Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

DSC_0001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Colored show shirts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored show shirts?

So, I've been shopping around on different sites and apps for some new show shirts, and I've kind of noticed that colored show shirts seem to be out of style. Especially in the larger shows, you hardly ever see someone wearing a shirt that's not white (minus shirts like le Fash and others that are colored, but look classic under coats). Does anyone still even show in colored shirts (like the pastel pink, blue, purple, yellow, etc)? Just wondering as I hardly see them anymore.

I do. And, HORRORS! I show with a monogrammed choker. However, I'm a very old amateur and we tend to do what we want and don't give a flip what others think.

Comment

I always show in a pink shirt with my charcoal-grey jacket.

Comment

I have a closet bar full of pastel colored shirts with monogrammed chokers. Thus far too chicken to wear them but holding onto them in the event colored shirts come back in style. The choker vs wrap collar is a non issue for me.
        http://www.poochpaddock.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Po...4588358?ref=mf

Comment

I think the reason you hardly see anyone wearing them is that no one is making new shirts in a color. And I'll admit that I was reluctant to hop on the boring white bandwagon, but the newer technical shirts are so much more comfortable. All it'll take is one manufacturer deciding they're making a color, and getting a Cool Person wearing them for a show or two, and everyone will be back in blue/pink/purple shirts.

Judges don't notice/care what color shirt you're wearing, unless you find some kind of distracting caution orange or something.
          A Year In the Saddle

Comment

Colored show shirts are coming back!! I know of two companies making a blue and white pinstripe shirt for spring 2019 and another doing a very chic polka dot pattern in pink and navy. These are all high-end brands so yes, they just need one sponsored rider to wear them and every other manufacturer will hop on board.

Comment

Originally posted by 173north View Post
              Colored show shirts are coming back!! I know of two companies making a blue and white pinstripe shirt for spring 2019 and another doing a very chic polka dot pattern in pink and navy. These are all high-end brands so yes, they just need one sponsored rider to wear them and every other manufacturer will hop on board.
              Fantastical news! Can't wait....So glad I saved my shirts from yester-year.
              http://www.poochpaddock.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Po...4588358?ref=mf

Comment

You know what's hilarious about this? I'm hoping to get back into showing next season. If colored shirts are coming back, I will be right back on trend, having missed the time period when colors were "out".

I'll still probably buy a new show shirt, though. I have a pink one with a wrap collar and I just happen to like the newer shirts better.

Comment

I love the soft colors. I still wear them, but granted, I ride schooling shows and mostly low level jumpers, so no one cares. Or no one can do anything about it if they do care. And like Go Fish, I'm not a youngster. And all mine are the more techy materials. I just got a bunch before they went out of fashion a few years ago.
                  "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
                  - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by JenEM View Post
                    I think the reason you hardly see anyone wearing them is that no one is making new shirts in a color. And I'll admit that I was reluctant to hop on the boring white bandwagon, but the newer technical shirts are so much more comfortable. All it'll take is one manufacturer deciding they're making a color, and getting a Cool Person wearing them for a show or two, and everyone will be back in blue/pink/purple shirts.

Judges don't notice/care what color shirt you're wearing, unless you find some kind of distracting caution orange or something.
                    Talent Yarn did purple and light blue. It didn't seem to turn the tide.

I hope the color does come back in style. White is boring!
                    ~Veronica
                    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
                    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

I've been seeing them a lot more in hunters, I like them!

Comment

Working...
                      X