Stallion Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Stall walker now stuck on stall rest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mirror came in the mail today. It was hung and he loves it. It was a 12”x24”. He loves it and is happily eating hay near it. I found 24x24 of the same safety mirrors on amazon and purchased three of them so he could have a 2 foot by 6 foot area to admire himself in. Thanks all SO much for the suggestions and I’ll let you know how my giant mirror scheme plays out.

Could you post a link to the big mirrors?
    Amazon doesn't seem to know what those are, or my search skills are sorely lacking,

Glad he is happy now.
    Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Original Poster

Marketing Holders 24" w x 24" h Acrylic Mirror Sheet Great for Classroom Camping Fun House Pack of 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HPHSYX..._sbwUCbN6P2ZCH

here is the link!

Comment

MoonLadyIsis Can you post a link to the mirrors you found?

ETA: didn’t look at the second page before posting, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonLadyIsis View Post
          Marketing Holders 24" w x 24" h Acrylic Mirror Sheet Great for Classroom Camping Fun House Pack of 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HPHSYX..._sbwUCbN6P2ZCH

here is the link!
          Thank you so much!

Those look wonderful for what we want.

Hope your horse is now happier with his mirror friend.

Comment

• Original Poster

I’ll share a photo when I install them on Sunday! Can’t hurt for him to constantly be able to see another horse!

Comment

Glad to see you found an economical mirror product! Can't believe I didn't think to recommend mirrors when you first posted.

I used a (heavy, expensive, stainless steel) mirror with my stall walker for a while. It helped SO much. Until she got in a fight with mirror horse. Not sure what triggered the falling out, but they went through a bad breakup and just like that mirror horse was dead to her. I hope yours is able to maintain the self-love relationship for the duration of his stall rest!

Comment

Working...
              X