Stallion Spotlight

Vitalis_img_4461skawx LL_Fotos

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_0200
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

CWD SE17?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWD SE17?

I currently have an SE01 but have decided to switch to a less forward flap. I found a 2g SE17 for a great price and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this seat in terms of depth. How does it compare to the SE01? I'm assuming deeper than the SE01 but less deep than the SE02 but am not sure. (Yes, I know the se01 and se01 are different than the 2gs, but I'm referring to seat depth ). Thank you in advance!

A SE17 is the ORIGINAL SE25. So it's the first model 2G - ((not yet the 2Gs)). It's likely going to be as deep or deeper than most SE02's you've ever sat in (half deep, gel seats that are older and broken in). The SE17 is also "double treed" as the original concept of a 2G was a "tree for the rider and a tree for the horse" - which means they are heavier and the composite/kevlar blend isn't QUUIIITTEE right - however should be better than the 2012/2013 models due to the double tree.
    www.thetexasequestrian.com

Comment

• Original Poster

Thank you! Do you think it would be a major difference going from a se01 "flatter" seat to the deeper se17? I'm also switching from the 3c to the 3l so I know that'll be an adjustment as well.

Comment

Yes! There will be a difference in the way your seat bones sit in the saddle due to the depth of the seat and due to the shape of the seat. The twist on a 2G and 2Gs are both different than the SE01 (especially if your SE01 is an earlier model). The good news is a flap on a 2G sat more forward (up until 2018ish) than on a classic. Bad news? A 3L will still be longer than a 3C.
        www.thetexasequestrian.com

Comment

• Original Poster

Thank you! I got my 3c about 4/5 years ago when I rode with my stirrups shorter and when I had a shorter leg. Now that I ride with longer stirrups (and my leg is longer) my leg doesn't fit the 3c as it did before. I rode in a 3l se02 a few times and liked it, so hopefully this one will work out

Comment

It is a big difference. I had an SE02, which is already a deeper seat that an SE01, and I quite disliked my 2G. I always wanted one but when I finally had one the deeper seat just didnt work for me at all.

Comment

Working...
            X