage of the major races but we can't even get that being in Australia even with a VPN because NBC requires a USA cable network subscription.

Thanks In Advance!
    Last edited by DamianGerard; Aug. 10, 2019, 03:31 PM.

It isn't free, but you might want to look into www.rtn.tv

That channel shows the majority of U.S. races and isn't tied to a betting account.
    www.laurienberenson.com

Comment

Have you contacted Twin Spires or TVG? I am in the US, and I don"t gamble, but I wanted to get an account for all the bling. Couldn't be done as gambling is strictly forbidden in my state. Or check out what Laurie sez. She is pretty knowledgable about racing here.
      Another killer of threads

Comment

If you open an Equibase account (free) I believe they have videos of most of the races (after the fact), but I'm not certain.
        The Bloodhorse also has videos of most of the major races after the fact.

At least you could look into those two sources.

Comment

I've gotten hooked on "America's Day At The Races" and "Saratoga Racing", both of which have aired on FS2 (Fox Sports 2?). Sometimes, they don't show all of the races, so I go to https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/racing/results. They have limited replays of the races, i.e. loading the starting gate and a few minutes after the race. This is for same-day racing. To the right is "Race Replays", and you can search by date for the Saratoga races. (Oooh, I've just found "Stakes Schedule" further down!)

Other tracks may have something similar--I'm just finding this stuff myself. I might check the websites of the racetracks where "special" races are held. They MIGHT show it live. I think I've watched horsey stuff on NBCSN.com (NBC Sports Network), and it's possible that ABC and CBS have their own sports networks.

And, of course, YouTube has a lot of races posted on it. Not so helpful, if you want to watch it live, but it's usually there.
          "Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt

Comment

Working...
          X