Stallion Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

BHCH10
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Rob Gage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Steve Bostwick? He wrote this on Facebook. “How about a go to the headquarters and camp there ! They ruined my future to teach !!! F@#@ you safe sport , rip rob gage,” He has been pretty rude in his posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby7 View Post
      Who is Steve Bostwick?
      I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby7 View Post
        Who is Steve Bostwick?

Comment

• The only mention of him that I’ve seen is about him being involved with one of the horses by Gemini, Gem Twist’s clone.

Amazing isn’t it? Convicted child molesters getting support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capall View Post

ETA: I also want to add that I do not think *I* am the one with the sick mind because I do not think that sex with minors is ok. It makes me wonder what kind of person thinks that I have a sick mind because I think that sex with children is abhorrent behavior.
            I just wanted to highlight this part of your post. This is what is wrong with people. I get mourning a friend. I do. But to make this kind of statement? We are the sick individuals because we do not tolerate sexual abuse of children we are some how sick individuals? Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHM View Post
              HIs facebook page says Grand Prix Jumping and Horse Breaking, so there's that. That's all I know about him except for his crazy rantings about Anne K. Because she twirled her crop as a child.
              You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midge View Post

HIs facebook page says Grand Prix Jumping and Horse Breaking, so there's that. That's all I know about him except for his crazy rantings about Anne K. Because she twirled her crop as a child.
                She twirled her crop?!? Well, that explains it, then.

Comment

• ignore
                  ~Veronica
                  "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
                  http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

• Originally posted by Roser123 View Post

Oh, okay, you could retitle this thread, and then I could start another one and speak my truth there because, something titled “Rob Gage” isn’t the place for it.
                    i feel sad. I have looked to this forum so often for answers, especially with my horses health, and to witness this fever against a man I thought so highly of is really tough.
                    I’m sorry for loss but it shouldn’t be that tough to read. What’s tough is acknowledging that someone you thought so highly of had a darker side, one which hurt numerous people.

Comment

Haha! For someone who was so quick to point out my typo, you sure are sloppy with your facts.
                      Theres a difference between “ abhorrent behaviors toward MINOR CHILDREN” and “sexual conduct involving a minor”.
                      Clearly, you have a personal grudge against the man. I hope this is helping you get your feelings out.
                      Here's the thing. Semantics don't work here. Because "sexual conduct involving a minor" is, in fact, "abhorrent behavoirs towards MINOR CHILDREN."

At least in the minds of the healthy and well-adjusted citizens of the world.

Merriam-Webster defines abhorrent as:

1 : causing or deserving strong dislike or hatred : being so repugnant as to stir up positive antagonism, acts abhorrent to every right-minded person
                      2 : not agreeable : CONTRARY
                      a notion abhorrent to their philosophy
                      3a : feeling or showing strong dislike or hatred
                      b archaic : strongly opposed

Synonyms: abominable, appalling, awful, disgusting, distasteful, dreadful, evil, foul, fulsome, gross, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrid, loathsome, nasty, nauseating, nauseous, noisome, noxious, obnoxious, obscene, odious, offensive, rancid, repellent (also repellant), repugnant, repulsive, revolting, scandalous, shocking, sickening, ugly

Antonyms: innocuous, inoffensive

The age of the child is irrelevant. 7, 12, 17...It's abhorrent. For the folks out there on FB arguing that "17 is close enough" well, no. It's not. And if you're really that close to age of majority, and you guys are really "in love." Just wait till said minor turns 18 in a few weeks. Otherwise. Yup. Abhorrent.

And in the case being discussed, RG, that's children. Plural. That means more than one victim has come forward. More than one person was impacted badly enough to carry the scars for so long that they were willing to risk the wrath of the entire community to blow the whistle.

That must've been some pretty abhorrent behavior on the part of RG.

Honestly, this case and the reaction to it scares me half to death. The industry is sending a very loud message: that abhorrent behavior is a-ok. Victims are the ones to blame.

The fact is, the abhorrent pack-victim-attack going on all over social media is counter-productive to the very thing a lot of people are calling out for: transparency. If ever RG's victims thought of going public, they are now likely so scared that it will never happen. Ever. So no one outside SS will ever know. Good job.

AND, the abhorrent pack-attack on victims is helping to ensure other victims of other creeps won't report. Who in their right mind would sign up to be publically vilified? Who? They've already suffered, so let's come after them with virtual pitchforks! Way to right a license to molest, FB gang. Are g-you proud of yourselves that among g-you, g-you have accepted well-known convicted child molesters? Because so far, no one has called out their comments.

There will be more SS cases. We all know it (not least because a lot of folks on FB are claiming "everyone did it" or "it was normal at the time"). And there will, sadly, be more suicides. And some of them will be victims who felt so trapped it was the only way out.

Not to be faceatious, but "Won't someone think of the children?"

Comment

• Steve is not 100% there any more IMO. I helped him out with some horses and had 1 boarded with him 7+ years ago, then he moved out of state for a few years, and he moved back and helped me out with a foal a few years ago. Since moving back his Facebook comments have been very odd. IIRC he may have had a few head injuries which could be a contributing factor. I have no clue why he says USEF ruined teaching for him, he looks to be still in good standing (though not active).

​​​​​​
                        Last edited by skip99; Jun. 22, 2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkBayUnicorn View Post

Here's the thing. Semantics don't work here. Because "sexual conduct involving a minor" is, in fact, "abhorrent behavoirs towards MINOR CHILDREN."

1 : causing or deserving strong dislike or hatred : being so repugnant as to stir up positive antagonism, acts abhorrent to every right-minded person

Synonyms: abominable, appalling, awful, disgusting, distasteful, dreadful, evil, foul, fulsome, gross, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrid, loathsome, nasty, nauseating, nauseous, noisome, noxious, obnoxious, obscene, odious, offensive, rancid, repellent (also repellant), repugnant, repulsive, revolting, scandalous, shocking, sickening, ugly

The age of the child is irrelevant. 7, 12, 17...It's abhorrent. For the folks out there on FB arguing that "17 is close enough" well, no. It's not. And if you're really that close to age of majority, and you guys are really "in love." Just wait till said minor turns 18 in a few weeks. Otherwise. Yup. Abhorrent.

And in the case being discussed, RG, that's children. Plural. That means more than one victim has come forward. More than one person was impacted badly enough to carry the scars for so long that they were willing to risk the wrath of the entire community to blow the whistle.

Honestly, this case and the reaction to it scares me half to death. The industry is sending a very loud message: that abhorrent behavior is a-ok. Victims are the ones to blame.

The fact is, the abhorrent pack-victim-attack going on all over social media is counter-productive to the very thing a lot of people are calling out for: transparency. If ever RG's victims thought of going public, they are now likely so scared that it will never happen. Ever. So no one outside SS will ever know. Good job.

AND, the abhorrent pack-attack on victims is helping to ensure other victims of other creeps won't report. Who in their right mind would sign up to be publically vilified? Who? They've already suffered, so let's come after them with virtual pitchforks! Way to right a license to molest, FB gang. Are g-you proud of yourselves that among g-you, g-you have accepted well-known convicted child molesters? Because so far, no one has called out their comments.

There will be more SS cases. We all know it (not least because a lot of folks on FB are claiming "everyone did it" or "it was normal at the time"). And there will, sadly, be more suicides. And some of them will be victims who felt so trapped it was the only way out.

As far as not calling out the mob on FB, honestly, anyone doing so becomes a lightning rod for their anger. Kristin Hardin posted a thoughtful message. She and others who have made rational comments on rant threads have been attacked.

I think that the firestorm on social media isn’t just about people mourning the loss of their friend. Granted, there are some who do stick to tributes and mourning. I have no problem with that. However, I also believe, for others, it is precisely about intimidating other victims into not coming forward. As far as this case is concerned, multiple victims of various ages have already come forward and given statements to Safesport. This is not the case of a single 17 year old from 40 years ago “with an ax to grind”.

The other thing I have seen mentioned by those who defend not just RG, but basically any trainer who had sex with minors, is alcohol use by the girls.I was there in the early 1980s and while I can’t speak to later years or other individuals, during that time frame, I never saw Rob drink. In fact, I saw him discourage drinking. I have confirmed my recollection with others who were around him at the time. At least, in his case, this wasn’t drunken teens throwing themselves at a “star” as people ranting on FB would like everyone to believe.

By by the way, let’s be really clear: even a drunken underage teenage girl throwing herself at a trainer is no excuse. It was legally rape then and it’s rape now. To those who say that it was the environment at the time, so it’s no big deal. Really? The victims are real. Their pain is real. This is how we want to portray our sport?

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkBayUnicorn View Post

Thank you for this post. You are exactly right.

And including the antonyms was important. Semantics DO matter, but I am going to use poor grammar and employ a double negative to say...

I do NOT think an adult professional or coach having sex with a 17 year old rider is innocuous.

Comment

• I agree the social media fb mob is out of control. I feel so sorry for the victims. SS is a neutral party, thank goodness. Can you imagine if it was a peer group that determined guilt or not? If that was the case, all horse world pedophiles would have no worries.
                              Maybe the victims & the accused should take a voluntary lie detector test. That might help validate to some people that victims are telling the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by skip99 View Post
                                Steve is not 100% there any more IMO. I helped him out with some horses and had 1 boarded with him 7+ years ago, then he moved out of state for a few years, and he moved back and helped me out with a foal a few years ago. Since moving back his Facebook comments have been very odd. IIRC he may have had a few head injuries which could be a contributing factor. I have no clue why he says USEF ruined teaching for him, he looks to be still in good standing (though not active).

​​​​​​
                                One of his comments said he was accused of “abuse” twice, and that it took 10 years to rebuild his reputation. I have no idea if the abuse was Safe Sport type abuse, or if it was a really ugly divorce or what. Just to be fair.

Comment

• The people I know who do NOT drink, when hanging out with a drinking crowd, are almost always

1. An alcoholic who is in recovery
                                  2. Someone with a health reason, such as pregnancy, being on certain medication, or some other health condition.

Or...

3. They do not like feeling out of control.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllOverFarm View Post
                                    I agree the social media fb mob is out of control. I feel so sorry for the victims. SS is a neutral party, thank goodness. Can you imagine if it was a peer group that determined guilt or not? If that was the case, all horse world pedophiles would have no worries.
                                    Maybe the victims & the accused should take a voluntary lie detector test. That might help validate to some people that victims are telling the truth.
                                    I assume you were joking about lie detector tests,. We don’t have to prove anything to the mob. Safesport had evidence from multiple victims and corroboration from others.

Comment

• As far as validating to some people who is telling the truth and who is not...

Lie detectors are unreliable to such a degree, they are not admitted in a court of law. Especially when people are highly stressed or emotional. Coming forward to anyone with an accusation of sexual abuse IS highly stressful and emotional for the victim. And even when POLICE use voluntary lie detectors during an investigation (but not as evidence to present in court) it applies to the SUSPECT.

Comment

Well, let me walk you through it s l o w l y. OJ Simpson and Rob Gage have nothing in common (except perhaps in your sorted little mind). In fact, OJ Simpson’s accusers/charges were put out there for all the world to see ... Rob’s weren’t, and he was never an ‘awful human being’.
                                        Except for having sex with minor girls, but maybe that's ok with you? Would you have let your daughter sleep with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denali6298 View Post

I just wanted to highlight this part of your post. This is what is wrong with people. I get mourning a friend. I do. But to make this kind of statement? We are the sick individuals because we do not tolerate sexual abuse of children we are some how sick individuals? Wow.
                                          I didn’t make that statement ... and that’s my whole point. Attributing things falsely, and embellishing others is dishonest. The situation is bad enough without making stuff up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X