Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse Injured Pre-Shipping to New Owner - What To Do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a reminder to all to be sure you not only have a sales contract but a boarding contract in place for the time the horse remains at the sellers facility or whatever barn owner they board with to establish who has care, custody and control.. sounds like this is being handled appropriately by these sellers.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

It sounds like the seller is class. That's generous to pay the vet bill. It sounds like they are on top of it and are keeping you well informed. I hope that she heals up nicely!

Comment

The seller sounds very reasonable - jingles for continued good news. Sometimes horses just surprise us with how flexible they are about getting hurt..

I once had a trainer come try a gelding of mine for free lease. I didn't have the time for him. She rode him, her students rode him, she loved him, and agreed to come back that weekend to pick him up. What do you know, the morning she was to arrive to pick him up he somehow got caught in a metal gate and banged himself up pretty good. We told her, and she still came and took a chance on him.
        AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

Working...
        X