Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_0200
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The blonde cow pony goes to a horse show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The blonde cow pony goes to a horse show

Some of you may remember that last year I acquired a western pleasure QH in a horse trade with my dad. So many things there to go wrong! But none of them have.

I am a working amateur with two non-horsey kids and a farm. I have ridden in one horse show since 2002. I keep bringing up horses and then never actually doing anything with them because life.

So finally my kids are a little older and I have a bit more freedom. I bought an OTTB in December and signed up for the Retired Racehorse Project. I am building an indoor. I am making myself do horses more, for myself. I have dreamed and breathed horses since I was 4, just dropped out of showing due to finances, work, then kids.

I signed up for a combined test with the cow pony (and took the OTTB for miles and an Intro dressage test or 2). Cow pony went to a clinic last year in July and hasn't jumped a course since (my outdoor is tiny with no room for lines). But we've been having fun, I have kept working when possible. She hadn't ever seen really colorful jumps or anything, but she is always game and we are forming a great trusting partnership.

It was a horrible winter -- with no indoor I've just been fitting her up....and I've jumped twice this year over brown poles and this week jumped the softball benches at the elementary school next door, so what could go wrong?

The fat blonde mare was absolutely fantastic and being back in the show ring was just so FUN! can't wait to do it again. video of her SJ round attached. Never been so happy with a 4 fault round before!

So in love with this mare, such a trier. And the TB was a star too, for having a dozen rides off the track! no video of him but he was delightful considering everything. Up the day we arrived and so much calmer the day of the show, despite green horses and riders in his warmup. We shall see if he is ready come October. If we go we need.a COTH cheering section please, for the amateurs who just keep on trying!

Frankly, you both could not be any cuter!

What a wonderful story, encouraging for lots of us, and a great day for you both. That mare is a darlin' and you rode her beautifully.

Sometimes I think those of us that rode seriously when we were younger let those memories keep us from even trying nowadays... but you did the best you could with what you had... and it was terrific.

Welcome back to the show ring, you are going to have so much fun.

Comment

You both look great!
      It is plain your "cowpony" trusts you & has Heart & Try to boot.
      You can look forward to more success showing & best of all: FUN!
      *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
      Steppin' Out 1988-2004
      Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
      Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

Love her!!!!!!! I’m glad to hear Harry is doing well too. Must be nice to get everyone going again after that long winter.
        Building and Managing the Small Horse Farm: http://thesmallhorsefarm.blogspot.com

Comment

You go, girl!

Comment

Wow! Congrats! So well ridden and you guys look like a great pair! Welcome back to the show ring

Comment

You look fantastic, your cow pony is adorable!
              The best sports bras for riders are Anita 5527 and Panache! Size UP in Anita, down in Panache (UK sizing)

Comment

CUTE
                ~Veronica
                "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
                http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

Well done! You are a lovely rider and she is so game! Kudos.

Comment

I just love her! And I love when things come together like they are for you guys right now!

Comment

WOW, just WOW!! You look so good and your mare is to die for. Congrats and keep up the good work.
                      Sandy
                      www.sugarbrook.com
                      hunter/jumper ponies

Comment

Yay!!!

Well when you are tired of that gorgeous palomino, you can send her my way....

Go get 'em momma!
                        It is not enough to know how to ride; one must know how to fall.

Comment

Was there ever any doubt?! You’re a rock star and she’s basically Precious 2.0. You’ve been converting pleasure horses into sport horse since, well, we don’t have to say. Congrats and cheers to continued fun!

Comment

Love her! Great round! Continue having fun

Comment

Excellent! You two look wonderful
                              AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

Perfect. Isn’t it nice to have one that wants to help you out and doesn’t need micro managing every stride?
                                When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

You both looked great!! What a cutie and my type of horse
                                  \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

Comment

What a lovely, almost huntery round! She is adorable!
                                    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Comment

Yay you! You two look great together. I really enjoyed reading your post.
                                      Rack on!

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks so much, everyone! I had such a blast. It is really nice to have one you can just put in gear....so much easier to find a distance when the canter is pretty much the same! It is a joy to ride her.

Comment

Working...
                                        X