Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Equine Adequan for my dog - dosage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Equine Adequan for my dog - dosage?

I got the all-clear from my dogs vet to use some of my left over equine adequan for her, however I cannot get a clear understanding on the dosage. I have had him explain it 5 times and honestly just confused myself more and more. He was breaking it down into parts per million and ML and MG - my mind is blown and I honesty am frustrated in his inability to break it down into lamens terms or exact dosage for my dog.

I have two viles of 500mg/5ml equine Adequan and a 75 pound dog. Can anyone give me some clarity on the dosage I can use for my pup?

My equine vet told me it's 1ml for dogs. He said that's the dose for any size dog, just like you'd give a pony the same vacc dose as you would a horse.
    Savor those rides where you feel like a million bucks, because there will be those where you feel like a cheap date...

Comment

Equine Adequan is 100mg/mL and 5mL bottles.

Canine Adequan is the same concentration - the 5mL bottle is 100mg/mL. The dosage is .02mL/lb or 1mL/50lb.

All that is on the Adequan site.

Comment

Working...
      X