Stallion Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

105 DSCN0687
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Rob Gage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GPjumper View Post
    Right but the suspension was only about 3 days. (Because it was a weekend). They hadn’t yet spoken to the accused or those associated. It was just a formal letter from a lawyer that got the suspension lifted. The way poltron explained it, he should have been suspended for more time pending the investigation....
    The accused has a right to request a hearing at anytime during the suspension. Perhaps that is what happened. Not every case is going to go from point A to point B with the same amount of time in between.

Clearly whatever was said in the letter was enough to lift the suspension. They didn’t need to talk to the accused or anyone else. It seems now your critical of something good?

Comment

considering safesport and usef have released minors’ names as well.......yes there are some things to be concerned with.
      Really? When? Obviously not asking you to give out minors’ names but that’s rather extraordinary. Anyone else hear about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by oneequestrienne View Post

Really? When? Obviously not asking you to give out minors’ names but that’s rather extraordinary. Anyone else hear about this?
        I believe there was one minor guy's name released and redacted within like 48hrs. Not that that makes it right, but that's what I recall. he received a temp suspension and it was gone almost immediately.
        Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

• GPjumper’s claims honestly should quiet half the SafeSport opponents out there...

Not only do you get a hearing (which anyone who spent 30 seconds researching could have confirmed), but they may even release your interim suspension as a result of it?!?

“Blasting” a name of an accused adult is never going to be problematic in my eyes. Any public servant is subject to the same treatment. We get bombarded with so much information these days that any hits to the reputation are temporary at most.
          Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Comment

• Originally posted by Texarkana View Post
            GPjumper’s claims honestly should quiet half the SafeSport opponents out there...

Not only do you get a hearing (which anyone who spent 30 seconds researching could have confirmed), but they may even release your interim suspension as a result of it?!?

“Blasting” a name of an accused adult is never going to be problematic in my eyes. Any public servant is subject to the same treatment. We get bombarded with so much information these days that any hits to the reputation are temporary at most.
            Exactly. I can’t even see how they can complain about the process aside from having a friend caught up in it. A 72 hour suspension? Imagine if it was the police? Way longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denali6298 View Post

Exactly. I can’t even see how they can complain about the process aside from having a friend caught up in it. A 72 hour suspension? Imagine if it was the police? Way longer.
              That is not the final result. Final result is still pending. And yes, a minor’s name was released. Suspension is lifted but he has not been cleared. (Or the last I heard.) just because the suspensions are lifted, does not mean a decision has been made. If you knew the history of the case I’m involved with, you would understand the annoyance.

Comment

That is not the final result. Final result is still pending. And yes, a minor’s name was released. Suspension is lifted but he has not been cleared. (Or the last I heard.) just because the suspensions are lifted, does not mean a decision has been made. If you knew the history of the case I’m involved with, you would understand the annoyance.
                I get the annoyance regardless. I would not want to have to deal with something like that. What I mean is, it’s a GOOD process that their suspension got lifted just from their attorney. The way people talk here and on Facebook SS just goes half cocked suspending people with no investigation. Personally I’d rather they talk their time to get it right. It benefits the accused and it benefits the victims.

Not getting into details but if you disagree with the short suspension I hope you said something.

I do agree with blasting the name of the accused as well. Jim Giorgio who has been all over Facebook blasting SS was convicted of child molestation and extortion. He got a suspended sentence and no longer has to register as a sex offender. That’s SS working.

Another on the list Randall Cates sued his local organization over the ban. He lost. The parents called the police however, without the daughters cooperation they couldn’t get a case. The evidence they did have was the girl’s diary entries and about 2,000 texts which both the girl and Cates said were fabricated.

Comment

As any trial or hearing or hell, meeting, is annoying. But having a system in place was necessary and well past timely. Systems are generally slow, because people are trying their best to get things right and protect the community.
                  Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

I get the annoyance regardless. I would not want to have to deal with something like that. What I mean is, it’s a GOOD process that their suspension got lifted just from their attorney. The way people talk here and on Facebook SS just goes half cocked suspending people with no investigation. Personally I’d rather they talk their time to get it right. It benefits the accused and it benefits the victims.

Not getting into details but if you disagree with the short suspension I hope you said something.
                    I did. I told them they should have spoken to the accused first before making them pay fees and hire an attorney to remove the suspension. I don’t believe in releasing names, especially of minors, without allowing someone to defend themselves at least at the most basic level.

I was also made the superiors aware of dangerous practices towards witnesses and victims.

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyj79 View Post

I believe there was one minor guy's name released and redacted within like 48hrs. Not that that makes it right, but that's what I recall. he received a temp suspension and it was gone almost immediately.
                      Thank you for the info.

Comment

I did. I told them they should have spoken to the accused first before making them pay fees and hire an attorney to remove the suspension. I don’t believe in releasing names, especially of minors, without allowing someone to defend themselves at least at the most basic level.

I was also made the superiors aware of dangerous practices towards witnesses and victims.
                        Minors I agree with and hopefully it was a one off mistake. I disagree with your first statement. If g-you want law enforcement to handle this than it will be way more expensive. Lawyers, bail, court fees. That’s life when people get caught in the system. That doesn’t mean we throw it out.

They did defend themselves at a basic level. Attorney sent letter. They could have sent a letter. At any time they can request a hearing. If they don’t and just sit there waiting well that’s on them. Even in court the defense does a lot of preparation and strategy. Even jury picking. Experts are hired to help.

Also I added to my post you quoted about where it’s fabulous.

I hope things work out.

Comment

• http://annepolliauthor.com/uncategor...threats-oh-my/

Hey guys! We have cutsie screen names.....And because it was mentioned, the list people are interested in is for my boarding options and it is not being taken from the go-fund me for the family. That’s just sick.
                          Last edited by Denali6298; Jun. 17, 2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Minors I agree with and hopefully it was a one off mistake. I disagree with your first statement. If g-you want law enforcement to handle this than it will be way more expensive. Lawyers, bail, court fees. That’s life when people get caught in the system. That doesn’t mean we throw it out.

They did defend themselves at a basic level. Attorney sent letter. They could have sent a letter. At any time they can request a hearing. If they don’t and just sit there waiting well that’s on them. Even in court the defense does a lot of preparation and strategy. Even jury picking. Experts are hired to help.

Also I added to my post you quoted about where it’s fabulous.

I hope things work out.
                            This case is not cut and dry. As I said, I can’t discuss the details but once everything is settled, I will. I will even give details as to how safesport conducted my interview etc. none was handled professionally and it left me wide open to backlash from the accusers and their gossip circle.

Comment

This case is not cut and dry. As I said, I can’t discuss the details but once everything is settled, I will. I will even give details as to how safesport conducted my interview etc. none was handled professionally and it left me wide open to backlash from the accusers and their gossip circle.
                              I’m sorry you are going through it. I feel that, that person who is name sharing needs to not work there. That is unprofessional. It’s not right.

Comment

Does the accused have to (or would be prudent to) hire a lawyer for the proceedings?
                                "Punch him in the wiener. Then leave." AffirmedHope

Comment

• Originally posted by CindyCRNA View Post

Does the accused have to (or would be prudent to) hire a lawyer for the proceedings?
                                  I believe so. They also have to pay for all the arbitration fees I believe. The expenses fall on the accused.

Comment

http://annepolliauthor.com/uncategor...threats-oh-my/

Hey guys! We have cutsie screen names.....And because it was mentioned, the list people are interested in is for my boarding options and it is not being taken from the go-fund me for the family. That’s just sick.
                                    I haven't screen shot and submitted anything, but I assume (yes, there's that word) that what is being screenshot and submitted is not basic disagreement with Safesport. We can all agree, disagree, and work to make it better. What I assume (yes, there's that word) is the scary stuff is being screenshot - the threats to AK, the ranting that the victim should be tried for murder, the victim blaming, and, yes, the convicted child molesters being fully supported in their attempts to get off the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLBGP View Post

I haven't screen shot and submitted anything, but I assume (yes, there's that word) that what is being screenshot and submitted is not basic disagreement with Safesport. We can all agree, disagree, and work to make it better. What I assume (yes, there's that word) is the scary stuff is being screenshot - the threats to AK, the ranting that the victim should be tried for murder, the victim blaming, and, yes, the convicted child molesters being fully supported in their attempts to get off the list.
                                      Nah. We are just lock step with Safe sport hiding behind cutsie screen names. LadyJ nailed it when she said the hill these people die on is getting pinched for drugging and child molestation.

I always admired RG. But like I did with my friend and mentor, nope walk away. There is some good discussion going on, on Facebook. And in those discussions people admit to knowing. They are civil because they are having the struggle I had with the person I knew. My struggle just didn’t happen on Facebook. Putting stuff out like that on Facebook has only one intent.

Comment

• I have also noticed that the true professionals haven’t had this BS on their Facebook pages.

Comment

• Denali6298 - thanks for sharing a link to that cute little blog. My oh my.

This thread jumps around quite a lot, and I am certainly guilty of going off on tangents... but here I go.

Back to some of the insanity on Facebook. You know -shaming and online bullying and all that. Let’s talk about that a bit more.

I went back and read the link to the article about John Lipari that was posted earlier. Here’s a link for anyone who didn’t read it ... upsetting stuff.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...708-story.html

Then I got confused slightly about which California professional it was who had been vocal on Facebook in the wake of RGs passing was connected by marriage to this terrible Lipari story. I assumed the former brother in law quoted in this article was the person, and looked at his Facebook Page to see what was going on because this whole connection between multiple stories involving the sexual abuse of minors (the stories of those abused by Lipari are terrible - good for them for speaking about their experiences) and multiple people in a relatively small equestrian community in one corner of the country is pretty extreme by any standard. And supposedly, someone connected to multiple figures who have been publicly accused of profound sexual abuse of minors was on Facebook speaking out AGAINST Safe Sport?

So I looked at this person’s public Facebook page.

And wow. Just wow.

There is a long post 4 days ago about how “wrong” what “happened” to Jimmy Williams and RG is. 100 plus comments follow, but in one of this person’s own comments, he mentions he was connected with an Olympic Committee a few years ago, and had gotten Safe Sport training in that capacity 4-5 yrs ago as they were first developing training and Safe Sport guidelines. Which confuses me as I didn’t think training or guidelines were available 4-5 yrs ago. But I am not involved in the Olympics in any way shape or form. Looking at his public page, From what I can gather, he’s currently affiliated with Modern Pentathlon. I’m completely ignorant when it comes to our Olympic Pentathlon program, and who is involved in selection and coaching, etc. But the connection to ANY Olympic team was stunning, given the positions he puts forth in a public post about Jimmy Williams and Safe Sport, and victims coming forward years after the offenses occurred with allegations of sexual offenses against minors.

The primary post on the topic publicly, repeatedly, speaks about how wrong “what was done to Jimmy Williams” was. He apparently loved Jimmy like a brother. That was the way it was in California back then (coaches sleeping with minors). “Everyone” knows people who were guilty of this stuff, but it’s wrong to bring it up now as part of a Safe Sport Investigation because it was different then. And coaches and professionals who were part of that world shouldn’t be sanctioned and banned now. Because it’s terrible and wrong to do so - people could lose their livelihoods.

I sincerely hope US Pentathlon takes these post into account when thinking about who they want to associate with going forward.

A few people did speak up and politely, and push back in the 100 plus comments in response to his post. Others AGREE with his sentiments. But in a truly surreal comment on his own post in response to someone pushing back on the central premise that victims speaking up about being sexually abused by coaches when they were minors is actually something we really shouldn’t shut down because it happened a long time ago, and that’s just how it was in California... he says...

*Copied and pasted from his own comment on his own public post so that I quote accurately*

“ME-TO” is a movement to come forward and express yourself for the time in ur life where u were compromised
                                          Not to wait 25-30-35-40 yrs after someone is no longer with us, or incapacitated where a woman or man comes forward and their story now has been embellished or a wandering memory
                                          Surely there are REAL MEMORIES, then there are Blood Sucking Memories just to ruin someone
                                          Just like what happen to our Dear Friend RG
                                          I AM SORRY, but I can tell you, what happening the 60’s thru the 80’s. We had many s pretty young EQUESTRISN who could not keep their tips clipped and their bottoms tight
                                          Many careers are being ruined
                                          These people are NOT GUILTY UNTIL PTOVEN INNOCENT!

End of quoted Facebook comment.

For the record, I DO hope people close to the investigation have a screenshot of this comment, and I do hope it is sent to USEF and Safe Sport. I do NOT think that amounts to anyone “bullying” a grown man. This comment is by a grown man, about women who were apparently MOLESTED as juniors by coaches he “loves like brothers.” It’s a nasty thing for any person who previously or currently is involved with coaching junior equestrians to say about young women. Period. Full Stop.

I do hope USEF and Safe Sport are serious about following up with sanctions for people who are engaging in this sort of commentary online about victims who reported to Safe Sport regarding the RG matter, or the Jimmy Williams matter. Either we are at the beginning of a new era in youth sports, and people who go through Safe Sport training take it seriously... or they don’t buy into it, and are still going to justify behavior that is criminal and abusive now, and was criminal and abusive then. Even in California in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s.

Discussions and concerns about Safe Sport processes are one thing. People are entitled to their opinions, and if there are ways to improve the processes, that’s a good thing. But posts on Facebook alleging people who came forward about being abused by Jimmy Williams (we know details because the victims shared their stories publicly), and posts about other anonymous victims who obviously shared with Safe Sport experiences with RG as minors that resulted in a lifetime ban from sport... describing the teenage girls they once were in this manner, and describing any victim of sexual abuse, and process of them coming to terms with their memories years after the fact and deciding to come forward in THIS manner?

It’s absolutely Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                          X