• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

What do you think of these feet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

Originally posted by hurleycane View Post
    Rick - FIRST apologize to pal-o-mino.

And I just want to throw in here that many would say that the crookedness of his body is reflected in his feet.

Do any here feel the feet are the cause of the crooked body?

Don't both need correcting?

Doesn't he need some slower rehab work?

Or maybe retirement?

DOes he have to be used till he breaks?

Oh my. Dramatic much? This thread is about his feet. You don't know what his work load is now or has been for the past few months. You don't know he's not having body work done. No one has said that the body and feet are independent of one another or that one is responsible for the other. Why do some people just assume that if it's not their horse, it's in the wrong hands?
    The horse needs a new farrier. He has soundness issues that require longterm management. Many, MANY horses do. They are being managed and he is very much loved and appreciated. And, did I mention that he needs a new farrier? He is NOT the "little matchstick horse" that's going to be used and abused and disposed of when he "breaks". Sheesh! Lighten up.
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

Comment

• Lordy - My apologies.

Not the first time I have been too peppery with my questions. Not trying to imply anything other than I might have skimmed the posts and got the impression you could not convince the owner to change farriers. Hence the questions as to rehab, retirement or why the need to keep showing. Not sure how you got the impression the horse was in the wrong hands - apology for that as well.

The body pics were something else - like you said.

I agree - many many many horses have similar problems. I have "dos" crooked horses in my care. The vets and farriers and trainers I use for them do each express the same conundrum - which ever was first matters not - cause they will each continuously affect the other (crooked body - crooked feet).

So I apologize for the peppery questions - And hopefully this post did not add salt.

It is a very interesting presentation for the board.
      from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by hurleycane View Post
        Rick - FIRST apologize to pal-o-mino.
        ROTFLMFAO!! Who died and left you in charge?
        And I just want to throw in here that many would say that the crookedness of his body is reflected in his feet.
        Or is it that the crookedness of his feet is reflected in his body?
        Do any here feel the feet are the cause of the crooked body?
        ooh, oohm, Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter.....
        Don't both need correcting?
        And your recipe for doing that is........?

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieBlue View Post
          Oh my. Dramatic much? This thread is about his feet. You don't know what his work load is now or has been for the past few months. You don't know he's not having body work done. No one has said that the body and feet are independent of one another or that one is responsible for the other. Why do some people just assume that if it's not their horse, it's in the wrong hands? ..... He is NOT the "little matchstick horse" that's going to be used and abused and disposed of when he "breaks". Sheesh! Lighten up.
          JB, you have just experienced, yet again, TSS from the dilettantes in the peanut gallery. LOL!

Comment

• Rick - Crazy funny to me that you asked for an apology on this thread. I am well aware that you have no use for civility. And yet you clamored for an apology on this thread? Toooo funny.

And here you are whipping up folks to join in another of your mock fests. Go ahead. Parse out another of your leotard clad online thread battles. I am sure people will find it just one more classic to add to your list of Message Board accomplishments. Beat up the pigeons, listen to the doves cry. Makes you feel important I am sure.

Time for you to post some pictures of all this good work you do. Maybe some pictures in focus. That would be nice.
            from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Comment

Rick - Crazy funny to me that you asked for an apology on this thread.
              Damn straight, because its warranted.
              I am well aware that you have no use for civility.
              Au contraire' mon reading comprehension impaired cherie. However, you do deserve kudos for penning yet another logical fallacy. So, Kudos for that...
              And yet you clamored for an apology on this thread?
              As is, in context, appropriate.
              Toooo funny.
              Actually, its too sad for the individual concerned as well as for you.
              And here you are whipping up folks to join in another of your mock fests. Go ahead. Parse out another of your leotard clad online thread battles. I am sure people will find it just one more classic to add to your list of Message Board accomplishments.
              Like I care....
              Beat up the pigeons, listen to the doves cry.
              As noted, I no longer suffer, in silence or otherwise, fools and their foolishness or stupidity. Which is why I even bothered with the likes of you. But now I find that the juice just ain't worth the squeeze.
              Makes you feel important I am sure.
              Wherever it was that you purchased your Tarot cards, Ouija Board, Crystal Ball, etc., I suggest you return them for a full refund as they are not working for you. Oh, and you might want to consider going up a size in Big Girl Panties 'cause the ones you now wear seem to be a bit too tight/small for you.
              Time for you to post some pictures of all this good work you do. Maybe some pictures in focus. That would be nice.
              Too easy. LOL! You are yet again, trumped.
              Ask and you shall receive. http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ooner-s-hooves

Comment

• Someone still needs needs a camera that can focus and why the crop on the pictures? You trying to say the horse was standing square in the back shot? Would be good for the student (you )to present this one to the master (Smitty). No?

Comment

Someone still needs needs a camera that can focus and why the crop on the pictures?
                  The photos were not cropped. They were taken with the camera in my phone. But don't let that stop you from putting your ignorance on display. Take it or leave it. Either way, no me importa.
                  You trying to say the horse was standing square in the back shot?
                  Nope, are you?
                  Would be good for the student (you )to present this one to the master (Smitty). No?
                  No, because he's not my master though I do admit he forges pretty shoes. Is that why you, who have never been physically in the presence of either of us, thinks he's a master? Or is it because you have such extensive knowledge and skill in the forge, at the anvil and under the horse? Methinks its none of the afore mentioned things, rather, its because you are but another dilettante(because you pass "The Duck test") both with the horse, and in your knowledge of the camera.

And, in case you missed it, please read my signature, below.
                  Last edited by Rick Burten; Apr. 15, 2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Someone still needs needs a camera that can focus and why the crop on the pictures? You trying to say the horse was standing square in the back shot? Would be good for the student (you )to present this one to the master (Smitty). No?
                    Guess rick didn't comprehend his buddy's dissertation on proper hoof photography.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal-o-mino View Post
                      Guess rick didn't comprehend his buddy's dissertation on proper hoof photography.
                      When you gonna finally realize that as a mind reader, your ability is non-existent.

Did you ever figure out which hand fills up faster, the one you wish in or the one you piss in?

By the way, Pal-o, I've been considering hurly's demand that I apologize to you. She's right, I do owe you an apology. So, Pal-O, I apologize for being too nice to you and for lowering myself to the level necessary to converse with you. I promise to do better from now on. I will ratchet up my contempt and disdain to a level worthy of a dilettante nee person of your ilk.

Hey Hurly, are ya' happy now? lol
                      Last edited by Rick Burten; Apr. 16, 2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Burten View Post
                        Why you gonna finally realize that as a mind reader, your ability is non-existent.

Did you ever figure out which hand fills up faster, the one you wish in or the one you piss in?

By the way, Pal-o, I've been considering hurly's demand that I apologize to you. She's right, I do owe you an apology. So, Pal-O, I apologize for being too nice to you and for lowering myself to the level necessary to converse with you. I promise to do better from now on. I will ratchet up my contempt and disdain to a level worthy of a dilettante nee person of your ilk.

Hey Hurly, are ya' happy now? lol
                        Hmm, you didn't address my comment. Guess I was right.

I really don't care what you do. I think it's funny the amount of time you spend quoting and finding links and looking up big words in your thesaurus all in the name of insulting someone. You must have a very boring and lonely life indeed. Don't feel too bad when I tell you your efforts are wasted. The longer the post from you, the less likely I am to read it. I hope you quote this word for word. Have a nice day.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal-o-mino View Post
                          Hmm, you didn't address my comment. Guess I was right.
                          Actually, I did address your comment. But you have to have more than a few operating brain cells in order to understand that.
                          I really don't care what you do.
                          Your continual nattering shows otherwise.
                          I think it's funny the amount of time you spend quoting and finding links and looking up big words in your thesaurus all in the name of insulting someone.
                          There you go again, using logical fallacies and laying bare your soft underbelly of ignorance.
                          You must have a very boring and lonely life indeed.
                          Again with the logical fallacies... You're on quite a roll.....lol!
                          Don't feel too bad when I tell you your efforts are wasted. The longer the post from you, the less likely I am to read it. I hope you quote this word for word. Have a nice day.
                          The evidence indicates otherwise. Is there any other way to correctly quote something? Thanks, I always do.

Comment

• I agree pal-o-mino. A picture is worth 1000 words. Well, to anyone that knows the measure of worth. And though Rick is verbose, he sure could use a little help on the picture excuse wording - I mean him being a greatly admired and sought after teacher and all.

Now pal-o-mino, though I think my intent was obvious, I want to clarify why I originally asked that he give you an apology. You of course deserved the apology. Had he given it, well he would have done himself some good and saved a little face and maybe developed some of the grace he tries on occasion to emulate. But it seems he prefers to don his wooley robes, wave his little flashlight and be stuck for all eternity pissing a puddle at his feet. Oh well.

But though he would like to imply that Smitty is only good at the forge, have no doubt he is indeed a pretty fantastic farrier. Not only can he bang out some incredible metal - he can trim, dress a foot and drive a nail. Man of few words and many many talents. But don't get me wrong - he is a good read as well. Yes, there is an art to his words as well. Kinda like his foot work - it does not take many words to make his point. And those who apprentice with him are up to speed in no time - doing work most think not possible. The man is a master - and it ain't just the iron he shines at. Great to follow his work on line and all who read and see his work are fortunate he takes the time to publish it.

Always a mere minion at his feet.

Comment

• Rick was not the only one persisting with personal commentary in this thread, but since it's been an ongoing issue with him, he ran out of lives on this site. It's a shame to lose a knowledgeable poster, but it's not fair to other members of the community to continue to extend membership to someone who persists in pushing or overstepping our posting policies.

Back to the main topic.
                              Mod 1

Comment

• Poor mods! You guys must cringe any time you see a hoof thread or a slaughter thread start up. God forbid someone want to discuss whether slaughter bound horses are better off shod or barefoot!
                                McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Laurierace beat me to it. Kudos to the mods, it's a dirty job, but we DO need you!
                                  "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Laurierace View Post
                                    Poor mods! You guys must cringe any time you see a hoof thread or a slaughter thread start up. God forbid someone want to discuss whether slaughter bound horses are better off shod or barefoot!

Well, I, for one, think they're better off barefoot. Less shrinkage after the carcass is dressed and weighed.
                                    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
                                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

Comment

• Yay mods!

Comment

• Sometimes i almost wish my horses needed shoes so I can see how my farrier does. It does look nice when they're freshly shod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moderator 1 View Post
                                          Rick was not the only one persisting with personal commentary in this thread, but since it's been an ongoing issue with him, he ran out of lives on this site. It's a shame to lose a knowledgeable poster, but it's not fair to other members of the community to continue to extend membership to someone who persists in pushing or overstepping our posting policies.

Back to the main topic.
                                          Mod 1
                                          Ya know, you're a special kind of stupid aren't you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X