Sport Horse Spotlight

Flamenco head 2 (web)_300DH

Real Estate Spotlight

1539 Hatchaway Bridge Road 100

Sale Spotlight

  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Morris on the SS list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Duckz View Post

    She?
    Yes. She. Someone (*) has clearly not been following along.

    (*) Not you. The person who posted the comment.
    The Evil Chem Prof

    Comment


    • #22
      I got an email statement from him...not sure why because I am a dressage rider.
      Humans dont mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. Sebastian Junger

      Comment


      • #23
        The Facebook comments are funny. People acting like they haven’t heard whispers.....

        Comment


        • #24
          I got the email from him at 5pm.
          Let's see what develops. I was wondering when someone would post.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Bogey2 View Post
            I got an email statement from him...not sure why because I am a dressage rider.
            Because “somehow” it seems he got the USEF email list seeing as everyone got it ay the same time. L O L
            www.thetexasequestrian.com

            Comment


            • #26
              That was predictable. It should be interesting. We'll see how many in the hunter/jumper world are really comfortable with the "no statutes of limitations" concept, where it means bringing down the sport's greatest luminary with 50 year old allegations.

              (And please do not misinterpret my comment to mean I think his alleged behavior would be acceptable today or anytime in the last couple decades.)

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Belmont View Post

                Because “somehow” it seems he got the USEF email list seeing as everyone got it ay the same time. L O L
                I didn't get it, but I haven't gotten anything from USEF in a long time now that I think about it. I suspect that I managed to unsubscribe from USEF itself by unsubscribing from one of the spam emails from someone trying to sell something. That has happened before.

                Edited to add that I thought that GM didn't do email?
                The Evil Chem Prof

                Comment


                • #28
                  I’m not terribly shocked as we have all heard rumors, and George himself has admitted to bad behavior in his early years.
                  However, I’m not really sure the ban will actually effect him much. Most of his clients come to him and from what I understand he doesn’t come to shows in a trainer position very often. I can’t see his clinics stopping or a drying up of people wanting to train with him. I seriously doubt his wealthy clients will desert him... and if they do, he can certainly come teach me!

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    I saw told he could not do clinics with USEF members in attendance. Is that correct?
                    McDowell Racing Stables

                    Home Away From Home

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      You know what makes me sick, outside the obvious if the allegations are proven true? Someone is going to use this as an excuse to start the same old [stuff] about Anne Kursinski speaking up. She was brave and she doesn’t deserve that.
                      Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 5, 2019, 10:18 PM.
                      "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep." - Harry Dresden

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Originally posted by StormyDay View Post
                        I’m not terribly shocked as we have all heard rumors, and George himself has admitted to bad behavior in his early years.
                        However, I’m not really sure the ban will actually effect him much. Most of his clients come to him and from what I understand he doesn’t come to shows in a trainer position very often. I can’t see his clinics stopping or a drying up of people wanting to train with him. I seriously doubt his wealthy clients will desert him... and if they do, he can certainly come teach me!
                        And this is why the cries of a ruined life and reputation are false. Not criticizing but I hate when people say that because clearly there are clients no matter what.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Paul Vallerie (sp) has gotten along just fine with a lifetime USEF ban.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            I'm a USEF member and get all the emails, but I haven't received George's yet.

                            I have to say, the response from my horse circle on social media has been very interesting. However this turns out, I feel like I'm learning a lot about how people think about sexual assault, and I'm really not impressed.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Well this should get interesting.... The rumors have been around for among time. Wonder how many more will end in this fashion also?
                              I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                The use of USEF email list for personal reasons is not cool. Who wants to get emails from everyone being investigated by SS?

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Originally posted by 541hunter View Post
                                  I'm a USEF member and get all the emails, but I haven't received George's yet.

                                  I have to say, the response from my horse circle on social media has been very interesting. However this turns out, I feel like I'm learning a lot about how people think about sexual assault, and I'm really not impressed.
                                  Me neither.
                                  "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu
                                  Semantics

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    There are multiple people saying she, which really helps to demonstrate how people who don't know someone at all, like really basic public knowledge, feel free to voice their insanely wrong and ignorant opinions. Like, you don't know George Morris is gay, I'm confused how you even know who he is then.
                                    Let me apologize in advance.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Originally posted by skydy View Post
                                      The use of USEF email list for personal reasons is not cool. Who wants to get emails from everyone being investigated by SS?
                                      Excellent point

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Admittedly we don't know what list he has, hopefully it isn't USEF.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          I don't know he's gay. His sexual orientation has nothing to do with his equestrian accomplishments. I have followed him throughout the years and am saddened to see these allegations. I don't want to assume he is guilty nor do I want to assume the victim is lying. I only hope that there is evidence that can be provided to prove these facts and if it is true, then I hope the victim can find closure.

                                          I am always concerned about these types of situations when they involve public figures. The victim may truly be an innocent who was afraid, embarrassed, shocked, or confused. They may have decided with the way things are now that by coming forward - they can loan others the strength to do so as well.

                                          However, sometimes in situations like this, the victim isn't exactly innocent because being quiet or participating in certain acts may have helped them advance in their career path.

                                          Only the victim, the accused, and the man upstairs knows the truth in the situation.

                                          Eitherway, it saddens me.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X