Stallion Spotlight

Sir Donnerhall_02Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

DSC_0001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Rob Gage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the person who related being abused at age 7 by the boyfriend of your best friend’s big sister, you were amazing at protecting yourself by curling up in a sleeping bag in a way he could not get to you. I know you said you were haunted by not telling but you were an amazing kid and innovative and sensible and self protective and aware. Huge mental hug to the kid you were and the adult you are. Suicide is awful for everyone. I have no doubt the friends and family of Mr. Gage are devastated. I lost a friend and family members to suicide and a friend to a serial rapist/murderer and it was and is a howling grief. However, the pain owned by victims is immense. I thank all the survivors who told your stories and appreciate those who did not. You have my respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crashing Boar View Post

For those who weren't there, the entire point of the "Sexual Revolution" was that all the entrenched ETHICS previously enforced by church, state, and culture were thrown overboard, wholesale and with glee! Personally I don't think that experiment has aged well at all. It's left us with the societal mess we have today. But those were the times and people did what they did.

The more important question is under what circumstances occurrences in the context of half a century ago are relevant to the here and now. If the person is not a present (nor recent) threat, what is the point of destroying what's left of their life for something that occurred in the distant past? Who is being "protected" if there isn't any threat? And if that person IS deemed to be a threat, why is no one pressing charges with the law?
      Crashing Boar -

Do you understand the meaning of the word “ethics”? It’s not a synonym for “inhibitions”.

The absence of a statute of limitations indicates that SafeSport is not just about addressing a current threat, even if that is the primary goal. USEF banned Jimmy Williams 25 years after he died. Whether the victims managed to have successful careers after the abuse or not, why should they have to live with seeing their abuser lauded for all his fabulous equestrian achievements with no acknowledgement of his crimes?

Comment

• Originally posted by smoofox View Post
        I am having a lot of trouble understanding why people are falling all over themselves to vilify SafeSport when it is obvious they have ZERO clue about the actual careful process that those listed are well aware of and instead think it is some kind of a slam dunk where any so-called victim can fabricate a story and that is all to takes to "ruin" someone. Seriously - pull your heads out...

That is not how any of this works - but apparently very few of the I Stand With George types could care less about actual facts and procedures and instead use a carefully constructed PR release as their "truth". You actually believe there was only one incident 50 years ago - that was mentioned in that PR release? SERIOUSLY? I may not be anybody anyone cares about in the H/J world - but even a nobody like me heard the tales and whispers and tsk-tsks. And they were not from 50 years ago.

Where there is smoke there is fire. We need MORE smoke alarms - not less. But some seem to want to run around and take out all the batteries, put the detectors back together so it looks as if they are working, and call it good. NO.

ETA: I can sure as hell remember every detail of an incident that happened 50 years ago. I was walking my dog off leash on a hot summer evening. A white Camaro with blue racing stripes pulled up alongside us, the guy leaned over and opened that passenger door and called my dog - who loved car rides and jumped right in. He then grabbed the dog and told me he would hurt her if I did not get in that car. I yelled and cried, the dog struggled and tried to pull away and her collar pulled over her head and she ran to me. We cut across a nearby field so we would not be on the street - and from the trees I could see that Camaro go slowly around that big block a few times, looking for us. He gave up before I did. But I suppose some here would say it was my fault for wearing shorts and a halter top, walking my dog off leash etc. etc. etc.

How about 40 years ago? I can tell you every sordid detail about being cornered in a photographers studio in Old Montreal when I went to drop off some proof sheets in my job as a graphic artist. That guy was my art director's best friend. I can tell you every feeling. Every smell. Every detail. Most of which I will take to my grave - the vile jerk died 30 years ago. How dare some of you seek so hard to minimize those types pf experiences... HOW. DARE. YOU.
        I was very briefly on ISWG and am convinced that a major reason that it is a closed group is that they want to guard their bubble of misinformation from any nasty facts that might creep in. You need a bubble of misinformation and ignorance to maintain your belief that GM is innocent and SafeSport is irresponsibly assuming every flimsy accusation is fact.

Comment

Working...
        X